• Sneaky
  • Stresses
  • Tired
  • Twisted
  • Worried
  • Yeehaw
  • Reply to Thread
    Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: How long you hold your positions when trading with news? (part 2)

Will work for pips
      I am:
      Cool

M Sarez is an unknown quantity at this point M Sarez's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      12.06 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

it is good to properly analyze the past happening when the same news release in the market to consider the impact of the market, and that will enable traders to trade over professionally too, so traders should according to the impact and also the volume of transactions should hold their positions which vary in every news,

FX Zombie
      I am:
      ----

Kadiri is just really nice Kadiri is just really nice Kadiri is just really nice Kadiri is just really nice Kadiri's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      627.03 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Those who trade with the news only should not hold their winning positions for more than 20 minutes, unless the news is pushing the market price in the direction of the original trend and even in such a situations they should stick with their original targets for technical trading. The news can sometimes reverse the trend just as suddenly as it started it so if you are able to get in and get out quickly with profits then you will be safe.

Banned
      I am:
      Cheeky

zeeshaa has much to be proud of zeeshaa has much to be proud of zeeshaa has much to be proud of zeeshaa has much to be proud of zeeshaa has much to be proud of zeeshaa has much to be proud of zeeshaa has much to be proud of zeeshaa has much to be proud of zeeshaa has much to be proud of zeeshaa has much to be proud of zeeshaa's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      2,945.97 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,573 Times in 485 Posts

To trade with news we need good analysis skills of market because news trading is not easy. normally i trade for long term and trade with news some times in a month. because i,m a long term trader so it is like my habit to hold my position for some days in case of losses. it is many time happened with me when i make profit after many days running my positions on losses.

It's time to retire!
      I am:
      ----

Sid18 has a spectacular aura about Sid18 has a spectacular aura about Sid18 has a spectacular aura about Sid18's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      4,426.03 USD (What is this?)
      caught pokemons
      19 (What is this?)
      Thanks

actually i don't trade on news release in this forex trading market because i know that it is a very risky thing, but if i have to trade at that time in this forex market then i will never hold my trade for long time as news effect mostly last for very less time, so i will try to close my position just after the news completely released.

I just can't quit pips!
      I am:
      Stresses

hanker has a spectacular aura about hanker has a spectacular aura about hanker's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      1,280.06 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by qmikpl View Post
      Original thread: How long you hold your positions when trading with news?
      How long you hold your positions when trading with news? (2)

If my analysis is correct with the movement and movement of the market, then I would hold that position for a long time and use a large profit target of 200 pips. But before you want to trade with news, you must have good preparation as well as analysis before the news is released and use oders penning.
      News time is very volatile and market react abruptly. So in that time, i try to avoid trading in news. Or if i have an open position, i try to keep the trade in break even so that i may not lose money. All because i do not trade in the news time and i try to avoid the volatile market. So avoiding news time is also a better option to remain risk free

Forum Master
      I am:
      Happy

balut has a reputation beyond repute balut has a reputation beyond repute balut has a reputation beyond repute balut has a reputation beyond repute balut has a reputation beyond repute balut has a reputation beyond repute balut has a reputation beyond repute balut has a reputation beyond repute balut has a reputation beyond repute balut has a reputation beyond repute balut has a reputation beyond repute balut's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      2,480.23 USD (What is this?)
      caught pokemons
      1 (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 8,419 Times in 2,322 Posts

Typically trading the news should last a couple of hours or before the end of London session because I only need to capture the sudden reaction of the market. But sometimes I can hold it for a couple of days as long as my trend bias is still intact. We have nothing to fear in news trading if we follow the major trend.

FX Zombie
      I am:
      ----

Indrex2D has a spectacular aura about Indrex2D has a spectacular aura about Indrex2D has a spectacular aura about Indrex2D's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      633.42 USD (What is this?)
      caught pokemons
      1 (What is this?)
      Thanks

Actually I have a new way of trading news report, most times I don't place pending orders anymore when trading pending orders because I have noticed sometimes it hits nboth direction and then end up in a loss, so I think one of the best ways now is to make sure that I let the news strike and then enter the direction which the news favours after the report.

MT5 Resident
      I am:
      Brooding

Mkape is a splendid one to behold Mkape is a splendid one to behold Mkape is a splendid one to behold Mkape is a splendid one to behold Mkape is a splendid one to behold Mkape is a splendid one to behold Mkape's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      1,699.05 USD (What is this?)
      caught pokemons
      7 (What is this?)
      Thanks

before you enter a trade you should have a desired profit target and this target is not constrained by the time but rather by the trading style for if you are a day trader then you cannot hold it longer than a day but for an intra day trader they may hold their trades for several days
      A friend is one who believes in you
      even when you have lost hope on yourself.

My Trading Journal: King of many trades

MT5 Maniac
      I am:
      ----

tahiri has much to be proud of tahiri has much to be proud of tahiri has much to be proud of tahiri has much to be proud of tahiri has much to be proud of tahiri has much to be proud of tahiri has much to be proud of tahiri has much to be proud of tahiri has much to be proud of tahiri has much to be proud of tahiri's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      947.96 USD (What is this?)
      caught pokemons
      2 (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,484 Times in 736 Posts

trading based on fundamental news is not easy like most of traders think, it requieres speed and focus in your trade the time when these news release, you cant hold your position longer while trading the news, several minutes are enough to get the profit, from 1 to 20 minutes is the ideale period should your trade take before get out from the market.

I just can't quit pips!
      I am:
      ----

22gostfx has a spectacular aura about 22gostfx has a spectacular aura about 22gostfx has a spectacular aura about 22gostfx's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      781.10 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

I can only hold the position as long as the news can entertain, secondly as long as my chart analysis has favored my direction I will stop disturbing myself with the news because sometimes the news just serve as disturbance as it may end up not changing anything.

Reply to Thread
    Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast