• Sneaky
  • Stresses
  • Tired
  • Twisted
  • Worried
  • Yeehaw
  • Reply to Thread
    Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Duplicate Post Due To Internet Connection Or Other Causes? READ THIS!

Super Moderator
      I am:
      Fine

PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79's Avatar
      Thanks
      Thanked 35,893 Times in 8,409 Posts

Default Duplicate Post Due To Internet Connection Or Other Causes? READ THIS!

Things like duplicate post can happen especially if your internet connection suddenly stopped or become unstable and when you want to submit your post the forum goes blank or you get error message such as 502 or 504 or Network problem. When this thing happen DO NOT RELOAD the page immediately. Instead, copy the thread's web address and then go to that thread to see whether your post has been submitted or not.

Why do this?

Because when you try to submit a post and then your internet got disconnected/become unstable/get 502/504/Network problem there is a chance that your post already reach the server but the page fail to open. For example:

You tried to submit your post by clicking at 10:40:20 AM
      your post reached the server at 10:40:22 AM
      internet got disconnected at 10:40:23 AM
      page fail to load at 10:40:24 AM
      reload at 10:41:30 AM
      duplicate post reach the server at 10:41:31 AM
      BAN from moderator reach your profile at 12:45 AM LOLS

So the solution for this kind of problem are:

1. don't reload the page but rather just open a new tab and then go to the thread where you want to submit your post and check first. If your post is already posted on the thread then you can avoid violating the forum rules (regarding duplicate post).

2. Or you can just press the "Back" button on your browser and then reload the page and if you see that your post is visible then you can avoid submitting a duplicate post.

However, if you mistakenly do this mistake then you can do one of these things:

1. delete the post by yourself. This is the easiest thing to do but you can only modify or delete the post up until 1 hour after you submit the post (you can check the time of your post just above your avatar on your post box). After 1 hour you will not be able to modify/delete it anymore.

2. if 1 hour have passed you must contact a moderator and ask him/her to delete the post for you.

3. if you got a ban before you or a moderator can delete the post then please go to the moderator who gave you a ban and tell him/her about the mistake and he will consider your case and if he judge that you are right then the ban/warning will be withdrawn. If you do not know who banned you then you can still contact any moderator and we will check your case for you.

I hope you can avoid this kind of mistake in the future.
      Last edited by PhantomTrader79; 02-23-2016 at 03:12 AM. Reason: Adding information. Modifying the wording to make it easier to read.

Banned
      I am:
      ----

mustard seed is on a distinguished road mustard seed's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      550.20 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

hello moderator, i just went through my post now to see what i have done wrong, but i want to tell you it was not deliberate and i am thankful for the warning and the instruction you sent has been read very well, i will try to be more careful next time, you have been so mature in treating cases here and that is very kind of you, thanks and have a nice day.

3. The following 6 users say Thank You to mustard seed for this useful post.

azmassi (01-04-2018), bidyut (01-13-2018), dzin4aans (09-11-2016), Georges (09-11-2016), MT5 bozZdeviL (09-11-2016), PhantomTrader79 (09-11-2016)

It's time to retire!
      I am:
      Cheerful

adewale has a reputation beyond repute adewale has a reputation beyond repute adewale has a reputation beyond repute adewale has a reputation beyond repute adewale has a reputation beyond repute adewale has a reputation beyond repute adewale has a reputation beyond repute adewale has a reputation beyond repute adewale has a reputation beyond repute adewale has a reputation beyond repute adewale has a reputation beyond repute adewale's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      4438.85 USD (What is this?)
      caught pokemons
      6 (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 8,842 Times in 3,081 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Georges View Post
      We are happy to hear that. What is really important is that you got to learn from it. The warning remaining on your profile has insignificant impact on how your future activity will be judged so no need to worry about that. Just stick to the forum rules and all will be well with you. We wish you a pleasant stay at the forum and may your dreams be fulfilled. God bless you too.
      Nice, I always appreciate the friendly nature of the mods we have in this forum, the maturity that every one of you exhibit is impressive, please all of you should keep up the good work, and lastly, I love the first part of your signature! Indeed if we can kneel before God, we can stand before any man! Cheers.

5. The following 2 users say Thank You to adewale for this useful post.

azmassi (09-11-2016), dzin4aans (09-11-2016)

I am:
      Crappy

dzin4aans has a reputation beyond repute dzin4aans has a reputation beyond repute dzin4aans has a reputation beyond repute dzin4aans has a reputation beyond repute dzin4aans has a reputation beyond repute dzin4aans has a reputation beyond repute dzin4aans has a reputation beyond repute dzin4aans has a reputation beyond repute dzin4aans has a reputation beyond repute dzin4aans has a reputation beyond repute dzin4aans has a reputation beyond repute dzin4aans's Avatar
      Thanks
      Thanked 20,624 Times in 5,119 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mustard seed View Post
      hello moderator, i just went through my post now to see what i have done wrong, but i want to tell you it was not deliberate and i am thankful for the warning and the instruction you sent has been read very well, i will try to be more careful next time, you have been so mature in treating cases here and that is very kind of you, thanks and have a nice day.
      I fully understand mustard seed your case and I respect that you admit your fault, that is why you were just warned for that. What is more important you do understand what exactly happened and hats off for that for you
      Some of the questions you wrote on your VM that I will answer here so others can see them too:

"you've repeated your own post in two different threads", does this mean that i have posted the same post clicking it twice or that i have answer the same questions in two threads?
      This means that you've basically taken your post and posted it in two separate threads. I know this can happen sometimes because you got an gateway issue so like Ive said, its important to look deep to understand what exactly went for you wrong and in your case, it was a pure mistake.

2, i normally answer forum questions from general Forex conversation,can i also answer questions from others like the trading universities,live trading discussion,Forex signals and trading strategies, or should i stay put with the general Forex conversation?
      You can take part in any section you like as long as your posts are meaningful, they really help in discussion and are useful for our community Plus they do have to be in line with all the rules of bonus for posting regulations here - http://forum.mt5.com/showthread.php?...ng-regulations

let me know if you need any other help

Quote Originally Posted by adewale View Post
      Nice, I always appreciate the friendly nature of the mods we have in this forum, the maturity that every one of you exhibit is impressive, please all of you should keep up the good work, and lastly, I love the first part of your signature! Indeed if we can kneel before God, we can stand before any man! Cheers.
      Our team is doing our best to treat our all members equally and we try to understand every case separately because we do not want to take a rush decision to ban someone for just some minor rule break, thats not our politics so I am really glad that people respect us moderators for that and do not think of us as someone who can harm you but instead, we work together to improve on everything That is so warm to see from our members and we try to give our all to all of you too

7. The following 7 users say Thank You to dzin4aans for this useful post.

adewale (09-12-2016), azmassi (09-11-2016), bidyut (01-13-2018), dedy hari kurniawan (09-11-2016), loveyo (09-11-2016), NikitaBelle (09-12-2016), noorahmed (09-14-2016)

FX Zombie
      I am:
      Buzzed

snaxbest is just really nice snaxbest is just really nice snaxbest is just really nice snaxbest is just really nice snaxbest is just really nice snaxbest's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      446.56 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Thanks Sir for providing us such a nice info... Regards!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to snaxbest For This Useful Post:

bidyut (01-13-2018)

My charts talk to me!
      I am:
      ----

Mats is a splendid one to behold Mats is a splendid one to behold Mats is a splendid one to behold Mats is a splendid one to behold Mats is a splendid one to behold Mats is a splendid one to behold Mats is a splendid one to behold Mats is a splendid one to behold Mats's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      302.64 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,082 Times in 542 Posts

Oh thanks this information is very useful for me if my post get duplicated due to connection or some error I just inform the moderator so I be safe from becoming a spammer

I love this forum and really appreciate the work of moderators and the help they are providing.
      Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving.

11. The following 5 users say Thank You to Mats for this useful post.

bidyut (01-13-2018), Borneo Scalper (01-11-2018), dzin4aans (01-04-2018), moneygrows (01-05-2018), PhantomTrader79 (01-12-2018)

MT5 Veteran
      I am:
      Cool

Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      3067.40 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 7,878 Times in 2,671 Posts

this happens to me .. daily.

the solution is to copy the text i want to post. hit back, hit refresh or F5 and see how it looks. if my post is not there then i try to post again, since i have my text copied this is no problem. it is a bit cumbersome at times though.

The Symbiosis mashed up Trading Journal
      <--

Winner of Best answers contest!

13. The following 6 users say Thank You to Alexander Tatsumaki for this useful post.

Aviz (01-11-2018), azmassi (01-13-2018), bidyut (01-13-2018), Borneo Scalper (01-11-2018), dzin4aans (01-11-2018), PhantomTrader79 (01-12-2018)

My charts talk to me!
      I am:
      ----

Borneo Scalper has a brilliant future Borneo Scalper has a brilliant future Borneo Scalper has a brilliant future Borneo Scalper has a brilliant future Borneo Scalper has a brilliant future Borneo Scalper has a brilliant future Borneo Scalper has a brilliant future Borneo Scalper has a brilliant future Borneo Scalper has a brilliant future Borneo Scalper has a brilliant future Borneo Scalper has a brilliant future Borneo Scalper's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      527.56 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,582 Times in 579 Posts

I get this kind of error from time to time. Sometimes when i press post the page seems to take some time to load. Once it done loading suddenly i will have 2 back to back posts. Hopefully this issue can be resolve soon

15. The following 4 users say Thank You to Borneo Scalper for this useful post.

azmassi (01-13-2018), bidyut (01-13-2018), dzin4aans (01-11-2018), PhantomTrader79 (01-12-2018)

I am:
      Crappy

dzin4aans has a reputation beyond repute dzin4aans has a reputation beyond repute dzin4aans has a reputation beyond repute dzin4aans has a reputation beyond repute dzin4aans has a reputation beyond repute dzin4aans has a reputation beyond repute dzin4aans has a reputation beyond repute dzin4aans has a reputation beyond repute dzin4aans has a reputation beyond repute dzin4aans has a reputation beyond repute dzin4aans has a reputation beyond repute dzin4aans's Avatar
      Thanks
      Thanked 20,624 Times in 5,119 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander Tatsumaki View Post
      this happens to me .. daily.

the solution is to copy the text i want to post. hit back, hit refresh or F5 and see how it looks. if my post is not there then i try to post again, since i have my text copied this is no problem. it is a bit cumbersome at times though.
      Quote Originally Posted by Borneo Scalper View Post
      I get this kind of error from time to time. Sometimes when i press post the page seems to take some time to load. Once it done loading suddenly i will have 2 back to back posts. Hopefully this issue can be resolve soon
      Unfortunately yes this issue happens from time to time and I get some gateway errors too. But please dont hesitate to contact us moderators if you feel you have made a double post, we will check it out and delete the second post

17. The following 4 users say Thank You to dzin4aans for this useful post.

Alexander Tatsumaki (01-11-2018), azmassi (01-13-2018), bidyut (01-13-2018), PhantomTrader79 (01-12-2018)

18. Demo contests
      MT5 Veteran
      I am:
      Inspired

bidyut has a reputation beyond repute bidyut has a reputation beyond repute bidyut has a reputation beyond repute bidyut has a reputation beyond repute bidyut has a reputation beyond repute bidyut has a reputation beyond repute bidyut has a reputation beyond repute bidyut has a reputation beyond repute bidyut has a reputation beyond repute bidyut has a reputation beyond repute bidyut has a reputation beyond repute bidyut's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      1505.61 USD (What is this?)
      caught pokemons
      412 (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 6,924 Times in 1,821 Posts

Our Super moderator has nicely explained about how to avoid duplicate post. Only sometimes I get such error, it happens when our internet connection become slow. We're thankful to our moderators team that they are working towards the betterment of mt5 forum. It is also our responsibility to take care of the forum community. As mentioned by our super moderator, we can delete our own post within one hour time. So it is better to delete the duplicate post by our own and help our moderators to save their valuable time. However we can contact directly to our respected moderators as our moderators are always ready to help us. There is another option in every post, we can report our own duplicate post. Or even we can report other members duplicate post. There is a triangle button on the left side of every post. We can click on this button to report spam post or it is also useful for reporting any duplicate post. This is a wonderful tool, when we use report button every moderator will get a report message with the post link. So we've a lot of options to choose from.

Thanks to our Super moderator for creating a valuable thread for us. We're also thankful to our whole moderators team and admin for everything they are doing for us.

20. The following 4 users say Thank You to bidyut for this useful post.

azmassi (01-13-2018), dzin4aans (01-13-2018), moneygrows (01-18-2018), NikitaBelle (01-13-2018)

Reply to Thread
    Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4