• Sneaky
  • Stresses
  • Tired
  • Twisted
  • Worried
  • Yeehaw
  • Reply to Thread
    Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8 11 12 13

Thread: At what level can a trader place stop loss?

FX Zombie
      I am:
      Fine

NewBeginning has a spectacular aura about NewBeginning has a spectacular aura about NewBeginning's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      455.91 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Proper setting of stop loss level is also very critical aspect in our trading and traders should fully understand this aspect, but stop loss level is an integral part of the whole strategy that the level to which it will be set should also be in relation to what kind of trading strategy you are using, some strategy may have tight stops as compare with the other strategy but it can also give the same results.

2. FB
      MT5 Resident
      I am:
      Angelic

katrina will become famous soon enough katrina's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      1664.49 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

stop loss is a very important tool but should place with full care and also analysis as many times it happens that after hitting the stop loss and making you face loss, the trade moves in your favor and you miss the opportunity and also the profit that you earned so far, so try to trade with stop loss with full efficiency,

Forex in the blood
      I am:
      ----

time void will become famous soon enough time void's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      74.04 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

The level to place the stop loss depends on your own experience and trading strategy. For a simple and basic option, you could choose to place stop loss behind support or resistance. As you gain more experience, you will be able to put stop loss at more appropriate levels where you won't get much loss even if the stop loss is touched and the price still has enough space to maneuver.

FX Super Hero
      I am:
      Amused

mecherine is on a distinguished road mecherine's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      255.09 USD (What is this?)
      caught pokemons
      17 (What is this?)
      Thanks

You can place your stoploss any level you want according to your trading system. 20 pips is good on 5m time frame, 30 pips is good for 15m time frame, 50 pips is good for H1 while 100 pips is good for H4. You can increase this according to the pairs you trade.

MT5 Addict
      I am:
      ----

Honey Bee has much to be proud of Honey Bee has much to be proud of Honey Bee has much to be proud of Honey Bee has much to be proud of Honey Bee has much to be proud of Honey Bee has much to be proud of Honey Bee has much to be proud of Honey Bee has much to be proud of Honey Bee has much to be proud of Honey Bee's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      280.58 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,235 Times in 302 Posts

It will depends on trader strategy planing and also counted their investment, then first we will select lot size, if we will play short term then we will select SL 20 to 70 pips on every trade and if we will work long term on D1 or W1 time frame then our SL will more then 200 pips on every trade.

Where am I?
      I am:
      ----

Annam ullah is an unknown quantity at this point Annam ullah's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      0.00 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

i stop loss is good,but wo depend karta,hy,k,ham,ny,analyse, kesy,kiya,hy,.hamy,100,150,pips,nechy,stop,loss,la gna,chaye,ta,k,support,ya,resistance,level,check,k arny,k,bad,market,move,back,kary,to,hamra,SL,hit,n a,ho,q,k,har,bar,market,kuch,pips,nechy,zaror,ati, hy,

FX Zombie
      I am:
      Amused

qlink is a name known to all qlink is a name known to all qlink is a name known to all qlink is a name known to all qlink is a name known to all qlink is a name known to all qlink's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      339.65 USD (What is this?)
      caught pokemons
      5 (What is this?)
      Thanks

The stop loss is a very valuable component of the trading platform. Using the stop loss feature of the trading platform, the trader can be able to set a stop loss point so that he can avoid a huge loss in case his trade should turn out to be a loser. Part of using stop loss is to be able to make your stop loss wisely. Bottom support levels and top resistance levels are the most recommended level of stop loss as well as along trendlines.

MT5 Veteran
      I am:
      Cool

eep saepul minwar has a spectacular aura about eep saepul minwar has a spectacular aura about eep saepul minwar has a spectacular aura about eep saepul minwar's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      864.95 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

in trading the stop loss is very useful for us to apply in trading and this must be done to minimize the loss and to prevent MC
      † if we are wrong dalm open trading positions and for how its application it depends on the trader if for me setting stop loss about 70 pips ..
      good luck .

10. <a href="">‘ÓūŚÍŮ ÔÓūÚŗŽ</a>
      FX Vampire
      I am:
      Fine

catfish007 has a brilliant future catfish007 has a brilliant future catfish007 has a brilliant future catfish007 has a brilliant future catfish007 has a brilliant future catfish007 has a brilliant future catfish007 has a brilliant future catfish007 has a brilliant future catfish007 has a brilliant future catfish007 has a brilliant future catfish007 has a brilliant future catfish007's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      489.54 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,566 Times in 622 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mecherine View Post
      You can place your stoploss any level you want according to your trading system. 20 pips is good on 5m time frame, 30 pips is good for 15m time frame, 50 pips is good for H1 while 100 pips is good for H4. You can increase this according to the pairs you trade.
      The stop loss placement by any trader is never a hard thing at all, only that the trader have to make sure that he is doing his trading very well. If the trader knows where his patterns on the chart could be abolished by the market movement, i think that such trader will know the right place to place his stop loss. But as for me, what i always do is to make sure that i am working with the support and resistance that is strong enough, and it will really help me to place the both stop loss and take profits at the same time.

Reply to Thread
    Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8 11 12 13