• Worried
  • Yeehaw
  • Reply to Thread
    Page 3 of 53 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 8 ... LastLast

Thread: My Ichimoku+200 EMA Strategy

MT5 Resident
      I am:
      Happy

penuelophir has a reputation beyond repute penuelophir has a reputation beyond repute penuelophir has a reputation beyond repute penuelophir has a reputation beyond repute penuelophir has a reputation beyond repute penuelophir has a reputation beyond repute penuelophir has a reputation beyond repute penuelophir has a reputation beyond repute penuelophir has a reputation beyond repute penuelophir has a reputation beyond repute penuelophir has a reputation beyond repute penuelophir's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      2047.23 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 4,023 Times in 1,511 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by adewale View Post
      Hello everyone, phew! It has taken me so long to open my trading journal, that is because of a lot of factors, I have had my confusion as to which system rules can be easy for me, I have also had my share of margin call, lots of it to be honest. Hehe hehe.
      Okay now to what I have to offer, I am not going to use all the tools of ichimoku as it were, hence am picking just the ichimoku cloud and Kijun, I decided to do this in conjunction with the 200 EMA because I have seen how powerful the combination is, there is a lot of discretion that I will be using while applying this system, so the rules are not cast in stones.
      I will use the one hour and five minutes time frame majorly, but I will take a look at other time frame equally as need arises.
      The rules for this system are simple, buy when Kijun crosses 200 EMA on the 5 mins time frame while watching the reaction of price on the 1 hour time frame and sell when they opposite happens. Minimum RR is 2:1 and it can be as bigger depending on how price aligns with the 200 EMA, if price is under the cloud on the 1 hour time frame and Kijun is also under 200 EMA, that means the sentiment is bearish, even if there is a Kijun cross to the upside on 5 mins we may not consider the buy.
      Pairs that I am trading are USDJPY, GBPUSD, EURUSD, AUDUSD, NZDUSD, USDCAD and GOLD.
      Lemme illustrate with AUDUSD, in the chart below I have inserted a vertical line on 1 hour and switched to 5 mins, notice that price has closed below the 200 EMA on 5 mins and it just closed below 200 EMA on 1 hour, as long as Kijun which is that yellow line remains under, I will look for only selling opportunities in the 5 mins. Note also on the 22/9/17 that price closed above the 200 EMA, it was not sustained for long for obvious reasons. More explanation will come as I enter trades, am gonna be using a demo account with $100 for the sake of this system. Wish me well
      Wow! You are finally here! Hahaha!!! I looked at your trading system it seems very promising. How long have you been trading with this trading strategy and can it be applied on the 15 minutes time frame seeing that I always want to see some results in a short time?
      Last edited by penuelophir; 09-30-2017 at 12:07 PM. Reason: made some corrections
      Wisdom Is The Ability To Apply Knowledge And Experience To Any Given Situation.
      If you do not take control of your risks then you lose control of your trades

2. Forex Game
    3. The following 2 users say Thank You to penuelophir for this useful post.

adewale (09-30-2017), PhantomTrader79 (09-30-2017)

It's time to retire!
      I am:
      Cheerful

adewale has a reputation beyond repute adewale has a reputation beyond repute adewale has a reputation beyond repute adewale has a reputation beyond repute adewale has a reputation beyond repute adewale has a reputation beyond repute adewale has a reputation beyond repute adewale has a reputation beyond repute adewale has a reputation beyond repute adewale has a reputation beyond repute adewale has a reputation beyond repute adewale's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      4438.85 USD (What is this?)
      caught pokemons
      6 (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 7,763 Times in 2,713 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by simisola View Post
      That is cool, but as per your gu trade, you mentioned that you entered late, if I may advise, next time you see that price has moved beyond your comfort or entry zone, it will be safer and more profitable to anticipate a pull back so that you can get a better entry.
      Thanks, well that is exactly what I am supposed to do but I got carried away. GBP went on a frenzy.
      Quote Originally Posted by Soldier View Post
      I think that GU trade when down as much as 30 pips before reversing back up then down again in a zigzag kind of way. I hope you got out with decent profits before the pull back up.. If not then I guess you might at the spread or possibly minus a couple of pips now since it got back up again. The combo of Ichimoku and EMA is nice though, I have experimented with it a few times and it turned out to be good.
      Thanks mate, I was not active to monitor the trade, so far SL was hit on both the GBP USD and the NZD USD only the AUD USD is still running as at market close with 50 cent floating minus.
      Check Out My Journal My Ichimoku+200 EMA Strategy

Jesus Loves You;Jesus Saves!

5. The following 3 users say Thank You to adewale for this useful post.

PhantomTrader79 (09-30-2017), simisola (10-03-2017), Soldier (09-30-2017)

Super Moderator
      I am:
      Fine

PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79's Avatar
      Thanks
      Thanked 31,037 Times in 7,809 Posts

Thanks, well that is exactly what I am supposed to do but I got carried away. GBP went on a frenzy.

Thanks mate, I was not active to monitor the trade, so far SL was hit on both the GBP USD and the NZD USD only the AUD USD is still running as at market close with 50 cent floating minus.
      The market will still be there so no worry there mate. I know you're a good trader so it won't bother you a bit about those SLs hit. The market was going crazy last week and lots of data were due too. Hopefully everything will return to normal this coming week.

7. The following 4 users say Thank You to PhantomTrader79 for this useful post.

adewale (09-30-2017), penuelophir (10-01-2017), simisola (10-03-2017), Star_amin (10-01-2017)

It's time to retire!
      I am:
      Cheerful

adewale has a reputation beyond repute adewale has a reputation beyond repute adewale has a reputation beyond repute adewale has a reputation beyond repute adewale has a reputation beyond repute adewale has a reputation beyond repute adewale has a reputation beyond repute adewale has a reputation beyond repute adewale has a reputation beyond repute adewale has a reputation beyond repute adewale has a reputation beyond repute adewale's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      caught pokemons
      6 (What is this?)
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PhAnToMtRaDeR79 View Post
      The market will still be there so no worry there mate. I know you're a good trader so it won't bother you a bit about those SLs hit. The market was going crazy last week and lots of data were due too. Hopefully everything will return to normal this coming week.
      Thanks a million, unfortunately I did not check what news were expected, that was so unlike me, I will just monitor the situation, and I am studying to find ways to get more accurate entry, I will apply what I learn from these studies.

9. The following 2 users say Thank You to adewale for this useful post.

penuelophir (10-01-2017), simisola (10-03-2017)

MT5 Resident
      I am:
      Happy

penuelophir has a reputation beyond repute penuelophir has a reputation beyond repute penuelophir has a reputation beyond repute penuelophir has a reputation beyond repute penuelophir has a reputation beyond repute penuelophir has a reputation beyond repute penuelophir has a reputation beyond repute penuelophir has a reputation beyond repute penuelophir has a reputation beyond repute penuelophir has a reputation beyond repute penuelophir has a reputation beyond repute penuelophir's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      Thanks

Thanks a million, unfortunately I did not check what news were expected, that was so unlike me, I will just monitor the situation, and I am studying to find ways to get more accurate entry, I will apply what I learn from these studies.
      When I was looking at some of the chart using your trading strategy I came to understand that it is possible to make use of Stochastic with the settings of 8, 2, 2 to enter the trade at the appropriate entry and I hope you should look at it when you have time, I mean on 5 minutes time frame. I am not perfect, I am trying to learn with you...

11. The following 2 users say Thank You to penuelophir for this useful post.

adewale (10-01-2017), simisola (10-03-2017)

It's time to retire!
      I am:
      Cheerful

Accumulated bonus
      caught pokemons
      6 (What is this?)
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by penuelophir View Post
      When I was looking at some of the chart using your trading strategy I came to understand that it is possible to make use of Stochastic with the settings of 8, 2, 2 to enter the trade at the appropriate entry and I hope you should look at it when you have time, I mean on 5 minutes time frame. I am not perfect, I am trying to learn with you...
      Oh that is great, I will have a look at it to know how beneficial it can be to this system, any suggestion is always welcome because we are all here to learn and improve, nobody is an island of knowledge as it stands.

13. The following 3 users say Thank You to adewale for this useful post.

penuelophir (10-01-2017), simisola (10-03-2017), Star_amin (10-01-2017)

MT5 Resident
      I am:
      Happy

Accumulated bonus
      Thanks

Oh that is great, I will have a look at it to know how beneficial it can be to this system, any suggestion is always welcome because we are all here to learn and improve, nobody is an island of knowledge as it stands.
      Oh! You accepted to look at it?! Wow! I was afraid to suggest anything to you thinking you might get offended but you are open to new things and that makes it easy for you to learn and for us to get to discover new trading system which could be profitable at the longer run.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to penuelophir For This Useful Post:

adewale (10-02-2017)

FX Zombie
      I am:
      Asleep

Star_amin has much to be proud of Star_amin has much to be proud of Star_amin has much to be proud of Star_amin has much to be proud of Star_amin has much to be proud of Star_amin has much to be proud of Star_amin has much to be proud of Star_amin has much to be proud of Star_amin's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      1048.07 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,056 Times in 434 Posts

Dear Adewale, I am quite optimistic of what Phantom Sir said about Market's stability. Because I am having some floating loss trades which I placed on Wednesday. So we will cheer up and may be go to a bar and buy vodka, enjoy our losses.

17. The following 2 users say Thank You to Star_amin for this useful post.

adewale (10-02-2017), simisola (10-03-2017)

It's time to retire!
      I am:
      Cheerful

Accumulated bonus
      caught pokemons
      6 (What is this?)
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Star_amin View Post
      Dear Adewale, I am quite optimistic of what Phantom Sir said about Market's stability. Because I am having some floating loss trades which I placed on Wednesday. So we will cheer up and may be go to a bar and buy vodka, enjoy our losses.
      Hahaha haha this is very touching lol, you are asking me to enjoy my losses, hehe hehe, anyway challenge accepted, I know there will definitely be stability in the market and losses are kind of normal, @Penuelophir yes I am opened to learning, that is what forex is basically about, one's ability to improve along the way

19. The Following User Says Thank You to adewale For This Useful Post:

simisola (10-03-2017)

20. <a href="http://forum.mt5.com">‘ÓūŚÍŮ ÔÓūÚŗŽ</a>
      MT5 Addict
      I am:
      Sick

NumanHaider is just really nice NumanHaider is just really nice NumanHaider is just really nice NumanHaider is just really nice NumanHaider is just really nice NumanHaider's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      373.80 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Hello everyone, phew! It has taken me so long to open my trading journal, that is because of a lot of factors, I have had my confusion as to which system rules can be easy for me, I have also had my share of margin call, lots of it to be honest. Hehe hehe.
      Okay now to what I have to offer, I am not going to use all the tools of ichimoku as it were, hence am picking just the ichimoku cloud and Kijun, I decided to do this in conjunction with the 200 EMA because I have seen how powerful the combination is, there is a lot of discretion that I will be using while applying this system, so the rules are not cast in stones.
      I will use the one hour and five minutes time frame majorly, but I will take a look at other time frame equally as need arises.
      The rules for this system are simple, buy when Kijun crosses 200 EMA on the 5 mins time frame while watching the reaction of price on the 1 hour time frame and sell when they opposite happens. Minimum RR is 2:1 and it can be as bigger depending on how price aligns with the 200 EMA, if price is under the cloud on the 1 hour time frame and Kijun is also under 200 EMA, that means the sentiment is bearish, even if there is a Kijun cross to the upside on 5 mins we may not consider the buy.
      Pairs that I am trading are USDJPY, GBPUSD, EURUSD, AUDUSD, NZDUSD, USDCAD and GOLD.
      Lemme illustrate with AUDUSD, in the chart below I have inserted a vertical line on 1 hour and switched to 5 mins, notice that price has closed below the 200 EMA on 5 mins and it just closed below 200 EMA on 1 hour, as long as Kijun which is that yellow line remains under, I will look for only selling opportunities in the 5 mins. Note also on the 22/9/17 that price closed above the 200 EMA, it was not sustained for long for obvious reasons. More explanation will come as I enter trades, am gonna be using a demo account with $100 for the sake of this system. Wish me well
      Nice to see the Ichimoku lover because i love this indicator because of its accuracy and compatibility with market in this indicator the whole ichimoku looks like a system very good stop-loss points and support and Resistance having cloud and chiku-span line and your combo is looking good but i have seen that EMA works also good to confirm the trend in H1 and H4 for M5 i will suggest to try EMA 30 or EMA 20.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to NumanHaider For This Useful Post:

adewale (10-02-2017)

Reply to Thread
    Page 3 of 53 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 8 ... LastLast