Results 2,561 to 2,570 of 2690

Thread: Financial caricatures by MT5 portal

My charts talk to me!
      I am:
      ----

MT5 Pictures will become famous soon enough MT5 Pictures's Avatar
      Thanks

Dollar falls against Russia’s ruble to lowest since July 2015
      On Tuesday, the dollar fell against the ruble to 55.5575, marking the lowest level since July 2015. This score was touched in January 2018.
      Half an hour after the start trading, the dollar pared losses and by 11:31 Moscow time consolidated at 55.7500, gaining 4.5 kopecks.
      The euro traded at the level of 68.7475 rubles by that time.
      According to analysts, the ruble is growing amid high oil prices, an upgrade in Russia’s credit rating, a weakening dollar and prior to income tax payment timing.
      Currently, such factors as the report of the new Federal Reserve chair Jerome Powell and the purchase of the currency by Russia’s finance ministry might count against the ruble.
      In the foreign exchange market, foreign investors are building up long ruble positions by selling foreign currencies and boosting ruble lending in the currency swap market.
      According to the Bank of Russia’s estimates, ruble net crediting by non-residents in the currency swap market grew by $3 billion to about $10 billion in January.

Yours faithfully,
      The Official Caricaturist
      of the international traders' portal MT5.com.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MT5 Pictures For This Useful Post:

deathstar (03-02-2018)

My charts talk to me!
      I am:
      ----

MT5 Cartoons will become famous soon enough MT5 Cartoons's Avatar
      Thanks

Trump to apply import taxes on steel and aluminum
      US President Donald Trump will meet with steel and aluminum companies to discuss import tariffs.
      Breweries, drinks producers, oil companies and carmakers will also take part in the meeting.
      Last week, Trump said that shipments of still to the United States will be subject to a 25% tax. Meanwhile, imported aluminum will be hit with a 10% tax for an indefinite period.
      Trump argues that the measure is needed to protect national security as imports costs below market prices hurts US manufacturers.
      Higher tariffs for steel and aluminum would mean restrictions on US exports and higher prices for domestic consumers. Despite the fact that the new measures may be limited so far, the political environment for world trade has already worsened. A number of countries said they would impose retaliatory tariffs on the US.

My charts talk to me!
      I am:
      ----

Thanks

Japan to try new approach to measure GDP
      On Tuesday, Japan’s government approved the plan to improve the accuracy of its initial estimate of gross domestic product by starting to collect more data from the private sector on capital expenditure.
      The new calculation method will be tested from fiscal 2019 with the puropose of making a final decision by fiscal 2022.
      According to the statement of the internal affairs ministry, the changes would become the key factor in determining whether the government’s efforts to revive the economy are effective or not.
      Earlier, preliminary and revised GDP estimates were very different there due to big fluctuations in capital expenditure, which made some economists question the accuracy of calculating this indicator.
      To solve this problem, the finance ministry will report on the timing of its quarterly survey on capital expenditure. The Cabinet Office will use part of the results of this survey to measure the capital expenditure component of preliminary GDP.
      Japan’s GDP has grown for eight quarters in a row, which is the longest continuous expansion since the 1980s. However, constant revisions to past data mean this growth spurt was not always clearly reflected in the data.

My charts talk to me!
      I am:
      ----

Thanks

China’s top economic planner: domestic consumption to drive growth
      He Lifeng, the Director of the National Development and Reform Commission (NDRC), said that China has remained the world's second largest economy in 2017.
      Last year, China's GDP reached 82.7 trillion yuan, which is the equivalent of over $12.2 trillion at the exchange rate as of January 31, 2017.
      Thus, the number is over $7 trillion less than the world's largest economy, the United States, but more than $7 trillion more than the world's third largest economy, Japan.
      “China remains the world's second largest economy. It has not been easy.” He Lifeng said.
      Per capita GDP has seen an increase of around $900. Lifeng noted that during early years of the reform the goal was to bring GDP to $800 per capita by 2000.
      Domestic consumption is expected to contribute about 60% to growth in 2018.

My charts talk to me!
      I am:
      ----

Thanks

Asia seen favoring US shale oil
      According to Bloomberg, the OPEC and non-OPEC oil output cut is under threat as US oil shale producers are boosting their share in the global oil market. The situation looks alarming for the cartel's position in Asia, experts believe.
      American light crude shipments to Asia will total about 1.3 million barrels a day in the next five years. In 2016, exports to Asia were almost absent. This will let Asian refineries fill up 40% of additional demand with US shale, said Sushant Gupta, a research director at Wood Mackenzie.
      “US tight oil provides an alternative source to help diversify Asia’s crude slate, and complements the declining domestic crude production in Asia,” Gupta said.
      According to Wood Mackenzie’s estimates, US crude exports will increase to 4 million barrels per day by the mid-2020s, exceeding shipments from Iraq and Canada.
      The United States will supply much of the world's growing demand for oil over the next five years, the International Energy Agency (IEA) forecasts. The country will account for 80% of global demand growth, according to the IEA’s latest report.
      The US shale oil output will account for over 50% of production growth, rising by 6.4 million barrels a day. The US crude oil production will grow by 2.7 million bpd to 12.1 million bpd by 2023. Increase in the production of shale oil, according to experts, can more than offset the reduction in supplies of conventional oil.
      Non-OPEC oil output will rise by 5.2 million bpd to 63.3 million bpd, the IEA predicts. In the future, the US influence on the global oil market will strengthen. The US oil exports will more than double to 4.9 million bpd by 2023, the IEA said.

Yours faithfully,

My charts talk to me!
      I am:
      ----

Thanks

Bank of Japan to stick to ultra-loose monetary policy
      The Bank of Japan’s governor reiterated that monetary stimulus will not be wound down until the inflation target is reached.
      Haruhiko Kuroda dismissed the chance that the regulator can start an exit from the ultra-loose monetary easing policy earlier than expected. According to Kuroda, the Bank of Japan has all the necessary tools for the gradual withdrawal from the program. The central bank’s policy board is considering all scenarios of how the winding-down can affect the BOJ’s balance sheet.
      The central bank will have to gradually withdraw from the quantitative easing program so that not to trigger a jump in long-term interest rates or turmoil in the financial markets, the BOJ governor said.
      “We have absolutely no plan of doing so now,” Kuroda said, when asked whether the BOJ would plan any moves to wind down monetary policy before inflation hits its target.
      Kuroda rattled markets last week by flagging for the first time the possibility of a stimulus exit if 2% inflation were met in fiscal 2019, a remark he later tempered.
      Currently, the level of inflation in Japan remains far from 2%. Many national companies do not raise prices and wages due to economic uncertainty. At the same time, the Bank of Japan's exchange rate is at odds with other central banks, which are moving toward normalizing monetary policy after years of stimulus.

Yours faithfully,

My charts talk to me!
      I am:
      ----

Thanks

UK consumer spending growth slows
      UK household spending growth declined in February as Britons expressed concern that Brexit will have a negative impact on their incomes, Bloomberg reported.
      Annual consumption growth slowed from January. According to analysts, spending in supermarkets declined, while overall retail sales rose and non-food sales fell in the three months to February.
      “Consumers are cautious about the potential ramifications of whatever settlement the UK achieves, and half of us fear that the outcome will leave us worse off than we are now,” said Paul Lockstone, managing director at Barclaycard. “As negotiations continue it is likely that this will continue to weigh on sentiment.”
      The situation around the withdrawal from the European Union triggered rising inflation amid the weakening pound. At the same time, many businesses are holding off hiring new staff and reluctant to invest.
      According to the Bank of England, there are some signs that Britons’ purchasing power will recover in case wages start rising faster than prices.

Yours faithfully,

9. The Following User Says Thank You to MT5 Pictures For This Useful Post:

deathstar (03-13-2018)

My charts talk to me!
      I am:
      ----

Thanks

South Korea considers lifting ICO ban
      South Korea’s ban on initial coin offerings (ICOs) could be eased, according to a report from the Korea Times. "The financial authorities have been talking to the country's tax agency, justice ministry, and other relevant government offices about a plan to allow ICOs in Korea when certain conditions are met," a source familiar with the matter told the newspaper.
      In case of lifting the ICO ban, the South Korean authorities will have to reconsider their previous decision taken in 2017. The country’s government banned raising money through initial coin offerings (ICOs) in September 2017, with cryptocurrencies recognized as an instrument that does not fall within the definition of money and financial products. At the same time, South Korea’s citizens were allowed to take part in foreign transactions with digital assets.
      Kang Young-soo, the regulator that oversees cryptocurrency trading policies at the Financial Service Commission (FSC), declined to comment on ICOs other than to say the FSC is considering a "third party view."
      Analysts do not rule out the opportunity that South Korea’s ICO ban can be lifted after the regulatory framework will be developed. To effectively regulate the sphere of digital currencies, the country’s authorities are seen to attract various financial structures and tax departments. This will help to better control cash flows in the crypto sphere, the South Korean government believes. At the same time, South Korea does not intend to limit the cryptocurrency market or the use of blockchain technology, but it expects to take these spheres under control.

My charts talk to me!
      I am:
      ----

Thanks

Germany’s industrial production declines unexpectedly
      Germany’s industrial production fell by 0.1% in January after a 0.5% decline in December, the country’s economy ministry said,
      The data confounded expectations for a 0.6% increase. On a yearly basis, German industrial output rose by 5.5%.
      During the reporting period, production in the manufacturing and mining industries expanded by 0.6%. In January, construction sank by 2.2%, while activity in the energy sector declined by 3.3%. German industrial orders saw a decrease of 3.9% in January amid a fall in demand for capital goods and essential goods. Year-on-year, industrial orders climbed by 8.2%.
      Figures from Destatis showed exports fell by 0.5% month-on-month in January, making the fastest pace of decline over the past seven months. Analysts had expected a 0.75% increase.
      Meanwhile, imports also declined by 0.5% to 89.7 billion euros. The seasonally adjusted trade balance was unchanged at 21.3 billion euros in January. Trade surplus increased to 17.4 billion euros from 18.1 billion euros in December.
      In 2017, Germany’s exports and imports increased to record levels, and the trade surplus fell to 257.1 billion euros compared with the surplus of 259.3 billion euros in 2016.

12. Dragon
      My charts talk to me!
      I am:
      ----

Thanks

EU and UK to lose £58 billion in 'no deal' Brexit scenario
      According to Reuters, the major EU and UK companies could see a £58 billion increase in annual costs if there is a no-deal Brexit. The UK financial sector set to be one of the hardest hit.
      Companies in the EU’s 27 countries excluding Britain will have to pay 31 billion pounds in tariffs if Britain quits the bloc without a deal, the report by Oliver Wyman management consultants and law firm Clifford Chance said. Meanwhile, UK exporters to the EU will have to pay 27 billion pounds a year.
      “These increased costs and uncertainty threaten to reduce profitability and pose existential threats to some businesses,” the report by Clifford Chance said.
      In case of the absence of an agreement, trade between the UK and the other 27 EU members would be subject to the World Trade Organization’s rules and tariffs.
      The UK government is ready to make the deal, but it says it considers any scenario, including the chance that Britain could leave the bloc with no deal. It has allocated 3 billion pounds for the corresponding needs, analysts note.
      If Britain retains the status of a customs union, both sides’ costs will be reduced by about 50%, experts say. However, Prime Minister Theresa May excludes this development, as this will prevent the country from making trade deals with fast-growing economies such as China and India.

Reply to Thread
    Page 257 of 269 FirstFirst ... 252 255 256 257 258 259 262 ... LastLast