• Worried
  • Yeehaw
  • Reply to Thread
    Page 56 of 61 FirstFirst ... 51 54 55 56 57 58 ... LastLast

Thread: MartyFish Channel Reversal Trading Journal

Forex in the blood
      I am:
      Relaxed

MartyFish has much to be proud of MartyFish has much to be proud of MartyFish has much to be proud of MartyFish has much to be proud of MartyFish has much to be proud of MartyFish has much to be proud of MartyFish has much to be proud of MartyFish has much to be proud of MartyFish has much to be proud of MartyFish's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      559.95 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,280 Times in 339 Posts

Default MartyFish Channel Reversal Trading Journal

Spoiler Spoiler:

My New Modified style of trading:-

From Now, I would be trading using Channels, as I believe market always moves in one or other channels and here my goal would be to buy near bottom channel of a Bullish channel & sell near top channel of a Bearish channel.

For High Probability Trades, I will look to buy near bottom channel of a Major Bullish channel & sell near top channel of a Major Bearish channel.

Though it will totally depend on market conditions & sentiments on which channels I would decide/choose to take my entries.

And, with it i would be shifting towards more price action trading and would be eliminating oscillators from my system. Apart from channels I would be using pivot points levels to confirm channels support & resistance and at the same time would be using a combo of bollinger bands (12, 20) to confirm that I am buying low & selling high.

So, now my system would consists of :-

1. Channels - which will be drawn manually.
      2. Bollinger Bands (12) & (20).
      3. Pivot Points - Daily, Weekly & Monthly.
      4. Multi-Timeframe Analysis - will be using H1, H4, Daily simultaneously to make all trading decisions.

**Note:- All my trades will have a fix SL. No trade will be open without a SL.

Money Management:-

1. I would be risking 5% on a setup and would be targeting a minimum of 10-15% profit gain. Rest it would depend on market conditions, how the trade would end.

2. At a time, as i would monitor 2 pairs EN & GN, so i would be trading a max of 2 trading setups at a time, which means I would never have more than 10% risk involved in my trading.

3. After every loss, I would stop my trading and won't continue until I find a solution and a better way to counter that & avoid taking such entries.

My Goals:-

Just trade with following all my rules, trading plan & thrive to become better & better with every passing trading week. No Goals for monetary gains, only goal is now to become the best possible me.

Live Trading Example with this New Style:-

This system is been implemented and is used from this following post, which happens to a live entry that i posted using this style. So, refer from this post onwards to get synch with this my new style of trading.

http://forum.mt5.com/showthread.php?...1#post12661506

So, Lets get Started, I will be monitoring only 2 pairs i.e GN & EN. Let's have a look at GN now.

Following are the channel levels for GN for the current week.

White lines channel - Major Bullish Channel.
      Maroon lines channel - Short term Bearish Channel.

GN is still looking quite strong despite the sudden fall on Friday and I would be looking to buy GN from a considerable channel level if it continues to fall further.

Or if it rises from here then I would look to sell it from the top channel levels, once it looks exhausted or shows some signs of reversals & remains within the Short term Bearish Channel.

In Short, Now, I would be trading reversals either against the major trend or in the direction of major trend. And, it will be quite a challenge for me to do that because until now I always favored trend trading & was against reversal trading but now I want to try my hand at reversal trading and I think that if I can do it successfully and gains & maintains around 70-75% accuracy with it, then it would be just fantastic, as the Risk:Reward ratio from trading reversal is just awesome & it is the most profitable type of trading.

But, the only low point about trading reversals is that the traders trading it always have less win % but the risk:reward covers it up for them and pushes them above breakeven, even with less win %.

And, the challenge for me, here would be to keep the win% to higher side even while trading the reversal's, so that i would be able to grow my capital safely & at a much faster rate.

Last edited by PhAnToMtRaDeR79; 12-04-2017 at 01:26 PM.

2. The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to MartyFish For This Useful Post:

adewale (09-15-2017), Aviz (09-15-2017), balut (10-03-2017), bidyut (11-16-2017), Don'tStop (12-06-2017), dzin4aans (09-14-2017), fembizz (12-05-2017), FlyingShark (09-17-2017), hotforexx7373 (09-21-2017), Kalex (09-16-2017), kammraz (09-15-2017), koplak_com (11-03-2017), maxiipus (09-16-2017), MT5 bozZdeviL (10-10-2017), NikitaBelle (09-14-2017), Obie (09-29-2017), penuelophir (11-19-2017), PhAnToMtRaDeR79 (09-15-2017), Soldier (11-24-2017), Star_amin (09-15-2017), union12 (11-28-2017), zahid4x (09-14-2017), zahidmehmood (11-23-2017)

MT5 Veteran
      I am:
      ----

ajagbeolegba has much to be proud of ajagbeolegba has much to be proud of ajagbeolegba has much to be proud of ajagbeolegba has much to be proud of ajagbeolegba has much to be proud of ajagbeolegba has much to be proud of ajagbeolegba has much to be proud of ajagbeolegba has much to be proud of ajagbeolegba's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      604.75 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,085 Times in 658 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by simisola View Post
      @MartyFish let me add that the reason these members would mention 95% which is not outrageous anyway considering how they enter may be due to the time frame and the risk reward each set up offers, but someone who trades just minimum of the 4 hour may not make this same conclusion, that is my thinking.
      I do not get what you are saying clearly, but i could pick out some points though. I think that the time frame is not the reason why we have the 95%, it is just the poor way of trading of many traders. The traders that are working with higher time frame are losing as well, that is how the market is working. I think all trader have to rebrand the way they are trading generally, this might be the way out.

4. <a href="http://www.mt5.com/"> </a>
    5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ajagbeolegba For This Useful Post:

MartyFish (12-06-2017), zahidmehmood (12-06-2017)

MT5 Addict
      I am:
      Inspired

zahidmehmood is a name known to all zahidmehmood is a name known to all zahidmehmood is a name known to all zahidmehmood is a name known to all zahidmehmood is a name known to all zahidmehmood is a name known to all zahidmehmood's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      213.78 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ajagbeolegba View Post
      I do not get what you are saying clearly, but i could pick out some points though. I think that the time frame is not the reason why we have the 95%, it is just the poor way of trading of many traders. The traders that are working with higher time frame are losing as well, that is how the market is working. I think all trader have to rebrand the way they are trading generally, this might be the way out.
      I agree with you brother, trading higher time frames doesn't guarantees anyone success, we can still lose money if we don't have a solid plan, we have to find a way to trade with short stop loss regardless of trading anytime frame because this the only way to reduce fear.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zahidmehmood For This Useful Post:

MartyFish (12-06-2017), sonibark (12-06-2017)

It's time to retire!
      I am:
      ----

ehizmac is a name known to all ehizmac is a name known to all ehizmac is a name known to all ehizmac is a name known to all ehizmac is a name known to all ehizmac is a name known to all ehizmac's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      2656.66 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Well personally I think you have said all we need to know because we cannot win all the time there comes a time that irrespective of your trading system or time frame the market has a way it plays trick on us. So have a plan stick with it and allow the market to do its thing.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ehizmac For This Useful Post:

zahidmehmood (12-06-2017)

FX Vampire
      I am:
      ----

Obie is just really nice Obie is just really nice Obie is just really nice Obie is just really nice Obie is just really nice Obie's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      675.45 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zahidmehmood View Post
      I agree with you brother, trading higher time frames doesn't guarantees anyone success, we can still lose money if we don't have a solid plan, we have to find a way to trade with short stop loss regardless of trading anytime frame because this the only way to reduce fear.
      Trading higher timeframes tends to filter the noise out of the charts. Typically, lower timeframe charts are very chaotic. Based on this premise alone, a trader who focuses on the higher time frames already has an advantage in terms of the raw signals that determine buying or selling. All things being equal, a long time frame trader is on better footing than a short time frame trader. This has also been proven by Statistical Analysis.

MT5 Veteran
      I am:
      ----

sonibark is just really nice sonibark is just really nice sonibark is just really nice sonibark is just really nice sonibark is just really nice sonibark's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      766.35 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Obie View Post
      Trading higher timeframes tends to filter the noise out of the charts. Typically, lower timeframe charts are very chaotic. Based on this premise alone, a trader who focuses on the higher time frames already has an advantage in terms of the raw signals that determine buying or selling. All things being equal, a long time frame trader is on better footing than a short time frame trader. This has also been proven by Statistical Analysis.
      Higher time frame can be the best way to trade but it doesn't mean it's 100 percent perfect. Using the higher time frame we will get to understand that we will be more comfortable and be able stress less unnecessarily. But nothing good don't have their own down side

MT5 Veteran
      I am:
      ----

ajagbeolegba has much to be proud of ajagbeolegba has much to be proud of ajagbeolegba has much to be proud of ajagbeolegba has much to be proud of ajagbeolegba has much to be proud of ajagbeolegba has much to be proud of ajagbeolegba has much to be proud of ajagbeolegba has much to be proud of ajagbeolegba's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      604.75 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,085 Times in 658 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Obie View Post
      You are very right Obie, the traders that are working with the higher time frames will trade a more relaxing orders than the traders that are trading the short time frames. But we also have to know that it depends on what the trader has trained himself about, the two time frames are very good. I am using the both higher and lower time frames, and they are both working well for me.

MT5 Addict
      I am:
      Daring

Leonvic90 has a brilliant future Leonvic90 has a brilliant future Leonvic90 has a brilliant future Leonvic90 has a brilliant future Leonvic90 has a brilliant future Leonvic90 has a brilliant future Leonvic90 has a brilliant future Leonvic90 has a brilliant future Leonvic90 has a brilliant future Leonvic90 has a brilliant future Leonvic90 has a brilliant future Leonvic90's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      125.14 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,509 Times in 467 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sonibark View Post
      Higher time frame can be the best way to trade but it doesn't mean it's 100 percent perfect. Using the higher time frame we will get to understand that we will be more comfortable and be able stress less unnecessarily. But nothing good don't have their own down side
      Thank you very much for this wonderful comment, we cannot be hundred percent correct in forex trading because we trade the higher time frame, that is a misunderstanding and a lie that we have told ourselves over time, how come some scalpers are very successful even in the midst of trading the so called noise. Ironic isn't it, there is no noise anywhere, trade what you understand, period!

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Leonvic90 For This Useful Post:

adewale (12-07-2017), simisola (12-07-2017)

Forex in the blood
      I am:
      Relaxed

MartyFish has much to be proud of MartyFish has much to be proud of MartyFish has much to be proud of MartyFish has much to be proud of MartyFish has much to be proud of MartyFish has much to be proud of MartyFish has much to be proud of MartyFish has much to be proud of MartyFish has much to be proud of MartyFish's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MartyFish View Post
      @Update:- As, per my analysis now the price has broke the triangle to the downside and looks like GN would continue it's down move and if it does move down then it will atleast move till / test the lower bullish channel - white lines which is still about 200 pips far & my SL is 60 pips. So, a very possible chance of getting 1:3 RR.

@Update:- Looks like yesterday's assumption of breakout was a fake signal and was a failure as it didn't got down until the white channel lines as I thought it would. Though, it went 80+ pips in profit but i was too confident to take it and then it reversed sharply got me stopped out at breakeven. 80 pips are a lot for me to let it go. But, I guess I need to learn to accept that because i want to give maximum freedom to my trades so that they can fetch maximum possible profit.

Can anyone suggest a better plan of booking profits? except for trailing them because it's GN and i have tested trailing on GN, it kills the potential of the setup & except for partial profit booking because again it would kill the risk:reward ratio.

As, GN has a tendency to reverse & spike up and down, out of nowhere.

And, Now, as it is confirmed earlier was a fake setup and price didn't continue moving in the latter half of the Bearish channel & reversed up again into the first half of Bearish Channel, where now it's looking to break above and continue it's run in the first half of Bullish Channel.

So, with this view, I had already triggered a buy entry with 55 pips SL. Though, the breakout haven't taken place yet, I am early into the trade because once the breakout happens I can then immediately be able to protect my trade.

And, with yesterday low or reversal point we got another new bullish trendline and with the help of that I had drawn parallel channel projections (blue lines) to see the strength & projection of current setup, how far it can move and it looks like it can move all the way upto upper area of bearish channels, which is 140 pips away from my entry.

Let's see how this setup goes, the risk invovled in this setup is 2% and I will increase to my normal 5% when I gains confidence & good performance results with this method, until then 2% risk per setup.

And, till I get well versed with this method, I would be just focusing on trading 1 pair i.e GN.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MartyFish For This Useful Post:

adewale (12-07-2017), Alexander Tatsumaki (12-07-2017), Leonvic90 (12-07-2017), simisola (12-07-2017), zahidmehmood (12-07-2017)

MT5 Addict
      I am:
      Daring

Leonvic90 has a brilliant future Leonvic90 has a brilliant future Leonvic90 has a brilliant future Leonvic90 has a brilliant future Leonvic90 has a brilliant future Leonvic90 has a brilliant future Leonvic90 has a brilliant future Leonvic90 has a brilliant future Leonvic90 has a brilliant future Leonvic90 has a brilliant future Leonvic90 has a brilliant future Leonvic90's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      125.14 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,509 Times in 467 Posts

Hahaha haha brother Martyfish, no strategy or analysis is really fail safe, anything can happen, I remember that you were sure about this trade because everything just aligned themselves with your indicators, that also means nobody can boast of being the best trader, forex is an environmental where we should expect anything!

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Leonvic90 For This Useful Post:

adewale (12-07-2017), MartyFish (12-07-2017), simisola (12-07-2017)

19. FB
      Forex in the blood
      I am:
      Relaxed

Accumulated bonus
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Leonvic90 View Post
      Hahaha haha brother Martyfish, no strategy or analysis is really fail safe, anything can happen, I remember that you were sure about this trade because everything just aligned themselves with your indicators, that also means nobody can boast of being the best trader, forex is an environmental where we should expect anything!
      yes that's the way how the market trap works

It makes you believe that the market is moving as per your analysis.

And, Sometimes it moves with accordance to your view & makes you look smart.

And, Sometimes it just pretends to move with your accordance but later leaves you alone wondering what has just happened & makes you look like a fool.

That's the reality.

So, as trader it's our job to play as safely & smartly as we can, one way to do that is use a SL & then use a trade protecting SL once you are in positive. Had I not protected this trade then sure my SL would have hit and if I would not go with a SL considering how confident I am then I would now have a large floating minus.

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MartyFish For This Useful Post:

adewale (12-07-2017), simisola (12-07-2017), zahidmehmood (12-07-2017)

Reply to Thread
    Page 56 of 61 FirstFirst ... 51 54 55 56 57 58 ... LastLast