• Twisted
  • Worried
  • Yeehaw
  • Reply to Thread
    Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Lines Trading Journal

I am:
      Amused

deathstar has a reputation beyond repute deathstar has a reputation beyond repute deathstar has a reputation beyond repute deathstar has a reputation beyond repute deathstar has a reputation beyond repute deathstar has a reputation beyond repute deathstar has a reputation beyond repute deathstar has a reputation beyond repute deathstar has a reputation beyond repute deathstar has a reputation beyond repute deathstar has a reputation beyond repute deathstar's Avatar
      Thanks
      Thanked 18,091 Times in 4,491 Posts

Default Lines Trading Journal

My trading style mainly consists of observing the lines (S/R, trendlines, fib areas and such) I follow price action and am a discretionary trader i.e I usually trade depending on the market conditions and not by following a specific set of rules.

I do use indicators - sometimes - as they truly help in providing some confirmation to the price action signals I get. An example would be a crossover of MAs when the price retests support or resistance. The main indis I use are volume, MACD and MAs.

Lastly, I hope this trading journal will help me progress more and also help some of you in your trading journey .

2. <a href="http://www.mt5.com/"> </a>
      I am:
      Cheerful

NikitaBelle has a reputation beyond repute NikitaBelle has a reputation beyond repute NikitaBelle has a reputation beyond repute NikitaBelle has a reputation beyond repute NikitaBelle has a reputation beyond repute NikitaBelle has a reputation beyond repute NikitaBelle has a reputation beyond repute NikitaBelle has a reputation beyond repute NikitaBelle has a reputation beyond repute NikitaBelle has a reputation beyond repute NikitaBelle has a reputation beyond repute NikitaBelle's Avatar
      Thanks
      Thanked 26,664 Times in 7,429 Posts
       Black Frame Talent: Daily Contest of Demotivators on MT5.com Forum

Quote Originally Posted by deathstar View Post
      My trading style mainly consists of observing the lines (S/R, trendlines, fib areas and such) I follow price action and am a discretionary trader i.e I usually trade depending on the market conditions and not by following a specific set of rules.

I do use indicators - sometimes - as they truly help in providing some confirmation to the price action signals I get. An example would be a crossover of MAs when the price retests support or resistance. The main indis I use are volume, MACD and MAs.

Lastly, I hope this trading journal will help me progress more and also help some of you in your trading journey .
      Wow! Welcome home brother! Very excited to have you here finally!

Price Action trader with a twist, nice! Love to follow your journal everyday brother. Love to learn side by side with you. Looking forward to see more of your trade charts regularly.

Goodluck bro!

4. The following 6 users say Thank You to NikitaBelle for this useful post.

adewale (07-31-2017), Alexander Tatsumaki (07-31-2017), deathstar (07-31-2017), dzin4aans (07-31-2017), PhantomTrader79 (08-02-2017), simisola (07-31-2017)

My charts talk to me!
      I am:
      ----

Greentrader is a name known to all Greentrader is a name known to all Greentrader is a name known to all Greentrader is a name known to all Greentrader is a name known to all Greentrader is a name known to all Greentrader's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      560.65 USD (What is this?)
      caught pokemons
      4 (What is this?)
      Thanks

Nice to see another trader starting a journal here.

I recognize the importance of such lines and indicators. The hard thing is to be ready to enter markets at the best point following the buy/sell signals given by crossovers of such MAs lines because markets move fastly everydays and a good signal today can expire too fast...
      Know when youre getting out before you get in. Jack Schwager

Bangla Forex School

6. The following 5 users say Thank You to Greentrader for this useful post.

deathstar (07-31-2017), dzin4aans (07-31-2017), NikitaBelle (07-31-2017), PhantomTrader79 (08-02-2017), simisola (07-31-2017)

I am:
      Amused

deathstar has a reputation beyond repute deathstar has a reputation beyond repute deathstar has a reputation beyond repute deathstar has a reputation beyond repute deathstar has a reputation beyond repute deathstar has a reputation beyond repute deathstar has a reputation beyond repute deathstar has a reputation beyond repute deathstar has a reputation beyond repute deathstar has a reputation beyond repute deathstar has a reputation beyond repute deathstar's Avatar
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NikitaBelle View Post
      Wow! Welcome home brother! Very excited to have you here finally!
      Price Action trader with a twist, nice! Love to follow your journal everyday brother. Love to learn side by side with you. Looking forward to see more of your trade charts regularly.
      Goodluck bro!
      Thanks. will try to post a chart showing one example of how I trade later today : )

Quote Originally Posted by Greentrader View Post
      Nice to see another trader starting a journal here.

I recognize the importance of such lines and indicators. The hard thing is to be ready to enter markets at the best point following the buy/sell signals given by crossovers of such MAs lines because markets move fastly everydays and a good signal today can expire too fast...
      That's cause the MAs are lagging indis. So, when they cross, price will usually have moved some distance away. From my experience, it is a bad choice to just look at the crossovers. There are traders who trade just based on them, but I haven't tried doing that.

8. The following 6 users say Thank You to deathstar for this useful post.

adewale (07-31-2017), dzin4aans (07-31-2017), Greentrader (07-31-2017), NikitaBelle (07-31-2017), PhantomTrader79 (08-02-2017), simisola (07-31-2017)

I am:
      Amused

Thanks

Here is one way I look at the price. A mixture of trendlines and S/R.

The support (blue line) is where I would look for the price to break if I am to go for sell.
      The trendlines are the overall situation of the market.

Name:  GBPUSDM15.png
Views: 57
Size:  30.4 KB

10. The following 6 users say Thank You to deathstar for this useful post.

adewale (07-31-2017), dedy hari kurniawan (07-31-2017), dzin4aans (07-31-2017), NikitaBelle (07-31-2017), PhantomTrader79 (08-02-2017), simisola (07-31-2017)

MT5 Resident
      I am:
      ----

simisola has a reputation beyond repute simisola has a reputation beyond repute simisola has a reputation beyond repute simisola has a reputation beyond repute simisola has a reputation beyond repute simisola has a reputation beyond repute simisola has a reputation beyond repute simisola has a reputation beyond repute simisola has a reputation beyond repute simisola has a reputation beyond repute simisola has a reputation beyond repute simisola's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      2225.50 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 8,420 Times in 2,348 Posts

When I first saw this thread, I thought it was a closed thread that had reached 200 posts, lol it's nice to see you join us in the journal section as a participant, you did mention not following a specific set of rules, that caught my attention because every system is meant to have some guidelines, anyway I will be looking forward to seeing all the charts you will post so that I can know what informs your decision to enter a trade.

12. The following 3 users say Thank You to simisola for this useful post.

adewale (07-31-2017), dzin4aans (07-31-2017), PhantomTrader79 (08-02-2017)

It's time to retire!
      I am:
      Pensive

dedy hari kurniawan has a reputation beyond repute dedy hari kurniawan has a reputation beyond repute dedy hari kurniawan has a reputation beyond repute dedy hari kurniawan has a reputation beyond repute dedy hari kurniawan has a reputation beyond repute dedy hari kurniawan has a reputation beyond repute dedy hari kurniawan has a reputation beyond repute dedy hari kurniawan has a reputation beyond repute dedy hari kurniawan has a reputation beyond repute dedy hari kurniawan has a reputation beyond repute dedy hari kurniawan has a reputation beyond repute dedy hari kurniawan's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      2915.51 USD (What is this?)
      caught pokemons
      44 (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 4,659 Times in 1,475 Posts

The support (blue line) is where I would look for the price to break if I am to go for sell.

Attachment 69488
      Do you just use M15 to see price movements?
      If your analysis is M15 then you are not trading long term, right?
      Anyway based on what you attract trendline? because i do not see pattern formed on M15 like falling wedge, ascending triangle, rising wedge, etc
      don't use Luck in the trade but it would be better to use Greed
      hoping for something without hard work will not give anything

My Trading Journal

14. The following 3 users say Thank You to dedy hari kurniawan for this useful post.

MT5 Resident
      I am:
      Happy

penuelophir has a reputation beyond repute penuelophir has a reputation beyond repute penuelophir has a reputation beyond repute penuelophir has a reputation beyond repute penuelophir has a reputation beyond repute penuelophir has a reputation beyond repute penuelophir has a reputation beyond repute penuelophir has a reputation beyond repute penuelophir has a reputation beyond repute penuelophir has a reputation beyond repute penuelophir has a reputation beyond repute penuelophir's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      2531.57 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 5,241 Times in 1,897 Posts

I am happy for you my moderator and it is nice that you have come here because it is really one of the best places you can always learn each day from the mistakes and all your trading activities, and before you know it then you are a better forex trader. I shall always come around to learn because the best way to learn this business is following the older and professional traders!
      Wisdom Is The Ability To Apply Knowledge And Experience To Any Given Situation.
      If you do not take control of your risks then you lose control of your trades

16. The following 3 users say Thank You to penuelophir for this useful post.

I am:
      Amused

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dedy hari kurniawan View Post
      Do you just use M15 to see price movements?
      If your analysis is M15 then you are not trading long term, right?
      Anyway based on what you attract trendline? because i do not see pattern formed on M15 like falling wedge, ascending triangle, rising wedge, etc
      No, that chart was on M15 and it was only to show one way of how I trade. I am both long term and short term trader. There will be more charts later on.

I do observe patterns but I don't trade on them specifically.

I draw trendlines based on the lows of the upmove and highs of the downmove.

18. The following 5 users say Thank You to deathstar for this useful post.

adewale (07-31-2017), allishanraza (07-31-2017), dedy hari kurniawan (07-31-2017), dzin4aans (07-31-2017), PhantomTrader79 (08-02-2017)

19. Catch Forex
      MT5 Resident
      I am:
      ----

simisola has a reputation beyond repute simisola has a reputation beyond repute simisola has a reputation beyond repute simisola has a reputation beyond repute simisola has a reputation beyond repute simisola has a reputation beyond repute simisola has a reputation beyond repute simisola has a reputation beyond repute simisola has a reputation beyond repute simisola has a reputation beyond repute simisola has a reputation beyond repute simisola's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      2225.50 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 8,420 Times in 2,348 Posts

Attachment 69488
      Looking at your chart, I am wondering why two trend lines are emanating from the same point, is that a pattern you are trying to draw, like butterfly or something? Also do you take trades at the bounce off the lower line. Where would be your optimal buy entry from the chart.

21. The following 3 users say Thank You to simisola for this useful post.

adewale (07-31-2017), deathstar (07-31-2017), dzin4aans (07-31-2017)

Reply to Thread
    Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 6 ... LastLast