• Sneaky
  • Stresses
  • Tired
  • Twisted
  • Worried
  • Yeehaw
  • Reply to Thread
    Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Duplicate Post Due To Internet Connection Or Other Causes? READ THIS!

Super Moderator
      I am:
      Fine

PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79's Avatar
      Thanks
      Thanked 35,392 Times in 8,224 Posts

Default Duplicate Post Due To Internet Connection Or Other Causes? READ THIS!

Things like duplicate post can happen especially if your internet connection suddenly stopped or become unstable and when you want to submit your post the forum goes blank or you get error message such as 502 or 504 or Network problem. When this thing happen DO NOT RELOAD the page immediately. Instead, copy the thread's web address and then go to that thread to see whether your post has been submitted or not.

Why do this?

Because when you try to submit a post and then your internet got disconnected/become unstable/get 502/504/Network problem there is a chance that your post already reach the server but the page fail to open. For example:

You tried to submit your post by clicking at 10:40:20 AM
      your post reached the server at 10:40:22 AM
      internet got disconnected at 10:40:23 AM
      page fail to load at 10:40:24 AM
      reload at 10:41:30 AM
      duplicate post reach the server at 10:41:31 AM
      BAN from moderator reach your profile at 12:45 AM LOLS

So the solution for this kind of problem are:

1. don't reload the page but rather just open a new tab and then go to the thread where you want to submit your post and check first. If your post is already posted on the thread then you can avoid violating the forum rules (regarding duplicate post).

2. Or you can just press the "Back" button on your browser and then reload the page and if you see that your post is visible then you can avoid submitting a duplicate post.

However, if you mistakenly do this mistake then you can do one of these things:

1. delete the post by yourself. This is the easiest thing to do but you can only modify or delete the post up until 1 hour after you submit the post (you can check the time of your post just above your avatar on your post box). After 1 hour you will not be able to modify/delete it anymore.

2. if 1 hour have passed you must contact a moderator and ask him/her to delete the post for you.

3. if you got a ban before you or a moderator can delete the post then please go to the moderator who gave you a ban and tell him/her about the mistake and he will consider your case and if he judge that you are right then the ban/warning will be withdrawn. If you do not know who banned you then you can still contact any moderator and we will check your case for you.

I hope you can avoid this kind of mistake in the future.
      Last edited by PhantomTrader79; 02-23-2016 at 03:12 AM. Reason: Adding information. Modifying the wording to make it easier to read.

MT5 Veteran
      I am:
      Cold

gogetassj4 will become famous soon enough gogetassj4 will become famous soon enough gogetassj4's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      873.57 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Lightbulb

I face this kind of problem during the last 8 or 10 of each month, i think because of the heavy load on the system, you know the month is ending and people didn't achieved what they planned for
      as a solution i copy the reply i typed and click the submit button, if anything went wrong i don't reload the page but i close the tab, open i new one and research the page i was at exactly like PhAnToMtRaDeR79 said in the first tip, most of time i find the reply there but if it's not the case i paste what i already typed and it's done
      *****My actions speak louder than my words*****

3. The following 2 users say Thank You to gogetassj4 for this useful post.

dzin4aans (06-26-2016), PhantomTrader79 (07-30-2016)

4. <a href="http://forum.mt5.com">‘ÓūŚÍŮ ÔÓūÚŗŽ</a>
      It's time to retire!
      I am:
      Happy

Honest is a name known to all Honest is a name known to all Honest is a name known to all Honest is a name known to all Honest is a name known to all Honest is a name known to all Honest's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      4259.34 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Really shocked to have been warned due to this issue. I used to be extra careful truly but I will not relent.

6. The following 2 users say Thank You to Honest for this useful post.

Aviz (08-05-2016), PhantomTrader79 (07-30-2016)

Super Moderator
      I am:
      Fine

PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79's Avatar
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Honest View Post
      Really shocked to have been warned due to this issue. I used to be extra careful truly but I will not relent.
      I know... it sucks when it happen lols

8. The following 2 users say Thank You to PhantomTrader79 for this useful post.

Aviz (08-05-2016), dzin4aans (07-31-2016)

It's time to retire!
      I am:
      Cheerful

adewale has a reputation beyond repute adewale has a reputation beyond repute adewale has a reputation beyond repute adewale has a reputation beyond repute adewale has a reputation beyond repute adewale has a reputation beyond repute adewale has a reputation beyond repute adewale has a reputation beyond repute adewale has a reputation beyond repute adewale has a reputation beyond repute adewale has a reputation beyond repute adewale's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      4438.85 USD (What is this?)
      caught pokemons
      6 (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 7,801 Times in 2,736 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Georges View Post
      If you follow the instructions given by our super moderator then it will be so hard for your account to be banned. Once you click the "submit reply" button, your post is uploaded very fast and most of the time you will find that even on an unstable internet connection, the post already was posted so refresh the page to see if the post was posted instead of clicking submit button again. More so you still have the one hour to delete your post if the post still got uploaded in duplicate.
      One thing I also noticed is that when duplicate post has been made, one cannot find the post anymore because you are automatically redirected to the general forum, am thinking that after a duplicate post is made in error, the poster should see the post in same thread so that he can delete the duplicate immediately instead of being redirected. I think that will help.

---------- Post added 08-01-2016 at 09:29 AM ---------- Previous post was 07-31-2016 at 04:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by gogetassj4 View Post
      I face this kind of problem during the last 8 or 10 of each month, i think because of the heavy load on the system, you know the month is ending and people didn't achieved what they planned for
      as a solution i copy the reply i typed and click the submit button, if anything went wrong i don't reload the page but i close the tab, open i new one and research the page i was at exactly like PhAnToMtRaDeR79 said in the first tip, most of time i find the reply there but if it's not the case i paste what i already typed and it's done
      I don't do this for all posts, after clicking submit, I wait for like 10 to 15 seconds, if it's slowing and not yet showing submitted, I copy the post and refresh the page, then go to the last page of the thread to see if my post already appeared, if it doesn't all I do is just to paste it.

10. The following 3 users say Thank You to adewale for this useful post.

Aviz (08-05-2016), dzin4aans (07-31-2016), PhantomTrader79 (08-02-2016)

Super Moderator
      I am:
      Fine

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by adewale View Post
      One thing I also noticed is that when duplicate post has been made, one cannot find the post anymore because you are automatically redirected to the general forum, am thinking that after a duplicate post is made in error, the poster should see the post in same thread so that he can delete the duplicate immediately instead of being redirected. I think that will help...[COLOR="Silver"]
      This is the default behavior of vbulletin forum mate.
      It can definitely be changed but requires the IT guys to really tweak the forum and for this kind of incident I think it's not worth the time.

Moreover, if you follow the steps I provided in the 1st post I think you won't be having a problem with this kind of case.

12. The following 4 users say Thank You to PhantomTrader79 for this useful post.

Aviz (08-05-2016), dzin4aans (08-02-2016), Georges (08-06-2016), loveyo (08-02-2016)

Forex in the blood
      I am:
      ----

rabbu94 is on a distinguished road rabbu94's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      60.60 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Thanks for that valuable information . Really i appreciate your concern for us . I have suffered a lot since it happens with me most of the time . But in that moment i could not understand how could this happen . Now i am crystal clear about the whole damn problem . I hope you always be with us and support us like that .

14. The following 2 users say Thank You to rabbu94 for this useful post.

Georges (08-06-2016), PhantomTrader79 (09-11-2016)

It's time to retire!
      I am:
      Cheerful

adewale has a reputation beyond repute adewale has a reputation beyond repute adewale has a reputation beyond repute adewale has a reputation beyond repute adewale has a reputation beyond repute adewale has a reputation beyond repute adewale has a reputation beyond repute adewale has a reputation beyond repute adewale has a reputation beyond repute adewale has a reputation beyond repute adewale has a reputation beyond repute adewale's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      4438.85 USD (What is this?)
      caught pokemons
      6 (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 7,801 Times in 2,736 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PhAnToMtRaDeR79 View Post
      This is the default behavior of vbulletin forum mate.
      It can definitely be changed but requires the IT guys to really tweak the forum and for this kind of incident I think it's not worth the time.

Moreover, if you follow the steps I provided in the 1st post I think you won't be having a problem with this kind of case.
      It's okay then considering the efforts that is needed to tweak it, I will follow the instructions on the first post as you said.

16. The following 3 users say Thank You to adewale for this useful post.

dzin4aans (08-05-2016), Georges (08-06-2016), PhantomTrader79 (09-11-2016)

FX Vampire
      I am:
      ----

kobidenco is an unknown quantity at this point kobidenco's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      312.20 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Hello super Moderator,
      Good day and kudos to you and your other crew members,it just got to my notice now that i was given a warning due to a post i repeatedly posted some times ago and i would want you to trust me that it was never intentional but was due to my internet connection and i would want the warning to be deleted please as i shall be extra ordinarily been more careful now onward.
      I would be grateful if it could be deleted,thanks and God bless you all.
      God-is-helping-me

18. The following 4 users say Thank You to kobidenco for this useful post.

dzin4aans (08-07-2016), Georges (08-07-2016), MT5 bozZdeviL (09-11-2016), PhantomTrader79 (09-11-2016)

Forum VIP
      I am:
      Mellow

Georges has a reputation beyond repute Georges has a reputation beyond repute Georges has a reputation beyond repute Georges has a reputation beyond repute Georges has a reputation beyond repute Georges has a reputation beyond repute Georges has a reputation beyond repute Georges has a reputation beyond repute Georges has a reputation beyond repute Georges has a reputation beyond repute Georges has a reputation beyond repute Georges's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      1711.59 USD (What is this?)
      caught pokemons
      4 (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 20,098 Times in 4,414 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kobidenco View Post
      Hello super Moderator,
      Good day and kudos to you and your other crew members,it just got to my notice now that i was given a warning due to a post i repeatedly posted some times ago and i would want you to trust me that it was never intentional but was due to my internet connection and i would want the warning to be deleted please as i shall be extra ordinarily been more careful now onward.
      I would be grateful if it could be deleted,thanks and God bless you all.
      We are happy to hear that. What is really important is that you got to learn from it. The warning remaining on your profile has insignificant impact on how your future activity will be judged so no need to worry about that. Just stick to the forum rules and all will be well with you. We wish you a pleasant stay at the forum and may your dreams be fulfilled. God bless you too.
      If you can kneel before God then you can stand before any man!

20. The following 4 users say Thank You to Georges for this useful post.

dedy hari kurniawan (08-07-2016), dzin4aans (08-07-2016), MT5 bozZdeviL (09-11-2016), PhantomTrader79 (09-11-2016)

21. FB
      FX Zombie
      I am:
      ----

shiningsyo is on a distinguished road shiningsyo's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      492.87 USD (What is this?)
      caught pokemons
      2 (What is this?)
      Thanks

Thanks so much for the explanation

23. The following 2 users say Thank You to shiningsyo for this useful post.

Georges (09-11-2016), PhantomTrader79 (09-11-2016)

Reply to Thread
    Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast