• Worried
  • Yeehaw
  • Reply to Thread
    Page 68 of 115 FirstFirst ... 63 66 67 68 69 70 73 ... LastLast

Thread: Alexander Tatsumaki's trading journal

MT5 Resident
      I am:
      Happy

balut has a reputation beyond repute balut has a reputation beyond repute balut has a reputation beyond repute balut has a reputation beyond repute balut has a reputation beyond repute balut has a reputation beyond repute balut has a reputation beyond repute balut has a reputation beyond repute balut has a reputation beyond repute balut has a reputation beyond repute balut has a reputation beyond repute balut's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      2480.23 USD (What is this?)
      caught pokemons
      1 (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 5,126 Times in 1,427 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander Tatsumaki View Post
      that is because:

using only TP = agressive
      using only SL = defensive

if i was using TP how would i place the protecting order? i'd have to have double the amount of them. look at this example:

long 1 lot.
      sell stop below
      -------
      this creates balance, and it is how i do it

long 1 lot , with tp 10 pips
      sell stop below
      buy stop above long
      ---------
      this creates balance with one extra order, but it is more susceptible to chop and mathematical loss due to the law of "outcomes". not sure about how to translate the math to english, sorry.

the way i do it is i clear the positions and let price go my way. it works sometimes..
      Now I understand it, thanks. I think this practice is best done on a swap free account or with a cheap swap rate.
      I have a full hedge in GBPCHF 0.03 sell + 0.03 buy for 45 days and it gives a total of $9.51 swap interest for the sell positions.

2. The following 2 users say Thank You to balut for this useful post.

Alexander Tatsumaki (02-13-2018), forexguy9 (02-13-2018)

3. ForexCopy
      MT5 Veteran
      I am:
      Cool

Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      3067.40 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 7,790 Times in 2,631 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by balut View Post
      Now I understand it, thanks. I think this practice is best done on a swap free account or with a cheap swap rate.
      I have a full hedge in GBPCHF 0.03 sell + 0.03 buy for 45 days and it gives a total of $9.51 swap interest for the sell positions.
      sure no prob

but swap does not matter. it has less of an impact then spread. and i have been trading with 5 pip spread for a long time.

for both of them together you mean. i think.

you need to pick one direction here and add 1 order that you enter the market with and then add another order that is a pending one. this way you can have a chance to be right and make money on that pair. if you are right then you can do it again and eventually you can unlock the "full hedge" or make enough profit so that you can close the both of them and be in profit regardless.

The Symbiosis mashed up Trading Journal
      <--

Winner of Best answers contest!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Alexander Tatsumaki For This Useful Post:

balut (02-14-2018)

It's time to retire!
      I am:
      Happy

forexguy9 has a reputation beyond repute forexguy9 has a reputation beyond repute forexguy9 has a reputation beyond repute forexguy9 has a reputation beyond repute forexguy9 has a reputation beyond repute forexguy9 has a reputation beyond repute forexguy9 has a reputation beyond repute forexguy9 has a reputation beyond repute forexguy9 has a reputation beyond repute forexguy9 has a reputation beyond repute forexguy9 has a reputation beyond repute forexguy9's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      3842.09 USD (What is this?)
      caught pokemons
      2 (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 3,904 Times in 1,433 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander Tatsumaki View Post
      I think you've misunderstood it.

I don't use TP at all. It's a comparison with grid system and mine.

Also I wouldn't add another trade in reverse if the one was wrong. I would add another position if I was wrong and the pending one already hit.

On the other hand if a position that at first was wrong and outside of profit then as it later comes into profit, I would lock that when the market told me that it possibility didn't want to go any further.

---------- Post added at 09:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:13 PM ----------

so market has been open for an hour or so .. EU and UJ open with no gap, GU open with 8 pips down. in other words no problemos
      hmm, good explanations, mate. i seem to have interest in this system of yours. i believe i will need to go through it all over again. i will come up with questions, so, please do find time to explain. keep up the work you are doing. you are an asset in this forum.
      ''Too many times we settle into a set way of thinking and accept limitations that need not be placed on us'' -John C. Maxwell

Hedging Edge: Heading For $6 Million!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to forexguy9 For This Useful Post:

Alexander Tatsumaki (02-13-2018)

MT5 Veteran
      I am:
      Cool

Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by forexguy9 View Post
      hmm, good explanations, mate. i seem to have interest in this system of yours. i believe i will need to go through it all over again. i will come up with questions, so, please do find time to explain. keep up the work you are doing. you are an asset in this forum.
      thank you.

just ask questions, you will get answers

---------- Post added at 12:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 AM ----------

this situation is similar to what i have currently in UJ. it happens often and is nothing special. i deal with this EVERY DAY. don't worry!

https://imgur.com/DFG1TF5

positions breakdown:
      A) initial position long 1.3 lots
      B) sell 0.95, this came on as a sell stop and is now filled
      C) this is my second long position, long 1.3. i added this because i again think the market will go up.
      D) the two pending sell stops are my balance for the hedge. they total 1.65 lots short and is exactly what i need to make the balance zero.

if price goes up i make profit, flat out. in fact if price comes up to my first long position i can close all of these and remove the pending orders. i will be in overall profit. this is what will do here.

on the other hand if price goes down and fills the sell stop 0.95 in the market i will do 2 things, firstly i will lock the sell 0.95 with a stop loss under it and secondly i will make new pending orders under all of this. this is because the distance in pips, which is pre-determined, is enough and says that i must lock the order that is in profit. in this case that would be the current 0.95 sell order.

now i could go on and talk about scenarios but this is one step in the process. sometimes it is enough with 1 step, sometimes it takes 2 .. sometimes 5.

---------- Post added 02-14-2018 at 12:03 AM ---------- Previous post was 02-13-2018 at 12:01 PM ----------

and here is how it looks when a cycle is finished. all positions closed, arrow shows where in white. the pending orders, on and off are shown by the yellow arrows. now the trading starts again, when i see something interesting that is.

https://imgur.com/adioq6a

<--

9. The following 2 users say Thank You to Alexander Tatsumaki for this useful post.

FlyingShark (02-14-2018), MartyFish (02-13-2018)

It's time to retire!
      I am:
      ----

ehizmac has much to be proud of ehizmac has much to be proud of ehizmac has much to be proud of ehizmac has much to be proud of ehizmac has much to be proud of ehizmac has much to be proud of ehizmac has much to be proud of ehizmac has much to be proud of ehizmac has much to be proud of ehizmac has much to be proud of ehizmac's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      3319.13 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,401 Times in 611 Posts

Nice one mate and if I may ask how has the system profit been consistently, because I have come to understand that most people that makes money from this business are not doing the conventional buy and sell rather there is either a system of hedging or gird trading.

11. The following 3 users say Thank You to ehizmac for this useful post.

Alexander Tatsumaki (02-14-2018), Unregistered (2)

MT5 Veteran
      I am:
      Cool

Accumulated bonus
      Thanks

Nice one mate and if I may ask how has the system profit been consistently
      thank you.

if you check the thread you will find many screen shoots showing how it has been doing. it's been doing good

I have come to understand that most people that makes money from this business are not doing the conventional buy and sell rather there is either a system of hedging or gird trading.
      i can't answer that. i have no idea what other people do, who they are or if they make profit. this is not really shown somewhere. it is only if people like to post about their trading that we see it. there could be many people doing this hedging or there could be only 1, i can't know this.

---------- Post added at 10:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 AM ----------

and the examples continue, today i wake up and the account is fully hedged.

it looks like this:

https://imgur.com/E54LtUa

i don't know what price will do but most likely one of two things will happen, i will either add a short or a long. this will probably happen in the areas shown by the yellow squares.

---------- Post added at 10:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 AM ----------

i must add one thing, because there now are more then 2 positions that are not in profit. the EA will be set to close everything a few pips (2-3) over the previous high of equity. this number is seen on balance and i simply add the positions size x 3 pips on top of that as a target. i can't show my EA, i can but i won't, so you cannot really see how this is done

<--

13. The following 3 users say Thank You to Alexander Tatsumaki for this useful post.

MartyFish (02-14-2018), Unregistered (2)

MT5 Veteran
      I am:
      Busy

FlyingShark has a reputation beyond repute FlyingShark has a reputation beyond repute FlyingShark has a reputation beyond repute FlyingShark has a reputation beyond repute FlyingShark has a reputation beyond repute FlyingShark has a reputation beyond repute FlyingShark has a reputation beyond repute FlyingShark has a reputation beyond repute FlyingShark has a reputation beyond repute FlyingShark has a reputation beyond repute FlyingShark has a reputation beyond repute FlyingShark's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      2054.50 USD (What is this?)
      caught pokemons
      5 (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,977 Times in 1,261 Posts

i don't know what price will do but most likely one of two things will happen, i will either add a short or a long. this will probably happen in the areas shown by the yellow squares.
      It is a short, I can see it how, because the price is pushing up looking to end this trend. The most interesting part of your strategy is that all ends in profit, but who can leave open positions at the night without an expert helping hand? I like the idea anyway. My goal for the future - after a huge amount of trading data will be to close my position/s earlier without hitting a target like, support, or resistance, but hitting a target of my average win.

15. The following 3 users say Thank You to FlyingShark for this useful post.

Alexander Tatsumaki (02-14-2018), Unregistered (2)

MT5 Veteran
      I am:
      Cool

Accumulated bonus
      Thanks

The most interesting part of your strategy is that all ends in profit, but who can leave open positions at the night without an expert helping hand?
      that's what the EA is for. but actually yesterday i had all my systems off, meaning computer server was turned off. but you know the pending orders are still there regardless.

It is a short, I can see it how, because the price is pushing up looking to end this trend.
      yes and i actually already added a short position.

after a huge amount of trading data will be to close my position/s earlier without hitting a target like, support, or resistance, but hitting a target of my average win.
      exactly. that is what i do at the reset point!

---------- Post added at 05:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 PM ----------

here are more examples & an update.

here is the UJ situation currently:

https://imgur.com/kdmVInw

if we close like on the image, then the short will be locked (1). secondly i will add a long position at the pin (2). the long X position is left there because i did not have automatic trading on and i had to leave the computer, i could have but no matter.. since the max pressure allowed is = entry size * 2 , meaning it is 2.4 lots i can add a long position but only one.

i did add a long, on a harami / doji situation.

now for another chart. this is GU h1 chart. where i have some longs locked in.

all the long positions that are in profit will have their stops moved inside the zone. this is because of the rule "price has closed above" = "should be strong now". i did place all the long positions at 3915 or so. also notice the indicator stating that i am net short, in reality i am actually 0.21 vs 0.26 = 0.05, but that is what the indicator does. summarize for me. all i am allowed to do here is trail the stops, if price says that i should. if price goes up more i will have more profits created but if price decides to crash back down then i also get profit. this is hedging after all

<--

17. The following 2 users say Thank You to Alexander Tatsumaki for this useful post.

FlyingShark (02-14-2018), union12 (02-15-2018)

Will work for pips
      I am:
      ----

dahech is on a distinguished road dahech's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      17.29 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

that is a great systhem , how is the succes rate of this sythem? and how do you put your SL ?

19. The following 2 users say Thank You to dahech for this useful post.

Unregistered (2)

MT5 Veteran
      I am:
      Cool

Accumulated bonus
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dahech View Post
      that is a great systhem , how is the succes rate of this sythem? and how do you put your SL ?
      success rate is 100%, if i don't push it to much. meaning low risk.. it really only has problems when the lot size becomes to big for the equity, but really to get away from that just don't do it

and how do you put your SL ?
      SL is put when "i think price will not go any more in that direction."

here is an update, and also example of SL placement. this is only ONE example and there are several other ways i do this.

update for the UJ trades:

https://imgur.com/HftGP4c

one long position was given a SL = locked, because "ping pong" formations. meaning price was low and got up to a new high (1 -> 2) later price came back down to 3 showing me that 1 is a low and 2 is significant. when price later came back to 2 again, here (4) it completes the ping pong formation and i lock it there. SL was placed where you see it on the chart.

the yellow order has been given a dynamic trail, the distance is up to the arrow. if price comes there then that order will also be trailed = it will be given an SL by the platform. when this happens my EA will adjust the pending orders to match the balance.

<--

21. The following 5 users say Thank You to Alexander Tatsumaki for this useful post.

union12 (02-15-2018), Unregistered (4)

Reply to Thread
    Page 68 of 115 FirstFirst ... 63 66 67 68 69 70 73 ... LastLast