Results 2,721 to 2,723 of 2723

Thread: Financial caricatures by MT5 portal

My charts talk to me!
      I am:
      ----

MT5 Cartoons will become famous soon enough MT5 Cartoons's Avatar
      Thanks

China urges dialogue in trade war with US
      According to China’s Foreign Ministry Spokesperson Geng Shuang, dialogue on an equal basis is seen as the only way to resolve the trade dispute with the United States.

“We have always maintained that the only correct means to resolve the trade dispute is through dialogue and consultation on an equal basis with mutual trust and respect,” he said. However, he added that China will have to retaliate as US President Donald Trump was expected to announce new tariffs on $200 billion in Chinese goods.

Earlier, US Trade Representative Robert Lighthizer said the White House administration was ready to impose tariffs that could range from 10 percent to 25 percent on $200 billion worth of Chinese goods.

Trump had plans to announce fresh tariffs on China in the coming days, the Wall Street Journal reported. Even the upcoming round of US-China negotiations will not hamper the imminent tariff introduction.

My charts talk to me!
      I am:
      ----

Thanks

Deutsche Bank to move 75% of capital from London
      Deutsche Bank is considering shifting a lion’s share of its assets, Financial Times reported. The bank eyes moving 75% of its balance sheet.

Currently, Deutsche Bank accounts for nearly 50% of total assets held by European banks in Britain. According to experts, this would be a devastating blow to London’s status as a financial hub. While the bank does not disclose the balance sheet size of its UK arm, it is estimated at nearly 600 billion euros.

As the UK will be considered a third country when it withdraws from the EU in March 2019, the European Central Bank required Deutsche Bank to move its capital and liquidity to Germany so that to comply with the rules applied to these countries.

The ECB fears that excessive global transactions of Deutsche Bank will remain in the UK after Brexit, which will be difficult to control.

The final decision regarding the transfer of assets from London is under way. Deutsche has already started to reduce the number of financial transactions in the UK. The transfer of assets could take between three and five years, experts say.

3. Dragon
      My charts talk to me!
      I am:
      ----

Thanks

G20 growth accelerates in Q2
      According to the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD), the real GDP growth of G20 countries increased by 1% from the preceding quarter. In the previous period, the growth came in at 0.9%, according to the think tank.

The organization unveiled a detailed report on a number of countries. In Japan, GDP growth stood at 0.7% in April-June 2018 compared to the previous three months. Russia’s growth recovered to 0.9% in the second quarter from 0.4% in the first quarter. Meanwhile, the United States’ gross domestic product increased by 1% from a 0.5% increase previously, and China posted 1.8% growth, up from 1.4% in the previous month.

Slower economic growth rates were recorded in Canada (to 0.7% from 0.4%), in the UK (to 0.4% from 0.2%), in Germany (to 0.5% from 0.4%) and in Brazil (to 0.2% from 0.1%).

The OECD noted a slowdown in Turkey’s growth to 0.9% from 1.5% and in South Korea’s growth to 0.6% from 1%. Meanwhile, the Australia’s economic growth weakened moderately to 0.9% from 1.1%, and that of India and Italy came in at 1.9% and 0.3% from 2% and 0.3%, respectively. In Mexico and South Africa, GDP fell by an equal 0.2%, while in January-March 2018 there was a 1% increase in Mexico and a 0.7% decrease in South Africa. Stable growth rates were recorded in Indonesia (1.3%) and in France (0.2%).

In April-June this year, growth throughout EU-28 was 0.4%. In the meantime, year-on-year GDP growth for the G20 area was 3.9% in the reporting period. India’s economy expanded at the fastest rate of 8%, while the South African GDP growth of 0.5% was the slowest among the surveyed countries.

Reply to Thread
    Page 273 of 273 FirstFirst ... 268 271 272 273