• Worried
  • Yeehaw
  • Reply to Thread
    Page 90 of 143 FirstFirst ... 85 88 89 90 91 92 95 ... LastLast

Thread: MartyFish's trading journal

Banned
      I am:
      ----

Neriah has a reputation beyond repute Neriah has a reputation beyond repute Neriah has a reputation beyond repute Neriah has a reputation beyond repute Neriah has a reputation beyond repute Neriah has a reputation beyond repute Neriah has a reputation beyond repute Neriah has a reputation beyond repute Neriah has a reputation beyond repute Neriah has a reputation beyond repute Neriah has a reputation beyond repute Neriah's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      857.59 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 6,651 Times in 1,095 Posts

This should be fun, please someone should shift for me, I guess this movie we are about to see will be a very interesting one, I am thinking it to be a thriller packed with some real action that will keep the viewers glued to the edge of their seats, can someone share popcorn with me, it's fun that way just kidding Heheheheh, I wish you a wonderful experience as you try your hands on a new strategy and I hope that you will learn a lesson or two from this decision you have taken, may the force of the market be with you.

2. The following 3 users say Thank You to Neriah for this useful post.

MartyFish (02-14-2018), Oghale (02-15-2018), simisola (02-14-2018)

Forum Guru
      I am:
      ----

sonibark has a reputation beyond repute sonibark has a reputation beyond repute sonibark has a reputation beyond repute sonibark has a reputation beyond repute sonibark has a reputation beyond repute sonibark has a reputation beyond repute sonibark has a reputation beyond repute sonibark has a reputation beyond repute sonibark has a reputation beyond repute sonibark has a reputation beyond repute sonibark has a reputation beyond repute sonibark's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      2,280.66 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 13,330 Times in 3,375 Posts

Yes, it is horrible to risk 20% per trade & that is why I have mentioned in my post, Don't try this, unless you can afford to lose your capital.
      risking 20 percent per trade is very horrible and if there is another word to replace this, yes i found one word, i think its suicider to risk 20m percent per trade, most especially when we dont have more than 200usd as a trading capital, it simply mean s we are just toying around with our capital and this is a very wrong idea to trade, we need to risk less to be able to enjoy trading in the forex market

4. The following 5 users say Thank You to sonibark for this useful post.

MartyFish (02-14-2018), Unregistered (4)

My charts talk to me!
      I am:
      Cynical

MartyFish has a reputation beyond repute MartyFish has a reputation beyond repute MartyFish has a reputation beyond repute MartyFish has a reputation beyond repute MartyFish has a reputation beyond repute MartyFish has a reputation beyond repute MartyFish has a reputation beyond repute MartyFish has a reputation beyond repute MartyFish has a reputation beyond repute MartyFish has a reputation beyond repute MartyFish has a reputation beyond repute MartyFish's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      1,461.77 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,776 Times in 688 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Neriah View Post
      I wish you a wonderful experience as you try your hands on a new strategy and I hope that you will learn a lesson or two from this decision you have taken, may the force of the market be with you.
      Strategy is same as discussed in this journal just trading parameters are different i.e from 2-5% of risk per trade, I will be using 20% risk per trade.

Quote Originally Posted by sonibark View Post
      risking 20 percent per trade is very horrible and if there is another word to replace this, yes i found one word, i think its suicider to risk 20m percent per trade, most especially when we dont have more than 200usd as a trading capital, it simply mean s we are just toying around with our capital and this is a very wrong idea to trade, we need to risk less to be able to enjoy trading in the forex market
      yes it's suicidal & yes you all can see & enjoy the live telecast of my suicide

Guess, what, I have now finally got a name for my this project "My Suicide Project".

6. The following 6 users say Thank You to MartyFish for this useful post.

Neriah (02-15-2018), NikitaBelle (02-14-2018), Oghale (02-15-2018), simisola (02-14-2018), Unregistered (2)

It's time to retire!
      I am:
      Cheerful

NikitaBelle has a reputation beyond repute NikitaBelle has a reputation beyond repute NikitaBelle has a reputation beyond repute NikitaBelle has a reputation beyond repute NikitaBelle has a reputation beyond repute NikitaBelle has a reputation beyond repute NikitaBelle has a reputation beyond repute NikitaBelle has a reputation beyond repute NikitaBelle has a reputation beyond repute NikitaBelle has a reputation beyond repute NikitaBelle has a reputation beyond repute NikitaBelle's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      10,905.17 USD (What is this?)
      caught pokemons
      34 (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 27,027 Times in 7,461 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MartyFish View Post
      I know with my this new challenge I am sounding out a bit insane, greedy & desperate to earn faster. But, I can't do anything about that only time will tell if this challenge was good or bad for me.

I am not changing the system here. I would be very much trading like I do but with just different parameters instead of 2-5% risk per trade, I am using 20% risk per trade. As in my last 5 months of trading I haven't hit my SL twice in a row & depending on that data I am trading with this parameter, which can extract maximum profit or maximum trading potential out of my trading method/system.

I won't be loosing $1000 that easily & I am trying this out in a separate real account which I can afford to lose, rest my bonus account & other real account I will be trading normally as usual with 2-5% risk per trade.
      This is good, show us what you got brother, am not here to condemn, but to show you my support as long that $1k is not intended for payment of bills and family needs then go for it! You got a nerve of steel which I never had, am cheering for you!
      Strategy is same as discussed in this journal just trading parameters are different i.e from 2-5% of risk per trade, I will be using 20% risk per trade.

yes it's suicidal & yes you all can see & enjoy the live telecast of my suicide

Guess, what, I have now finally got a name for my this project "My Suicide Project".
      Your suicide project will last for 6 months bro! And please don't forget the stop loss? hahahaha, just kidding! Good luck! Does it start now? Reserve a seat for me!
      Am still hibernating, will wake up one day, all depends on fate. Hope to see you all-soon! Miss you all friends!

8. The following 3 users say Thank You to NikitaBelle for this useful post.

MartyFish (02-14-2018), Unregistered (2)

My charts talk to me!
      I am:
      Cynical

MartyFish has a reputation beyond repute MartyFish has a reputation beyond repute MartyFish has a reputation beyond repute MartyFish has a reputation beyond repute MartyFish has a reputation beyond repute MartyFish has a reputation beyond repute MartyFish has a reputation beyond repute MartyFish has a reputation beyond repute MartyFish has a reputation beyond repute MartyFish has a reputation beyond repute MartyFish has a reputation beyond repute MartyFish's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NikitaBelle View Post
      This is good, show us what you got brother, am not here to condemn, but to show you my support as long that $1k is not intended for payment of bills and family needs then go for it! You got a nerve of steel which I never had, am cheering for you!
      No, it's not intended for payment of bills or family. It's coming from my bitcoin reserve which I can afford to lose. It's not a random project, I am planning on it for atleast more than 6 months now & if you would refer my earliest post in this forum, then you will come to know that i have mentioned about this project way back 5 months before, here in this forum.

And, I am doing it now, because I feel ready & feel that i can do justice to my plan.

Quote Originally Posted by NikitaBelle View Post
      Your suicide project will last for 6 months bro! And please don't forget the stop loss? hahahaha, just kidding! Good luck! Does it start now? Reserve a seat for me!
      How you can say that it will last for 6 months? any logic

Yes, my every order will have a fix stoploss always.

Yes, it has already begin, I am waiting for my first setup, as soon as i get it I will pull the trigger & the showdown begins.

10. The following 3 users say Thank You to MartyFish for this useful post.

Oghale (02-15-2018), simisola (02-14-2018), union12 (02-15-2018)

Forum Master
      I am:
      Happy

penuelophir has a reputation beyond repute penuelophir has a reputation beyond repute penuelophir has a reputation beyond repute penuelophir has a reputation beyond repute penuelophir has a reputation beyond repute penuelophir has a reputation beyond repute penuelophir has a reputation beyond repute penuelophir has a reputation beyond repute penuelophir has a reputation beyond repute penuelophir has a reputation beyond repute penuelophir has a reputation beyond repute penuelophir's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      2,921.58 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 8,603 Times in 3,128 Posts

Don't you think risking 20% each time is too much for your account balance which is just $1000? Do not be offended that I asked you this question but I am just curious to know your rational behind taking such huge risk, because I believe that when we risk according to the size of the account then we are good to good.
      Wisdom Is The Ability To Apply Knowledge And Experience To Any Given Situation.
      If you do not take control of your risks then you lose control of your trades

12. The following 5 users say Thank You to penuelophir for this useful post.

MartyFish (02-14-2018), Oghale (02-15-2018), simisola (02-14-2018), Unregistered (2)

My charts talk to me!
      I am:
      Cynical

Accumulated bonus
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by penuelophir View Post
      Don't you think risking 20% each time is too much for your account balance which is just $1000? Do not be offended that I asked you this question but I am just curious to know your rational behind taking such huge risk, because I believe that when we risk according to the size of the account then we are good to good.
      The Objective behind using such high risk in a $1000 account is none but only to grow that $1000 into something bigger & as fast as possible.

I don't know I will be successful at it or not but i want to try it. I have been planning & working on this plan for a long time, on paper & on backtest the plan looks good & if it turns out the same in live trading then I would surely make this $1000 into something big like $10,000, that's the objective.

If not then I will lose some part of $1000 may be 50% or 80% of it but if I succeed I would surely be making bigger amounts, now it's to be seen how this works out in a live market with real pressure.

It's My Trading Skills vs The Market, if I have the needed skills then I will win, if not then as always Market will win.

14. The following 4 users say Thank You to MartyFish for this useful post.

simisola (02-14-2018), union12 (02-15-2018), Unregistered (2)

Forum Master
      I am:
      Happy

balut has a reputation beyond repute balut has a reputation beyond repute balut has a reputation beyond repute balut has a reputation beyond repute balut has a reputation beyond repute balut has a reputation beyond repute balut has a reputation beyond repute balut has a reputation beyond repute balut has a reputation beyond repute balut has a reputation beyond repute balut has a reputation beyond repute balut's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      2,480.23 USD (What is this?)
      caught pokemons
      1 (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 6,996 Times in 1,971 Posts

It depends on my performance.

With 20% risk per trade, with 1:1 r:r trades, it will take just 5 consecutive trade wins to make a 100% return or just 1 good trade of 1:5 r:r, or 10 consecutive winning trades of 2:1 r:r.

It can take 1 trade, 3 trades, 5 trades, 10 trades, 20 trades or even more.

Though, my average number of taking trades in a month is around 4-8 trades per month. So, depending on that if I perform above average it should take less than 2-3 months to hit $2000+ capital level or a 100% return.
      20% risk per trade on a $1000 balance (real account and personal money) and that is a whooping $200.
      I can only do this to my bonus account but not on my hard earned money as deposit. Either you have some balls of steel or just have enough money to spend trading. I'm also excited to your future result and I'm going to monitor your progress. Good luck!

16. The following 6 users say Thank You to balut for this useful post.

catfish007 (02-14-2018), MartyFish (02-14-2018), Oghale (02-15-2018), simisola (02-14-2018), Unregistered (2)

My charts talk to me!
      I am:
      Cynical

Accumulated bonus
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by balut View Post
      20% risk per trade on a $1000 balance (real account and personal money) and that is a whooping $200.
      I can only do this to my bonus account but not on my hard earned money as deposit. Either you have some balls of steel or just have enough money to spend trading. I'm also excited to your future result and I'm going to monitor your progress. Good luck!
      yes 20% risk per trade on $1000 is $200 that's whopping. But, the setup I take will be from higher timeframes. So they would definitely need a stoploss of around 100-200 pips which means at max I would be trading a maximum of $2 per pips & on average I will be trading $1 per pips, which is not that risky & not that big of a lot size.

I don't see the difference between bonus money & real money, both are capital for me & shouldn't make much difference.

The 20% risk per trade is making me look insane or rich enough to just play with it & have fun, but it's not like that. I would try my best to protect my $1000 capital period.

18. The following 6 users say Thank You to MartyFish for this useful post.

catfish007 (02-15-2018), union12 (02-15-2018), Unregistered (4)

19. Dragon
      FX Vampire
      I am:
      Fine

catfish007 has a reputation beyond repute catfish007 has a reputation beyond repute catfish007 has a reputation beyond repute catfish007 has a reputation beyond repute catfish007 has a reputation beyond repute catfish007 has a reputation beyond repute catfish007 has a reputation beyond repute catfish007 has a reputation beyond repute catfish007 has a reputation beyond repute catfish007 has a reputation beyond repute catfish007 has a reputation beyond repute catfish007's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      829.93 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,294 Times in 890 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by balut View Post
      If you are afraid to risk high in the market, you will not be making much money as well. With what the trader has said, it is a bit high though, but when you have a good trading system you are playing with, you would realize that you will not lose that money. There are many traders here that has more than 75% winning strategy, and with this kind of trading strategy, i am sure that the trader will not lose all that money when they are applying the right risk management with what they are doing.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to catfish007 For This Useful Post:

MartyFish (02-14-2018)

Reply to Thread
    Page 90 of 143 FirstFirst ... 85 88 89 90 91 92 95 ... LastLast