Results 2,661 to 2,669 of 2669

Thread: Financial caricatures by MT5 portal

My charts talk to me!
      I am:
      ----

MT5 Cartoons will become famous soon enough MT5 Cartoons's Avatar
      Thanks

Meet Britain’s new Brexit minister
      Theresa May appointed Dominic Raab as new Brexit minister after his predecessor David Davis resigned saying he could no longer support the government’s plan for post-Brexit relationship with the EU.
      Forty-four-year-old Raab has been a housing minister since January 2018. Before he became an MP in 2010 he worked both for David Davis, one of the original Brexiteers and for pro-EU backbencher Dominic Grieve.
      "This appointment is a sign of despair, the Prime Minister is in a difficult situation," a source in the Conservative Party close to the government, said.
      On July 6, after hot disputes in the government and pressure from the supporters of European integration, the cabinet adopted a form of soft Brexit. The plan involves the creation of a free trade zone with the EU and the preservation of common customs standards.
      This scenario is backed by the UK business community. However, eurosceptics claim that soft Brexit will make Britain dependent on the EU again.

My charts talk to me!
      I am:
      ----

Thanks

China’s Legend buys Luxembourg’s oldest private bank
      China’s Legend Holdings bought almost a 90% stake in Banque Internationale a Luxembourg (BIL).
      Legend Holdings, the owner of PC maker Lenovo Group, paid a total 1.534 billion euros ($1.79 billion) to acquire an 89.936% stake in 161-year-old BIL. Luxemburg’s government owns the rest 9.993%. Other minority shareholders hold only 0.071% equity.
      Following the acquisition, the company’s asset structure is expected to be optimized. The bank’s assets will account for 35% of the total assets of Legend Holdings, while dominant Lenovo's shares in the company will fall from 54% to 33%
      The existing governance structure and management team of the bank will remain the same.
      As of the end of 2017, BIL had total assets of 23.8 billion euros, and its net income after tax in 2017 was 117 million euros.
      In May, Hang Seng Indexes Company removed Lenovo Group Ltd from its benchmark Hang Seng Index, citing a sharp fall in its shares.

My charts talk to me!
      I am:
      ----

Thanks

Eurozone investor confidence improves after falling for five months
      The latest Sentix survey of investors suggests that investor confidence in the eurozone has improved.
      The index, based on a survey of over 900 investors, rose to 12.3 in July, from 9.3 in June. Meanwhile, Reuters’ analysts had forecast a decline to 8.2.
      According to Sentix, the rise in the eurozone index is “unlikely to herald the start of a new upswing”.
      Trump's trade war, which is now aimed at the European car industry, can drag the growth of economic sentiment.
      The US imposed tariffs on imports from China and increased steel and aluminum duties on imports from the EU. The countermeasures did not take long: the EU and China imposed tariffs on US goods.
      In July, the Sentix indicator of investor confidence for Germany continued its downtrend. The indexfell to 16.2 in July from 18.5 in June.
      Germany seems to be particularly vulnerable to the expansion of trade disputes with the US, the think tank noted. Its key sectors, namely automakers and banks, suffer the most.

My charts talk to me!
      I am:
      ----

MT5 Pictures will become famous soon enough MT5 Pictures's Avatar
      Thanks

UK growth figures boost expectations for BoE’s August rate hike
      According to a report showed on Tuesday, the British economy expanded by 0.3% in May. In this regard, the country’s central bank could raise its benchmark interest rate.
      The Office for National Statistics said that the UK’s gross domestic product increased by 0.3% on a monthly basis compared with a 0.2% increase in April.
      The latest release by the ONS marks the launch of the new model for publishing gross domestic product. The growth rate is calculated based on April and May 2018 data, instead of figures for a quarter. The changes will mean quicker estimates of the economic growth, but the report's indicators can still be revised.

Yours faithfully,
      The Official Caricaturist
      of the international traders' portal MT5.com.

My charts talk to me!
      I am:
      ----

Thanks

German investor confidence hits six-year low
      Confidence among investors in Germany deteriorated sharply in June, reaching its lowest level since August 2012, the ZEW economic institute said. The barometer has been weighed down by “fears of an escalation in the international trade war with the United States", the think tank said.
      ZEW monthly survey of investors came in at -24.7 in June, down from -16.1 in June. Meanwhile, Reuters economists had predicted a modest decline to -18.
      According to Achim Wambach, president of ZEW, the current period has been marked by great political uncertainty.

Yours faithfully,

My charts talk to me!
      I am:
      ----

Thanks

Takeda set to join pharma heavyweights with Shire takeover
      Japanese pharmaceutical giant Takeda has received a key US regulatory approval for its acquisition of Irish-based Shire. The deal would catapult Takeda into the world's top drugmakers.
      Takeda announced the $62 billion acquisition of Shire in early May. It had to wait for a regulatory nod from the United States Federal Trade Commission for two months.
      The company is still undergoing antitrust review in China, the European Union, and Brazil. It also needs to get approval from 20 other jurisdictions as well as from shareholders of both drugmakers. However, a clearance from the United States could persuade investors that it will be able to complete the acquisition.
      With favorable developments, Takeda said it expects the deal to close in the first half on 2019. The deal will make Takeda one of the world’s biggest pharmaceutical companies headquartered in Japan.
      The divestment of the cancer business may be a deterrent for Takeda, since oncology was one of the areas it had highlighted as driving the case for a Shire deal, along with gastrointestinal medicine and neuroscience.

Yours faithfully,

My charts talk to me!
      I am:
      ----

Thanks

US warns of sanctions risk for companies invested in Nord Stream 2 pipeline
      The United States repeated a warning to Western firms invested in Russia’s Nord Stream 2 pipeline to Germany that they were at risk of sanctions.
      “We have been clear that firms working in the Russian energy export pipeline sector are engaging in a line of business that carries sanctions risk,” a spokesman for the US State Department said. However, Washington did not specify what restrictions would take place.
      Earlier, US President Donald Trump accused Germany of being a “captive” of Russia due to its support for the Nord Stream 2 pipeline. "It's very inappropriate," he said. Trump went on to complain that the US is expected to "defend them against Russia," despite Europe’s largest economy making "billions of dollars" in energy payments to Moscow.
      In late June, Germany was assured by the United States that any sanctions imposed on Russia will not affect the building of a gas pipeline to bring Russian gas to Europe.
      Nord Stream 2 is a pipeline project slated to transport natural gas from Russia to Germany running mostly under the Baltic Sea. The pipeline, which is expected to supply 55 billion cubic meters of gas, will be put into operation before late 2019.

My charts talk to me!
      I am:
      ----

Thanks

US lifts ban on sales to China's ZTE
      The US Department of Commerce lifted a ban on US companies selling goods to ZTE Corp. The Commerce Department had said it removed the ban after ZTE paid a $1.4 billion penalty.
      The ban was imposed in April 2018 to punish ZTE for violating US sanctions against Iran and North Korea by providing telecoms equipment to these countries.
      On July 13, ZTE said it would record a net loss in the first half of the year due to the US ban.

It estimated a preliminary net loss of 7.0-9.0 billion yuan ($1.05-1.34 billion) in January to June versus a profit of 2.3 billion yuan during the same period last year.

9. Lamboghini
      My charts talk to me!
      I am:
      ----

Thanks

US consumer sentiment declines in July amid trade war woes
      The University of Michigan consumer sentiment index fell to a six-month low in July. Meanwhile, negative concerns about the impact of tariffs have almost doubled, with consumers expecting a decline in the future pace of US economic growth.
      The University of Michigan's consumer sentiment for the United States slipped to 97.1 in July, below June’s level of 98.2. That was the lowest level since January.
      "Consumer sentiment slipped in early July but remained nearly equal to the average in the prior twelve months (97.7) and since the start of 2017 (97.4),” Survey of Consumers chief economist Richard Curtin said.
      So far, the strength in jobs and incomes has overcome higher inflation and interest rates, Curtin stressed.
      "The darkening cloud on the horizon, however, is due to rising concerns about the potential negative impact of tariffs on the domestic economy,” he warned.

Reply to Thread
    Page 267 of 267 FirstFirst ... 262 265 266 267