• Worried
  • Yeehaw
  • Reply to Thread
    Page 57 of 143 FirstFirst ... 52 55 56 57 58 59 62 ... LastLast

Thread: MartyFish's trading journal

Banned
      I am:
      Daring

Leonvic90 has a reputation beyond repute Leonvic90 has a reputation beyond repute Leonvic90 has a reputation beyond repute Leonvic90 has a reputation beyond repute Leonvic90 has a reputation beyond repute Leonvic90 has a reputation beyond repute Leonvic90 has a reputation beyond repute Leonvic90 has a reputation beyond repute Leonvic90 has a reputation beyond repute Leonvic90 has a reputation beyond repute Leonvic90 has a reputation beyond repute Leonvic90's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      1,427.17 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 8,267 Times in 1,664 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MartyFish View Post
      yes that's the way how the market trap works

It makes you believe that the market is moving as per your analysis.

And, Sometimes it moves with accordance to your view & makes you look smart.

And, Sometimes it just pretends to move with your accordance but later leaves you alone wondering what has just happened & makes you look like a fool.

That's the reality.

So, as trader it's our job to play as safely & smartly as we can, one way to do that is use a SL & then use a trade protecting SL once you are in
      positive. Had I not protect this trade then sure my SL would have hit and if I would not go with a SL considering how confident I am then I would now have a large floating minus.
      Trap! Yes brother Martyfish that is the keyword here, when a trader feels his analysis has no margin of error, it breeds overconfidence and he will probably say to himself, since this is an A+ setup, let me add a little more lot size so that I can make much higher returns, some will completely put money management aside and go with hundred percent of their account.

2. The following 4 users say Thank You to Leonvic90 for this useful post.

adewale (12-07-2017), MartyFish (12-07-2017), penuelophir (12-07-2017), simisola (12-07-2017)

My charts talk to me!
      I am:
      Inspired

zahidmehmood has a reputation beyond repute zahidmehmood has a reputation beyond repute zahidmehmood has a reputation beyond repute zahidmehmood has a reputation beyond repute zahidmehmood has a reputation beyond repute zahidmehmood has a reputation beyond repute zahidmehmood has a reputation beyond repute zahidmehmood has a reputation beyond repute zahidmehmood has a reputation beyond repute zahidmehmood has a reputation beyond repute zahidmehmood has a reputation beyond repute zahidmehmood's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      748.14 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,362 Times in 591 Posts

yes that's the way how the market trap works

It makes you believe that the market is moving as per your analysis.

And, Sometimes it moves with accordance to your view & makes you look smart.

And, Sometimes it just pretends to move with your accordance but later leaves you alone wondering what has just happened & makes you look like a fool.

That's the reality.

So, as trader it's our job to play as safely & smartly as we can, one way to do that is use a SL & then use a trade protecting SL once you are in positive. Had I not protected this trade then sure my SL would have hit and if I would not go with a SL considering how confident I am then I would now have a large floating minus.
      yes the market is uncontrollable, sometimes it gets us frustrated because few trades reverse from half way, it happens to me also but I try to remain calm because I know that not every trade will reverse, I just need to be patient and keep doing what I am supposed to do according to my trading plan and I will be in overall profit at the end and that is all matters to me.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to zahidmehmood For This Useful Post:

MartyFish (12-07-2017)

It's time to retire!
      I am:
      Cheerful

adewale has a reputation beyond repute adewale has a reputation beyond repute adewale has a reputation beyond repute adewale has a reputation beyond repute adewale has a reputation beyond repute adewale has a reputation beyond repute adewale has a reputation beyond repute adewale has a reputation beyond repute adewale has a reputation beyond repute adewale has a reputation beyond repute adewale has a reputation beyond repute adewale's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      4,438.85 USD (What is this?)
      caught pokemons
      6 (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 9,232 Times in 3,215 Posts

Yes @zahidmehmood the forex market is not controllable and totally predictable, we may feel confident about a specific setup and it can become a loser, using protective stop loss that what @martyfish used is the best strategy always, we can lose the trade and not feel terrible.
      Check Out My Journal My Ichimoku+200 EMA Strategy

Jesus Loves You;Jesus Saves!

6. The following 5 users say Thank You to adewale for this useful post.

Leonvic90 (12-07-2017), MartyFish (12-07-2017), penuelophir (12-07-2017), simisola (12-07-2017), zahidmehmood (12-07-2017)

Forum Master
      I am:
      Happy

penuelophir has a reputation beyond repute penuelophir has a reputation beyond repute penuelophir has a reputation beyond repute penuelophir has a reputation beyond repute penuelophir has a reputation beyond repute penuelophir has a reputation beyond repute penuelophir has a reputation beyond repute penuelophir has a reputation beyond repute penuelophir has a reputation beyond repute penuelophir has a reputation beyond repute penuelophir has a reputation beyond repute penuelophir's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      2,921.58 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 8,571 Times in 3,114 Posts

Trying to build confidence on what we are using to trade takes time and hard work, but above all it takes consistency and we should not be so over confidence that we should start using wrong trading lots on a small trading account which would only lead to huge losses!
      Wisdom Is The Ability To Apply Knowledge And Experience To Any Given Situation.
      If you do not take control of your risks then you lose control of your trades

8. The following 4 users say Thank You to penuelophir for this useful post.

forexguy9 (12-07-2017), MartyFish (12-07-2017), simisola (12-07-2017), zahidmehmood (12-07-2017)

My charts talk to me!
      I am:
      Cynical

MartyFish has a reputation beyond repute MartyFish has a reputation beyond repute MartyFish has a reputation beyond repute MartyFish has a reputation beyond repute MartyFish has a reputation beyond repute MartyFish has a reputation beyond repute MartyFish has a reputation beyond repute MartyFish has a reputation beyond repute MartyFish has a reputation beyond repute MartyFish has a reputation beyond repute MartyFish has a reputation beyond repute MartyFish's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      1,461.77 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,775 Times in 688 Posts

@Update:-
      And, Now, as it is confirmed earlier was a fake setup and price didn't continue moving in the latter half of the Bearish channel & reversed up again into the first half of Bearish Channel, where now it's looking to break above and continue it's run in the first half of Bullish Channel.

So, with this view, I had already triggered a buy entry with 55 pips SL. Though, the breakout haven't taken place yet, I am early into the trade because once the breakout happens I can then immediately be able to protect my trade.

And, with yesterday low or reversal point we got another new bullish trendline and with the help of that I had drawn parallel channel projections (blue lines) to see the strength & projection of current setup, how far it can move and it looks like it can move all the way upto upper area of bearish channels, which is 140 pips away from my entry.

Let's see how this setup goes, the risk invovled in this setup is 2% and I will increase to my normal 5% when I gains confidence & good performance results with this method, until then 2% risk per setup.

And, till I get well versed with this method, I would be just focusing on trading 1 pair i.e GN.

Price broked up and moved 40+ pips in my direction and now I have protected my trade and now will let the market decide it's fate.

Though, I have a TP placed in which is at 140+ pips. And, I could later interfere if price looks to struggle in getting upto the TP or if I notice a possible reversal or weakness in my direction.
      Attached Images  
      Last edited by MartyFish; 12-07-2017 at 12:19 PM.

10. The following 6 users say Thank You to MartyFish for this useful post.

adewale (12-07-2017), Alexander Tatsumaki (12-07-2017), Leonvic90 (12-07-2017), PhantomTrader79 (12-08-2017), simisola (12-07-2017), zahidmehmood (12-07-2017)

My charts talk to me!
      I am:
      Cynical

MartyFish has a reputation beyond repute MartyFish has a reputation beyond repute MartyFish has a reputation beyond repute MartyFish has a reputation beyond repute MartyFish has a reputation beyond repute MartyFish has a reputation beyond repute MartyFish has a reputation beyond repute MartyFish has a reputation beyond repute MartyFish has a reputation beyond repute MartyFish has a reputation beyond repute MartyFish has a reputation beyond repute MartyFish's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      1,461.77 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,775 Times in 688 Posts

Price broked up and moved 40+ pips in my direction and now I have protected my trade and now will let the market decide it's fate.

Though, I have a TP placed in which is at 140+ pips. And, I could later interfere if price looks to struggle in getting upto the TP or if I notice a possible reversal or weakness in my direction.
      @Update:- wtf, again got stopped out at breakeven+1 after going 96+ pips in profit, what is this carzy GN doing.

Well, still i will take some more trades with this method and see what overall result it produces or it just serves me breakeven+1 pips all the time.
      Attached Images  

12. The following 7 users say Thank You to MartyFish for this useful post.

adewale (12-07-2017), ajagbeolegba (12-07-2017), Alexander Tatsumaki (12-07-2017), Leonvic90 (12-07-2017), NikitaBelle (12-08-2017), PhantomTrader79 (12-08-2017), simisola (12-07-2017)

MT5 Veteran
      I am:
      Cool

Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      3,067.40 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 7,945 Times in 2,695 Posts

again got stopped out at breakeven+1 after going 96+ pips in profit, what is this carzy GN doing
      i guess you haven't heard about this:

The Symbiosis mashed up Trading Journal
      <--

Winner of Best answers contest!

14. The following 2 users say Thank You to Alexander Tatsumaki for this useful post.

MartyFish (12-07-2017), PhantomTrader79 (12-08-2017)

It's time to retire!
      I am:
      Happy

forexguy9 has a reputation beyond repute forexguy9 has a reputation beyond repute forexguy9 has a reputation beyond repute forexguy9 has a reputation beyond repute forexguy9 has a reputation beyond repute forexguy9 has a reputation beyond repute forexguy9 has a reputation beyond repute forexguy9 has a reputation beyond repute forexguy9 has a reputation beyond repute forexguy9 has a reputation beyond repute forexguy9 has a reputation beyond repute forexguy9's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      3,842.09 USD (What is this?)
      caught pokemons
      2 (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 5,516 Times in 2,146 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by penuelophir View Post
      Trying to build confidence on what we are using to trade takes time and hard work, but above all it takes consistency and we should not be so over confidence that we should start using wrong trading lots on a small trading account which would only lead to huge losses!
      yes, hard work matters if success would happen. but, then who wants to gain something for nothing. such a fellow would be a loser! you have to sow before you could reap! the sowing takes time as the trader learns and practices on the demo trading account and acquires skills and experience from same.
      ''Too many times we settle into a set way of thinking and accept limitations that need not be placed on us'' -John C. Maxwell

Hedging Edge: Heading For $6 Million!

16. The following 3 users say Thank You to forexguy9 for this useful post.

Leonvic90 (12-07-2017), MartyFish (12-08-2017), simisola (12-07-2017)

MT5 Veteran
      I am:
      ----

ajagbeolegba has a brilliant future ajagbeolegba has a brilliant future ajagbeolegba has a brilliant future ajagbeolegba has a brilliant future ajagbeolegba has a brilliant future ajagbeolegba has a brilliant future ajagbeolegba has a brilliant future ajagbeolegba has a brilliant future ajagbeolegba has a brilliant future ajagbeolegba has a brilliant future ajagbeolegba has a brilliant future ajagbeolegba's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      829.63 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,530 Times in 840 Posts

@Update:- wtf, again got stopped out at breakeven+1 after going 96+ pips in profit, what is this carzy GN doing.

Well, still i will take some more trades with this method and see what overall result it produces or it just serves me breakeven+1 pips all the time.
      I guess it was because GBPUSD was climbing in the morning that makes you get such success with your GBPNZD. Now, i think the table has turned because GBPUSD is now following its real market pattern, because it is in the bearish direction. I managed to opted out 65 pips on GBPCAD this morning, and i was so lucky to close the trade before the sharp drop on the pair. It dropped so fast later.

18. The following 2 users say Thank You to ajagbeolegba for this useful post.

forexguy9 (12-07-2017), MartyFish (12-08-2017)

Banned
      I am:
      ----

simisola has a reputation beyond repute simisola has a reputation beyond repute simisola has a reputation beyond repute simisola has a reputation beyond repute simisola has a reputation beyond repute simisola has a reputation beyond repute simisola has a reputation beyond repute simisola has a reputation beyond repute simisola has a reputation beyond repute simisola has a reputation beyond repute simisola has a reputation beyond repute simisola's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      2,486.28 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 11,567 Times in 2,922 Posts

GBPNZD is a volatile and crazy pair that does not give you a chance to make much especially when it seems to be in a range, it is subtle, the suggestion I will give is to plot the boundaries of the range and pick it from bottom and top, buy the downs and sell the ups.

20. The following 3 users say Thank You to simisola for this useful post.

adewale (12-07-2017), Leonvic90 (12-07-2017), MartyFish (12-08-2017)

Reply to Thread
    Page 57 of 143 FirstFirst ... 52 55 56 57 58 59 62 ... LastLast