• Yeehaw
  • Closed Thread
    Page 1 of 49 1 2 3 6 ... LastLast

Thread: mikehenley's trading journal

Hybrid View

Forex in the blood
      I am:
      Relaxed

mikehenley is a splendid one to behold mikehenley is a splendid one to behold mikehenley is a splendid one to behold mikehenley is a splendid one to behold mikehenley is a splendid one to behold mikehenley is a splendid one to behold mikehenley is a splendid one to behold mikehenley's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Default mikehenley's trading journal

Hi to the community,

I would like to share also my journey on achieving success through the forex world,
      I am glad that I have started my journal and share also what I have learn over the months of Trading..

Basically I am a PRICE ACTION Trader with no indicator involves, just a bare clean price action chart.
      I do apply a Sniper Trading Approach and Highly Respect the 50% Retracement Levels, Price Action Bars and the Head and Shoulder Patterns.

Still Newbie here and need lot more to learn,
      But through this journal, It will help me monitor my progress,

This are my rules of trading that I have develop and will continue to practice to make it consistently profitable:

"ON ANALYZING THE CHART"
      ANALYZE USING DAILY CHART TIME FRAME ONLY
      DRAW MAJOR SUPPORT AND RESISTANCE LEVEL "DAILY, WEEKLY OR MONTHLY"
      OBSERVE THE TREND AND CHECK THE PRICE ACTION, "HH,HL;LH,LL"
      ZOOM IN AND ZOOM OUT TO VIEW THE OVERALL TREND
      CHECK THE CONDITION OF THE BARS
      ALWAYS CHECK THE POSSIBLE HEAD AND SHOULDER SIGNAL OR OTHER PRICE PATTERNS
      IF YOU CAN'T TELL WHAT IS HAPPENING ON THE CHARTS QUICKLY, IT IS USUALLY BETTER TO STAND ASIDE UNTIL YOU CAN SEE A CLEAR SIGNAL FORMATION

"ON ENTERING TRADE"
      LOOK FOR THE "VALUE AREA" - BY LOOKING FOR THE PRICE TO RETRACE ON THE SUPPORT OR RESISTANCE LEVEL
      "REMEMBER THAT PRICE WILL ALWAYS RETRACE ON A SIGNIFICANT OR KEY SUPPORT AND RESISTANCE LEVEL"
      CHECK THE 1HR OR 4H CHART FOR POSSIBLE ENTRY AND WATCH IT CLOSELY
      ENTER ONLY IF THE CANDLE ARE ALREADY CLOSED (EITHER FROM 1HR, 4HR OR DAILY)
      "DO NOT EVER CHASE THE MARKET AFTER MISSING A TRADE, INSTEAD WAIT FOR THE 2ND CHANCE ENTRY"

"ON SETTING STOP LOSS, TAKE PROFIT TARGETS"
      PLACE THE STOP LOSS ABOVE OR BELOW THE WICKED OF THE PREVIOUS "DAILY CANDLE"
      "CHECK IF THERE IS A NEAREST SUPPORT OR RESISTANCE BEFORE SETTING STOP LOSS"

PLACE THE TAKE PROFIT ON NEAREST DAILY SUPPORT AND RESISTANCE LEVEL
      " NEAREST SUPPORT AND RESISTANCE LEVEL CAN BE USED AS THE TAKE PROFIT TARGET"
      " SET THE TAKE PROFIT BASE FROM RISK:REWARD RATIO"

"ON EXITING TRADE"
      LET THE MARKET STOP THE TRADE
      LET THE MARKET HIT THE STOP LOSS
      EXIT MANUALLY BECAUSE THE PRICE ACTION FORMS A SIGNAL AGAINST THE POSITION
      EXIT A TRADE WHEN ALREADY HAVE A RESPECTABLE PROFIT, RATHER THAN WAITING FOR THE MARKET TURNS AROUND AND COME CRASHING
      TAKE PROFIT, DO NOT WORRY FOR NOT CATCHING THE WHOLE MOVE AND DON'T REGRET IT, THERE WILL ALWAYS BE AN OPPORTUNITY
      AVOID EXITING OUT OF FEAR
      "CUT BAD TRADES AS SOON AS POSSIBLE", "IF YOU FEEL NOT CONFIDENT ON OPEN POSITION, BETTER TO CUT LOSS EARLY"
      REMEMBER TO PROTECT THE CAPITAL AT ALL COST, THERE WILL ALWAYS BE AN OPPORTUNITY

I know some of you also adopt the Price Action and Clean Chart for analysis,
      I would appreciate if i could hear some feedback from the veterans,

I know I have a lot of work to do to profit consistently, but mark this day as the journey of sniper trader started..

I will start to post my snipe trade and those that I've been watching on later...

"ALWAYS REMEMBER THAT PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE"

Thanks  

FX Zombie
      I am:
      Asleep

Star_amin has much to be proud of Star_amin has much to be proud of Star_amin has much to be proud of Star_amin has much to be proud of Star_amin has much to be proud of Star_amin has much to be proud of Star_amin has much to be proud of Star_amin has much to be proud of Star_amin's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,060 Times in 434 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mikehenley View Post
      Hi to the community,

I would like to share also my journey on achieving success through the forex world,
      I am glad that I have started my journal and share also what I have learn over the months of Trading..

Basically I am a PRICE ACTION Trader with no indicator involves, just a bare clean price action chart.
      I do apply a Sniper Trading Approach and Highly Respect the 50% Retracement Levels, Price Action Bars and the Head and Shoulder Patterns.

This are my rules of trading that I have develop and will continue to practice to make it consistently profitable:

"ON ANALYZING THE CHART"
      IF YOU CAN'T TELL WHAT IS HAPPENING ON THE CHARTS QUICKLY, IT IS USUALLY BETTER TO STAND ASIDE UNTIL YOU CAN SEE A CLEAR SIGNAL FORMATION

"ON ENTERING TRADE"
      LOOK FOR THE "VALUE AREA" - BY LOOKING FOR THE PRICE TO RETRACE ON THE SUPPORT OR RESISTANCE LEVEL
      "REMEMBER THAT PRICE WILL ALWAYS RETRACE ON A SIGNIFICANT OR KEY SUPPORT AND RESISTANCE LEVEL"
      "DO NOT EVER CHASE THE MARKET AFTER MISSING A TRADE, INSTEAD WAIT FOR THE 2ND CHANCE ENTRY"

"ON EXITING TRADE"
      EXIT A TRADE WHEN ALREADY HAVE A RESPECTABLE PROFIT, RATHER THAN WAITING FOR THE MARKET TURNS AROUND AND COME CRASHING
      TAKE PROFIT, DO NOT WORRY FOR NOT CATCHING THE WHOLE MOVE AND DON'T REGRET IT, THERE WILL ALWAYS BE AN OPPORTUNITY
      "CUT BAD TRADES AS SOON AS POSSIBLE", "IF YOU FEEL NOT CONFIDENT ON OPEN POSITION, BETTER TO CUT LOSS EARLY"
      REMEMBER TO PROTECT THE CAPITAL AT ALL COST, THERE WILL ALWAYS BE AN OPPORTUNITY

I know I have a lot of work to do to profit consistently, but mark this day as the journey of sniper trader started..

I will start to post my snipe trade and those that I've been watching on later...

Welcome to the trading journal section bro. It is good that your trading method is price action based which brings success most of the time.

Don't forget to share entry and exit points of your trades with screenshots. Best of luck

Thanks  

3. The following 2 users say Thank You to Star_amin for this useful post.

adewale (09-15-2017), samadel (09-15-2017)

It's time to retire!
      I am:
      Cheerful

NikitaBelle has a reputation beyond repute NikitaBelle has a reputation beyond repute NikitaBelle has a reputation beyond repute NikitaBelle has a reputation beyond repute NikitaBelle has a reputation beyond repute NikitaBelle has a reputation beyond repute NikitaBelle has a reputation beyond repute NikitaBelle has a reputation beyond repute NikitaBelle has a reputation beyond repute NikitaBelle has a reputation beyond repute NikitaBelle has a reputation beyond repute NikitaBelle's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 27,207 Times in 7,512 Posts

A very big welcome to you mikehenley!

It's your first post and first thread in the forum and here in the journal section, you made it happen! amazing!

Wow, you got a very detailed method with your strategy. If you follow your rules you will certainly go a long way in the forex world! Wish you success in your journal and more with your trading as well. All of us here can learn from each other's journal in daily basis for sure!

Welcome to the forum and cheers for your bright future in forex trading!

Thanks  

5. The following 2 users say Thank You to NikitaBelle for this useful post.

It's time to retire!
      I am:
      Happy

forexguy9 has a reputation beyond repute forexguy9 has a reputation beyond repute forexguy9 has a reputation beyond repute forexguy9 has a reputation beyond repute forexguy9 has a reputation beyond repute forexguy9 has a reputation beyond repute forexguy9 has a reputation beyond repute forexguy9 has a reputation beyond repute forexguy9 has a reputation beyond repute forexguy9 has a reputation beyond repute forexguy9 has a reputation beyond repute forexguy9's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,779 Times in 907 Posts

Hi to the community,

"ON ANALYZING THE CHART"

"ON ENTERING TRADE"

"ON EXITING TRADE"

welcome, mate, to the journal section of the forum. we are all learners and every journal owner has one or two things to give to others as well as gain from others. wish you lots of greens!
      ''Too many times we settle into a set way of thinking and accept limitations that need not be placed on us'' -John C. Maxwell

Hedging Edge: Heading For $6 Million!

Thanks  

7. The following 2 users say Thank You to forexguy9 for this useful post.

FX Zombie
      I am:
      ----

samadel has a spectacular aura about samadel has a spectacular aura about samadel has a spectacular aura about samadel's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

@ the journal owner: sniping is basically scalping, i guess? my favorite way of trading but most times i lose the trades. will like to learn some tricks from you. best of luck with your trades.

My Trading Journal: The Senior Newbie Journal

Thanks  

9. The following 2 users say Thank You to samadel for this useful post.

adewale (09-15-2017), Kalex (09-15-2017)

It's time to retire!
      I am:
      Fine

Kalex has a reputation beyond repute Kalex has a reputation beyond repute Kalex has a reputation beyond repute Kalex has a reputation beyond repute Kalex has a reputation beyond repute Kalex has a reputation beyond repute Kalex has a reputation beyond repute Kalex has a reputation beyond repute Kalex has a reputation beyond repute Kalex has a reputation beyond repute Kalex has a reputation beyond repute Kalex's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 6,085 Times in 1,739 Posts

Snipers should be very much accurate in thier analysis and for that i feel that you have to get the proper target price with less drawdown ,it would be defintely interesting how you will tackle the whole thing in a proper manner ,welcome board

Thanks  

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Kalex For This Useful Post:

adewale (09-15-2017)

MT5 Addict
      I am:
      Amazed

Mez Da Whiz has much to be proud of Mez Da Whiz has much to be proud of Mez Da Whiz has much to be proud of Mez Da Whiz has much to be proud of Mez Da Whiz has much to be proud of Mez Da Whiz has much to be proud of Mez Da Whiz has much to be proud of Mez Da Whiz has much to be proud of Mez Da Whiz has much to be proud of Mez Da Whiz's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,164 Times in 320 Posts

Yeah, price action rocks, because price actions help us identify what the market is communicating and presenting to us, all you need to do is understand not only the candlestick or bars, but the context as it forms, we must understand the underlying price action structure, you don't need to wait for a pin bar, or any engulfing bars to form before you enter, because price action shows a time tested setups.
      This language is familiar, a man in my opinion is one of the best price action teachers yet. In addition to the above, one considers the order flow, and the type of trend whether it's balanced or imbalanced. The one you posted is highly imbalanced in favour of the bears and that's why I feel a sell stop is in order because the momentum of the order flow is behind that move.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalex View Post
      Snipers should be very much accurate in thier analysis and for that i feel that you have to get the proper target price with less drawdown ,it would be defintely interesting how you will tackle the whole thing in a proper manner ,welcome board
      It requires more time and experience to be a scalper because trades can easily go against the trader. I tried it a few times but made only little profit
      Last edited by Mez Da Whiz; 04-26-2018 at 07:53 AM.
      Come Alive!
      Proudly Nigerian

Thanks  

Forex in the blood
      I am:
      Relaxed

mikehenley is a splendid one to behold mikehenley is a splendid one to behold mikehenley is a splendid one to behold mikehenley is a splendid one to behold mikehenley is a splendid one to behold mikehenley is a splendid one to behold mikehenley is a splendid one to behold mikehenley's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mez Da Whiz View Post
      It requires more time and experience to be a scalper because trades can easily go against the trader. I tried it a few times but made only little profit
      Yes, that is why, sniping and scalping are very different in context, Sniping is like, stalking, observing, anticipating and patiently waiting for the targets to come. I used sniper trading approach to develop my psychological discipline. I am adopting a sniper mindset who patiently waits and have the discipline to implement and execute my trading plan. I do not limit myself on the opportunities that the market is offering, there are a lot of opportunities to trade out there, I believe that any strategies out there will work, the only problem is the consistency on how you will implement those, discipline is also the key along with patience. but how to be a discipline and patient trader? Is for every traders to find out from themselves, but for me, I found the sniper trading approach to develop my patience and discipline, sniper are emotionless too, if he is going to kill, he is making sure that the target is killed, but if he miss his shot, he has the plan to exit to avoid being killed.
      My Trading Journal: Journey of a Sniper Trader

Thanks  

It's time to retire!
      I am:
      Sad

zahid4x has a reputation beyond repute zahid4x has a reputation beyond repute zahid4x has a reputation beyond repute zahid4x has a reputation beyond repute zahid4x has a reputation beyond repute zahid4x has a reputation beyond repute zahid4x has a reputation beyond repute zahid4x has a reputation beyond repute zahid4x has a reputation beyond repute zahid4x has a reputation beyond repute zahid4x has a reputation beyond repute zahid4x's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 5,285 Times in 1,953 Posts

Hi to the community,

"ON ANALYZING THE CHART"

"ON ENTERING TRADE"

"ON EXITING TRADE"

We got another price action trader with naked chart, Welcome bro in journal section, i am really interested to see your trading progress, because i always like to see price action trader how to they make consistent profit.. currently i am practicing with price action, i hope in future i will use this on my trade..

Thanks  

15. The Following User Says Thank You to zahid4x For This Useful Post:

adewale (09-15-2017)

It's time to retire!
      I am:
      Cheerful

adewale has a reputation beyond repute adewale has a reputation beyond repute adewale has a reputation beyond repute adewale has a reputation beyond repute adewale has a reputation beyond repute adewale has a reputation beyond repute adewale has a reputation beyond repute adewale has a reputation beyond repute adewale has a reputation beyond repute adewale has a reputation beyond repute adewale has a reputation beyond repute adewale's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 7,801 Times in 2,736 Posts

Hi to the community,

"ON ANALYZING THE CHART"

"ON ENTERING TRADE"

"ON EXITING TRADE"

Welcome to this wonderful community of like minds who are here to cheer you to success, price action is a very good trading strategy as long as one is patience enough to take only the setup that meets his requirements at all times, I wish you successful trading as you update us regularly.
      Check Out My Journal My Ichimoku+200 EMA Strategy

Jesus Loves You;Jesus Saves!

Thanks  

17. The Following User Says Thank You to adewale For This Useful Post:

simisola (09-15-2017)

Closed Thread
    Page 1 of 49 1 2 3 6 ... LastLast