• Sneaky
  • Stresses
  • Tired
  • Twisted
  • Worried
  • Yeehaw
  • Reply to Thread
    Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: How long you hold your positions when trading with news? (part 2)

My charts talk to me!
      I am:
      Cheerful

stockexpert is a jewel in the rough stockexpert is a jewel in the rough stockexpert is a jewel in the rough stockexpert is a jewel in the rough stockexpert's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      86.78 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

From my view trader should book the profit when target achieved if the News is good or not in market.Sometimes market not react to the News which coming positively and falls down .so book profit when target achieved or maintaining stop loss to avoid minimum loss in market.

2. lamborghini
      MT5 Maniac
      I am:
      Inspired

UpinIpin is on a distinguished road UpinIpin's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      713.00 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Well actually I do not like to do the trading with the news but if I must to do the trading with the news then I will not let my trade open for a long time before I know the real effect of the news to the market. maybe I will do the strategy hit and run and just only take a few pips in the trade.
      Under The Earth Kingdom

Forum Guru
      I am:
      Angry

jariman is just really nice jariman is just really nice jariman is just really nice jariman is just really nice jariman's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      1,998.48 USD (What is this?)
      caught pokemons
      7 (What is this?)
      Thanks

I think, the effect of a news is only temporary. that is, a trend resulting from the news only lasted a few hours. usually the price will move in accordance with the long-term trend. for that, I only hold a position for a few moments, if I've got a profit, I immediately close the position.
      Signature removed by Passionate Pisces.

FX Vampire
      I am:
      Inspired

pipsking will become famous soon enough pipsking's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      248.50 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Trading can be a bit risky as you are not certain about the outcome of the news, it is best you stay away from news if you are not experienced but for me i do not trade news as i have not develop any strategy for trading news. Holding a position depend on the outcome of the news

It's time to retire!
      I am:
      Chatty

rahan07 has much to be proud of rahan07 has much to be proud of rahan07 has much to be proud of rahan07 has much to be proud of rahan07 has much to be proud of rahan07 has much to be proud of rahan07 has much to be proud of rahan07 has much to be proud of rahan07 has much to be proud of rahan07 has much to be proud of rahan07's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      4,422.80 USD (What is this?)
      caught pokemons
      16 (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,509 Times in 782 Posts

well in high impact news time i prefer to hold my positions for short term because sometime market start moving against after some profit so in doubt situation i really prefer to close early where as when i am sure about the market then i prefer to wait for the market.

MT5 Maniac
      I am:
      ----

springjet014 will become famous soon enough springjet014's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      658.80 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by maxiipus View Post
      when a high impact news i never hold my position too long i usually let my trailing stop set so that i'm already well prepared with the market movement, better to keep well prepared and not letting our risk too high
      I am a short term trader and I have a small capital in my account. So, I do not keep my trades for long time which can be a big mess and risky for me. I also follow the scalping strategy during the news to make money faster and I hold the position for few hours after the news is released.

Forum Guru
      I am:
      ----

keji will become famous soon enough keji will become famous soon enough keji's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      1,471.77 USD (What is this?)
      caught pokemons
      1 (What is this?)
      Thanks

I am a technical trader but rely on news for a fresh technical path to follow and besides one good thing about news is that yet it does respect technical levels so i do all i could to protect my trades as i sit back and watch as events on folds.

FX Super Hero
      I am:
      ----

paulokepaul has much to be proud of paulokepaul has much to be proud of paulokepaul has much to be proud of paulokepaul has much to be proud of paulokepaul has much to be proud of paulokepaul has much to be proud of paulokepaul has much to be proud of paulokepaul has much to be proud of paulokepaul's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      196.54 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,111 Times in 588 Posts

I can hold a trade for long time if am looking for big pips and if my analysis is correct.i will wait and make big number of profit,but in fundamental analysis where news and other related events are traded,i do not hold trade long because the impact does not last long.I close my trade after the release.

FX Zombie
      I am:
      ----

SIMPLEMAN will become famous soon enough SIMPLEMAN's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      464.80 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

i do not like trading news because on the few times that i have done so, i had only taking some gamble and i lost all, i am not too good in trading the news because most of the time, i do not always know where the direction may be for despite all fundamental awareness and understanding, yet the market may chose any direction it likes to try to stay out of the way of the news and do my trading when the market is calm and the effect of the news is gone.

MT5 Veteran
      I am:
      ----

forexhelper is a jewel in the rough forexhelper is a jewel in the rough forexhelper is a jewel in the rough forexhelper is a jewel in the rough forexhelper's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      661.91 USD (What is this?)
      caught pokemons
      7 (What is this?)
      Thanks

News is very much important in Forex business and for this reason many traders are trading with News.After publishing the news we see clear movement of the market and for this reason many accounts go to dead after news trader.Similarly many traders get success after good news.So, a trader must know how to trade in news hour.

Reply to Thread
    Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast