Results 2,511 to 2,520 of 2669

Thread: Financial caricatures by MT5 portal

My charts talk to me!
      I am:
      ----

MT5 Pictures will become famous soon enough MT5 Pictures's Avatar
      Thanks

German inflation in December exceeds forecasts
      According to preliminary data from the statistical office Destatis, Germany’s inflation accelerated at a faster rate than expected in December. The EU measure of inflation, the harmonized index of consumer prices (HICP) climbed by 1.6% year-over-year.
      The Reuters poll predicted a 1.4% increase.
      On a monthly basis, prices rose by 0.8%, which was slightly faster than the 0.6% increase economists had predicted. Calculated by national standards, consumer prices advanced by 1.7% from the same period a year ago and rose by 0.6% month-on-month. Analysts had expected an annualized rise of 1.5% and a monthly increase of 0.5%.
      Destatis said that the increase in food prices had the strongest impact on the increase in consumer prices. The second biggest increase was the rise in rental charges.
      Food prices rose by 3% year-on-year. Energy prices climbed by 1.3%. Services costs edged up by 1.6%, while housing rent rose by 1.7%.
      Germany’s consumer prices figures are closely-watched as they are crucial for the European Central Bank’s monetary policy.
      At its December meeting, the regulator left its interest rates unchanged and kept its monthly bond purchases at 30 billion euros a month until September this year and longer if necessary.
      In Germany, the core inflation outlook for 2017 was maintained at 1.3%, the forecast for 2018 was reduced to 1.6% from 1.7%, while the outlook for 2019 was left unchanged at 1.9%.

Yours faithfully,
      The Official Caricaturist
      of the international traders' portal MT5.com.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MT5 Pictures For This Useful Post:

Unregistered (1)

My charts talk to me!
      I am:
      ----

Thanks

March election in Italy likely to trigger uncertainty
      Italy will vote on March 4 in an election, which is expected to result in a hung parliament, instability and possible market turbulence in the eurozone’s third largest economy, Reuters said.
      Prime Minister Paolo Gentiloni’s cabinet determined the voting date after the president dissolved parliament, formally opening an election campaign which actually has been started several weeks ago.
      Opinion polls suggest no one will win a parliamentary majority. The prime minister said he would remain in office and ensure continuity until a new administration is established.
      Despite the fact that Silvio Berlusconi cannot become prime minister due to tax fraud charges, Forza Italia (Go Italy!), a center-right alliance formed around him has all the chances to take the largest number of seats, which can lead to his coming to the forefront of the country’s political system.
      “We must not dramatize the risk of instability, we are quite inoculated against it,” Gentiloni said, adding that adding that in other European countries there has been “an Italianization of political systems”.
      Thus, Germany failed to create a new government after inconclusive elections, while Britain is in tangled negotiations over its exit from the European Union.

Yours faithfully,

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MT5 Pictures For This Useful Post:

Unregistered (1)

My charts talk to me!
      I am:
      ----

Thanks

Ripple overtakes Ethereum as world’s second largest crypto
      XRP, a cryptocurrency of California-based start-up Ripple, surpassed Ethereum to become the world’s second-most valuable digital coin by market capitalization, according to data from CoinMarketCap.com.
      Ripple's tie-up with over 90 banks in Japan and South Korea reflects on its growth.
      The cryptocurrency’s market cap came in at $59 billion, exceeding the market value of such tech giants as Uber and Didi Chuxing.
      For a long time, the cryptocurrency was trading slightly above $0.20. Its biggest criticism was the large circulating supply and a limited practical use, despite all obvious advantages developed by Ripple for the banking industry.
      Lately, things started to change, resulting in a rising price of the cryptocurrency.
      Ripple decided to close 55 billion tokens on the escrow account, thus boosting investor confidence in the asset.
      Ripple is based around a shared, public database, that uses the consensus process of gateways and ‘trustlines’ that allows for payments, exchanges and remittance in a distributed process.
      In May 2017, the company announced its plans to restrict the supply of tokens, driving up interest in the second quarter, according to Miguel Vias, Ripple's head of XRP markets.
      Representatives of the company said that the move is capable of ensuring monetary stability in the Ripple ecosystem and giving investors confidence that the market will not be flooded with an excessive supply of XRP tokens.

Yours faithfully,

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MT5 Pictures For This Useful Post:

Unregistered (1)

My charts talk to me!
      I am:
      ----

MT5 Cartoons will become famous soon enough MT5 Cartoons's Avatar
      Thanks

Venezuela launches its cryptocurrency
      Venezuela’s government announced the start of issuance of the national oil-backed cryptocurrency El Petro.
      President Nicolas Maduro said he ordered the emission of 100 million petros, with 1 petro pegged to Venezuela's oil basket, which is about $60 per barrel.
      According to the government website, the certified Ayacucho oil field No.1 in the Orinoco Petroleum Belt will form the initial backing of 100 million petros.
      Maduro also noted that virtual exchanges will conduct an exchange and trading in the national virtual currency.
      Venezuela's first ever national meeting of petro 'miners' will take place on January 14, the date when the cryptocurrency is formally presented. The government said there are 50,918 miners in the country at the moment.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MT5 Cartoons For This Useful Post:

Unregistered (1)

My charts talk to me!
      I am:
      ----

Thanks

Eurozone retail sales rise by 1.5% in November
      The European Union's statistics agency Eurostat said retail sales in the euro area rose by 1.5% in November from the previous month. Analysts had expected a 1.4% increase.
      The retail sales in the EU28 climbed by 1.5% from October. In November 2017 compared with November 2016, the calendar adjusted retail sales index increased by 2.8% in the euro area and by 2.7% in the EU28. Economists had predicted a 2.2% rise year-over-year.
      The annual percentage change has been revised from +0.4% to +0.2% in the euro area and from +0.9% to +0.7% in the EU28.
      In November, sales of food and tobacco products rose by 1.6% in the euro area and by 1.4% in the EU on a yearly basis. Retail sales of non-food products in the euro area and the European Union grew equally by 4.1% year-over-year.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MT5 Cartoons For This Useful Post:

Unregistered (1)

My charts talk to me!
      I am:
      ----

Thanks

Russia’s daily oil output hits 30-year high
      Russian daily oil production grew to a 30-year high of 10.98 million barrels per day in 2017 from 10.96 million barrels per day in 2016.
      The country’s oil and condensate production decreased by 0.1% last year to 548.8 million tons.
      Russia's 2016 oil output hit a post-Soviet record high average several times, starting from March. But on the whole, Russia produced more oil in 2017 than a year before.
      In its deal with OPEC, Russia pledged to cut production by 300,000 barrels per day from the levels in October 2016.
      According to the Central Dispatching Department of Fuel and Energy Complex, Russia’s oil exports grew by 1% in 2017 from 2016, hitting 256.787 million tons.
      The country’s oil exports to the CIS countries decreased by 0.4% to 18 million tons in 2017. Meanwhile, domestic oil exports came in at 286.57 million tons, down 0.2% from the same period a year ago.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to MT5 Cartoons For This Useful Post:

Unregistered (1)

My charts talk to me!
      I am:
      ----

Thanks

Bank of Japan trims bond purchases
      Asian stock markets opened higher at the beginning of the week. On Tuesday, Japanese stocks rose to all-time highs with the yen rising against the dollar. The move higher came after the Bank of Japan reduced its government bonds purchases.
      The BOJ trimmed the amount it bought in Japanese government bonds with 10 to 25 years left until they mature by 10 billion yen ($88.39 million) each. That raised speculation that the central bank could start tapering its stimulus.
      Following the announcement, the US dollar fell to 112.62 against the yen from 113.09 yen on Monday. The Nikkei 225 index gained 0.6%, weakening after the yen’s jump. The Nikkei last reached such dizzying highs in November 1991.
      Meanwhile, Hong Kong Hang Seng rose by 0.3%, Chinese Shanghai Composite and Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 gained 0.1% each, and South Korea’s KOSPI declined by 0.4% following a 2.9% fall in Samsung Electronics Co. Taiwan's TAIEX retreated from its 28-year high amid a 0.6% decline in Taiwan Semiconductor, which has a large weight in the index.

Yours faithfully,

14. The Following User Says Thank You to MT5 Pictures For This Useful Post:

Unregistered (1)

My charts talk to me!
      I am:
      ----

Thanks

Cryptocurrencies fall amid South Korea clampdown concerns
      Prices of major cryptocurrencies plummeted on Monday. However, the crypto market capitalization pared some losses after that.
      Ripple, which showed incredible growth at the end of 2017, fell sharply by 30%. Analysts explained the decline by the fact that popular crypto website CoinMarketCap removed a group of Korean cryptocurrency exchanges from its price calculations. That resulted in a technical revaluation which looked like all coins had dropped in price.
      The sharp price decline was interpreted by trading robots as a signal for a sell-off in cryptocurrencies and resulted in a so-called flash crash in the market, which, however, soon started to rebound.
      At the moment, ether looks the most stable cryptocurrency. On Tuesday, it reached $1,200 and it continues to add in value.
      Despite all the hype leading up to the launch of the bitcoin futures market, this tool can be called a failure. Bitcoin soared to $20,000 on expectations of the launch, but then began to decline with a trading volume falling sharply.

Yours faithfully,

16. The Following User Says Thank You to MT5 Pictures For This Useful Post:

Unregistered (1)

My charts talk to me!
      I am:
      ----

Thanks

Deutsche Bank to post 2017 loss on US tax reform
      Deutsche Bank AG said it will take a charge of 1.5 billion euros in its fourth-quarter results, after accounting for the decreased value of its deferred tax assets in the US according to the recent US tax reform.
      The bank expects to record a small full-year after-tax loss on an international financial reporting standards (IFRS) basis. Earlier, Deutsche Bank AG Chief Executive Officer John Cryan said he was aiming to return to profit in 2017.
      The writedown will have a 10 basis-point impact on the bank’s regulatory capital situation. Its common equity tier 1 ratio stood at 13.8% at the end of the third quarter.
      Previously, other major US and European banks, including Barclays, Credit Suisse and Goldman Sachs have announced similar hits.
      Deutsche Bank will publish its preliminary results for the fourth quarter of the financial year 2017 on February 2.

Yours faithfully,

18. The Following User Says Thank You to MT5 Pictures For This Useful Post:

Unregistered (1)

19. Lamboghini
      My charts talk to me!
      I am:
      ----

Thanks

Germany includes yuan in its forex reserves
      Bundesbank, Germany's central bank, has decided to include the yuan in its foreign exchange reserves, a move seen to boost the international status of China’s currency.
      Andreas Dombret, a member of Deutsche Bundesbank’s executive board, said that the central bank had decided to include the yuan in its currency reserves in 2017 after the European Central Bank (ECB) made ˆ500 million worth of investments in yuan assets.
      "The renminbi is used increasingly as part of central banks' foreign-exchange reserves. For example, the European Central Bank included the RMB but also other European central banks did so," Dombret said.
      Dombret did not reveal how much the bank plans to buy, but later he told that it was "not a major amount".
      The yuan joined the International Monetary Fund’s Special Drawing Right (SDR) basket in 2016.

Reply to Thread
    Page 252 of 267 FirstFirst ... 247 250 251 252 253 254 257 ... LastLast