• Worried
  • Yeehaw
  • Reply to Thread
    Page 1 of 55 1 2 3 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Ichimoku and Price Action

FX Zombie
      I am:
      Innocent

ilyas_ili has a reputation beyond repute ilyas_ili has a reputation beyond repute ilyas_ili has a reputation beyond repute ilyas_ili has a reputation beyond repute ilyas_ili has a reputation beyond repute ilyas_ili has a reputation beyond repute ilyas_ili has a reputation beyond repute ilyas_ili has a reputation beyond repute ilyas_ili has a reputation beyond repute ilyas_ili has a reputation beyond repute ilyas_ili has a reputation beyond repute ilyas_ili's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      701.47 USD (What is this?)
      caught pokemons
      80 (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,128 Times in 705 Posts

Default Ichimoku and Price Action

Hey everyone!

I once used this strategy on this forums contest BREXIT 2016: The Aftermath where I tried to combine the Ichimoku and Priceaction D which introduced here in journal section by Alexander Tatsumaki, I followed his thread for a long time and learned a lot of new techniques from Alex.

In this journal, I will try my best to capture the green pips with the help of Ichimoku and Price Action. All of the charts I post are usually be in H4 and Daily time frame, each month I ended up with maximum 10-12 trades only and most of these trades I open using Price Action because I feel more comfortable with fewer complications as compared to Ichimoku. which is great trend indicator not doubt but more complicated.

The intro of both the strategies can be found in the above links. Now its time to putt some charts of my current trade.

• The first trade is short at EJ, the reason is Double Top pattern, next week may or may not test the 131.90, support but I will try to lock the trade at BE and if tomorrow's daily candle closed below the support I will add more shorts and locked the current trade in the profit zone.

Name:  EJ.png
Views: 76
Size:  45.5 KB

• The second trade is #Ripple which is trapped in a Symmetrical triangle. Technically we wait until the price broke either side of the triangle but I entered at an early stage because cryptocurrencies are more volatile.

Name:  #Ripple.png
Views: 71
Size:  54.2 KB
      I'm not RANDOM you just can't think as FAST as me

2. The following 15 users say Thank You to ilyas_ili for this useful post.

adewale (10-30-2017), Alexander Tatsumaki (10-29-2017), bigearners (11-22-2017), dzin4aans (10-30-2017), forexianz (11-20-2017), GENERAL (10-31-2017), Interlock (11-14-2017), Kalex (10-29-2017), maxiipus (10-30-2017), NikitaBelle (10-30-2017), PhantomTrader79 (10-29-2017), Robinmelodic (01-18-2018), sameeh (02-04-2018), simisola (10-29-2017), union12 (11-04-2017)

3. <a href="http://forum.mt5.com"> </a>
      MT5 Maniac
      I am:
      Cool

Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      2794.20 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 7,277 Times in 2,454 Posts

well as long as you risk pretty much the same on every trade and have decent rr, you could be fine. i remember your other journal resulting in quite good profits right?

i don't really agree with the idea on the first trade although on a larger perspective it might work. it looks like you are shorting into an area of previous power. but then again maybe you'll lock the position once there. i know i would. so by now the EJ would be locked then, since your line shows that area.

on the #ripple i notice something else. the rr looks decent but the lines are somewhat overfit. notice how the top line at first glance looks good but then you see how the first 3 points use the high of the tops but the 4 top uses the intra-high and not the top (you clearly see the spike through it). this is true on the lower side also. where the first low uses the low, the second also, but the third low is actually intra-low since the spike is lower. hence the lines look a bit "wishing for it"..

The Symbiosis mashed up Trading Journal
      <--

Winner of Best answers contest!

5. The following 6 users say Thank You to Alexander Tatsumaki for this useful post.

dzin4aans (10-30-2017), ilyas_ili (10-29-2017), PhantomTrader79 (10-29-2017), Robinmelodic (01-18-2018), sameeh (02-04-2018), simisola (10-29-2017)

Super Moderator
      I am:
      Fine

PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79's Avatar
      Thanks
      Thanked 34,570 Times in 8,112 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ilyas_ili View Post
      Hey everyone!

I once used this strategy on this forums contest BREXIT 2016: The Aftermath where I tried to combine the Ichimoku and Priceaction D which introduced here in journal section by Alexander Tatsumaki, I followed his thread for a long time and learned a lot of new techniques from Alex.

In this journal, I will try my best to capture the green pips with the help of Ichimoku and Price Action. All of the charts I post are usually be in H4 and Daily time frame, each month I ended up with maximum 10-12 trades only and most of these trades I open using Price Action because I feel more comfortable with fewer complications as compared to Ichimoku. which is great trend indicator not doubt but more complicated.

The intro of both the strategies can be found in the above links. Now its time to putt some charts of my current trade.

• The first trade is short at EJ, the reason is Double Top pattern, next week may or may not test the 131.90, support but I will try to lock the trade at BE and if tomorrow's daily candle closed below the support I will add more shorts and locked the current trade in the profit zone.

Attachment 71284

• The second trade is #Ripple which is trapped in a Symmetrical triangle. Technically we wait until the price broke either side of the triangle but I entered at an early stage because cryptocurrencies are more volatile.

Attachment 71285
      Welcome again mate!

I'm glad you decided to resume with the trading journal.

So now you're gonna go exclusively with ichimoku + price action D? I know the strategy is profitable and the good thing is the master trader of that strategy is here in this forum

Wish you lotsa profit with this 2nd journal mate! Looking forward to seeing your WD

7. The following 4 users say Thank You to PhantomTrader79 for this useful post.

dzin4aans (10-30-2017), ilyas_ili (10-29-2017), sameeh (02-04-2018), simisola (10-29-2017)

It's time to retire!
      I am:
      Fine

Kalex has a reputation beyond repute Kalex has a reputation beyond repute Kalex has a reputation beyond repute Kalex has a reputation beyond repute Kalex has a reputation beyond repute Kalex has a reputation beyond repute Kalex has a reputation beyond repute Kalex has a reputation beyond repute Kalex has a reputation beyond repute Kalex has a reputation beyond repute Kalex has a reputation beyond repute Kalex's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      4958.11 USD (What is this?)
      caught pokemons
      4 (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 5,829 Times in 1,683 Posts

Very effective and good trading strategy you are following mate and yes it's very right that if we are accurate in these strategies ,we can make good pips with less number of trade orders per month.

9. The following 3 users say Thank You to Kalex for this useful post.

dzin4aans (10-30-2017), ilyas_ili (10-29-2017), simisola (10-29-2017)

MT5 Resident
      I am:
      ----

simisola has a reputation beyond repute simisola has a reputation beyond repute simisola has a reputation beyond repute simisola has a reputation beyond repute simisola has a reputation beyond repute simisola has a reputation beyond repute simisola has a reputation beyond repute simisola has a reputation beyond repute simisola has a reputation beyond repute simisola has a reputation beyond repute simisola has a reputation beyond repute simisola's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      2371.55 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 9,919 Times in 2,635 Posts

Hey everyone!

Attachment 71284

Attachment 71285
      So you are about to embark on a second missionary journey good to have you back brother, but in your price action, what are the major patterns you will be trading outside double tops and bottoms, do you look at engulfing patterns, dark cloud and all that?

My Trading Journal: ~~~My RSI AND 200 EMA Combo~~~

11. The following 3 users say Thank You to simisola for this useful post.

adewale (10-30-2017), dzin4aans (10-30-2017), ilyas_ili (10-29-2017)

FX Zombie
      I am:
      Innocent

ilyas_ili has a reputation beyond repute ilyas_ili has a reputation beyond repute ilyas_ili has a reputation beyond repute ilyas_ili has a reputation beyond repute ilyas_ili has a reputation beyond repute ilyas_ili has a reputation beyond repute ilyas_ili has a reputation beyond repute ilyas_ili has a reputation beyond repute ilyas_ili has a reputation beyond repute ilyas_ili has a reputation beyond repute ilyas_ili has a reputation beyond repute ilyas_ili's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      701.47 USD (What is this?)
      caught pokemons
      80 (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,128 Times in 705 Posts

Alexander Tatsumaki
      your other journal resulting in quite good profits right?
      Yes, It was but then got confused I found more attracted towards your price action technique.
      you are shorting into an area of previous power.
      I actually went for it too early I should have wait until it close below 131.9, market is above the Ichimoku and there is no sign of short as well from the crossovers but i am currently with 95 pips profit so i can lock this one on the BE, but first I would wait and see the tomorrows closing.

as per the #ripple symmetric lines i believe that lines are good as long as the market stay-in. doesn't matter if the price went through but in the end closing matters. i will keep your instructions in mind from now. Just keep guiding

---------- Post added at 10:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 PM ----------

PhAnToMtRaDeR79
      So now you're gonna go exclusively with ichimoku + price action D?
      Thank you super mode and Yes I am gonna try, actually I fell in love with the clean charts without any indicators :P

---------- Post added at 10:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 PM ----------

Kalex exactly bro, this is what i believed in now. quantity of trades doesn't matter but the quality did, hoping to follow this line instead of becoming hyper

---------- Post added at 10:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 PM ----------

simisola as they are the main part of price action bro, without them is like having a gun but without any bullets thank you by the way .
      I'm not RANDOM you just can't think as FAST as me

13. The following 5 users say Thank You to ilyas_ili for this useful post.

adewale (10-30-2017), Alexander Tatsumaki (10-30-2017), dzin4aans (10-30-2017), fembizz (10-29-2017), simisola (10-30-2017)

I just can't quit pips!
      I am:
      Inspired

fembizz has a reputation beyond repute fembizz has a reputation beyond repute fembizz has a reputation beyond repute fembizz has a reputation beyond repute fembizz has a reputation beyond repute fembizz has a reputation beyond repute fembizz has a reputation beyond repute fembizz has a reputation beyond repute fembizz has a reputation beyond repute fembizz has a reputation beyond repute fembizz has a reputation beyond repute fembizz's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      1779.75 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,084 Times in 743 Posts

Hey everyone!

Attachment 71284

Attachment 71285
      Welcome mate for you have indeed taken the rightful step in this trading world as nothing is bigger than sharing your experience with other traders especially the new traders who seeing such gesture as kind enough. I wish you success as the journal unfolds.

15. The following 4 users say Thank You to fembizz for this useful post.

adewale (10-30-2017), dzin4aans (10-30-2017), ilyas_ili (10-30-2017), simisola (10-30-2017)

MT5 Addict
      I am:
      Sick

NumanHaider is a glorious beacon of light NumanHaider is a glorious beacon of light NumanHaider is a glorious beacon of light NumanHaider is a glorious beacon of light NumanHaider is a glorious beacon of light NumanHaider's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      380.29 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Hey everyone!

Attachment 71284

Attachment 71285
      hi mate welcome here and it is good to see your trading journal specially i am fan of ichimoku there are many traders who says that they feel better to trade with clean charts but without ichimoku i do not trade any order even few pips because it is awesome for me so best of luck with this strategy i love to trade with ichimoku it does not matter how much components it has.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to NumanHaider For This Useful Post:

ilyas_ili (10-30-2017)

I am:
      Crappy

dzin4aans has a reputation beyond repute dzin4aans has a reputation beyond repute dzin4aans has a reputation beyond repute dzin4aans has a reputation beyond repute dzin4aans has a reputation beyond repute dzin4aans has a reputation beyond repute dzin4aans has a reputation beyond repute dzin4aans has a reputation beyond repute dzin4aans has a reputation beyond repute dzin4aans has a reputation beyond repute dzin4aans has a reputation beyond repute dzin4aans's Avatar
      Thanks
      Thanked 19,964 Times in 4,808 Posts

ilyas_ili great to see you in this section once more Its really great that you have developed a serious trading system there and certainly your trading journal has and will have even more attention And I will check it out too because its going to be exciting to see you implementing the knowledge youve gained from our experienced trader Alexander Tatsumaki
      I wish you good luck and very good results and profits

19. The following 4 users say Thank You to dzin4aans for this useful post.

adewale (10-30-2017), Alexander Tatsumaki (10-30-2017), ilyas_ili (10-30-2017), simisola (10-30-2017)

20. FB
      MT5 Maniac
      I am:
      Cool

Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      2794.20 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 7,277 Times in 2,454 Posts

I actually went for it too early I should have wait until it close below 131.9,
      that explains it.

the #ripple symmetric lines i believe that lines are good as long as the market stay-in. doesn't matter if the price went through but in the end closing matters. i will keep your instructions in mind from now
      oh but it is not my instructions, only what i see when you draw your lines. i don't know if you have the rule of not this is why i ask. also because i see the inconsistency of lines through spikes and not.

The Symbiosis mashed up Trading Journal
      <--

Winner of Best answers contest!

22. The following 2 users say Thank You to Alexander Tatsumaki for this useful post.

dzin4aans (10-30-2017), ilyas_ili (10-30-2017)

Reply to Thread
    Page 1 of 55 1 2 3 6 ... LastLast