• Sneaky
  • Stresses
  • Tired
  • Twisted
  • Worried
  • Yeehaw
  • Closed Thread
    Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Let your profits run and cut your losses (4)

Banned
      I am:
      Busy

gulaksarker is on a distinguished road gulaksarker's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      946.60 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by qorbobo View Post
      There's a famous saying in trading community that goes "Let profits run, cut losses short" but I see many of us do eactly the opposite. I keep widening moving my stop as they get bigger and bigger but this is not the case with profits. Is it because we are too sensitive to profit or because of improper money management? Don't tell me you always hold your trades until the final target
      Ha ha ha you told very true. Those traders are more emotional they just let the trade running even if it is losing. They hold the trade in the hope of getting profit. But we should avoid it strictly.

2. Forex Game
      MT5 Veteran
      I am:
      ----

h3m4nt is on a distinguished road h3m4nt's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      862.40 USD (What is this?)
      caught pokemons
      1 (What is this?)
      Thanks

i think you should always maintain a balance between the money management and risk management we can't afford heavy profits everytime on the money we kept for risk management because it will lead the the short fall of a capital.

FX Super Hero
      I am:
      Devilish

BeGood is an unknown quantity at this point BeGood's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      341.35 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

I also had experienced such a situation, at that time, I always thought if I could restore the lost money while trading so I do not close the trade. But the reality is not, I Losses continue until I find a Margin Call. When I make a profit, I am always in a hurry to close the trade, I was afraid if I lose anymore so I just get a little profit.

FX Zombie
      I am:
      Cool

Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      1086.64 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 4,244 Times in 1,631 Posts

why i do so is because i understand that it is a way for me to win. it is as simple as that. there may be many ways to do it, this is one of them. i do not think that there needs to be more motivation then that. the problem with moving stops lies not within the system but with the trader himself.. this is where mental training and later experience of trading comes in. after that has been resolved the trading will be better.
      The symbiosis mashed up.. Trading Journal, ideas and ideas and also, maybe, but not limited to, other things!
      symbiosis mashup <-- click this thing. pie, cake, sugar, coffee and closing all trades in profit. (and more cake)

Forum Guru
      I am:
      ----

zomosolid will become famous soon enough zomosolid's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      1897.35 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

yes you are right, i think we are talking about the fear in forex business here, well you are right that happens to the most traders that they let the loss run and cut the profit, while in fact better to do the opposite, or follow and discipline with one plan, so discipline is the solution for this emotion

It's time to retire!
      I am:
      Confused

bablu7832 has a spectacular aura about bablu7832 has a spectacular aura about bablu7832 has a spectacular aura about bablu7832's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      3316.15 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Dear friend most of the time traders expect to make 100% profits all the time and they don't want to loose money,that's why when they are getting profit they want to get out of that trade and lock their profits.But when they loose they keep on expecting that market will come in positive side and thus they either get stuck in a floating loss position or face margin call.

Banned
      I am:
      ----

Adham Sabry is on a distinguished road Adham Sabry's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      1317.75 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

we should always work very hard in order to make profits and in my opinion if you can make money without loses or without continuous loses you should be happy with your profits even if they were not high

Banned
      I am:
      ----

zaroor is an unknown quantity at this point zaroor's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      0.00 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

profit and loss is the part of the trade. before making any decision we should always decide analytically. if a market is not in a position you can earn profit then never trade in the market. stop it and wait for the right time.

It's time to retire!
      I am:
      Chatty

systematicfx has a brilliant future systematicfx has a brilliant future systematicfx has a brilliant future systematicfx has a brilliant future systematicfx has a brilliant future systematicfx has a brilliant future systematicfx has a brilliant future systematicfx has a brilliant future systematicfx has a brilliant future systematicfx has a brilliant future systematicfx has a brilliant future systematicfx's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      3259.03 USD (What is this?)
      caught pokemons
      12 (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,688 Times in 599 Posts

My dear, not just you. it happens to lots of traders in the market. i think i am one of those traders that keep doing that.

I keep seeing myself adjusting my stop loss and closing a trade that is profitable and would still have the tendency of moving further in my direction..

actually, this isn't how to trade the market. it is the wrong approach to trading forex. if we keep on that way we can never make anything out of the market
      IF YOU WANT TO LAST LONG IN THE MARKET THEN APPLY THIS SIMPLE METHOD

http://forum.mt5.com/showthread.php?86700-The-Splitting-lot-size-Method-of-Trading

11. <a href=""> </a>
      It's time to retire!
      I am:
      Chatty

rahan07 has much to be proud of rahan07 has much to be proud of rahan07 has much to be proud of rahan07 has much to be proud of rahan07 has much to be proud of rahan07 has much to be proud of rahan07 has much to be proud of rahan07 has much to be proud of rahan07 has much to be proud of rahan07's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      3911.89 USD (What is this?)
      caught pokemons
      16 (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,160 Times in 556 Posts

most of time we know market move opposite to us but we not cut our trade this is totally emotional trading.only we can achieve success here if we follow proper strategy and avoid greed otherwise this market can blown our account so we need to trade good.

Closed Thread
    Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 8 ... LastLast