• Sneaky
  • Stresses
  • Tired
  • Twisted
  • Worried
  • Yeehaw
  • Reply to Thread
    Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Duplicate Post Due To Internet Connection Or Other Causes? READ THIS!

Super Moderator
      I am:
      Fine

PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79's Avatar
      Thanks
      Thanked 35,869 Times in 8,403 Posts

Default Duplicate Post Due To Internet Connection Or Other Causes? READ THIS!

Things like duplicate post can happen especially if your internet connection suddenly stopped or become unstable and when you want to submit your post the forum goes blank or you get error message such as 502 or 504 or Network problem. When this thing happen DO NOT RELOAD the page immediately. Instead, copy the thread's web address and then go to that thread to see whether your post has been submitted or not.

Why do this?

Because when you try to submit a post and then your internet got disconnected/become unstable/get 502/504/Network problem there is a chance that your post already reach the server but the page fail to open. For example:

You tried to submit your post by clicking at 10:40:20 AM
      your post reached the server at 10:40:22 AM
      internet got disconnected at 10:40:23 AM
      page fail to load at 10:40:24 AM
      reload at 10:41:30 AM
      duplicate post reach the server at 10:41:31 AM
      BAN from moderator reach your profile at 12:45 AM LOLS

So the solution for this kind of problem are:

1. don't reload the page but rather just open a new tab and then go to the thread where you want to submit your post and check first. If your post is already posted on the thread then you can avoid violating the forum rules (regarding duplicate post).

2. Or you can just press the "Back" button on your browser and then reload the page and if you see that your post is visible then you can avoid submitting a duplicate post.

However, if you mistakenly do this mistake then you can do one of these things:

1. delete the post by yourself. This is the easiest thing to do but you can only modify or delete the post up until 1 hour after you submit the post (you can check the time of your post just above your avatar on your post box). After 1 hour you will not be able to modify/delete it anymore.

2. if 1 hour have passed you must contact a moderator and ask him/her to delete the post for you.

3. if you got a ban before you or a moderator can delete the post then please go to the moderator who gave you a ban and tell him/her about the mistake and he will consider your case and if he judge that you are right then the ban/warning will be withdrawn. If you do not know who banned you then you can still contact any moderator and we will check your case for you.

I hope you can avoid this kind of mistake in the future.
      Last edited by PhantomTrader79; 02-23-2016 at 03:12 AM. Reason: Adding information. Modifying the wording to make it easier to read.

2. lamborghini
      FX Zombie
      I am:
      Shocked

Smuggler has a brilliant future Smuggler has a brilliant future Smuggler has a brilliant future Smuggler has a brilliant future Smuggler has a brilliant future Smuggler has a brilliant future Smuggler has a brilliant future Smuggler has a brilliant future Smuggler has a brilliant future Smuggler has a brilliant future Smuggler has a brilliant future Smuggler's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      235.15 USD (What is this?)
      caught pokemons
      38 (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,540 Times in 634 Posts

Thanks you Super Moderator for this helpful idea to all the Forum members.

With best regards.

4. The following 3 users say Thank You to Smuggler for this useful post.

azmassi (02-19-2016), dzin4aans (02-18-2016), PhantomTrader79 (02-19-2016)

Super Moderator
      I am:
      Fine

PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79's Avatar
      Thanks

If something like this ever happen again to any member in the future the moderator will render the appropriate action to him/her and no excuse will be accepted. We tried our best to help members to avoid making mistake by making this kind of thread and by guiding via PM/VM and it's the responsible of the members to be pro-active about it.

Let's make this forum better!

6. The following 7 users say Thank You to PhantomTrader79 for this useful post.

Aviz (02-20-2016), azmassi (02-19-2016), dzin4aans (02-19-2016), Georges (02-21-2016), mlodylolo (02-19-2016), nkhan2810 (02-19-2016), sabari09 (02-23-2016)

It's time to retire!
      I am:
      Amazed

sabari09 has a spectacular aura about sabari09 has a spectacular aura about sabari09's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      2445.67 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Thanks for clear solution, Just seeing this thread. It was helpful to avoid such mistake in future.

8. The following 2 users say Thank You to sabari09 for this useful post.

dzin4aans (02-20-2016), Georges (02-21-2016)

Forum VIP
      I am:
      Mellow

Georges has a reputation beyond repute Georges has a reputation beyond repute Georges has a reputation beyond repute Georges has a reputation beyond repute Georges has a reputation beyond repute Georges has a reputation beyond repute Georges has a reputation beyond repute Georges has a reputation beyond repute Georges has a reputation beyond repute Georges has a reputation beyond repute Georges has a reputation beyond repute Georges's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      1711.59 USD (What is this?)
      caught pokemons
      4 (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 19,568 Times in 4,240 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sabari09 View Post
      Thanks for clear solution, Just seeing this thread. It was helpful to avoid such mistake in future.
      We are glad you are assisted by this thread. It is something that is common to all of us, I normally just refresh the page before clicking on "Post Quick reply" again so that if the post is displaying then i do not have to re post.
      If you can kneel before God then you can stand before any man!

10. The following 2 users say Thank You to Georges for this useful post.

dzin4aans (02-21-2016), sabari09 (02-23-2016)

It's time to retire!
      I am:
      Chatty

kammraz has a brilliant future kammraz has a brilliant future kammraz has a brilliant future kammraz has a brilliant future kammraz has a brilliant future kammraz has a brilliant future kammraz has a brilliant future kammraz has a brilliant future kammraz has a brilliant future kammraz has a brilliant future kammraz has a brilliant future kammraz's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      3227.82 USD (What is this?)
      caught pokemons
      2 (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,626 Times in 663 Posts

Thank you mod. I always face this kind of issue and I was shocked I got warning due to this. Now I'm being extra careful and if I face any 502 or 504 error I just leave the forum for at least 1 hour and then come again. Usually the problem is fixed by then.

12. The following 2 users say Thank You to kammraz for this useful post.

Georges (02-22-2016), PhantomTrader79 (02-21-2016)

FX Super Hero
      I am:
      Amused

princewahaj will become famous soon enough princewahaj's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      256.46 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

It happened to me yesterday, I was facing loading issue not due to the internet connection, but from the side of server of MT5. I got worried last night when my post accidentally posted two times (merged with previous but balance increased), then I immediately edited my post and wrote there that it was not intentionally, it was due to 502 server error.

Mods are matured enough here so I am less worried now about it because it is already deducted from my balance

14. The following 2 users say Thank You to princewahaj for this useful post.

Aviz (02-22-2016), PhantomTrader79 (02-21-2016)

Super Moderator
      I am:
      Fine

Thanks

I modified the 1st post to make it easier for members to read and get the solutions. Hopefully there will be no more member fall in this kind of mistake anymore.

16. The following 4 users say Thank You to PhantomTrader79 for this useful post.

Aviz (02-22-2016), dzin4aans (02-21-2016), Georges (02-22-2016), goodguy333 (02-22-2016)

I am:
      Fine

Aviz has a reputation beyond repute Aviz has a reputation beyond repute Aviz has a reputation beyond repute Aviz has a reputation beyond repute Aviz has a reputation beyond repute Aviz has a reputation beyond repute Aviz has a reputation beyond repute Aviz has a reputation beyond repute Aviz has a reputation beyond repute Aviz has a reputation beyond repute Aviz has a reputation beyond repute Aviz's Avatar
      Thanks
      Thanked 34,273 Times in 6,932 Posts

All senior members of this forum know if there post get repeated they do delete it by their self so i think its our duty just to give at least an infraction if any one repeat the post .

just to make our forum clean and healthy .

18. The following 3 users say Thank You to Aviz for this useful post.

dzin4aans (02-22-2016), goodguy333 (02-22-2016), PhantomTrader79 (02-23-2016)

It's time to retire!
      I am:
      Happy

goodguy333 has a reputation beyond repute goodguy333 has a reputation beyond repute goodguy333 has a reputation beyond repute goodguy333 has a reputation beyond repute goodguy333 has a reputation beyond repute goodguy333 has a reputation beyond repute goodguy333 has a reputation beyond repute goodguy333 has a reputation beyond repute goodguy333 has a reputation beyond repute goodguy333 has a reputation beyond repute goodguy333 has a reputation beyond repute goodguy333's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      5102.51 USD (What is this?)
      caught pokemons
      400 (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 6,061 Times in 2,415 Posts

I am unable to see my Profile page!

It is just empty

Gotta wait it comes back online

Rest of the things ok but there are occasional 502 and 504 errors too for the past few days!

Regards
      The Real Money is in 100% Compounding

20. The following 2 users say Thank You to goodguy333 for this useful post.

Georges (02-23-2016), PhantomTrader79 (02-23-2016)

Reply to Thread
    Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast