• Sneaky
  • Stresses
  • Tired
  • Twisted
  • Worried
  • Yeehaw
  • Reply to Thread
    Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Section Rules (updated June 24, 2018)

Super Moderator
      I am:
      Fine

PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79's Avatar
      Thanks
      Thanked 35,608 Times in 8,297 Posts

Default Section Rules (updated June 24, 2018)

Here are the rules for this section:

1. No brokers discussion. The thread starter should not discuss other broker instead of InstaForex. So if you use Instaforex then you can mention it but if you use other brokers then you can not mention the name of those brokers.

2. No ref link from other broker. You can put ref link from InstaForex but you can not put ref link from other brokers. If you offer ****** via the ref link then you should follow the rule which state the ****** should not be more than 1.5 pips.

3. No inappropriate thread title. We will monitor this section and if we find such title we will temporarily ban the thread starter.

4. Frequent update. The trading journal must be updated regularly according to your trading style or time frame that you use to trade, chart analysis screenshot, trades result and etcetera.

5. Everyone who created a trading journal in this section of the forum must put the link to their trading journal thread on their signature. How to create a signature? Easy...

Go to "Settings" on the top right (beside the "Log Out" button)

go to "My Settings" tab on the left-hand tab

click "Edit Signature"

put the code below into the "Edit Signature" box:

HTML Code:
      [url="http://put the link of your thread here"]put any text you like in here[/url]
      example:

HTML Code:
      [url="http://forum.mt5.com/showthread.php?127318-Anything-Goes-2016-Voyager."]My simple trading strategy[/url]
      and then click "Save Signature"

Now please test whether the link really work and point to your trading journal thread.

Here is the direct link to youtube as well - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciL2_ffOqnE&t

6. Do not use chart from 3rd party such as TradingVi**. You can use instaforex.com/charts or you can use the one directly from your trading platform but broker name other than InstaForex is not allowed. Chart is an important part of trading journal so when posting chart please make sure that the place you upload your chart to has no expiry date for pictures. Many times a picture are deleted from the picture hosting sites because those site has expiry date so after the date arrive your picture will be deleted and this is not a good thing. It is better to choose a picture hosting site that has no expiry. You can choose from these selections:

Upload you picture directly to the forum or
      Upload it to:

https://postimg.org/ - BLACK LIST! if you post frequently you will be marked as spammer even if your pictures are only forex charts! Do not use this website guys!

http://tinypic.com/
      google photo (must use google account)
      dropbox (must use account to login)
      https://www.mql5.com
      https://imgur.com/
      https://www.flickr.com/
      (I'll add more later)

To upload your chart screenshot to https://www.mql5.com all you need to do is:
      1. right click on your chart on MT4 trading platform and click "Save As Picture" like below

2. select between the 3 options available.

Example of the options....here is option #1 (Active workspace)

here is option #2 (Active chart (as is), the chart will not be resized so if your monitor is big then the picture will also be big)

here is option #3 (Active chart resized, you can choose how big you want your chart to appear, in example below the size is 2624 x 659 pixels)

4. click "Post image online in MQL5 Charts service and get the link" option
      5. put any message or copyright or whatever you want inside the empty box below #4 (you can also skip this if you want to) like shown in picture #2 above
      6. click OK.
      7. when you are redirected to the page of your chart that you uploaded select the code from bbcode box like this

8. directly paste the code to your post.

This is all just to make sure that your chart will stay in visible in your trading journal thread for a long, long time.

7. A trading journal is a trader's personal journey in forex so please honor the thread starter/owner way of trading (trading style) and avoid using strong language and heated discussion at all cost. The goal of the section is to encourage many trader from different styles to show that there are ways to trade the market so we have to welcome diverse opinion.

8. No forex monitoring links beside the one from InstaForex. Please use the monitoring link that is provided by InstaForex or MT5 Forex Portal. Links to other forex monitoring sites such as my ** book dot com, ** junction dot com and many others are not allowed. Please change your signature. When you still have such link in your signature or forum thread they will be deleted.

9. No chit chat/spamming/bonus hunting. The poster will be given warning and the posts will be deleted. Discuss only what the thread owner post.

10. Must reply the thread owner's latest post by using "Reply With Quote" button. You can only reply to thread owner's latest post. Do not reply to the previous post of the thread owner. Only the latest post. Any post that do not follow this rule will be deleted.

11. Do not reply to other people's post if you don't reply to the thread owner's latest post. You can only reply other people's post in the same post where you also reply to the thread owner's post. Do not attempt a long discussion among the replies from other people's post. Use the "Multi With Quote" when replying to other people's post. So that post will have 2 quotes where the 1st quote will be the thread owner's post and the other quote will be the post from other people that you also want to reply.

Here is the procedure to do a multi-quote, just follow the steps in the picture below:

Name:  Image 002.png
Views: 310
Size:  113.3 KB

After you do the steps above you will see something like the picture below:

Name:  Image 003.png
Views: 306
Size:  53.5 KB

12. If 10 calendar days already passed without a post from the thread owner then you should not post in it. Any post submitted on the 11th day will be deleted.

13. A thread owner have the right to categorize your post as not relevant and your post will be deleted so keep your posts relevant to the thread owner's latest post.

These rules will be updated when necessary. If you have any question please ask in this thread or directly to any of the moderators.
      Last edited by PhantomTrader79; 06-24-2018 at 04:46 AM. Reason: adding tutorial on #6 & rules simplified

2. Lamboghini
      Super Moderator
      I am:
      Fine

PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79's Avatar
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by asadjan View Post
      rules and regulations are very important and essential for the all traders if we neglect the trading rules and cross the limits we can be ruined in the single jerk of the market . so we should all take care about rules before trading at this plat this shall be very useful for all of us.
      Mate, I'm not talking about trading rules. Please pay attention to the thread title when posting.

4. The following 8 users say Thank You to PhantomTrader79 for this useful post.

amiron56 (07-07-2018), azmassi (12-17-2015), dzin4aans (12-17-2015), FxBD (06-24-2018), Georges (12-17-2015), kashifrehman (03-15-2018), mowsumi (11-14-2017), Unregistered (1)

Super Moderator
      I am:
      Fine

Thanks

Hi all,

I have added a new rule on the 1st post so that we can spread this section whenever you post on this forum so other members can know that you have a trading journal. Please co-operate by following the rule. Thanks!

6. The following 8 users say Thank You to PhantomTrader79 for this useful post.

Aviz (03-16-2016), azmassi (03-16-2016), dzin4aans (03-16-2016), Georges (03-16-2016), mowsumi (11-14-2017), NikitaBelle (03-16-2016), nkhan2810 (03-16-2016), Unregistered (1)

Forum Guru
      I am:
      Cheerful

nkhan2810 has a reputation beyond repute nkhan2810 has a reputation beyond repute nkhan2810 has a reputation beyond repute nkhan2810 has a reputation beyond repute nkhan2810 has a reputation beyond repute nkhan2810 has a reputation beyond repute nkhan2810 has a reputation beyond repute nkhan2810 has a reputation beyond repute nkhan2810 has a reputation beyond repute nkhan2810 has a reputation beyond repute nkhan2810 has a reputation beyond repute nkhan2810's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      1297.51 USD (What is this?)
      caught pokemons
      3 (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 4,656 Times in 1,539 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PhAnToMtRaDeR79 View Post
      Hi all,

I have added a new rule on the 1st post so that we can spread this section whenever you post on this forum so other members can know that you have a trading journal. Please co-operate by following the rule. Thanks!
      I followed your rule. Now I have a signature which just indicate the tread of my trading journal. It is a very good rule you have added I must say. I hope it will make more impact on newbies as well as on my old friends.

8. The following 6 users say Thank You to nkhan2810 for this useful post.

amiron56 (07-07-2018), azmassi (03-16-2016), dzin4aans (03-16-2016), kashifrehman (06-24-2018), mowsumi (11-14-2017), PhantomTrader79 (11-02-2016)

My charts talk to me!
      I am:
      Cold

Price Action Trader is a splendid one to behold Price Action Trader is a splendid one to behold Price Action Trader is a splendid one to behold Price Action Trader is a splendid one to behold Price Action Trader is a splendid one to behold Price Action Trader is a splendid one to behold Price Action Trader's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      146.96 USD (What is this?)
      caught pokemons
      7 (What is this?)
      Thanks

By any chance is this section post will be the best forum thread? And able to earn prize money?

Can I edit main thread as you mention it can be updated? or just post reply is available for the update?

4. Frequent update. The trading journal must be updated regularly according to your trading style or time frame that you use to trade.

10. The following 4 users say Thank You to Price Action Trader for this useful post.

dzin4aans (09-17-2016), mowsumi (11-14-2017), NikitaBelle (09-19-2016), PhantomTrader79 (11-02-2016)

I am:
      Crappy

dzin4aans has a reputation beyond repute dzin4aans has a reputation beyond repute dzin4aans has a reputation beyond repute dzin4aans has a reputation beyond repute dzin4aans has a reputation beyond repute dzin4aans has a reputation beyond repute dzin4aans has a reputation beyond repute dzin4aans has a reputation beyond repute dzin4aans has a reputation beyond repute dzin4aans has a reputation beyond repute dzin4aans has a reputation beyond repute dzin4aans's Avatar
      Thanks
      Thanked 20,417 Times in 5,040 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Price Action Trader View Post
      By any chance is this section post will be the best forum thread? And able to earn prize money?

Can I edit main thread as you mention it can be updated? or just post reply is available for the update?
      Hi Price Action Trader,
      Yes trading journal can win a best topic started award and we had a winner with trading journal in past already
      As for your second question, you can update your journal as you like, you can edit your previous post ( its available for not too long time actually) or you can just add new post to your journal. Its up to you

12. The following 6 users say Thank You to dzin4aans for this useful post.

amiron56 (07-07-2018), mowsumi (11-14-2017), NikitaBelle (09-19-2016), PhantomTrader79 (11-02-2016), Price Action Trader (09-18-2016), zahid4x (09-17-2016)

My charts talk to me!
      I am:
      Cold

Price Action Trader is a splendid one to behold Price Action Trader is a splendid one to behold Price Action Trader is a splendid one to behold Price Action Trader is a splendid one to behold Price Action Trader is a splendid one to behold Price Action Trader is a splendid one to behold Price Action Trader's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      146.96 USD (What is this?)
      caught pokemons
      7 (What is this?)
      Thanks

As for your second question, you can update your journal as you like, you can edit your previous post ( its available for not too long time actually) or you can just add new post to your journal. Its up to you
      Thank's for your valuable reply. I request mt5 authority to allow us to edit Trading Journal section thread. If it is not possible, then try to make it frequent updates like once in a week or month. This is very hard to post every time in reply and may be important modification will be skipped if the journal is too large.

14. The following 4 users say Thank You to Price Action Trader for this useful post.

dzin4aans (09-18-2016), mowsumi (11-14-2017), NikitaBelle (09-19-2016), PhantomTrader79 (11-02-2016)

I am:
      Crappy

dzin4aans has a reputation beyond repute dzin4aans has a reputation beyond repute dzin4aans has a reputation beyond repute dzin4aans has a reputation beyond repute dzin4aans has a reputation beyond repute dzin4aans has a reputation beyond repute dzin4aans has a reputation beyond repute dzin4aans has a reputation beyond repute dzin4aans has a reputation beyond repute dzin4aans has a reputation beyond repute dzin4aans has a reputation beyond repute dzin4aans's Avatar
      Thanks
      Thanked 20,417 Times in 5,040 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Price Action Trader View Post
      Thank's for your valuable reply. I request mt5 authority to allow us to edit Trading Journal section thread. If it is not possible, then try to make it frequent updates like once in a week or month. This is very hard to post every time in reply and may be important modification will be skipped if the journal is too large.
      I think it will be perfectly fine We already have many good trading journals with excellent examples how to update it with a new reply, since you can quote your own post too, its no big issue Once in a month update might be a bit too rare as we wont really understand your strategy that well but once in a week is a valid solution indeed. Of course its all up to every trader and his trading style, each and every journal is unique and why not be so with yours?

16. The following 5 users say Thank You to dzin4aans for this useful post.

mowsumi (11-14-2017), NikitaBelle (09-19-2016), PhantomTrader79 (11-02-2016), Price Action Trader (09-19-2016), zarra (10-28-2016)

It's time to retire!
      I am:
      Cheerful

Moneymadeeasy has a reputation beyond repute Moneymadeeasy has a reputation beyond repute Moneymadeeasy has a reputation beyond repute Moneymadeeasy has a reputation beyond repute Moneymadeeasy has a reputation beyond repute Moneymadeeasy has a reputation beyond repute Moneymadeeasy has a reputation beyond repute Moneymadeeasy has a reputation beyond repute Moneymadeeasy has a reputation beyond repute Moneymadeeasy has a reputation beyond repute Moneymadeeasy has a reputation beyond repute Moneymadeeasy's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      3605.13 USD (What is this?)
      caught pokemons
      31 (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,271 Times in 858 Posts

Please, I have read the rules of the trading journals and I want to ask can someone or I keep on updating or posting in my trading journals session without allowing others to first respond to my post before I post another one? I hope I did not offend anyone with this question.
      Today's mistakes are stepping stones full of knowledge that can help us overcome the stumbling blocks of tomorrow's challenges.

My Trading Journal

18. The following 3 users say Thank You to Moneymadeeasy for this useful post.

dzin4aans (11-01-2016), mowsumi (11-14-2017), PhantomTrader79 (11-02-2016)

It's time to retire!
      I am:
      Cheerful

NikitaBelle has a reputation beyond repute NikitaBelle has a reputation beyond repute NikitaBelle has a reputation beyond repute NikitaBelle has a reputation beyond repute NikitaBelle has a reputation beyond repute NikitaBelle has a reputation beyond repute NikitaBelle has a reputation beyond repute NikitaBelle has a reputation beyond repute NikitaBelle has a reputation beyond repute NikitaBelle has a reputation beyond repute NikitaBelle has a reputation beyond repute NikitaBelle's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      10905.17 USD (What is this?)
      caught pokemons
      34 (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 26,980 Times in 7,447 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Moneymadeeasy View Post
      Please, I have read the rules of the trading journals and I want to ask can someone or I keep on updating or posting in my trading journals session without allowing others to first respond to my post before I post another one? I hope I did not offend anyone with this question.
      You can update your journal anytime but you can't prevent others from making a reply or comment regarding on the materials you updated in your journal. But you do have a choice to ignore and not reply on others members comment but doing so will be awkward, I mean come on that is why we are here in this forum to interact with each other. The best thing you can do is upload your trades, chart or analysis in one setting, after that the readers will surely comment on your post, that can be expected, that is how this forum works.

20. The following 4 users say Thank You to NikitaBelle for this useful post.

dzin4aans (11-01-2016), mowsumi (11-14-2017), PhantomTrader79 (11-02-2016), zarra (11-01-2016)

Reply to Thread
    Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 6 ... LastLast