• Sneaky
  • Stresses
  • Tired
  • Twisted
  • Worried
  • Yeehaw
  • Reply to Thread
    Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: How long you hold your positions when trading with news? (part 2)

FX Zombie
      I am:
      Doh

qmikpl has much to be proud of qmikpl has much to be proud of qmikpl has much to be proud of qmikpl has much to be proud of qmikpl has much to be proud of qmikpl has much to be proud of qmikpl has much to be proud of qmikpl has much to be proud of qmikpl has much to be proud of qmikpl has much to be proud of qmikpl's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      218.85 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,754 Times in 768 Posts

Default How long you hold your positions when trading with news? (part 2)

Original thread: How long you hold your positions when trading with news?
      How long you hold your positions when trading with news? (2)

Quote Originally Posted by caitlinkhan View Post
      How long you hold your positions when trading at news?
      If my analysis is correct with the movement and movement of the market, then I would hold that position for a long time and use a large profit target of 200 pips. But before you want to trade with news, you must have good preparation as well as analysis before the news is released and use oders penning.
      Last edited by MT5 bozZdeviL; 03-24-2017 at 05:04 AM. Reason: Add original thread

2. Dragon
      Forex in the blood
      I am:
      ----

yulyul is an unknown quantity at this point yulyul's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      70.64 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Mostly, a trader who trade during news, will not hold their trades for a long hours. I think they will need less than a hour to hold their position. Mostly after a hour, the effect of news will be gone, then we do not need to hold our trades anymore. It will be better if we close our trades when we get profit as soon as possible

MT5 Addict
      I am:
      ----

Kacembouden is an unknown quantity at this point Kacembouden's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      67.57 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

I don't always trade at the time of high impact news but when I do .. I don't stay so much time at the market .. I close the order quickly .. because at the high impact news the price can change the direction very fast .. that's why I don't prefer trading in this condition because it so dangerous .. good luck.

It's time to retire!
      I am:
      Fine

mercyforex has a spectacular aura about mercyforex has a spectacular aura about mercyforex has a spectacular aura about mercyforex's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      4492.58 USD (What is this?)
      caught pokemons
      6 (What is this?)
      Thanks

In fact , I close all my open positions when the time is very close to the news since no one can tell the direction the market may assume upon the release of economic news.I hardly trade the news except in few cases when the deviation between the actual and forecast is so unique that it is very easy to predict the direction based on the effect of such on the market . I am more of technical analysis than for the fundamental way of trading

Banned
      I am:
      Amused

sami27 is on a distinguished road sami27's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      745.00 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

When i am trading the news in the market i can not hold my positions for too long because market can make quick reversals when the news came in the market, first of all see the news if the news is important then you need to hold your position for just few minutes and take your profits and close the trade from the market because market can reverse after few minutes....

Banned
      I am:
      Inspired

Sidraa will become famous soon enough Sidraa's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      1440.00 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

at news time and after the news time we have to keep patience and stop trading for sometime because this is the time of occurring change in the market and we should not decide our next move on that time. but after sometimes when the situation becomes clear and open for us then we can decide according to the market conditions

Forum VIP
      I am:
      Lonely

The End has a brilliant future The End has a brilliant future The End has a brilliant future The End has a brilliant future The End has a brilliant future The End has a brilliant future The End has a brilliant future The End has a brilliant future The End has a brilliant future The End has a brilliant future The End has a brilliant future The End's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      1754.72 USD (What is this?)
      caught pokemons
      2 (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,824 Times in 503 Posts

news analysis should be made in combination with the technical analysis of the chart and in my opinion if you have made the two types together you will know well how to manage your trading and how long you should hold for a trading position and when to exit from it

It's time to retire!
      I am:
      ----

shoab chow is just really nice shoab chow is just really nice shoab chow is just really nice shoab chow is just really nice shoab chow's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      4141.13 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Everything basically depends on the news and events and the situations. I am a long term trader and do not take high risk in my trading positions. So, I wait for more time to mature the trades, but in news time, I close the trade quickly as the market may get strong and it can change the direction so easily.

FX Zombie
      I am:
      Worried

srs007 is on a distinguished road srs007's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      499.11 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

I am technical analysis trader, l do not know much about news trading well. And l can not learn and practice because of some restriction. But l can learn many things about news trading . I hope it will work well. When l can get chance l hope l can do that. As a new trader l am happy and l think l will be a professional trader oneday.

FX Zombie
      I am:
      ----

maxiipus has a reputation beyond repute maxiipus has a reputation beyond repute maxiipus has a reputation beyond repute maxiipus has a reputation beyond repute maxiipus has a reputation beyond repute maxiipus has a reputation beyond repute maxiipus has a reputation beyond repute maxiipus has a reputation beyond repute maxiipus has a reputation beyond repute maxiipus has a reputation beyond repute maxiipus has a reputation beyond repute maxiipus's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      1276.57 USD (What is this?)
      caught pokemons
      2 (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 3,292 Times in 963 Posts

when a high impact news i never hold my position too long i usually let my trailing stop set so that i'm already well prepared with the market movement, better to keep well prepared and not letting our risk too high

Reply to Thread
    Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast