• Worried
  • Yeehaw
  • Reply to Thread
    Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 6 ... LastLast

Thread: F P A Trading system

FX Zombie
      I am:
      Cool

Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      1507.24 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 4,855 Times in 1,829 Posts

Default F P A Trading system

Welcome to *** Trading system thread

Force Price Action = *** this is what it stands for.

How does it work? We have to trade in the direction of price and not go against it. Reversals exist but there are rules for that.

General rules:

1 Trade in direction of force
      2 If in doubt lock position
      3 Static MM
      4 OLHC Bars only
      5 Adapt position risk size weekly, monthly if on d1.

So how do we do this? Where can we find the direction of force. To understand this first we must see on the chart where we have balance. Usually this looks like chop, little to no swings are there and price generally just looks bad to trade.

When we learn to see and find chop then we also later learn how to see the force in price, this is what we want to follow. It can look like this:

Now that we know how to see both chop and force we must understand that in this system we must not give anything back. It is not allowed to close a position, but it is allowed to move the stop loss to secure profits if we see "problems" with force. It can look like this:

Also, another reason to lock in profit is where; we had force, entered short, price went lower and into a chop zone, then another force down came <-- this is a reason to lock. Because we do not want to give anything back.
      Formations such as harami and pinbar are reasons to lock, also doji but it has to be big. A simple smal doji cross is not really something to worry about.

How big stop loss and take profit?
      Every position has a stop loss and a take profit. If this system is traded on d1 chart then we must review the stop loss number once every month. If the system is run on h4,h1 etc.. every week.
      So how do we find this number?

Take profit is 2.5 x bigger then stop loss. In this example we use 400 pips for stop and take profit would be 1000 pips. Remember that it is not a big number, it is a number made for that chart. Also, since it is 400 pips and i trade this on 10-15 charts at a time the entry size needs to be small. Do not risk more then 5% of the total account total at any time. It is not needed.

What is static MM?
      We use the same stop loss on every position, also same take profit. It does not matter if there is a level close or anything like that. Follow the force in price. That also means that we use the same entry size.

That is pretty much it for a brief description. It all revolvs around the understanding and use of the powerbar. We do not use a on stop order for this since that would be a breakout and very faulty. We enter after a bar has closed.
      What is a powerbar? It is a bar that has closed far away from the area of chop and that has little or no pins on. no more then 10% of bar range can be pins, 10% on each side that is.

Trade example:

Last edited by Alexander Tatsumaki; 05-30-2016 at 11:39 AM.
      The symbiosis mashed up.. Trading Journal, ideas and ideas and also, maybe, but not limited to, other things!
      symbiosis mashup <-- click this thing. pie, cake, sugar, coffee and closing all trades in profit. (and more cake)

2. FB
    3. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Alexander Tatsumaki For This Useful Post:

dzin4aans (05-30-2016), ilyas_ili (08-15-2016), jayarama (06-22-2016), NikitaBelle (05-31-2016), PhAnToMtRaDeR79 (05-31-2016), wickybaba (06-22-2016)

I am:
      Relaxed

dzin4aans has a reputation beyond repute dzin4aans has a reputation beyond repute dzin4aans has a reputation beyond repute dzin4aans has a reputation beyond repute dzin4aans has a reputation beyond repute dzin4aans has a reputation beyond repute dzin4aans has a reputation beyond repute dzin4aans has a reputation beyond repute dzin4aans has a reputation beyond repute dzin4aans has a reputation beyond repute dzin4aans has a reputation beyond repute dzin4aans's Avatar
      Thanks
      Thanked 17,799 Times in 4,241 Posts

Great explanation Alexander
      I got a quick question, maybe you can give answer with some examples or so.
      Do you use this system on smaller time frames, 15 m, 30m? and which time frames are the most convincing? I like to trade range breakouts like these but havent got on the right foot with them for a while, especially on larger time frames, maybe there is something in smaller time frame?

As always, outstanding work from you and great to see you share your success with everyone!

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dzin4aans For This Useful Post:

NikitaBelle (05-31-2016), PhAnToMtRaDeR79 (05-31-2016)

FX Zombie
      I am:
      Cool

Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      Thanks

thank you dzin4aans. yes the system will work on any timeframe, any systems that that is worth its name does so. for it to be on m15 for example you'd have to adjust the stop level. i was looking at m15 UJ today and thinking about it. on that timeframe i'd use a stop of 50, that means i'd have a tp of 125.

---------- Post added at 10:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 PM ----------

here are some examples. remember it is not allowed to close a position. it is only allowed to follow the force. it is allowed to lock positions and then trail.

also.. i have surely missed some signals and locks. there quite simply is not any room to write on the charts.
      The symbiosis mashed up.. Trading Journal, ideas and ideas and also, maybe, but not limited to, other things!
      symbiosis mashup <-- click this thing. pie, cake, sugar, coffee and closing all trades in profit. (and more cake)

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Alexander Tatsumaki For This Useful Post:

dzin4aans (05-30-2016), ilyas_ili (09-14-2016), NikitaBelle (05-31-2016), PhAnToMtRaDeR79 (05-31-2016)

Super Moderator
      I am:
      Fine

PhAnToMtRaDeR79 has a reputation beyond repute PhAnToMtRaDeR79 has a reputation beyond repute PhAnToMtRaDeR79 has a reputation beyond repute PhAnToMtRaDeR79 has a reputation beyond repute PhAnToMtRaDeR79 has a reputation beyond repute PhAnToMtRaDeR79 has a reputation beyond repute PhAnToMtRaDeR79 has a reputation beyond repute PhAnToMtRaDeR79 has a reputation beyond repute PhAnToMtRaDeR79 has a reputation beyond repute PhAnToMtRaDeR79 has a reputation beyond repute PhAnToMtRaDeR79 has a reputation beyond repute PhAnToMtRaDeR79's Avatar
      Thanks
      Thanked 28,127 Times in 7,252 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander Tatsumaki View Post

How does it work? We have to trade in the direction of price and not go against it. Reversals exist but there are rules for that.

General rules:

3 Static MM
      4 OLHC Bars only

So how do we do this? Where can we find the direction of force. To understand this first we must see on the chart where we have balance. Usually this looks like chop, little to no swings are there and price generally just looks bad to trade.

When we learn to see and find chop then we also later learn how to see the force in price, this is what we want to follow. It can look like this:

Now that we know how to see both chop and force we must understand that in this system we must not give anything back. It is not allowed to close a position, but it is allowed to move the stop loss to secure profits if we see "problems" with force. It can look like this:

Also, another reason to lock in profit is where; we had force, entered short, price went lower and into a chop zone, then another force down came <-- this is a reason to lock. Because we do not want to give anything back.
      Formations such as harami and pinbar are reasons to lock, also doji but it has to be big. A simple smal doji cross is not really something to worry about.

How big stop loss and take profit?
      Every position has a stop loss and a take profit. If this system is traded on d1 chart then we must review the stop loss number once every month. If the system is run on h4,h1 etc.. every week.
      So how do we find this number?

Take profit is 2.5 x bigger then stop loss. In this example we use 400 pips for stop and take profit would be 1000 pips. Remember that it is not a big number, it is a number made for that chart. Also, since it is 400 pips and i trade this on 10-15 charts at a time the entry size needs to be small. Do not risk more then 5% of the total account total at any time. It is not needed.

What is static MM?
      We use the same stop loss on every position, also same take profit. It does not matter if there is a level close or anything like that. Follow the force in price. That also means that we use the same entry size.

That is pretty much it for a brief description. It all revolvs around the understanding and use of the powerbar. We do not use a on stop order for this since that would be a breakout and very faulty. We enter after a bar has closed.
      What is a powerbar? It is a bar that has closed far away from the area of chop and that has little or no pins on. no more then 10% of bar range can be pins, 10% on each side that is.

Trade example:

thank you dzin4aans. yes the system will work on any timeframe, any systems that that is worth its name does so. for it to be on m15 for example you'd have to adjust the stop level. i was looking at m15 UJ today and thinking about it. on that timeframe i'd use a stop of 50, that means i'd have a tp of 125.

---------- Post added at 10:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 PM ----------

here are some examples. remember it is not allowed to close a position. it is only allowed to follow the force. it is allowed to lock positions and then trail.

also.. i have surely missed some signals and locks. there quite simply is not any room to write on the charts.
      Always the good information you share.
      Great explanation there mate! I hope more people will learn about price behavior due to its simplicity and profitability.

Everything you need to know about forex trading can be found in here:
      http://forum.mt5.com/forumdisplay.ph...orex-Education

Connect with me on Facebook: Redart Motnahp
      OR
      Invite people or your friends to this facebook group: Global Forex Money (Get Real Cash To Trade Forex In Here)

Instaforex monitoring widget will be added soon!

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PhAnToMtRaDeR79 For This Useful Post:

dzin4aans (05-31-2016), ilyas_ili (08-15-2016), wickybaba (06-22-2016)

FX Zombie
      I am:
      Cool

Accumulated bonus
      Thanks

Always the good information you share.
      thank you!

i intend to post charts here with trades, when i have time. this is the thing that traders here should know and not look at 15 different indicators trying to figure something out.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alexander Tatsumaki For This Useful Post:

dzin4aans (05-31-2016), PhAnToMtRaDeR79 (06-02-2016)

MT5 Veteran
      I am:
      Busy

FlyingShark has a brilliant future FlyingShark has a brilliant future FlyingShark has a brilliant future FlyingShark has a brilliant future FlyingShark has a brilliant future FlyingShark has a brilliant future FlyingShark has a brilliant future FlyingShark has a brilliant future FlyingShark has a brilliant future FlyingShark has a brilliant future FlyingShark has a brilliant future FlyingShark's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      1424.35 USD (What is this?)
      caught pokemons
      5 (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,532 Times in 759 Posts

General rules:

3 Static MM
      4 OLHC Bars only

Hi Alexander, looks like you have found a new strategy to trade using only price action without too much indicators that would only mess a system, or strategy! Big timeframes (I prefer day trading on smaller) are also more simple and you have all the time with your side to check fundamental news, views from major banks and other traders. Let's go to the first thing I have noticed and don't like in a strategy like this, very big stop loss. I would use the same amount of pips as the power bar, or the higher high of the consolidation period and with this I may could have saved half of the SL pips. Also a market like EURUSD is hard to move too many pips like 1.000 in a week, or even more time (80% of the market moves are consolidations), anyway you should not have any problem, because you are using a good manual trailing system, which I don't like to see what would happen, if in my sleep the market reacts on opposite direction forming a big candle like, pinbar, or engulfing. I'll wait for more examples and solutions from you.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to FlyingShark For This Useful Post:

dzin4aans (05-31-2016)

FX Zombie
      I am:
      Cool

Accumulated bonus
      Thanks

I would use the same amount of pips as the power bar, or the higher high of the consolidation period
      yes i perfectly understand this. but here is the deal, i have found that doing it this way is more profitable. also if was to set the stop at the beginning of the powerbar then it would not be as strong; trades need room to breath a bit. it is only one bar afterall and of normal size at that. on m15 UJ today i was considering 40 pip stop, that wouldn't be to much now would it.

also i will say this, with very high risk such as 5% per trade, i have managed to get +280% in a year of trading. believe that if you want to or not, but it was on d1 charts!!

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Alexander Tatsumaki For This Useful Post:

dzin4aans (05-31-2016), FlyingShark (05-31-2016), PhAnToMtRaDeR79 (06-02-2016)

MT5 Veteran
      I am:
      Busy

FlyingShark has a brilliant future FlyingShark has a brilliant future FlyingShark has a brilliant future FlyingShark has a brilliant future FlyingShark has a brilliant future FlyingShark has a brilliant future FlyingShark has a brilliant future FlyingShark has a brilliant future FlyingShark has a brilliant future FlyingShark has a brilliant future FlyingShark has a brilliant future FlyingShark's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      caught pokemons
      5 (What is this?)
      Thanks

it is only one bar afterall and of normal size at that. on m15 UJ today i was considering 40 pip stop, that wouldn't be to much now would it.
      No it is not too much; I use a bigger stop loss on 15 minutes and I exit with loss only when I think the price will not continue in my favor and your multiple trades looks very good for add-ons, what candlestick formations do you prefer for entries?

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FlyingShark For This Useful Post:

Alexander Tatsumaki (05-31-2016), dzin4aans (05-31-2016)

FX Zombie
      I am:
      Cool

Accumulated bonus
      Thanks

what candlestick formations do you prefer for entries
      well this is F P A method and in it the powerbar is the most used imo. it is traded from balance or chop as some call it, also there are pins and engulfing from re-tested areas and i use harami the same way. no single formation trade though, i wouldn't for example go long on a single pin if it was only that. no catching of falling knifes it just does not work.

exit with loss only when I think the price will not continue
      i have found through extensive testing that clicking exit on a trade only adds to failure. because of that i do not condone nor do that.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Alexander Tatsumaki For This Useful Post:

dzin4aans (05-31-2016), FlyingShark (06-01-2016), PhAnToMtRaDeR79 (06-02-2016)

20. <a href=""> </a>
      MT5 Veteran
      I am:
      Busy

Accumulated bonus
      caught pokemons
      5 (What is this?)
      Thanks

i have found through extensive testing that clicking exit on a trade only adds to failure. because of that i do not condone nor do that.
      It have saved me a lot of times and also breaking the rules is good for an account too, maybe your strategy can prove me the opposite and be more simple, who knows!
      I'll wait for more examples.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to FlyingShark For This Useful Post:

dzin4aans (06-01-2016)

Reply to Thread
    Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 6 ... LastLast