• Worried
  • Yeehaw
  • Reply to Thread
    Page 1 of 31 1 2 3 6 ... LastLast

Thread: debren's trading journal

MT5 Maniac
      I am:
      ----

debren is a splendid one to behold debren is a splendid one to behold debren is a splendid one to behold debren is a splendid one to behold debren is a splendid one to behold debren is a splendid one to behold debren's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      767.24 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Default debren's trading journal

Hello everyone, i have also decided to join the league of ever winning traders in the trading journal section of this great forum. The strategy i want to share is what i just started working on and i am currently perfecting the effectiveness of this strategy on a demo trading account.

The strategy comprises of the combination of three (3) indicators which are;

-Two(2) Simple Moving Average(SMA), values 5 & 10;
      -Relative Strength Index(RSI), settings--Period=9, level=50;
      -Stochastic indicator, settings=14,3,3 and level=20(considered as oversold market) & 80(considered as overbought market).

Time Frame: Daily
      Currency Pair: Any Pair

RULES FOR BUYING:
      1. Wait for the 5SMA to cross the 10SMA to the upside;
      2. Check if the stochastic indicator is in the oversold condition(either below 20 level or just heading above 20 level)
      3. Check if RSI indicator is at or above 50 level;
      4. If conditions 1-3 are met, place a BUY STOP order at 10 pips above the high of the next candlestick(i.e the daily candlestick after the crossing);
      5. Stop loss should be either 100 pips or 80 pips below the low of the previous candlestick(whichever is higher) and the take profit should be either same value (1:1) or double the stop loss value(1:2). Appearance of a counter signal may also be used as the target.

RULES FOR SELLING:
      !. Wait for the 5SMA to cross the 10SMA to the downside;
      2. Check if the Stochastic indicator is in the overbought condition(either above 80 level or just heading below 80 level);
      4. Place a SELL STOP order at 10 pips below the low of the next candlestick(i.e the daily candlestick after the crossing);
      5. Stop loss should be either 100 pips or 80 pips above the high of the previous candlestick(whichever is higher) and same apply as in the buy rule for targets(1:1 or 1:2)

See the chart below for a trade taken today on USDCAD.
      Attached Images  

2. lamborghini
      Banned
      I am:
      ----

simisola has a reputation beyond repute simisola has a reputation beyond repute simisola has a reputation beyond repute simisola has a reputation beyond repute simisola has a reputation beyond repute simisola has a reputation beyond repute simisola has a reputation beyond repute simisola has a reputation beyond repute simisola has a reputation beyond repute simisola has a reputation beyond repute simisola has a reputation beyond repute simisola's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      2486.28 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 11,508 Times in 2,903 Posts

Your trading system is cool, but what I am a bit not comfortable with is the risk reward of 1:1 and that fact that you have a stop loss of as high as 80-100? To me that is a little somehow because if you have a losing streak, your account will have a drawdown.

4. The following 5 users say Thank You to simisola for this useful post.

Black Mamba (09-22-2017), dzin4aans (09-22-2017), PhantomTrader79 (09-27-2017), Unregistered (1), zahid4x (09-22-2017)

MT5 Veteran
      I am:
      Cool

Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      3067.40 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 7,702 Times in 2,593 Posts

but what I am a bit not comfortable with is the risk reward of 1:1 and that fact that you have a stop loss of as high as 80-100?
      those are unrelated really. he could be using 0.01 lot or 10 lot, would the 100 pips matter if the equity was the same?

if you have a losing streak, your account will have a drawdown.
      that would be true regardless. but i guess he believes that his method has an edge over the market, which is not something strange really. i see +4% about on my strategies, some are 3 some are 2. but yes it does happen.

The Symbiosis mashed up Trading Journal
      <--

Winner of Best answers contest!

6. The following 4 users say Thank You to Alexander Tatsumaki for this useful post.

Black Mamba (09-22-2017), dzin4aans (09-22-2017), Mkape (11-09-2017), zahid4x (09-22-2017)

It's time to retire!
      I am:
      Chatty

kammraz has a brilliant future kammraz has a brilliant future kammraz has a brilliant future kammraz has a brilliant future kammraz has a brilliant future kammraz has a brilliant future kammraz has a brilliant future kammraz has a brilliant future kammraz has a brilliant future kammraz has a brilliant future kammraz has a brilliant future kammraz's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      3227.82 USD (What is this?)
      caught pokemons
      2 (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,535 Times in 603 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by simisola View Post
      Your trading system is cool, but what I am a bit not comfortable with is the risk reward of 1:1 and that fact that you have a stop loss of as high as 80-100? To me that is a little somehow because if you have a losing streak, your account will have a drawdown.
      Quote Originally Posted by Alexander Tatsumaki View Post
      those are unrelated really. he could be using 0.01 lot or 10 lot, would the 100 pips matter if the equity was the same?

that would be true regardless. but i guess he believes that his method has an edge over the market, which is not something strange really. i see +4% about on my strategies, some are 3 some are 2. but yes it does happen.
      Actually the stop loss is even higher. 80-100 pips below previous low. So I take the liberty of looking at the chart and actually the stop loss is around 140 pips?

At the end of the day it will depend on his winning percentage and frequency of his trade. Anything above 51% per 100 trade will make him be in profit. But this trading using daily candlestick though.

Let us see how it goes for now. I believe thread starter will appreciate any good input from us as well.

8. The following 4 users say Thank You to kammraz for this useful post.

Black Mamba (09-22-2017), dzin4aans (09-22-2017), Unregistered (1), zahid4x (09-22-2017)

It's time to retire!
      I am:
      Cheerful

NikitaBelle has a reputation beyond repute NikitaBelle has a reputation beyond repute NikitaBelle has a reputation beyond repute NikitaBelle has a reputation beyond repute NikitaBelle has a reputation beyond repute NikitaBelle has a reputation beyond repute NikitaBelle has a reputation beyond repute NikitaBelle has a reputation beyond repute NikitaBelle has a reputation beyond repute NikitaBelle has a reputation beyond repute NikitaBelle has a reputation beyond repute NikitaBelle's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      10905.17 USD (What is this?)
      caught pokemons
      34 (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 26,962 Times in 7,442 Posts

Welcome to the journal section debren!

You got one of my favorite indicator Stochastic, interesting! It's a simple indicator that always misunderstood, anyways, let see how you can make profitable trades out of it and your other indicators combination as well.

I wish you success in your journal and in your trading in general!
      Cheers!

P.S. As per section rules, please add your journal to your signature. There is a cool step by step instruction below on how to do it in case you don't know...please check it out.

Section Rules

10. The following 3 users say Thank You to NikitaBelle for this useful post.

Black Mamba (09-22-2017), dzin4aans (09-22-2017), zahid4x (09-22-2017)

It's time to retire!
      I am:
      Tired

Black Mamba has a reputation beyond repute Black Mamba has a reputation beyond repute Black Mamba has a reputation beyond repute Black Mamba has a reputation beyond repute Black Mamba has a reputation beyond repute Black Mamba has a reputation beyond repute Black Mamba has a reputation beyond repute Black Mamba has a reputation beyond repute Black Mamba has a reputation beyond repute Black Mamba has a reputation beyond repute Black Mamba has a reputation beyond repute Black Mamba's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      3389.00 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,193 Times in 1,153 Posts

Welcome mate i am really excites to see how you would make profit out of this strategy, i have used this strategy for some time and let me remind you this is a very good strategy.
      Really excited to see some charts here hope you will be posting them soon

12. The following 3 users say Thank You to Black Mamba for this useful post.

dzin4aans (09-22-2017), simisola (09-22-2017), zahid4x (09-22-2017)

MT5 Veteran
      I am:
      Busy

FlyingShark has a reputation beyond repute FlyingShark has a reputation beyond repute FlyingShark has a reputation beyond repute FlyingShark has a reputation beyond repute FlyingShark has a reputation beyond repute FlyingShark has a reputation beyond repute FlyingShark has a reputation beyond repute FlyingShark has a reputation beyond repute FlyingShark has a reputation beyond repute FlyingShark has a reputation beyond repute FlyingShark has a reputation beyond repute FlyingShark's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      2054.50 USD (What is this?)
      caught pokemons
      5 (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,940 Times in 1,241 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by debren View Post
      Hello everyone, i have also decided to join the league of ever winning traders in the trading journal section of this great forum. The strategy i want to share is what i just started working on and i am currently perfecting the effectiveness of this strategy on a demo trading account.

-Stochastic indicator, settings=14,3,3 and level=20(considered as oversold market) & 80(considered as overbought market).

RULES FOR BUYING:
      2. Check if the stochastic indicator is in the oversold condition(either below 20 level or just heading above 20 level)
      4. If conditions 1-3 are met, place a BUY STOP order at 10 pips above the high of the next candlestick(i.e the daily candlestick after the crossing);
      5. Stop loss should be either 100 pips or 80 pips below the low of the previous candlestick(whichever is higher) and the take profit should be either same value (1:1) or double the stop loss value(1:2). Appearance of a counter signal may also be used as the target.

RULES FOR SELLING:
      2. Check if the Stochastic indicator is in the overbought condition(either above 80 level or just heading below 80 level);
      4. Place a SELL STOP order at 10 pips below the low of the next candlestick(i.e the daily candlestick after the crossing);
      5. Stop loss should be either 100 pips or 80 pips above the high of the previous candlestick(whichever is higher) and same apply as in the buy rule for targets(1:1 or 1:2)

Hi debren, I believe that you are watching well your charts, but your entry is lagging and let's have the same example, USDCAD in this case. We all know fundamentals and that when a currency is in the condition of the last pair mentioned then we avoid buying it like, hell. Also, if I wanted, so desperate and had the best good feeling that UC is going up then I would made my entry lower, because for this pair it's very hard now to move 200 pips, I would spare 50 pips only.

14. The following 4 users say Thank You to FlyingShark for this useful post.

Black Mamba (09-23-2017), dzin4aans (09-22-2017), PhantomTrader79 (09-25-2017), zahid4x (09-22-2017)

I just can't quit pips!
      I am:
      Inspired

fembizz has a reputation beyond repute fembizz has a reputation beyond repute fembizz has a reputation beyond repute fembizz has a reputation beyond repute fembizz has a reputation beyond repute fembizz has a reputation beyond repute fembizz has a reputation beyond repute fembizz has a reputation beyond repute fembizz has a reputation beyond repute fembizz has a reputation beyond repute fembizz has a reputation beyond repute fembizz's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      1894.88 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,132 Times in 766 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by debren View Post

RULES FOR BUYING:

RULES FOR SELLING:

You are very much welcome mate to this house of success has displayed by journals strategists. I wish you a very good profit and continuous trading success in respective practices. I will like to know if you also make use of the moving averages on higher timeframe charts for support and resistance price levels to filter your trades?

---------- Post added at 10:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 AM ----------

Do not think in that way mate as a stop loss of even 1000pips may come up with small limited risk than the one with 100pips below but the truth is every forex trader has a unique attribute and prowess to view and trade the same market under normal circumstances and conditions.

16. The following 5 users say Thank You to fembizz for this useful post.

adewale (09-22-2017), Black Mamba (09-23-2017), dzin4aans (09-22-2017), simisola (09-22-2017), zahid4x (09-22-2017)

MT5 Maniac
      I am:
      ----

debren is a splendid one to behold debren is a splendid one to behold debren is a splendid one to behold debren is a splendid one to behold debren is a splendid one to behold debren is a splendid one to behold debren's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      767.24 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Thank you for this observation, like i said in my introduction any suggestion of a better fine-tunning of this strategy is very welcomed. I will look at making some adjustment in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by fembizz View Post
      You are very much welcome mate to this house of success has displayed by journals strategists. I wish you a very good profit and continuous trading success in respective practices. I will like to know if you also make use of the moving averages on higher timeframe charts for support and resistance price levels to filter your trades?

The simple moving averages 5 & 10 are fast and slow moving averages and i use it as my first signal to determine the new trend forming.

---------- Post added at 10:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 AM ----------

Do not think in that way mate as a stop loss of even 1000pips may come up with small limited risk than the one with 100pips below but the truth is every forex trader has a unique attribute and prowess to view and trade the same market under normal circumstances and conditions.
      Quote Originally Posted by kammraz View Post
      Actually the stop loss is even higher. 80-100 pips below previous low. So I take the liberty of looking at the chart and actually the stop loss is around 140 pips?

At the end of the day it will depend on his winning percentage and frequency of his trade. Anything above 51% per 100 trade will make him be in profit. But this trading using daily candlestick though.

Let us see how it goes for now. I believe thread starter will appreciate any good input from us as well.
      Actually the main reason for starting with such high stop loss is because of the timeframe i am using (daily) and with the fact that this strategy is a swing trade strategy which may last for days or even weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by NikitaBelle View Post
      Welcome to the journal section debren!

You got one of my favorite indicator Stochastic, interesting! It's a simple indicator that always misunderstood, anyways, let see how you can make profitable trades out of it and your other indicators combination as well.

I wish you success in your journal and in your trading in general!
      Cheers!

P.S. As per section rules, please add your journal to your signature. There is a cool step by step instruction below on how to do it in case you don't know...please check it out.

Section Rules
      Thank you. I will soon add my journal to my signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Mamba View Post
      Welcome mate i am really excites to see how you would make profit out of this strategy, i have used this strategy for some time and let me remind you this is a very good strategy.
      Really excited to see some charts here hope you will be posting them soon
      Thank you for this encouraging comments. So i will be counting on your useful input in making this strategy better.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingShark View Post
      Hi debren, I believe that you are watching well your charts, but your entry is lagging and let's have the same example, USDCAD in this case. We all know fundamentals and that when a currency is in the condition of the last pair mentioned then we avoid buying it like, hell. Also, if I wanted, so desperate and had the best good feeling that UC is going up then I would made my entry lower, because for this pair it's very hard now to move 200 pips, I would spare 50 pips only.
      Observation is well noted.

18. The following 5 users say Thank You to debren for this useful post.

Black Mamba (09-23-2017), dzin4aans (09-22-2017), FlyingShark (09-23-2017), PhantomTrader79 (09-25-2017), zahid4x (09-22-2017)

I am:
      Crappy

dzin4aans has a reputation beyond repute dzin4aans has a reputation beyond repute dzin4aans has a reputation beyond repute dzin4aans has a reputation beyond repute dzin4aans has a reputation beyond repute dzin4aans has a reputation beyond repute dzin4aans has a reputation beyond repute dzin4aans has a reputation beyond repute dzin4aans has a reputation beyond repute dzin4aans has a reputation beyond repute dzin4aans has a reputation beyond repute dzin4aans's Avatar
      Thanks
      Thanked 20,230 Times in 4,961 Posts

Welcome to Trading Journal section debren I am happy that you have joined us here and definitely looking forward to your journey in your journal. I wish you good luck, green trades and green pips that result in awesome profits

20. The following 5 users say Thank You to dzin4aans for this useful post.

adewale (09-22-2017), Black Mamba (09-23-2017), debren (09-23-2017), PhantomTrader79 (09-25-2017), zahid4x (09-22-2017)

Reply to Thread
    Page 1 of 31 1 2 3 6 ... LastLast