Results 2,621 to 2,624 of 2624

Thread: Financial caricatures by MT5 portal

My charts talk to me!
      I am:
      ----

MT5 Cartoons will become famous soon enough MT5 Cartoons's Avatar
      Thanks

Asian stocks finish in the green zone on Monday
      Almost all the stock indices of the Asia-Pacific region rose on Monday after closing higher last week, extending the rally not seen since February 2017.
      Investors weighed the signals of easing trade tensions between China and the United States. The worst performers were South Korean, Singapore and Indonesian stocks. Markets in Indonesia are concerned by the increased number of terrorist attacks, including the bombings at three churches last weekend and an attack on the police station on Monday.
      The consolidated index of the Asia-Pacific region, MSCI Asia Pacific, gained 0.5%, rising to 176.44. Donald Trump eased rhetoric on ZTE, China’s second-largest telecommunications equipment maker. On Monday, May 13, Trump ordered the Commerce Department to help ZTE to "get back into business". This helped dollar bonds of electronics manufacturers and telecommunications equipment makers of China, including Lenovo and Huawei, rise in price.
      A top-level Chinese delegation led by Vice Premier Liu He will arrive in Washington for trade talks this week.
      Nikkei 225 rose by 0.5%, while Topix advanced by 0.6%.
      Hong Kong Hang Seng grew by 1.4% on the back of strong data on Hong Kong’s growth. The Chinese Shanghai Composite climbed by 0.3%.
      Australia's S&P/ASX 200 Index rose by 0.3%, while India’s Sensex ticked up by 0.1%.
      South Korean Kospi sank by 0.1%, while Indonesian Jakarta Composite declined by 0.2%.
      The Malaysian market, which has been closed since the middle of the last week due to elections, opened on Monday with increased volatility: during early trades the major index lost 3% and then switched to a 0.2% rise by the end of trading. The national currency of Malaysia, which fell by 1% at early trades, managed to offset the decline by the end of the trading day.
      In Japan, producer prices rose by 2%, marking the slowest pace of growth in thirteen months on a yearly basis in April. In March prices increased by 2.1%. Month-on-month, prices edged up by 0.1%. Both readings matched analysts’ expectations.
      Stocks of Asia-Pacific producers of raw materials advanced: BHP gained 1.9% during Sydney trades, Rio Tinti was up 0.7%, and Aluminia rose by 2.9%.

2. <a href="https://www.instaforex.com/company_news">Ôîđĺęń ďîđňŕë</a>
      My charts talk to me!
      I am:
      ----

MT5 Pictures will become famous soon enough MT5 Pictures's Avatar
      Thanks

Treasury yields slightly raise the dollar rate
      On Tuesday the value of the dollar rebounded from its lowest level in more than a week. The rate began to rise on signals about the reduction of tensions in international trade which caused an increase in the Treasury yield above 3%.
      The dollar index, which tracks t the strength of the dollar against a basket of six currencies, the main trading partners of the United States, rose 0.04% to 92.60.
      The US currency found support as the yield on 10-year U.S. Treasury notes ticked up to 3.025%, the highest level in three weeks. A rise above the high of 3.035% would take it to its highest in three and a half years.
      U.S. Treasury yields were boosted by easing trade tensions between the U.S. and China after Donald Trump pledged to help Chinese technology company ZTE to resume work.
      In April, the White House barred U.S. companies from selling software and electronic components to ZTE which practically stopped the work of the company.
      The dollar rate hit four-and-a-half month highs against a currency basket last week. Then the currency lost momentum after tame U.S. inflation data tempered expectations for more stringent monetary policy by the US Federal Reserve this year.
      The regulator raised rates last March and projected two more rate hikes this year, although many investors had seen three hikes as possible.
      Investors were looking ahead to data on U.S. retail sales to assess the situation in the US economy.
      The dollar rose 0.22% against the yen to 109.89. The euro was almost unchanged, holding at 1.1926.
      The euro touched the day’s highs on Monday after European Central Bank policymaker Francois Villeroy de Galhau said that the European regulator expects a rate hike near the end of the QE program.
      The pound was steady, with GBP/USD at 1.3550, ahead of the latest UK jobs report.
      The Australian dollar was lower, with AUD/USD sliding 0.11% to 0.7517. The NZD/USD pair was trading at 0.6910.

Yours faithfully,
      The Official Caricaturist
      of the international traders' portal MT5.com.

My charts talk to me!
      I am:
      ----

Thanks

MSCI to add 234 Chinese companies shares to main indices in June
      The provider of popular indices, MSCI Inc, will add securities of 234 Chinese companies, traded on mainland stock exchanges and denominated in yuan, to their indices on June 1.
      A share of stocks of the companies from the local Chinese listing "A" in the MSCI China Index will amount to 1.26%, in the MSCI Emerging Markets Index – to 0.39%, MSCI said, publishing results of the next semi-annual rebalancing of the indices.
      Currently, calculation of the MSCI China index includes only shares of Chinese companies traded on foreign exchanges.
      It will attract billions of dollars to the Chinese stock market, which is very important, since it has been among the weakest this year.
      Since the beginning of the year, stock indices of Shanghai Composite fell by 4% because of fears of "trade war" between the United States and China.
      The company reported that its decision received broad support among international institutional investors and was primarily a result of the PRC authorities’ efforts to improve accessibility of the Chinese market.

Yours faithfully,

My charts talk to me!
      I am:
      ----

Thanks

Gold drops as US Treasury yields spike
      On Tuesday, May 15, the value of the troy ounce of gold dropped to a weekly low. The increase in the yield of US bond reduced the demand of investors for precious metal.
      Gold futures on the COMEX New York Mercantile Exchange fell by $7.60 to $1,310.60 a troy ounce, the lowest level from May 8.
      Gold started dropping after the yield on 10-year U.S. Treasury notes ticked up to 3.025%, the highest level in three weeks. A rise above the high of 3.035% would take it to its highest mark since 2014.
      The increase in the US Treasury yield can lead to a drop in demand for gold and other raw materials that do not bring profit.
      U.S. Treasury yields were boosted by easing trade tensions between the U.S. and China. Let us recall that Donald Trump pledged to help Chinese technology company ZTE to resume work. In April, the White House barred U.S. companies from selling software and electronic components to ZTE which practically stopped the work of the company.
      The dollar index, which tracks the strength of the dollar against a basket of six currencies, the main trading partners of the United States, rose 0.04% to 92.60.
      The growth of the dollar reduces the attractiveness of gold for holders of other currencies.
      At that time, the value of silver futures fell by 1.11% to $16.46 per ounce, platinum - by 0.8% to $907.60. Copper lost 0.26% of its value, sagging to $3,085 per pound.

Yours faithfully,

Reply to Thread
    Page 263 of 263 FirstFirst ... 258 261 262 263