• Twisted
  • Worried
  • Yeehaw
  • Reply to Thread
    Page 1 of 139 1 2 3 6 ... LastLast

Thread: I ain't giving up on consistency

I am:
      Relaxed

dzin4aans has a reputation beyond repute dzin4aans has a reputation beyond repute dzin4aans has a reputation beyond repute dzin4aans has a reputation beyond repute dzin4aans has a reputation beyond repute dzin4aans has a reputation beyond repute dzin4aans has a reputation beyond repute dzin4aans has a reputation beyond repute dzin4aans has a reputation beyond repute dzin4aans has a reputation beyond repute dzin4aans has a reputation beyond repute dzin4aans's Avatar
      Thanks
      Thanked 17,806 Times in 4,244 Posts

Default I ain't giving up on consistency

Hi everyone. Its that time Ive decided to start my trading journal too. I want to prove myself that I can be more consistent which Ive been lacking for quite some time..

Current account situation and monitoring -

So here is the plan:

Investment: 97 dollars

Risk: No more than 1 dollar per pip for now. its risky but way less risky than I ve been trading for past year or so, its already improvement

So minimum 97 pips

Target:
      I do not want to make any specific targets like exact number, but I want to end in nice profits over long term with this journal.

Time frames: 1h, 4h and daily timeframe analysis
      Trading analysis: Technical with fundamental outlook considered.

So off the way we got with the first setup I got a couple hours ago but wasnt able to report immediately:

gu go.png
      my previous analysis on live discussion here was to be bearish and pursue that low but since we got a nice double bottom at around 1.4060 on 4 hour time frame, I am not bearish anymore and exited that previous order before it turned against me. It was still some very nice profits with total about 250 pips possible easily.

So regarding this setup, I took long at 1.4299, was just a bit too late to enter at 1.4280 and due to technical reasons was not able to set a pending buy order at 1.4270 so missed about 30 pips on that.

Why I took long, well that nice pin bar at EU session open was first indicator that its a worthy setup, secondly at the same time 4 hour time frame draws a similar pin bar and rejection at 1.42 which makes me thing there might be something that might push it higher.

I know that the entry is not the best unfortunately, risk is larger but that is why I took it with 1 dollar per pip so stop loss would be close to that low 1.42.

It might not be a easy winner but the value is there mainly due to that double bottom at 1.4065, this nice pin bar today and 4 h time frame pin bar today so all lines up for a move to 1.4500 that recent high where my take profit is.\

Will I set a break even for this trade? If its not realized before NFP on Friday, I might, but as we know, NFP can change things, I might look for a spike lower to re-enter long again but will monitor markets behavior closely at certain levels, mainly it behavior on 4h time frame.

Worst scenario: we get a strong pin bar against this move that might point to move lower, that will be a strong indication to leave that trade, but unless that happens, I feel confident of this setup.

2. <a href="http://forum.mt5.com"> </a>
    3. The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to dzin4aans For This Useful Post:

azmassi (03-29-2016), bidyut (11-09-2017), Black Mamba (09-24-2017), D'mastermind (07-30-2017), deathstar (08-11-2017), forexianz (10-04-2016), hossamcoch (09-11-2017), hotforexx7373 (08-20-2017), koplak_com (11-17-2017), loveyo (08-21-2017), Mkape (10-11-2016), MT5 bozZdeviL (08-09-2017), Mummyz (08-24-2017), NikitaBelle (03-30-2016), nkhan2810 (03-30-2016), Obie (08-30-2017), Omar Sayeed (12-07-2016), Passionate Pisces (04-01-2016), PhAnToMtRaDeR79 (03-30-2016), rabbu94 (07-28-2016), Star_amin (08-13-2017), union12 (11-12-2017)

I am:
      Cheerful

NikitaBelle has a reputation beyond repute NikitaBelle has a reputation beyond repute NikitaBelle has a reputation beyond repute NikitaBelle has a reputation beyond repute NikitaBelle has a reputation beyond repute NikitaBelle has a reputation beyond repute NikitaBelle has a reputation beyond repute NikitaBelle has a reputation beyond repute NikitaBelle has a reputation beyond repute NikitaBelle has a reputation beyond repute NikitaBelle has a reputation beyond repute NikitaBelle's Avatar
      Thanks
      Thanked 24,109 Times in 7,033 Posts
       Black Frame Talent: Daily Contest of Demotivators on MT5.com Forum

Wow, nice to see you starting your journal bro dzin4aans! Welcome to the Club, hahaha, just kidding! I see that you are aiming for accuracy, that is nice 'coz my accuracy sucks, maybe I can learn a thing from you. Keep updating your journal bro 'coz I will be visiting it regularly. Take care bro! And I wish you more profits for your trades!

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to NikitaBelle For This Useful Post:

azmassi (04-06-2016), dzin4aans (03-30-2016), loveyo (08-21-2017), onome (12-27-2016), rabbu94 (08-01-2016)

Super Moderator
      I am:
      Fine

PhAnToMtRaDeR79 has a reputation beyond repute PhAnToMtRaDeR79 has a reputation beyond repute PhAnToMtRaDeR79 has a reputation beyond repute PhAnToMtRaDeR79 has a reputation beyond repute PhAnToMtRaDeR79 has a reputation beyond repute PhAnToMtRaDeR79 has a reputation beyond repute PhAnToMtRaDeR79 has a reputation beyond repute PhAnToMtRaDeR79 has a reputation beyond repute PhAnToMtRaDeR79 has a reputation beyond repute PhAnToMtRaDeR79 has a reputation beyond repute PhAnToMtRaDeR79 has a reputation beyond repute PhAnToMtRaDeR79's Avatar
      Thanks
      Thanked 28,132 Times in 7,253 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dzin4aans View Post
      Hi everyone. Its that time Ive decided to start my trading journal too. I want to prove myself that I can be more consistent which Ive been lacking for quite some time..

So here is the plan:

Investment: 97 dollars

Risk: No more than 1 dollar per pip for now. its risky but way less risky than I ve been trading for past year or so, its already improvement

So minimum 97 pips

Target:
      I do not want to make any specific targets like exact number, but I want to end in nice profits over long term with this journal.

Time frames: 1h, 4h and daily timeframe analysis
      Trading analysis: Technical with fundamental outlook considered.

So off the way we got with the first setup I got a couple hours ago but wasnt able to report immediately:

Attachment 62590
      my previous analysis on live discussion here was to be bearish and pursue that low but since we got a nice double bottom at around 1.4060 on 4 hour time frame, I am not bearish anymore and exited that previous order before it turned against me. It was still some very nice profits with total about 250 pips possible easily.

So regarding this setup, I took long at 1.4299, was just a bit too late to enter at 1.4280 and due to technical reasons was not able to set a pending buy order at 1.4270 so missed about 30 pips on that.

Why I took long, well that nice pin bar at EU session open was first indicator that its a worthy setup, secondly at the same time 4 hour time frame draws a similar pin bar and rejection at 1.42 which makes me thing there might be something that might push it higher.

I know that the entry is not the best unfortunately, risk is larger but that is why I took it with 1 dollar per pip so stop loss would be close to that low 1.42.

It might not be a easy winner but the value is there mainly due to that double bottom at 1.4065, this nice pin bar today and 4 h time frame pin bar today so all lines up for a move to 1.4500 that recent high where my take profit is.\

Will I set a break even for this trade? If its not realized before NFP on Friday, I might, but as we know, NFP can change things, I might look for a spike lower to re-enter long again but will monitor markets behavior closely at certain levels, mainly it behavior on 4h time frame.

Worst scenario: we get a strong pin bar against this move that might point to move lower, that will be a strong indication to leave that trade, but unless that happens, I feel confident of this setup.
      Finally, I've been waiting for this thread mate

GU? Nice. I've been looking at this pair too trying to read the market with more careful observation. Will you look at other pairs too?

No more than $1 per pips is too crazy for me especially on G/U as any mistake will be pretty costly lols but more power to you mate! Hopefully you'll grow the account into a hefty one

Cheers

Everything you need to know about forex trading can be found in here:
      http://forum.mt5.com/forumdisplay.ph...orex-Education

Connect with me on Facebook: Redart Motnahp
      OR
      Invite people or your friends to this facebook group: Global Forex Money (Get Real Cash To Trade Forex In Here)

Instaforex monitoring widget will be added soon!

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to PhAnToMtRaDeR79 For This Useful Post:

azmassi (04-06-2016), dzin4aans (03-30-2016), loveyo (08-21-2017), NikitaBelle (03-30-2016), rabbu94 (08-01-2016)

FX Zombie
      I am:
      Cool

Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      1507.24 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 4,856 Times in 1,829 Posts

interesting, can you explain more how you decide what to trade? is it based on PA only or what is the deal really? did you go long on the break of those recent highs on the chart? do you have anything planned today?
      The symbiosis mashed up.. Trading Journal, ideas and ideas and also, maybe, but not limited to, other things!
      symbiosis mashup <-- click this thing. pie, cake, sugar, coffee and closing all trades in profit. (and more cake)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Alexander Tatsumaki For This Useful Post:

azmassi (04-06-2016)

Forum Guru
      I am:
      Cheerful

nkhan2810 has a reputation beyond repute nkhan2810 has a reputation beyond repute nkhan2810 has a reputation beyond repute nkhan2810 has a reputation beyond repute nkhan2810 has a reputation beyond repute nkhan2810 has a reputation beyond repute nkhan2810 has a reputation beyond repute nkhan2810 has a reputation beyond repute nkhan2810 has a reputation beyond repute nkhan2810 has a reputation beyond repute nkhan2810 has a reputation beyond repute nkhan2810's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      1288.95 USD (What is this?)
      caught pokemons
      3 (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 4,594 Times in 1,518 Posts

Really great to find another mod to start his trading journal. I think the more journal will be here motivated other traders will be in real trading. It is really nice that different people like to trade different things. So far NZDUSD from Nikita, GBPUSD from you, EURUSD from SM, JPY pairs from Alexander Tatsumaki and stock and index from nkhan2810. I think very soon this portion will be the hotspot of forum discussion.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nkhan2810 For This Useful Post:

Alexander Tatsumaki (03-30-2016), azmassi (04-06-2016), PhAnToMtRaDeR79 (03-30-2016), rabbu94 (08-01-2016)

FX Zombie
      I am:
      Cool

Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      1507.24 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 4,856 Times in 1,829 Posts

oh you mean it is not the hotspot already?

here is some of the action of my screens today. needing them shorts. so what to do? every reason to go short = grab it! the picture shows some of it.

The symbiosis mashed up.. Trading Journal, ideas and ideas and also, maybe, but not limited to, other things!
      symbiosis mashup <-- click this thing. pie, cake, sugar, coffee and closing all trades in profit. (and more cake)

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Alexander Tatsumaki For This Useful Post:

azmassi (04-06-2016), nkhan2810 (03-30-2016), Oriakhiebillz (08-30-2017)

I am:
      Relaxed

dzin4aans has a reputation beyond repute dzin4aans has a reputation beyond repute dzin4aans has a reputation beyond repute dzin4aans has a reputation beyond repute dzin4aans has a reputation beyond repute dzin4aans has a reputation beyond repute dzin4aans has a reputation beyond repute dzin4aans has a reputation beyond repute dzin4aans has a reputation beyond repute dzin4aans has a reputation beyond repute dzin4aans has a reputation beyond repute dzin4aans's Avatar
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NikitaBelle View Post
      Wow, nice to see you starting your journal bro dzin4aans! Welcome to the Club, hahaha, just kidding! I see that you are aiming for accuracy, that is nice 'coz my accuracy sucks, maybe I can learn a thing from you. Keep updating your journal bro 'coz I will be visiting it regularly. Take care bro! And I wish you more profits for your trades!
      Thanks dear for your lovely words I hope that things sort out well for us, good luck in your trading too. I hope our journals are beneficiary to all of us.

Quote Originally Posted by PhAnToMtRaDeR79 View Post
      Finally, I've been waiting for this thread mate

GU? Nice. I've been looking at this pair too trying to read the market with more careful observation. Will you look at other pairs too?

No more than $1 per pips is too crazy for me especially on G/U as any mistake will be pretty costly lols but more power to you mate! Hopefully you'll grow the account into a hefty one

Cheers
      Thanks for visiting my thread Phantom
      GU is tricky, Ive been right with the calls on next moves almost always on GU - only problem is all those times Ive been out of the market due to previous MC...

Regarding other pairs, Ive been following USD/CAD, AUD/USD, a bit with that EUR/AUD thing and of course UJ and EU but the last two are so damn too tricky for me, EU is really slow and UJ is just too scary most of the time for me.

yeah its a bit large risk, I do not want to have such a risk always but for that I need a bit more profits to work with. If I get on the feet well, it will be good.

Thanks for all the wishes I hope your journal goes great too and yields some nice profits.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander Tatsumaki View Post
      interesting, can you explain more how you decide what to trade? is it based on PA only or what is the deal really? did you go long on the break of those recent highs on the chart? do you have anything planned today?
      I believe in Price Action a lot more than anything to be honest. I like that pure chart, no indies etc. I feel the market very often too, those similarities on moves repeat and GU is so typical with those similarities. that trade I am in right now, both 1h and 4h pointed to price failure to move lower, pin bars made me thing its the right call, its just I missed entry because was not able to access market so took it at the last good price ( turns out could have squeezed about 20 more pips but its fine). Now I am riding it, will see how it goes but once GU goes it goes, whether that 1.4450 now is the top is hard to tell, it seems that there are some pins at that level but due to the fact that its the end of the March and quarter, it might get crazy tomorrow and the more reward is with the long position.

Regarding today, I got a 50 cent trade on long side at this point ( that arrow points at the moment, it was about 10 mins before that candle closed )

gu today.png

the stop loss was at 1.4362 and unfortunately it was hit ( it was below todays low) so I lost $17 and balance right now is $80 + the floating profits from yesterdays trade.

Quote Originally Posted by nkhan2810 View Post
      Really great to find another mod to start his trading journal. I think the more journal will be here motivated other traders will be in real trading. It is really nice that different people like to trade different things. So far NZDUSD from Nikita, GBPUSD from you, EURUSD from SM, JPY pairs from Alexander Tatsumaki and stock and index from nkhan2810. I think very soon this portion will be the hotspot of forum discussion.
      Hi nkhan. Thanks for your visit, I saw your thread and its awesome too, the hard work youve put in is just great. Its great we have some various pairs we are into and lets see how it turns out because activity is increasing around trading journals and its just awesome to see so many analysis. Good luck in your journal

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander Tatsumaki View Post
      oh you mean it is not the hotspot already?

here is some of the action of my screens today. needing them shorts. so what to do? every reason to go short = grab it! the picture shows some of it.

Sorry for late reply cuz I am online usually around this time I am posting. I see you are trading smaller time frames and thats amazing how much work youve invested in analyzing UJ, plus your journal is tremendous and soooo huge already. keep up the great work Alexander. From my charts I see UJ is ranging now so looks like a buy at 110.50-111 and sell at around 114 but thats on 4h time frame. I might not give any good advice on short term charts cuz I tried them but they caught me nowhere. However looks like youve mastered them very well, so I will monitor your analysis closely to learn something more about smaller time frame trading. Keep it up!

15. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to dzin4aans For This Useful Post:

Alexander Tatsumaki (03-30-2016), azmassi (04-06-2016), forexianz (12-10-2016), NikitaBelle (04-04-2016), nkhan2810 (03-31-2016), Oriakhiebillz (08-30-2017), PhAnToMtRaDeR79 (03-31-2016), rabbu94 (08-01-2016)

I am:
      Relaxed

Thanks

I must press pause on my trading journal as my consistency is not there yet.. GU got me my margin call, too bad it didnt make that 1.45 because I had some doubts I should short it from there but it got up to 1.4450 and reversed badly.. Sorry for that but I hope to be back as soon as I can

Good luck to others, I will definitely follow other journals in the mean time, maybe I can learn something that I will implement in my journal

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dzin4aans For This Useful Post:

Alexander Tatsumaki (04-05-2016), azmassi (04-06-2016), NikitaBelle (04-06-2016), PhAnToMtRaDeR79 (04-06-2016), rabbu94 (08-01-2016)

I am:
      Cheerful

NikitaBelle has a reputation beyond repute NikitaBelle has a reputation beyond repute NikitaBelle has a reputation beyond repute NikitaBelle has a reputation beyond repute NikitaBelle has a reputation beyond repute NikitaBelle has a reputation beyond repute NikitaBelle has a reputation beyond repute NikitaBelle has a reputation beyond repute NikitaBelle has a reputation beyond repute NikitaBelle has a reputation beyond repute NikitaBelle has a reputation beyond repute NikitaBelle's Avatar
      Thanks
      Thanked 24,109 Times in 7,033 Posts
       Black Frame Talent: Daily Contest of Demotivators on MT5.com Forum

I must press pause on my trading journal as my consistency is not there yet.. GU got me my margin call, too bad it didnt make that 1.45 because I had some doubts I should short it from there but it got up to 1.4450 and reversed badly.. Sorry for that but I hope to be back as soon as I can

Good luck to others, I will definitely follow other journals in the mean time, maybe I can learn something that I will implement in my journal
      Don't worry bro, you can relax for a while and just come back when you are ready, trading this market is not that easy. We all have our bad times and good times. Don't worry I will get a revenge for you! I will show this market how it will be beaten by the Margin Call Queen itself, hahaha, just kidding! Just want to make you smile for a while...Don't worry bro when you are ready to comeback we will always be here supporting you! You are not alone we are here to support you...Please don't give up bro! Take care bro!

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NikitaBelle For This Useful Post:

azmassi (04-06-2016), dzin4aans (04-06-2016), PhAnToMtRaDeR79 (04-06-2016), rabbu94 (08-01-2016)

20. FB
      Super Moderator
      I am:
      Fine

PhAnToMtRaDeR79 has a reputation beyond repute PhAnToMtRaDeR79 has a reputation beyond repute PhAnToMtRaDeR79 has a reputation beyond repute PhAnToMtRaDeR79 has a reputation beyond repute PhAnToMtRaDeR79 has a reputation beyond repute PhAnToMtRaDeR79 has a reputation beyond repute PhAnToMtRaDeR79 has a reputation beyond repute PhAnToMtRaDeR79 has a reputation beyond repute PhAnToMtRaDeR79 has a reputation beyond repute PhAnToMtRaDeR79 has a reputation beyond repute PhAnToMtRaDeR79 has a reputation beyond repute PhAnToMtRaDeR79's Avatar
      Thanks
      Thanked 28,132 Times in 7,253 Posts

No worry mate. Your analysis was good it's just that the account could not weather the swing. Maybe if you could reduce your risk the result will come in better. G/U is pretty good these days so I think it might be good if you can reload the account. I haven't reloaded mine yet but will definitely post about it when I do.

I definitely would love to see a revival of this journal.

Everything you need to know about forex trading can be found in here:
      http://forum.mt5.com/forumdisplay.ph...orex-Education

Connect with me on Facebook: Redart Motnahp
      OR
      Invite people or your friends to this facebook group: Global Forex Money (Get Real Cash To Trade Forex In Here)

Instaforex monitoring widget will be added soon!

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PhAnToMtRaDeR79 For This Useful Post:

dzin4aans (04-06-2016), NikitaBelle (04-06-2016), rabbu94 (08-01-2016)

Reply to Thread
    Page 1 of 139 1 2 3 6 ... LastLast