• Sneaky
  • Stresses
  • Tired
  • Twisted
  • Worried
  • Yeehaw
  • Reply to Thread
    Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 8 ... LastLast

Thread: [GUIDE] Setting up a regular windows Hosting VPS for FOREX trading.

I am:
      Busy

moneygrows has a reputation beyond repute moneygrows has a reputation beyond repute moneygrows has a reputation beyond repute moneygrows has a reputation beyond repute moneygrows has a reputation beyond repute moneygrows has a reputation beyond repute moneygrows has a reputation beyond repute moneygrows has a reputation beyond repute moneygrows has a reputation beyond repute moneygrows has a reputation beyond repute moneygrows has a reputation beyond repute moneygrows's Avatar
      Thanks
      Thanked 22,733 Times in 5,530 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by precap2 View Post
      Very detailed information. I understand every step clearly. I wanted to know if I could run mt4 on Linux server because I have a service provider that offers Linux for $3.50 and you can pay for 6months to get 6 months free. That's very interesting compared to my current Win Server at $19/month. Their customer service says I can use a software called WINE (Windows Emulator) to run Windows software on Linux, but I don't even have a Linux computer to start doing something about it. Maybe all of us should join in this try if you know someone that has a Linux system.
      $3.50 is cheap, why dont you rent it for one month and use it to play around with wine? im thinking of doing the same thing once im done with my holiday

Will work for pips
      I am:
      ----

autotradefx is on a distinguished road autotradefx's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      8.45 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by moneygrows View Post
      Gotta find me a good EA first..
      Ive got the best, see my PAMM ac stats and PM me if you interested

Will work for pips
      I am:
      ----

Accumulated bonus
      8.45 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

$3.50 is cheap, why dont you rent it for one month and use it to play around with wine? im thinking of doing the same thing once im done with my holiday
      Is that a Linux VPS, only in that case you would have root access to it, so that you can install applications like Wine and metatrader. or else ask your host. Linux is just linux wether its your home one or what webhosting providers use, just differrent security levels.

A cheap linux VPS would also cost min $6-8. Might as well go for windows for $12 cos we are playing with money here

I am:
      Busy

moneygrows has a reputation beyond repute moneygrows has a reputation beyond repute moneygrows has a reputation beyond repute moneygrows has a reputation beyond repute moneygrows has a reputation beyond repute moneygrows has a reputation beyond repute moneygrows has a reputation beyond repute moneygrows has a reputation beyond repute moneygrows has a reputation beyond repute moneygrows has a reputation beyond repute moneygrows has a reputation beyond repute moneygrows's Avatar
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by autotrade** View Post
      Is that a Linux VPS
      Yup, we were discussing about some cheap option.
      I'll definitely will go with windows since its easier. Thought i could get my hands on some free linux vps to play around with before i buy the windows but i was wrong

Will work for pips
      I am:
      ----

Accumulated bonus
      8.45 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Yup, we were discussing about some cheap option.
      I'll definitely will go with windows since its easier.
      Yeah windows is much easier, specially the part where you connect with remote access, its just like another computer within your computer. Easier to install and stuff.

FX Vampire
      I am:
      Flirty

precap2 will become famous soon enough precap2's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      732.00 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by autotrade** View Post
      Ive heard running it on linux has its own share of problems, but yes it can be run with a program called "wine", but woudnt recomend this on a linux VPS webserver though, but again No harm in trying. I have never tried it though as i'm mostly a windows guy

Anyways here is a link that explains it.

Installing Metatrader 4 on a Linux Desktop

Also here is a 5 part video series:
      I have seen that the trouble involved with using Linux for MT4 is really not worth the little money I desire to save, in fact the trouble is worth 1000000 times more than the money. I quit and stick with Windows VPS unless Metatrader Corporation decides to make one for Linux. Thanks for your trouble in bringing in this tutorials
      When price hits support 10 in one day - buy; if it hits resistance 10 in the same day, buy a helmet and trench coat. There will be war!
      Mystery is the final product of ignorance.
      Hey! What's ma chart doin'

7. The Following User Says Thank You to precap2 For This Useful Post:

autotradefx (02-29-2012)

I am:
      Busy

Thanks

So, which windows vps provider are you guys using and whats the price like? Most providers i checked charge $12. Any recommendation? Any servers thats near to I** HK server that you guys know of?

MT5 Rookie
      I am:
      ----

pammer is on a distinguished road pammer's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      3.20 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

I have found one from 4xsignal.com/faq.html , a windows VPS server that costs only 7.95$ .
      Please check that one. It is the cheapest one can get.

I am:
      Busy

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pammer View Post
      I have found one from 4xsignal.com/faq.html , a windows VPS server that costs only 7.95$ .
      Please check that one. It is the cheapest one can get.
      thats burst.net. I heard its the cheapest but not reliable. Some downtime complaints among others.
      Not suitable for anyone who wants 24/5 connection or even a noob in vps.

My charts talk to me!
      I am:
      Cool

superon is on a distinguished road superon's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      222.51 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

I am just fine with my manual trade with fiber optics adsl internet connection , but yes to make the robot on autopilot with out any error people looks for vps hosting, but I guess if I ever buy auto trader robot I will run that in my same internet I am using now , but one question arise in my mind is that the auto trader have their own server or I need to remain the mt4 open for that , I guess I am understanding why my previous auto trader setup did not functioned for me.

Reply to Thread
    Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 8 ... LastLast