• Worried
  • Yeehaw
  • Reply to Thread
    Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 6 ... LastLast

Thread: [Myfxbook Verified] Making 52 Weeks Trading Journal

I just can't quit pips!
      I am:
      Happy

balut is a glorious beacon of light balut is a glorious beacon of light balut is a glorious beacon of light balut is a glorious beacon of light balut is a glorious beacon of light balut is a glorious beacon of light balut's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      1195.35 USD (What is this?)
      caught pokemons
      1 (What is this?)
      Thanks

Cool [Myfxbook Verified] Making 52 Weeks Trading Journal

Hello fellow MT5 forumers, I want to share my Trend Bruiser system that I have been using for 3 years now. This is a basic strategy of swing to long term trading using the daily time frame candle. I use sets of moving averages(Linear Weight), RSI and TDI indicators. My main objective of this journal is to survive 52 weeks of trading which I'm almost done with my demo account(Zeko). I also have existing live account, but on this journal I will use a fresh live account.

Myfxbook links:

DEMO
      http://www.myfxbook.com/members/balu...ruiser/1813657 Zeko

LIVE
      https://www.myfxbook.com/members/bal...QYc95DokfjbmWF Trend Bruiser

Indicators:

Daily Candle LWMA(15) or King 15(red) - the rule is simple, buy or sell only if LWMA(15) crossed the candle.

Daily Candle LWMA(30) or Mediator 30(blue) - almost the same rule as LWMA(15).

Daily Candle LWMA(60) or Magic 60(yellow) - there is something magical about this LWMA(60) because it is a sign of medium or long term trend reversal.

SMA(200)(darkgoldenrod) - simple moving average(200) in daily candle is very popular. It is called as "no man's land" because it is a critical level of support and resistance.

RSI divergence(14) - just a basic filter to measure the strength of reversal to avoid buying the top or selling the bottom.

Synergy Pro TDI - this can measure the strength of trend if it is reversal or continuation.

Murrey Math Lines - for important pivot levels and can also serve as take profit area.

ADR & ATR - to measure the average/true daily range and can also serve as take profit area.

Entry: Look for Higher High or top of the trend and wait for daily candle that crossed LWMA(15) crossed or vice versa.

Exit: Usually once the daily candle crossed LWMA(15) opposite to the direction of your trade. You can also set stop loss at the previous higher high or lower low of the trend. Average 60 - 180 losses.

Take Profit: Average TP in trading the daily candle ranges from 50 to 100 pips during short term trend. While in big trend, TP ranges from 200 to 500 pips.

Money Management: I will use 5,000 pips buffer approx. For $500 account that is 0.10 cents per pip. 500 / 0.10 = 5000. So I will be using 0.01 lot or 0.10 IFX lot for a $500 account.

PROS:
      • laid back trading due to higher time frame.
      • compounding friendly.
      • drawdown friendly.
      • 4% - 7% monthly ROI.

CONS:
      • low trading activity per month or average 10 - 15 trades per month.
      • patience is a must during consolidation period.

As you can see it is a basic strategy based on lagging indicators. But in my situation, I don't only rely to technical since fundamental analysis is also very important. I just avoid important announcement like FOMC meeting and bank interest rate news.

I will be updating this journal daily regarding open trade position or possible trade setup. My timezone is GMT+8 and I usually open a trade position once the new daily candle is formed and that is 05:00 AM or 08:00 AM (GMT+8). All my trades can be easily monitored through myfxbook link.

2. Forex Game
    3. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to balut For This Useful Post:

DaveBenroe (08-25-2017), deathstar (08-22-2017), dzin4aans (08-21-2017), FlyingShark (08-22-2017), fxloser (08-21-2017), hotforexx7373 (08-24-2017), Kalex (08-26-2017), kammraz (08-23-2017), MT5 bozZdeviL (08-22-2017), Mummyz (08-22-2017), NikitaBelle (08-21-2017), penuelophir (08-21-2017), PhAnToMtRaDeR79 (08-21-2017), Soldier (08-25-2017), Star_amin (08-21-2017)

FX Zombie
      I am:
      Asleep

Star_amin is a splendid one to behold Star_amin is a splendid one to behold Star_amin is a splendid one to behold Star_amin is a splendid one to behold Star_amin is a splendid one to behold Star_amin is a splendid one to behold Star_amin is a splendid one to behold Star_amin's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      794.55 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Hi there brother. It is good to see someone experienced has decided to share his journey in this Trading Journal section. It is exciting for sure.

As for your strategy mate, it is very simple and effective in Daily charts. I have tried it once I was newbie in this business. I learnt it from my mentor Mr. Shamim. It is as simple as good one. Pray you luck mate.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Star_amin For This Useful Post:

balut (08-21-2017), dzin4aans (08-21-2017), MT5 bozZdeviL (08-22-2017), NikitaBelle (08-21-2017)

I am:
      Cheerful

NikitaBelle has a reputation beyond repute NikitaBelle has a reputation beyond repute NikitaBelle has a reputation beyond repute NikitaBelle has a reputation beyond repute NikitaBelle has a reputation beyond repute NikitaBelle has a reputation beyond repute NikitaBelle has a reputation beyond repute NikitaBelle has a reputation beyond repute NikitaBelle has a reputation beyond repute NikitaBelle has a reputation beyond repute NikitaBelle has a reputation beyond repute NikitaBelle's Avatar
      Thanks
      Thanked 23,029 Times in 6,799 Posts
       Black Frame Talent: Daily Contest of Demotivators on MT5.com Forum

PROS:
      laid back trading due to higher time frame.
      compounding friendly.
      drawdown friendly.
      4% - 7% monthly ROI.

CONS:
      low trading activity per month or average 10 - 15 trades per month.
      patience is a must during consolidation period.

Welcome to the journal section brother Balut!

I like the drawdown percentage of your strategy, when you say it is friendly that means the drawdown is minimal, not huge that can give heart attack to the traders, hehehe. My drawdown most of the time is huge that has the power to put an end to my account anytime if I can't managed it properly and wisely. So your method is nice! When you say only 10 to 15 trades per month that is good already...they say...in trading less is more!

Welcome aboard you are now our new trading buddy! Looking forward to see your chart brother!

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NikitaBelle For This Useful Post:

balut (08-21-2017), dzin4aans (08-21-2017), MT5 bozZdeviL (08-22-2017)

MT5 Veteran
      I am:
      Inspired

penuelophir is a splendid one to behold penuelophir is a splendid one to behold penuelophir is a splendid one to behold penuelophir is a splendid one to behold penuelophir is a splendid one to behold penuelophir is a splendid one to behold penuelophir is a splendid one to behold penuelophir's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      1320.07 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

There is no such place as trading journal because it would make you to become serious with your trading activities and even take the full responsibilities of all your actions, which makes learning so easy and better! Please you are welcome my dear.
      Wisdom Is The Ability To Apply Knowledge And Experience To Any Given Situation.

Foreign exchange market is a skill that requires time to learn, needs hard work to sustain and diligence to keep open the door of profits.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to penuelophir For This Useful Post:

dzin4aans (08-21-2017), MT5 bozZdeviL (08-22-2017)

I just can't quit pips!
      I am:
      Happy

balut is a glorious beacon of light balut is a glorious beacon of light balut is a glorious beacon of light balut is a glorious beacon of light balut is a glorious beacon of light balut is a glorious beacon of light balut's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      caught pokemons
      1 (What is this?)
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Star_amin View Post
      Hi there brother. It is good to see someone experienced has decided to share his journey in this Trading Journal section. It is exciting for sure.

As for your strategy mate, it is very simple and effective in Daily charts. I have tried it once I was newbie in this business. I learnt it from my mentor Mr. Shamim. It is as simple as good one. Pray you luck mate.
      Thanks. I always remind myself to make trading simple as possible but during market shakedown or consolidation, I get nervous and sometimes panicked. The pressure and trading psychology is too much to handle. I hope I can continue improve my system on this journey.

Quote Originally Posted by NikitaBelle View Post
      Welcome to the journal section brother Balut!

I like the drawdown percentage of your strategy, when you say it is friendly that means the drawdown is minimal, not huge that can give heart attack to the traders, hehehe. My drawdown most of the time is huge that has the power to put an end to my account anytime if I can't managed it properly and wisely. So your method is nice! When you say only 10 to 15 trades per month that is good already...they say...in trading less is more!

Welcome aboard you are now our new trading buddy! Looking forward to see your chart brother!
      Thanks. It's been a while since the last time I post on this forum because I'm quiet busy on other things. I got excited about the ISCA system due to great feedback from our fellow forumers so I made this journal. Let's hope that my live account can reach 52 weeks of trading.

SELL EURJPY

This is my first trade on my trading journal. I have a strong bear bias in EURJPY on a short term period that's why I sold it. But this pair is a bit prone to whipsaw unlike its counter part eurusd. I'm going to hold it until a new bearish candle is form on the following days. If this bearish momentum continue then the psychological support at 125.000 may be the next target.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to balut For This Useful Post:

dzin4aans (08-21-2017), MT5 bozZdeviL (08-22-2017), NikitaBelle (08-21-2017), PhAnToMtRaDeR79 (08-27-2017)

I am:
      Worried

dzin4aans has a reputation beyond repute dzin4aans has a reputation beyond repute dzin4aans has a reputation beyond repute dzin4aans has a reputation beyond repute dzin4aans has a reputation beyond repute dzin4aans has a reputation beyond repute dzin4aans has a reputation beyond repute dzin4aans has a reputation beyond repute dzin4aans has a reputation beyond repute dzin4aans has a reputation beyond repute dzin4aans has a reputation beyond repute dzin4aans's Avatar
      Thanks
      Thanked 17,013 Times in 4,062 Posts

Hi balut,
      I am so happy that you joined Trading Journal section And from what I see your trading journal is going big! Its really detailed and well explained, I am amazed
      Your plan seems very good, targets reasonable, to me looks like you are a professional trader Do you trade for a bank maybe? If not, with this plan and some background experience you could

Good luck to you and I wish you all the great results and profitable trades

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dzin4aans For This Useful Post:

balut (08-22-2017), MT5 bozZdeviL (08-22-2017), NikitaBelle (08-22-2017), PhAnToMtRaDeR79 (08-27-2017)

I just can't quit pips!
      I am:
      Happy

Accumulated bonus
      caught pokemons
      1 (What is this?)
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dzin4aans View Post
      Hi balut,
      I am so happy that you joined Trading Journal section And from what I see your trading journal is going big! Its really detailed and well explained, I am amazed
      Your plan seems very good, targets reasonable, to me looks like you are a professional trader Do you trade for a bank maybe? If not, with this plan and some background experience you could

Good luck to you and I wish you all the great results and profitable trades
      I'm just a retail trader like most of us here in MT5 forum. I still struggle on my trading activities and sometimes get demoralized due to drawdown or months with negative result.
      I'm not sure when I can really master emotion when it comes to trading, I hope it will happen very soon.

I decided to remove my breakeven stop loss and just let the EURJPY float for a while since it is still on a consolidation area. I hope I am right or else I will need a hard stop loss for this trade.

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to balut For This Useful Post:

dzin4aans (08-22-2017), MT5 bozZdeviL (08-22-2017), NikitaBelle (08-22-2017), PhAnToMtRaDeR79 (08-27-2017)

I am:
      Busy

MT5 bozZdeviL has a reputation beyond repute MT5 bozZdeviL has a reputation beyond repute MT5 bozZdeviL has a reputation beyond repute MT5 bozZdeviL has a reputation beyond repute MT5 bozZdeviL has a reputation beyond repute MT5 bozZdeviL has a reputation beyond repute MT5 bozZdeviL has a reputation beyond repute MT5 bozZdeviL has a reputation beyond repute MT5 bozZdeviL has a reputation beyond repute MT5 bozZdeviL has a reputation beyond repute MT5 bozZdeviL has a reputation beyond repute MT5 bozZdeviL's Avatar
      Thanks
      Thanked 26,881 Times in 5,842 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by balut View Post
      I decided to remove my breakeven stop loss and just let the EURJPY float for a while since it is still on a consolidation area. I hope I am right or else I will need a hard stop loss for this trade.
      Nice analysis mate, hope you floating profit now. Your target 125.00, looks like we have similar long term analysis.
      If you have a ton of balance in your tading accounts (I can't open your fxbook for now), am sure you will prefer to not use stop loss at this moments because i will do the same thing. Let's see what will happen for next weeks.

Happy profit.
      Regards.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MT5 bozZdeviL For This Useful Post:

dzin4aans (08-22-2017), PhAnToMtRaDeR79 (08-27-2017)

MT5 Maniac
      I am:
      Busy

FlyingShark has much to be proud of FlyingShark has much to be proud of FlyingShark has much to be proud of FlyingShark has much to be proud of FlyingShark has much to be proud of FlyingShark has much to be proud of FlyingShark has much to be proud of FlyingShark has much to be proud of FlyingShark has much to be proud of FlyingShark has much to be proud of FlyingShark's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      1230.82 USD (What is this?)
      caught pokemons
      5 (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,304 Times in 669 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by balut View Post
      Hello fellow MT5 forumers, I want to share my Trend Bruiser system that I have been using for 3 years now. This is a basic strategy of swing to long term trading using the daily time frame candle. I use sets of moving averages(Linear Weight), RSI and TDI indicators. My main objective of this journal is to survive 52 weeks of trading which I'm almost done with my demo account(Zeko). I also have existing live account, but on this journal I will use a fresh live account.

Myfxbook links:

DEMO
      http://www.myfxbook.com/members/balu...ruiser/1813657 Zeko

LIVE
      https://www.myfxbook.com/members/bal...QYc95DokfjbmWF Trend Bruiser

Indicators:

Daily Candle LWMA(15) or King 15(red) - the rule is simple, buy or sell only if LWMA(15) crossed the candle.

Daily Candle LWMA(30) or Mediator 30(blue) - almost the same rule as LWMA(15).

Daily Candle LWMA(60) or Magic 60(yellow) - there is something magical about this LWMA(60) because it is a sign of medium or long term trend reversal.

SMA(200)(darkgoldenrod) - simple moving average(200) in daily candle is very popular. It is called as "no man's land" because it is a critical level of support and resistance.

RSI divergence(14) - just a basic filter to measure the strength of reversal to avoid buying the top or selling the bottom.

Synergy Pro TDI - this can measure the strength of trend if it is reversal or continuation.

Murrey Math Lines - for important pivot levels and can also serve as take profit area.

ADR & ATR - to measure the average/true daily range and can also serve as take profit area.

Entry: Look for Higher High or top of the trend and wait for daily candle that crossed LWMA(15) crossed or vice versa.

Exit: Usually once the daily candle crossed LWMA(15) opposite to the direction of your trade. You can also set stop loss at the previous higher high or lower low of the trend. Average 60 - 180 losses.

Take Profit: Average TP in trading the daily candle ranges from 50 to 100 pips during short term trend. While in big trend, TP ranges from 200 to 500 pips.

Money Management: I will use 5,000 pips buffer approx. For $500 account that is 0.10 cents per pip. 500 / 0.10 = 5000. So I will be using 0.01 lot or 0.10 IFX lot for a $500 account.

PROS:
      • laid back trading due to higher time frame.
      • compounding friendly.
      • drawdown friendly.
      • 4% - 7% monthly ROI.

CONS:
      • low trading activity per month or average 10 - 15 trades per month.
      • patience is a must during consolidation period.

As you can see it is a basic strategy based on lagging indicators. But in my situation, I don't only rely to technical since fundamental analysis is also very important. I just avoid important announcement like FOMC meeting and bank interest rate news.

I will be updating this journal daily regarding open trade position or possible trade setup. My timezone is GMT+8 and I usually open a trade position once the new daily candle is formed and that is 05:00 AM or 08:00 AM (GMT+8). All my trades can be easily monitored through myfxbook link.
      Fifty-two weeks, thats something my friend and you are managing this account with low draw-down (only 13,83) which is fundamental for a trading account, I will be monitoring this thread for more, because I want to learn how you are using the indicators (lot off in a chart)

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FlyingShark For This Useful Post:

balut (08-22-2017), dzin4aans (08-22-2017)

20. <a href=""> </a>
      I just can't quit pips!
      I am:
      Happy

Accumulated bonus
      caught pokemons
      1 (What is this?)
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingShark View Post
      Fifty-two weeks, thats something my friend and you are managing this account with low draw-down (only 13,83) which is fundamental for a trading account, I will be monitoring this thread for more, because I want to learn how you are using the indicators (lot off in a chart)
      I am glad that you like it. I will be posting all my possible trading set up here together with its little explanation both on technical and fundamental analysis if available. I am not sure if I can really make it until the end of 52 week journey but I will try my best. Anyway, this trading that I am using is quiet generic and almost the same with Cowabunga System.[COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added 08-23-2017 at 03:40 PM ---------- Previous post was 08-22-2017 at 08:59 PM ----------

Selling EURUSD because the LW15 has been crossed by bearish d1 candle.

Selling EURGBP. This is a counter trade because I'm betting that this is almost the top of this bull trend.

Selling NZDUSD and it is looking good since I am near taking my profit.

Buying USDCHF due to bullish engulfing d1 candle.

I am basing my trade on USD near bull reversal bias and oversold level.
      Last edited by balut; 08-23-2017 at 10:01 AM.

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to balut For This Useful Post:

dzin4aans (08-22-2017), FlyingShark (08-22-2017), Kalex (09-02-2017), NikitaBelle (08-22-2017), PhAnToMtRaDeR79 (08-27-2017)

Reply to Thread
    Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 6 ... LastLast