• Worried
  • Yeehaw
  • Reply to Thread
    Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 14 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread: bigani's trading journal

I just can't quit pips!
      I am:
      ----

bigani has a reputation beyond repute bigani has a reputation beyond repute bigani has a reputation beyond repute bigani has a reputation beyond repute bigani has a reputation beyond repute bigani has a reputation beyond repute bigani has a reputation beyond repute bigani has a reputation beyond repute bigani has a reputation beyond repute bigani has a reputation beyond repute bigani has a reputation beyond repute bigani's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      1705.23 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,182 Times in 812 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mez Da Whiz View Post
      You're right.
      The range is almost like a super corrective phase of a trending market. The market that is in a range on a daily chart most likely is trending on a one hour chart. I guess it depends on the time frame because lower time frame don't range for so long.
      You are very correct,that is the major reason why i always say you can make pips and be successful no matter the frame you are trading with,as long as you know exactly what you want to achieve you will make it,for me i like looking at the higher time frame because it is less stressful and i can see the bigger pictures clearly,and also the fact that there is less noise with the higher time charts.

2. The following 4 users say Thank You to bigani for this useful post.

ehizmac (04-20-2018), forexguy9 (04-20-2018), maxiipus (04-23-2018), sonibark (04-14-2018)

3. <a href="https://www.instaforex.com/company_news">‘ÓūŚÍŮ ÔÓūÚŗŽ</a>
      Forum Master
      I am:
      ----

sonibark has a reputation beyond repute sonibark has a reputation beyond repute sonibark has a reputation beyond repute sonibark has a reputation beyond repute sonibark has a reputation beyond repute sonibark has a reputation beyond repute sonibark has a reputation beyond repute sonibark has a reputation beyond repute sonibark has a reputation beyond repute sonibark has a reputation beyond repute sonibark has a reputation beyond repute sonibark's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      2280.66 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 7,006 Times in 2,382 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bigani View Post
      You are very correct,that is the major reason why i always say you can make pips and be successful no matter the frame you are trading with,as long as you know exactly what you want to achieve you will make it,for me i like looking at the higher time frame because it is less stressful and i can see the bigger pictures clearly,and also the fact that there is less noise with the higher time charts.
      yes we can always make good profit from the market regardless of the time frame we are using, i dont think anybody is saying otherwise, anything that we decide to do, its better we do it well to the best of our knowledge, every time frame has their own uniqueness and its up to us to unfold that unique thing about them, but traders finds higher time frame more easier and more safer to trade than the smaller time frame

5. The Following User Says Thank You to sonibark For This Useful Post:

maxiipus (04-23-2018)

MT5 Addict
      I am:
      ----

taifon is a splendid one to behold taifon is a splendid one to behold taifon is a splendid one to behold taifon is a splendid one to behold taifon is a splendid one to behold taifon is a splendid one to behold taifon is a splendid one to behold taifon's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      273.46 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

I open to this journal to share my simple trading method,is is a very simple breakout strategy and i use the MACD is for confirmation,i get signals from the daily chart and sometimes weekly,but my entry is from the 4hr chart,my trade can run for an average of one to weeks,or even three weeks, i will be posting charts to explain further.

Below is a simple chart.
      I had a strategy based on the MACD index and three moving averages with different settings. This strategy was good but few opportunities. I found that the MACD is giving late signals and thus reducing the chances. I also see that you are trading daily and 4 hours and they are the best from my point of view.Especially 4H chart , Where I find a large proportion of my deals are from 4h chart

7. The Following User Says Thank You to taifon For This Useful Post:

maxiipus (04-23-2018)

It's time to retire!
      I am:
      ----

ehizmac has much to be proud of ehizmac has much to be proud of ehizmac has much to be proud of ehizmac has much to be proud of ehizmac has much to be proud of ehizmac has much to be proud of ehizmac has much to be proud of ehizmac has much to be proud of ehizmac has much to be proud of ehizmac's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      3319.13 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,285 Times in 548 Posts

Bigger time frame saves alot of invalid signals as well as setup on the market so we must develop the right kind of skills to manage bigger time frame most especially during market reversal, another important thing is that bigger time frame comes with large pips and fewer signals so waiting and money management plays a vital role here.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ehizmac For This Useful Post:

maxiipus (04-23-2018)

It's time to retire!
      I am:
      Happy

forexguy9 has a reputation beyond repute forexguy9 has a reputation beyond repute forexguy9 has a reputation beyond repute forexguy9 has a reputation beyond repute forexguy9 has a reputation beyond repute forexguy9 has a reputation beyond repute forexguy9 has a reputation beyond repute forexguy9 has a reputation beyond repute forexguy9 has a reputation beyond repute forexguy9 has a reputation beyond repute forexguy9 has a reputation beyond repute forexguy9's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      3842.09 USD (What is this?)
      caught pokemons
      2 (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,737 Times in 887 Posts

the time-frame one trades does not matter as long as one know what to do with the time frame. a scalper would definitely use the lower time-frames while the long term trader would focus on the long time-frames. we need to identify where we fall into and make the best use of the best time-frame suitable.
      ''Too many times we settle into a set way of thinking and accept limitations that need not be placed on us'' -John C. Maxwell

Hedging Edge: Heading For $6 Million!

11. The following 2 users say Thank You to forexguy9 for this useful post.

maxiipus (04-23-2018), ralph (04-21-2018)

My pips hand is weak
      I am:
      ----

ralph has a spectacular aura about ralph has a spectacular aura about ralph has a spectacular aura about ralph's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      55.53 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by forexguy9 View Post
      the time-frame one trades does not matter as long as one know what to do with the time frame. a scalper would definitely use the lower time-frames while the long term trader would focus on the long time-frames. we need to identify where we fall into and make the best use of the best time-frame suitable.
      the scalper will have little business to do with the longer time frames. he concentrates on the short time frames when making his analysis and the eventual opening of the trade. most long term traders also do not take reference form the lower time frames.

13. The following 2 users say Thank You to ralph for this useful post.

forexianz (04-23-2018), maxiipus (04-23-2018)

FX Zombie
      I am:
      ----

maximum is a glorious beacon of light maximum is a glorious beacon of light maximum is a glorious beacon of light maximum is a glorious beacon of light maximum is a glorious beacon of light maximum's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      903.15 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

The time frame one trades does not directly determines your success in forex trading business though larger time frames tend to have lesser false signals than smaller ones. i think what we should worry about most is learning to improve our forex knowledge, experience, skill and strategy that will enhance our market analysis and decision making

15. The following 2 users say Thank You to maximum for this useful post.

forexianz (04-23-2018), maxiipus (04-23-2018)

I just can't quit pips!
      I am:
      ----

bigani has a reputation beyond repute bigani has a reputation beyond repute bigani has a reputation beyond repute bigani has a reputation beyond repute bigani has a reputation beyond repute bigani has a reputation beyond repute bigani has a reputation beyond repute bigani has a reputation beyond repute bigani has a reputation beyond repute bigani has a reputation beyond repute bigani has a reputation beyond repute bigani's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      1705.23 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,182 Times in 812 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by maximum View Post
      The time frame one trades does not directly determines your success in forex trading business though larger time frames tend to have lesser false signals than smaller ones. i think what we should worry about most is learning to improve our forex knowledge, experience, skill and strategy that will enhance our market analysis and decision making
      You can of course trade with the lower time frames and still make a lot of profits, i prefer trading the long time frame because it is most convenient for me,i am not a scalper so i do see the need trading small time frames,even small time frames trader still have to look at the larger time frame for them to be able to make accurate decisions that is also very important too in this market.

17. The following 4 users say Thank You to bigani for this useful post.

forexianz (04-23-2018), maxiipus (04-23-2018), Unregistered (2)

FX Zombie
      I am:
      ----

maxiipus has a reputation beyond repute maxiipus has a reputation beyond repute maxiipus has a reputation beyond repute maxiipus has a reputation beyond repute maxiipus has a reputation beyond repute maxiipus has a reputation beyond repute maxiipus has a reputation beyond repute maxiipus has a reputation beyond repute maxiipus has a reputation beyond repute maxiipus has a reputation beyond repute maxiipus has a reputation beyond repute maxiipus's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      1276.57 USD (What is this?)
      caught pokemons
      2 (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 3,097 Times in 869 Posts

You can of course trade with the lower time frames and still make a lot of profits, i prefer trading the long time frame because it is most convenient for me,i am not a scalper so i do see the need trading small time frames,even small time frames trader still have to look at the larger time frame for them to be able to make accurate decisions that is also very important too in this market.
      i use smaller time frame to open my trade but i do that just to minimize my risk, i keep on following the major trend in bigger time frame while i am using smaller time frame to open my trade when the both trend in minor and major trend are the same, that way i can minimize my stoploss and yet i still use major trend as my take profits.

19. The following 2 users say Thank You to maxiipus for this useful post.

forexianz (04-23-2018), Unregistered (1)

Forum Master
      I am:
      ----

sonibark has a reputation beyond repute sonibark has a reputation beyond repute sonibark has a reputation beyond repute sonibark has a reputation beyond repute sonibark has a reputation beyond repute sonibark has a reputation beyond repute sonibark has a reputation beyond repute sonibark has a reputation beyond repute sonibark has a reputation beyond repute sonibark has a reputation beyond repute sonibark has a reputation beyond repute sonibark's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      2280.66 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 7,006 Times in 2,382 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by maximum View Post
      You are absolutely right my brother, the time frame we are using does not determine how successful we. Will be, I think what's more important is the trading strategy we are using, I even get to understand that even some traders use the 5 minute time frame and they are making good profit, but it's easier with higher time frame to analyse the market

Reply to Thread
    Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 14 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast