• Worried
  • Yeehaw
  • Reply to Thread
    Page 3 of 115 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Alexander Tatsumaki's trading journal

MT5 Veteran
      I am:
      Cool

Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      3067.40 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 7,790 Times in 2,631 Posts

That's GU H1 yes?
      indeed.

that chart is currently fully locked. if i have my way i won't trade it again until friday. but we will see about that.

The Symbiosis mashed up Trading Journal
      <--

Winner of Best answers contest!

2. The following 3 users say Thank You to Alexander Tatsumaki for this useful post.

dzin4aans (06-07-2017), NikitaBelle (06-07-2017), PhantomTrader79 (06-08-2017)

My charts talk to me!
      I am:
      ----

Greentrader is a name known to all Greentrader is a name known to all Greentrader is a name known to all Greentrader is a name known to all Greentrader is a name known to all Greentrader is a name known to all Greentrader's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      570.41 USD (What is this?)
      caught pokemons
      4 (What is this?)
      Thanks

today i have decided to tighten up all my accounts vs the euro, that pretty much means all of them. because of the "news" or bla bla that is supposed to appear tomorrow, we all know that it is already factored in, regardless .. my trading now goes into the defensive mode automatically.

the symbiosis trading method is divided into 3 different running "modes" and they have differing characteristics as well as pre-requisites, when to enter the mode:

Offensive Mode
      Defensive Mode
      Protection Mode

The first mode is where the system starts. This is where we are allowed to take any long/short, at above or below the kumo. regardless of what price we have and how the chart looks. All is good and nothing really is at risk.

The second mode is where the system starts to tighten up. Here the free margin percent is less then 5000% and the account only puts on new positions that "gives more margin back". That can be done for example by adding a small counter position to the current net position.
      Example: net position is 10 lots long, adding a 1 lot short to this gives an overall better position where free margin is concerned.

The last mode is where we really close it all. The addition from the above mode is the pending positions, these are ofc dubblechecked and moved closer. They will be fewer in number, usually a total of 3. If the weekend is close i may here chose to completely hedge the account. Here complete hedge means that i would add a position to the account that is exactly equal to the current net position, ofc there also removing any pending positions.
      The best time to trade euro or any other currency is before news but only when you're sure about the effect of the next news. No experienced trader will open a trade when market already reacted to the news. Only few traders can get info before others and those are the ones who benefict the most. Trading news without special sources is very risky and its better to stay away during such periods.

For me the best protection mode occurs when your account has no open and no pending orders. Hedging exist to increase the trading volume and for those who earn money per lot traded. Sooner or later the hedging positions will have to be closed when trader need to cashout profits from such positions!
      “Know when you’re getting out before you get in.” Jack Schwager

Bangla Forex School

4. The following 3 users say Thank You to Greentrader for this useful post.

dzin4aans (06-07-2017), NikitaBelle (06-07-2017), PhantomTrader79 (06-08-2017)

MT5 Veteran
      I am:
      Cool

Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      Thanks

No experienced trader will open a trade when market already reacted to the news.
      actually i strongly disagree.

i take it as per definition that the market after a news event is calm, and has made it's move. this is what i assume you refer to.

take this system as an example; it is by definition a counter-trend system. when the market is going up i will start adding shorts. firstly to offset any imbalance that there may be. if i am net long and i have sell stops to use then the long positions may be locked and/or the sell stops later used to enter the market. all at a better price. the system assumed that eventually the market does come back, while this is not always the case that is also not needed for the system to be profitable. as profits are made along the way of the markets pulses.

now if the market has made a move, lets say up. then i will be adding shorts with this system. all the signals will probably be there for me to go short. if i am correct i have a very good entry and if i am not i make use of the short positions to counter-weigh other newer positions that may happen later on. so as you see an experienced trader, me having 7 years, does trade like that.

<--

6. The following 3 users say Thank You to Alexander Tatsumaki for this useful post.

dzin4aans (06-07-2017), NikitaBelle (06-08-2017), PhantomTrader79 (06-08-2017)

My charts talk to me!
      I am:
      ----

Greentrader is a name known to all Greentrader is a name known to all Greentrader is a name known to all Greentrader is a name known to all Greentrader is a name known to all Greentrader is a name known to all Greentrader's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      caught pokemons
      4 (What is this?)
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander Tatsumaki View Post
      actually i strongly disagree.

i take it as per definition that the market after a news event is calm, and has made it's move. this is what i assume you refer to.

take this system as an example; it is by definition a counter-trend system. when the market is going up i will start adding shorts. firstly to offset any imbalance that there may be. if i am net long and i have sell stops to use then the long positions may be locked and/or the sell stops later used to enter the market. all at a better price. the system assumed that eventually the market does come back, while this is not always the case that is also not needed for the system to be profitable. as profits are made along the way of the markets pulses.

now if the market has made a move, lets say up. then i will be adding shorts with this system. all the signals will probably be there for me to go short. if i am correct i have a very good entry and if i am not i make use of the short positions to counter-weigh other newer positions that may happen later on. so as you see an experienced trader, me having 7 years, does trade like that.
      Well what I tried to say applies to experienced "news" traders who know well the right timing to get in and get out the trading. But that its for news trading strategy. For other type of strategies and other trading profiles a flatted market can probably be better.

I stop using hedging positions a long time ago. If I get a sell signal and I still have a long position I close the long first and then open a short. For me only 1 side position at the time. Personally I think this is the best system as its more clear and it does not put traders in a long waiting to close positions. Don't forget that some traders pay overnight rates so its not profitable keep trades opened for long time using a hedging system. I'm not sure about your average duration of your trades but my its about 2-3 days max.

Bangla Forex School

8. The following 3 users say Thank You to Greentrader for this useful post.

MT5 Veteran
      I am:
      Cool

Accumulated bonus
      Thanks

I'm not sure about your average duration of your trades but my its about 2-3 days max.
      it is 5-6 days. i have a few years worth of my**book data

I stop using hedging positions a long time ago. If I get a sell signal and I still have a long position I close the long first and then open a short
      i understand that. that way of trading is though aggressive, my style is all but. however, in the first operating mode of the system any signal can be taken.. something to consider. i do not close a position like that though. simply because it takes away the possibility for profit there. and doing the math; lock one and trail another wins over close one and open another, this the reason why i do it.

<--

10. The following 3 users say Thank You to Alexander Tatsumaki for this useful post.

It's time to retire!
      I am:
      Fine

Kalex has a reputation beyond repute Kalex has a reputation beyond repute Kalex has a reputation beyond repute Kalex has a reputation beyond repute Kalex has a reputation beyond repute Kalex has a reputation beyond repute Kalex has a reputation beyond repute Kalex has a reputation beyond repute Kalex has a reputation beyond repute Kalex has a reputation beyond repute Kalex has a reputation beyond repute Kalex's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      5160.00 USD (What is this?)
      caught pokemons
      4 (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 6,466 Times in 1,924 Posts

i understand that. that way of trading is though aggressive, my style is all but. however, in the first operating mode of the system any signal can be taken.. something to consider. i do not close a position like that though. simply because it takes away the possibility for profit there. and doing the math; lock one and trail another wins over close one and open another, this the reason why i do it.
      I saw that you are very good of controlling the hedging system ,can you please give some tips in hedging because all the time i tried ,i failed .Its good for martangle system or we can go for any other simple hedging systems .

12. The following 3 users say Thank You to Kalex for this useful post.

dzin4aans (06-09-2017), NikitaBelle (06-08-2017), PhantomTrader79 (06-08-2017)

MT5 Veteran
      I am:
      Cool

Accumulated bonus
      Thanks

Its good for martangle system or we can go for any other simple hedging systems
      it's not good to use the standard martingale "system" for anything imo, but other hedging systems .. i don't really know what you mean there.

can you please give some tips in hedging because all the time i tried ,i failed
      yes i can give many tips. but i do need to see what you did with you trades. if i see how much equity, what positions, how much risk, then yes i can give many tips. but without that it is hard for me to say much that's useful.

<--

14. The following 3 users say Thank You to Alexander Tatsumaki for this useful post.

dzin4aans (06-09-2017), NikitaBelle (06-08-2017), PhantomTrader79 (06-11-2017)

My charts talk to me!
      I am:
      ----

Accumulated bonus
      caught pokemons
      4 (What is this?)
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander Tatsumaki View Post
      and doing the math; lock one and trail another wins over close one and open another, this the reason why i do it.
      Doing my math when you open 2 trades you'll pay less spreads and comissions than 3 trades. Less number of trades means less spread/comissions to pay. A locked position its a dead position because it does not give you any profit/loss and in non swap accounts you'll be charged everyday with swaps ... Trading its always risky and you can only manage the risk. Hedging only hold your profits temporaly but it doesn't release it to give you more margin and liquidity. As I said before I see hedging as another way to control risk but not as a strategy to make more profit....

Bangla Forex School

16. The following 2 users say Thank You to Greentrader for this useful post.

dzin4aans (06-09-2017), PhantomTrader79 (06-11-2017)

MT5 Veteran
      I am:
      Cool

Accumulated bonus
      Thanks

I see hedging as another way to control risk but not as a strategy to make more profit
      here the hedging is the strategy though.

when you open 2 trades you'll pay less spreads and comissions than 3 trades
      this is incorrect. or i should say it depends. if i open 2 long poisitions i will pay 2x, if i open 3 long positions i will pay 3x.

with hedging though this is different. if i open 1 long and one short position i will pay 1x - 1x = 0. if i open 2 long positions and 1 short position i will pay 2x - 1x = 1x. here 3 positions are open at the same cost (withheld equity) of 1 position.

A locked position its a dead position because it does not give you any profit/loss and in non swap accounts you'll be charged everyday with swaps
      swap is a non-issue. if people can't beat that then there is another problem entirely, but you have a point.

a locked position is profit waiting to happen. the locked position can grow stronger or it can hit the lock point, stop loss. here there is zero risk, albeit there is no such thing as zero risk in **.

if we break it down, it can look like this

both of these are profitable, 100% win ratio.
      have profit -> close and take profit
      have profit -> lock and profit is safe

have profit and hedges -> can open another position for "free"
      have profit closes profit -> can open another position but here we have to pay

in the above scenario we are left with half the margin to play with, this is certainly a factor when we look at profitability.

Hedging only hold your profits temporaly but it doesn't release it to give you more margin and liquidity.
      as you see with my above, and yes very crude, explanation hedging does indeed give more margin and thus more liquidity to use for trading.

<--

18. The following 3 users say Thank You to Alexander Tatsumaki for this useful post.

dzin4aans (06-09-2017), NikitaBelle (06-09-2017), PhantomTrader79 (06-11-2017)

It's time to retire!
      I am:
      Cheerful

adewale has a reputation beyond repute adewale has a reputation beyond repute adewale has a reputation beyond repute adewale has a reputation beyond repute adewale has a reputation beyond repute adewale has a reputation beyond repute adewale has a reputation beyond repute adewale has a reputation beyond repute adewale has a reputation beyond repute adewale has a reputation beyond repute adewale has a reputation beyond repute adewale's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      4438.85 USD (What is this?)
      caught pokemons
      6 (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 7,966 Times in 2,814 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Greentrader View Post
      The best time to trade euro or any other currency is before news but only when you're sure about the effect of the next news. No experienced trader will open a trade when market already reacted to the news. Only few traders can get info before others and those are the ones who benefict the most. Trading news without special sources is very risky and its better to stay away during such periods.

For me the best protection mode occurs when your account has no open and no pending orders. Hedging exist to increase the trading volume and for those who earn money per lot traded. Sooner or later the hedging positions will have to be closed when trader need to cashout profits from such positions!
      I am awed by the way some people take trades, for me news trading is a big no, another thing that I cannot attempt is hedging, well I guess that is why one man's food is another man's poison, there are people that are expert at hedging, kudos to them, the goal is to use what you are most comfortable with.
      Check Out My Journal My Ichimoku+200 EMA Strategy

Jesus Loves You;Jesus Saves!

20. The following 2 users say Thank You to adewale for this useful post.

dzin4aans (06-09-2017), PhantomTrader79 (06-11-2017)

Reply to Thread
    Page 3 of 115 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 8 ... LastLast