• Sneaky
  • Stresses
  • Tired
  • Twisted
  • Worried
  • Yeehaw
  • Reply to Thread
    Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: How many timeframes do you use to analyze a single pair?

Forum VIP
      I am:
      Happy

zarra is a splendid one to behold zarra is a splendid one to behold zarra is a splendid one to behold zarra is a splendid one to behold zarra is a splendid one to behold zarra is a splendid one to behold zarra is a splendid one to behold zarra's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      1855.40 USD (What is this?)
      caught pokemons
      14 (What is this?)
      Thanks

Default How many timeframes do you use to analyze a single pair?

Most trade tutorials I've come across with tend to recommend the use of at least two timeframes to increase the probability of a trade setup, or at least, to minimizw the risk on a trade. Typically, it is said that higher timeframe such as 4 hour chart is the one to define the context, that is, the trend and possible trade location. then a trader switchs to a lower timerrame, e.g 30 minute to fine tune the entry and stop locations. While this approach seems valid, I often struggle to come to terms with various trends present across different timeframes. While the trend on the 4 hour chart may be raring to go higher and higher, 30 minute chart may be indicating a nice downtrend. In such instances, it's often diffucilt to tell what timeframe is more dominant at that time. While it could be argued that higher timeframe will ultimately take control, it is the lower timeframes that creates tha bars in those higher timeframes and eveything that happens on lower timeframes is reflected either as a continuation or reversal on the higher timeframe. So how do you deal with the complications associated with multiple time frames? Do you wait for trend alighnment on each of the timeframe you are monitoring or simply take trades based on the higher timeframe setup?

2. FB
      It's time to retire!
      I am:
      Busy

D'mastermind is on a distinguished road D'mastermind's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      2154.00 USD (What is this?)
      caught pokemons
      4 (What is this?)
      Thanks

In recent times I have been making use of two the most, that is the 4H time frame and the daily time frame and once the two of them have got the same trend movement, I do really take the trades and most of the times it has worked for me when the trend agrees with each other, you see we all have got different approach to trading.

Forum VIP
      I am:
      Happy

zarra is a splendid one to behold zarra is a splendid one to behold zarra is a splendid one to behold zarra is a splendid one to behold zarra is a splendid one to behold zarra is a splendid one to behold zarra is a splendid one to behold zarra's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      caught pokemons
      14 (What is this?)
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by D'mastermind View Post
      In recent times I have been making use of two the most, that is the 4H time frame and the daily time frame and once the two of them have got the same trend movement, I do really take the trades and most of the times it has worked for me when the trend agrees with each other, you see we all have got different approach to trading.
      to me, using even two timeframes was sort of a distractino, in the beginning, I would switch between timeframes starting from daily all the way fown to five minute, but over time, I found it to be really tedious thing. things got a lot better once I started using only one timeframe

Forum VIP
      I am:
      ----

amjed javed is on a distinguished road amjed javed's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      287.40 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

For long term trading i used H4 and daily time frame to understand the market trend but for scalping from M5 to H1 can be best time frame so its depend on the traders strategy and how he feel comfortable.

MT5 Maniac
      I am:
      ----

Mercy Osas will become famous soon enough Mercy Osas's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      598.00 USD (What is this?)
      caught pokemons
      7 (What is this?)
      Thanks

I use only one time frame to analyse a single pair and that is the 1hr time frame. That is what I use for taking my entry. From time to time, though, I might want to see what the long term trend is like and at such times, I can choose to view the 4hr and D1 (daily) charts as well. Not to make entry but just to have an overall view of what is going on in the currency pair.

My pips hand is weak
      I am:
      Inspired

zindex is an unknown quantity at this point zindex's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      32.20 USD (What is this?)
      caught pokemons
      2 (What is this?)
      Thanks

We should practice in one timeframe, it's my opinion as you asked. If we practice in many , this will make us confused sometimes. So for better understanding, we must should practice a specific timeframe that will make us experienced and will make us winner. If you do not understand a timeframe, you should not mess with many.

It's time to retire!
      I am:
      Cheerful

adewale has a reputation beyond repute adewale has a reputation beyond repute adewale has a reputation beyond repute adewale has a reputation beyond repute adewale has a reputation beyond repute adewale has a reputation beyond repute adewale has a reputation beyond repute adewale has a reputation beyond repute adewale has a reputation beyond repute adewale has a reputation beyond repute adewale has a reputation beyond repute adewale's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      2292.40 USD (What is this?)
      caught pokemons
      6 (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,053 Times in 755 Posts

It is not necessarily important for us to look at all the time frame just because we want to pull the trigger, we should have an overview of what is happening in the forex market generally, this we do by looking at the higher time frame like the weekly and daily, and then move Lower to make our trades.
      Jesus Loves You;Jesus Saves!

It's time to retire!
      I am:
      ----

shoab chow will become famous soon enough shoab chow will become famous soon enough shoab chow's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      2305.20 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

This is important that we should maintain the standard time frame to analyse the charts to get the accurate data and value. I have a proper plan to do that and I usually follow the H1 chart all the time and I usually follow only one pairs EUR/USD at a time.

Forum VIP
      I am:
      Happy

Accumulated bonus
      caught pokemons
      14 (What is this?)
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by adewale View Post
      It is not necessarily important for us to look at all the time frame just because we want to pull the trigger, we should have an overview of what is happening in the forex market generally, this we do by looking at the higher time frame like the weekly and daily, and then move Lower to make our trades.
      but the higher timeframes you are looking at is just a compiled data of a smaller timeframe, so the frequency of the trade is the key to which timeframes you have to look at, if you only want to hold a trade for one week, then daily charts are not necessary to look at because 4 hour chart is enough

11. <a href="http://forum.mt5.com"> </a>
      It's time to retire!
      I am:
      Chatty

systematicfx has a brilliant future systematicfx has a brilliant future systematicfx has a brilliant future systematicfx has a brilliant future systematicfx has a brilliant future systematicfx has a brilliant future systematicfx has a brilliant future systematicfx has a brilliant future systematicfx has a brilliant future systematicfx has a brilliant future systematicfx has a brilliant future systematicfx's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      3261.90 USD (What is this?)
      caught pokemons
      12 (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,684 Times in 596 Posts

actually, when it comes to timeframe i normally make use of two time frames which are the H4 and the daily time frames. they have in time proved to be very effective to me in trading. i trade using them when they synchronize with each other then i can have confidence that the market is about going my way
      IF YOU WANT TO LAST LONG IN THE MARKET THEN APPLY THIS SIMPLE METHOD

http://forum.mt5.com/showthread.php?86700-The-Splitting-lot-size-Method-of-Trading

Reply to Thread
    Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast