• Worried
  • Yeehaw
  • Reply to Thread
    Page 2 of 125 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Alexander Tatsumaki's trading journal

My charts talk to me!
      I am:
      ----

Greentrader is a name known to all Greentrader is a name known to all Greentrader is a name known to all Greentrader is a name known to all Greentrader is a name known to all Greentrader is a name known to all Greentrader's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      570.41 USD (What is this?)
      caught pokemons
      4 (What is this?)
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander Tatsumaki View Post
      Welcome to the .. mashed up journal.

I trade several systems or i should say accounts using my symbiosis system. In this journal i aim to show some of them. This is because of time and also because i feel that i do not need really to explain everything. Expect to see updates every other day about things i deem interesting concerning my way of trading here.

Most of the trading done here is done on an intraday basis. The accounts rang in size from 10 dollars up to 100k+. I may chose to not show equity of entry size of positions. All the trades here are done by me and can also be of private clients. Almost all the accounts use standard lot size (1 lot = 100k), meaning not instaforex lot size.

---------- Post added at 11:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 AM ----------

starting this out with a "standard" short position. my overall position on #eurusd is short, here i am showing a scenario where i would enter short. in this case i do not enter on this signal i just made sure that i was aligned with my overall idea about this chart.

signal short is in the PA on the recent high to the right.

---------- Post added at 08:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 AM ----------

the double green lows signify strength. notice how they create a top which later is re-touched, this signifies loss of upward movement. again at the red square a short PA formation (evening star) doubly underlines this.

also look at how the macd shows the force, compare to the significant areas.

with a short like this i placed the pending buy stop above the red and orange square areas, adding some 15 pips.
      Are you really using these timeframes charts to catch signals for your intraday trading? I mostly use H1 or H4 for intraday and D1 to confirm future market trend on long term basis. In my view a short on that level requires very low TPs and it would be more profitable to go long in a overnight trade as the market sentiment remains bullish...
      “Know when you’re getting out before you get in.” Jack Schwager

Bangla Forex School

2. The following 3 users say Thank You to Greentrader for this useful post.

dzin4aans (06-03-2017), NikitaBelle (06-03-2017), PhantomTrader79 (06-03-2017)

MT5 Veteran
      I am:
      Cool

Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      3067.40 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 7,945 Times in 2,695 Posts

Are you really using these timeframes charts to catch signals for your intraday trading?
      yes. h1 usually, is my favorite. m15 if i know i will time, but i don't ..

I mostly use H1 or H4 for intraday and D1 to confirm future market trend on long term basis. In my view a short on that level requires very low TPs and it would be more profitable to go long in a overnight trade as the market sentiment remains bullish.
      it's all relative.

i may get more trades done on an h1 compared to fewer over night swing trades.

talking about sentiment, well i don't even use that.

and sure longer timeframes are more profitable just because of spread but who has the time to wait around for that. i bank a lot from commissions in between spreads, meaning the volume of many trades and shorter timeframes pay me somewhat more then trading slowly etc..

The Symbiosis mashed up Trading Journal
      <--

Winner of Best answers contest!

4. The following 5 users say Thank You to Alexander Tatsumaki for this useful post.

dzin4aans (06-03-2017), GhostMode (09-02-2018), Greentrader (06-03-2017), NikitaBelle (06-03-2017), PhantomTrader79 (06-03-2017)

I just can't quit pips!
      I am:
      Tired

Soldier has a brilliant future Soldier has a brilliant future Soldier has a brilliant future Soldier has a brilliant future Soldier has a brilliant future Soldier has a brilliant future Soldier has a brilliant future Soldier has a brilliant future Soldier has a brilliant future Soldier has a brilliant future Soldier has a brilliant future Soldier's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      2317.73 USD (What is this?)
      caught pokemons
      1 (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,702 Times in 535 Posts

Loving the clean charts and welcome back to logging everything in a journal, it certainly helps a bit when you interact with others about trading and possibly share your thoughts with them. Looking forward to seeing how this will go.
      My Trading Journal: The Loser Cruiser [Active Now]

“If not us, then who? If not now, then when?”

6. The following 4 users say Thank You to Soldier for this useful post.

Alexander Tatsumaki (06-03-2017), dzin4aans (06-03-2017), NikitaBelle (06-04-2017), PhantomTrader79 (06-03-2017)

MT5 Veteran
      I am:
      Cool

Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      Thanks

about the "protective stops"
      i call them "pendings" which is short for pending orders.

starting out i want to say that for each position in symbiosis there should be another reverse pending order to match the balance, making it zero.
      example: a position of net long 1 lot should have a matching 1 lot sell stop, making the balance zero.

things start to change when and if that 1 lot long goes into profit and i chose to make it "zero risk", i lock the position by creating a stop loss above the 1 lot. the offset, difference, between the entry and actual stop loss is the amount that is locked.
      when this is done the matching sell stop to that 1 lot long has to be removed. since a locked position is deemed not having risk = there should not be a sell stop there.

1 lot long becoming locked -> removal of the sell stop => making balance, symbiosis.

it all though starts becoming a little bit complicated when we start talking about locking positions and comparing entering positions. at a first glance it may, and will, look like the pending orders and entry sizes of positions are the same. they are equal in size.
      but as we go along with the trading we see that they are not really. where as the entry size of positions always are determined by a formula the pending orders use a similar but different one. the restriction is how many pending orders we will have. i personally most often use 3 pending orders to create my balance.

example: the net position is 3 lots long, i will have 3 different sell stops of the size 1 lot each. making balance
      example: the net position is 6 lots long, i will have 3 different sell stops of the size 2 lots each. making balance.

there is also the odd example, where i chose to place the extra amount on the final pending stop.
      example: the net position is 3.1 lots long, i will have 3 different sell stops of the size 1 lot each. but the last sell stop, that is the lowest away will have 1.1 size. making balance

---------- Post added at 11:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 AM ----------

Loving the clean charts and welcome back to logging everything in a journal
      thank you

i should say i already have this logged in a 30 page manual though.

---------- Post added at 11:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 AM ----------

here is a picture:

<--

8. The following 5 users say Thank You to Alexander Tatsumaki for this useful post.

dzin4aans (06-03-2017), ilyas_ili (10-22-2017), NikitaBelle (06-04-2017), PhantomTrader79 (06-03-2017), union12 (04-15-2018)

My charts talk to me!
      I am:
      ----

Greentrader is a name known to all Greentrader is a name known to all Greentrader is a name known to all Greentrader is a name known to all Greentrader is a name known to all Greentrader is a name known to all Greentrader's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      570.41 USD (What is this?)
      caught pokemons
      4 (What is this?)
      Thanks

yes. h1 usually, is my favorite. m15 if i know i will time, but i don't ..

it's all relative.

i may get more trades done on an h1 compared to fewer over night swing trades.

talking about sentiment, well i don't even use that.

and sure longer timeframes are more profitable just because of spread but who has the time to wait around for that. i bank a lot from commissions in between spreads, meaning the volume of many trades and shorter timeframes pay me somewhat more then trading slowly etc..
      I got yyour point but I don't get anything from comissions per lots traded so I prefer to get more pips per trade and avoid intraday trading. If your goal is to get comissions so intraday is the best option.
      “Know when you’re getting out before you get in.” Jack Schwager

Bangla Forex School

10. The following 3 users say Thank You to Greentrader for this useful post.

dzin4aans (06-04-2017), NikitaBelle (06-04-2017), PhantomTrader79 (06-05-2017)

MT5 Veteran
      I am:
      Cool

Accumulated bonus
      Thanks

so I prefer to get more pips per trade and avoid intraday trading.
      actually, even disregarding the commission per trade swing trading is better. i just feel that i am closer to how the market acts when i am on a h1 chart. i can't be much faster then that, i simply don't have time. so i am choosing to be as close as possible to what the market is doing but being on the fastest chart that i consistently can use.

<--

12. The following 3 users say Thank You to Alexander Tatsumaki for this useful post.

dzin4aans (06-04-2017), NikitaBelle (06-04-2017), PhantomTrader79 (06-05-2017)

MT5 Veteran
      I am:
      Cool

Accumulated bonus
      Thanks

on this picture we see a simple short.. (simple, yea) '

while here we see a much larger picture. is this short the start of the bigger, megacycle going down? who knows. but if we do go all the way down then look at the lows on the other side of the kumo. we do see the center on both pictures though, it's just that on the first one the center is the low while in the bigger perspective the center is just that and the lows are the ones on the other side of kumo. maybe somebody will understand

---------- Post added 06-07-2017 at 11:07 AM ---------- Previous post was 06-06-2017 at 11:51 AM ----------

today i have decided to tighten up all my accounts vs the euro, that pretty much means all of them. because of the "news" or bla bla that is supposed to appear tomorrow, we all know that it is already factored in, regardless .. my trading now goes into the defensive mode automatically.

the symbiosis trading method is divided into 3 different running "modes" and they have differing characteristics as well as pre-requisites, when to enter the mode:

Offensive Mode
      Defensive Mode
      Protection Mode

The first mode is where the system starts. This is where we are allowed to take any long/short, at above or below the kumo. regardless of what price we have and how the chart looks. All is good and nothing really is at risk.

The second mode is where the system starts to tighten up. Here the free margin percent is less then 5000% and the account only puts on new positions that "gives more margin back". That can be done for example by adding a small counter position to the current net position.
      Example: net position is 10 lots long, adding a 1 lot short to this gives an overall better position where free margin is concerned.

The last mode is where we really close it all. The addition from the above mode is the pending positions, these are ofc dubblechecked and moved closer. They will be fewer in number, usually a total of 3. If the weekend is close i may here chose to completely hedge the account. Here complete hedge means that i would add a position to the account that is exactly equal to the current net position, ofc there also removing any pending positions.

<--

14. The following 5 users say Thank You to Alexander Tatsumaki for this useful post.

dzin4aans (06-06-2017), Georges (06-08-2017), ilyas_ili (10-26-2017), NikitaBelle (06-06-2017), PhantomTrader79 (06-07-2017)

It's time to retire!
      I am:
      Cheerful

NikitaBelle has a reputation beyond repute NikitaBelle has a reputation beyond repute NikitaBelle has a reputation beyond repute NikitaBelle has a reputation beyond repute NikitaBelle has a reputation beyond repute NikitaBelle has a reputation beyond repute NikitaBelle has a reputation beyond repute NikitaBelle has a reputation beyond repute NikitaBelle has a reputation beyond repute NikitaBelle has a reputation beyond repute NikitaBelle has a reputation beyond repute NikitaBelle's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      10905.17 USD (What is this?)
      caught pokemons
      34 (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 27,027 Times in 7,461 Posts

the symbiosis trading method is divided into 3 different running "modes" and they have differing characteristics as well as pre-requisites, when to enter the mode:

Offensive Mode
      Defensive Mode
      Protection Mode

Wow, it's like war! just the way I imagined it to be, I mean like playing a game in a battlefield. All the right ingredients should be present: the offensive mode, defensive mode and the protection mode. You give a whole new meaning to trading! Please continue Alex, very interesting!
      Am still hibernating, will wake up one day, all depends on fate. Hope to see you all-soon! Miss you all friends!

16. The following 2 users say Thank You to NikitaBelle for this useful post.

dzin4aans (06-07-2017), PhantomTrader79 (06-07-2017)

MT5 Veteran
      I am:
      Cool

Accumulated bonus
      Thanks

Please continue Alex, very interesting!
      well yes, it has to be. the position size has to be dynamic, the risk and placement of pending orders has to be, where are the placed, what is the market conditions vs the account position, is the account strong or not.. there are many things to consider. add on top of that reading the price with levels and the oscillator.

more examples will come. feel free to test this out though

<--

18. The following 3 users say Thank You to Alexander Tatsumaki for this useful post.

dzin4aans (06-07-2017), NikitaBelle (06-07-2017), PhantomTrader79 (06-07-2017)

Super Moderator
      I am:
      Fine

PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79's Avatar
      Thanks
      Thanked 36,043 Times in 8,468 Posts

on this picture we see a simple short.. (simple, yea) '

while here we see a much larger picture. is this short the start of the bigger, megacycle going down? who knows. but if we do go all the way down then look at the lows on the other side of the kumo. we do see the center on both pictures though, it's just that on the first one the center is the low while in the bigger perspective the center is just that and the lows are the ones on the other side of kumo. maybe somebody will understand

---------- Post added 06-07-2017 at 11:07 AM ---------- Previous post was 06-06-2017 at 11:51 AM ----------

today i have decided to tighten up all my accounts vs the euro, that pretty much means all of them. because of the "news" or bla bla that is supposed to appear tomorrow, we all know that it is already factored in, regardless .. my trading now goes into the defensive mode automatically.

Offensive Mode
      Defensive Mode
      Protection Mode

The first mode is where the system starts. This is where we are allowed to take any long/short, at above or below the kumo. regardless of what price we have and how the chart looks. All is good and nothing really is at risk.

The second mode is where the system starts to tighten up. Here the free margin percent is less then 5000% and the account only puts on new positions that "gives more margin back". That can be done for example by adding a small counter position to the current net position.
      Example: net position is 10 lots long, adding a 1 lot short to this gives an overall better position where free margin is concerned.

The last mode is where we really close it all. The addition from the above mode is the pending positions, these are ofc dubblechecked and moved closer. They will be fewer in number, usually a total of 3. If the weekend is close i may here chose to completely hedge the account. Here complete hedge means that i would add a position to the account that is exactly equal to the current net position, ofc there also removing any pending positions.
      That's GU H1 yes?
      It's bullish until it become bearish. But obviously there are traders like yourself who have advanced look into the moving dynamics of the market.

20. The following 3 users say Thank You to PhantomTrader79 for this useful post.

Alexander Tatsumaki (06-07-2017), dzin4aans (06-07-2017), NikitaBelle (06-07-2017)

Reply to Thread
    Page 2 of 125 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 7 ... LastLast