• Worried
  • Yeehaw
  • Reply to Thread
    Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 32 35 36 37

Thread: My Simple Trading Journal

It's time to retire!
      I am:
      Sleepy

dedy hari kurniawan has a reputation beyond repute dedy hari kurniawan has a reputation beyond repute dedy hari kurniawan has a reputation beyond repute dedy hari kurniawan has a reputation beyond repute dedy hari kurniawan has a reputation beyond repute dedy hari kurniawan has a reputation beyond repute dedy hari kurniawan has a reputation beyond repute dedy hari kurniawan has a reputation beyond repute dedy hari kurniawan has a reputation beyond repute dedy hari kurniawan has a reputation beyond repute dedy hari kurniawan has a reputation beyond repute dedy hari kurniawan's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      2514.81 USD (What is this?)
      caught pokemons
      44 (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,979 Times in 1,212 Posts

Default My Simple Trading Journal

I made this thread just to share my trading journal, i will try my best to explain my activities in the trade forex using bonus post as my trading capital.
      I'm not good for niceties so i will immediately explain how i trade forex.
      The first time i trade forex since 5 years ago or 1 year before joining the MT5 Forum and until now, in the trade i never use a Stop Loss and i never practice in a demo trading. I have a principle " if traders fear a loss and always limit your losses then it will never become a true trader "
      I also use indicators in trading and this indicator has accompanied me for 5 years, i do not really like with anything complicated because my character is a man who thinks simple.
      I will explain in simple terms how the workings of the indicators that i use in forex trading.

My platform indicator.jpg

All currency pairs for me to have so many opportunities depending on how we analyze the price movement. Now I'm open positions on the currency pair EUR/USD and i will give you a screenshot of my trading positions

Balance: $218.87 (since January until now)
      Leverage: 1:400

My trading 01.jpg

My orders.jpg

in every trade i only use 1/3 of the total capital, for example i have a capital of $150 so i only used $50 and $100 remaining capital would i use as a backup to withstand floating minus.
      don't use Luck in the trade but it would be better to use Greed
      hoping for something without hard work will not give anything

My Trading Journal

2. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to dedy hari kurniawan For This Useful Post:

angaper (06-01-2016), Chaudhary (09-08-2017), CratosFX (10-03-2017), dzin4aans (06-01-2016), forexianz (08-15-2017), JANEIUMEDIA (09-12-2017), Kadiri (08-05-2017), kammraz (10-11-2017), MT5 bozZdeviL (08-09-2017), NikitaBelle (06-02-2016), NumanHaider (10-07-2017), Obie (09-05-2017), PhAnToMtRaDeR79 (06-02-2016), Soldier (10-08-2017), union12 (10-22-2017)

Forex in the blood
      I am:
      ----

captainleo has a spectacular aura about captainleo has a spectacular aura about captainleo's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      4.03 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

I just want to say hi to Dedy because he is 1 of great trader here, I wish I can learn something from him because I saw his $3000 withdrawal. But seriously, I feel shocked after reading page 33-36, looks like the temperature on this journal is a bit hot here lol. I just a newbie here so perhaps my opinion is not important. I think we don't need to spend our energy and emotion for something like this, it will be better if we focus on our trade and make profit as much as we can.

4. <a href="http://www.mt5.com/forex_humor"> </a>
    5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to captainleo For This Useful Post:

dedy hari kurniawan (Yesterday), PhAnToMtRaDeR79 (Yesterday)

Super Moderator
      I am:
      Fine

PhAnToMtRaDeR79 has a reputation beyond repute PhAnToMtRaDeR79 has a reputation beyond repute PhAnToMtRaDeR79 has a reputation beyond repute PhAnToMtRaDeR79 has a reputation beyond repute PhAnToMtRaDeR79 has a reputation beyond repute PhAnToMtRaDeR79 has a reputation beyond repute PhAnToMtRaDeR79 has a reputation beyond repute PhAnToMtRaDeR79 has a reputation beyond repute PhAnToMtRaDeR79 has a reputation beyond repute PhAnToMtRaDeR79 has a reputation beyond repute PhAnToMtRaDeR79 has a reputation beyond repute PhAnToMtRaDeR79's Avatar
      Thanks
      Thanked 27,585 Times in 7,131 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by union12 View Post
      i respect dedy hari success and there is no doubt that alex is a great trader.
      Yet pin bar is pin bar and we cannot skip their effect. i was thinking how much pin bar is discussed and that makes pin bar famous.

I was also thinking of that but i'm still learning and that is the reason why i visit journal to journal. Alex has a attractive strategy and i just want to check how much perfect his strategy is so that i can add it with mine to gain perfection. dedy hari said right i don't know him. i didn't checked his previous results he was using divergence which i uses and it works but i'm still confused how moving averages works, he must have added other strategy with it to make moving averages work.

i would make a journal once i have some big strategy that would have perfect 70% win rate, but i don't know when i would get it. Right now i wins 30% or 40% bets and also loses big and my risk reward ratio is 1:1. That is the reason why i recommend people to take 2% or 5% risk and i saw many trader who join our forum and left because they risk a-lot. only some of them get success like dedy hari, he must have a high winning strategy but there are some other small traders who are still weak and they cannot risk above 5% level.

your though is right but i don't want people to take a losing strategy which i have, i want to launch a working one which would have a perfect winning ratio in all market conditions. if a strategy don't works then i would never share it, i discussed pin bar because they alone with support resistance have more than 30% winning rate and this made pin bars the most effective candlestick pattern but still zero because 30% is nothing something that is great is missing and i'm finding it.
      Alex once said that his risk to reward ratio is 1.7 (on average of course) while others like to aim for 1:3 RR. Personally though, I aim for big RR because I must cover my potential loss.

Now, looking at your plan if your hit rate is only 40% and only have a strict 1:1 risk to reward ratio then you are losing the game even before it starts. Someone like NikitaBelle has around 90% hit rate but her risk is dynamic so it's still viable to proceed. But I think you can find out what you're looking for by browsing the trading journal in here

Everything you need to know about forex trading can be found in here:
      http://forum.mt5.com/forumdisplay.ph...orex-Education

Connect with me on Facebook: Redart Motnahp

Instaforex monitoring widget will be added soon!

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PhAnToMtRaDeR79 For This Useful Post:

Alexander Tatsumaki (Yesterday), captainleo (Yesterday), dedy hari kurniawan (Yesterday), NikitaBelle (Yesterday)

FX Zombie
      I am:
      Cool

Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      1205.40 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 4,547 Times in 1,730 Posts

Alex once said that his risk to reward ratio is 1.7 (on average of course) while others like to aim for 1:3 RR. Personally though, I aim for big RR because I must cover my potential loss.
      i think it mostly feels much better to use rr 1:3 but the thing is with the numbers i have i know that if i use 1:1.76 then the profits will come more often and become more stable. this is better in the long run because the entry size will grow and with that the account.

as for the Nikitia example, i think we discussed that but the sl was way to big even with 90% strike rate.

if your hit rate is only 40% and only have a strict 1:1 risk to reward ratio then you are losing the game even before it starts
      also take into consideration this traders own personal edge. where a completely random outcome of 50:50 on a trade the trader has X advantage, or should have so, on his positions. for example my number is 4%. therefore if i use rr 1:1 and put on 100 positions of each 1% (theoretical) the outcome should be +4% over time.
      The symbiosis mashed up.. Trading Journal, ideas and ideas and also, maybe, but not limited to, other things!
      symbiosis mashup <-- click this thing. pie, cake, sugar, coffee and closing all trades in profit. (and more cake)

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Alexander Tatsumaki For This Useful Post:

captainleo (Yesterday), dedy hari kurniawan (Yesterday), NikitaBelle (Yesterday)

I am:
      Cheerful

NikitaBelle has a reputation beyond repute NikitaBelle has a reputation beyond repute NikitaBelle has a reputation beyond repute NikitaBelle has a reputation beyond repute NikitaBelle has a reputation beyond repute NikitaBelle has a reputation beyond repute NikitaBelle has a reputation beyond repute NikitaBelle has a reputation beyond repute NikitaBelle has a reputation beyond repute NikitaBelle has a reputation beyond repute NikitaBelle has a reputation beyond repute NikitaBelle's Avatar
      Thanks
      Thanked 23,493 Times in 6,887 Posts
       Black Frame Talent: Daily Contest of Demotivators on MT5.com Forum

Quote Originally Posted by PhAnToMtRaDeR79 View Post

Now, looking at your plan if your hit rate is only 40% and only have a strict 1:1 risk to reward ratio then you are losing the game even before it starts. Someone like NikitaBelle has around 90% hit rate but her risk is dynamic so it's still viable to proceed. But I think you can find out what you're looking for by browsing the trading journal in here
      I think my strategy wont suit well with others because am using small lot size and small lot size is not always satisfying and wont produce big profits right away, in my strategy, am just collecting small profits along the way, it's kind of slow, but it somehow help me avoid getting margin call every month, hahaha

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NikitaBelle For This Useful Post:

captainleo (Yesterday), dedy hari kurniawan (Yesterday)

MT5 Veteran
      I am:
      ----

bigani is just really nice bigani is just really nice bigani is just really nice bigani is just really nice bigani's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      1102.26 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NikitaBelle View Post
      I think my strategy wont suit well with others because am using small lot size and small lot size is not always satisfying and wont produce big profits right away, in my strategy, am just collecting small profits along the way, it's kind of slow, but it somehow help me avoid getting margin call every month, hahaha
      Lot sizes have to do with risks management it just a part of the trading strategy,as long as the strategy is profitable anyone can trade with it,all they need to do is adjust their lots,depending on the capital that they are trading with,big or small,the market can accommodate everybody.

13. Forex Game
      It's time to retire!
      I am:
      Sleepy

dedy hari kurniawan has a reputation beyond repute dedy hari kurniawan has a reputation beyond repute dedy hari kurniawan has a reputation beyond repute dedy hari kurniawan has a reputation beyond repute dedy hari kurniawan has a reputation beyond repute dedy hari kurniawan has a reputation beyond repute dedy hari kurniawan has a reputation beyond repute dedy hari kurniawan has a reputation beyond repute dedy hari kurniawan has a reputation beyond repute dedy hari kurniawan has a reputation beyond repute dedy hari kurniawan has a reputation beyond repute dedy hari kurniawan's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      2514.81 USD (What is this?)
      caught pokemons
      44 (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,979 Times in 1,212 Posts

My trading results only make small profit

Account History

If there is a Loss in my trading it's my problem and not related to all of you so do not judge how i trade or mock the system or strategy i use. This is my bonus account and i will do anything in my bonus account without you having to interrupt. If you do not like how i trade then do not comment on my journal.
      don't use Luck in the trade but it would be better to use Greed
      hoping for something without hard work will not give anything

My Trading Journal

15. The Following User Says Thank You to dedy hari kurniawan For This Useful Post:

Reply to Thread
    Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 32 35 36 37