• Sneaky
  • Stresses
  • Tired
  • Twisted
  • Worried
  • Yeehaw
  • Reply to Thread
    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Saving the indicator settings for all charts possible?

FX Zombie
      I am:
      ----

tahiri has much to be proud of tahiri has much to be proud of tahiri has much to be proud of tahiri has much to be proud of tahiri has much to be proud of tahiri has much to be proud of tahiri has much to be proud of tahiri has much to be proud of tahiri has much to be proud of tahiri's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      947.96 USD (What is this?)
      caught pokemons
      2 (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,242 Times in 582 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Borneo Scalper View Post
      is it the same as saving template (tpl) file? From your explanation it sounded the same. I havent tried the create profile trick yet.
      the first trick was how to save indicators setting by creating templates, now assuming you work on these templates and creat some setups in daily time frames for many charts, you need to save these templates in a profile and when you start your metatrader for example for a new day or week, you just apply the profile by its name and all the daily setups you were created will appear, you can creat many profiles, daily, hourly or weekly as you want.

2. <a href="http://www.mt5.com/">‘ÓūŚÍŮ ÔÓūÚŗŽ</a>
      FX Zombie
      I am:
      Chatty

sameeh is just really nice sameeh is just really nice sameeh is just really nice sameeh is just really nice sameeh's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      380.52 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cashfox View Post
      Hello everybody,

i am a new user of the MT4 platform and i like to have all my favorite underlyings on my hand with the same indicators on them, but i really do not want to put all the indicators again and again on every new chart window i open.

Is there somewhere a button, to save the indicators and when i open a new chart window,than all the prefered indicators are automatically on the chart?
      Thanks!
      it is to apply all the indicators you want at once by saving them as a template then apply the template to each chart you open, all you have to do is to apply the indicators you want in the first time only then you save them as a template with a certain name, and then you can add it to any pair you want to trade with.

Where am I?
      I am:
      ----

mBauer is an unknown quantity at this point mBauer's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      0.26 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Yes, you can use template or you can also use the profile.
      A template is used to save everything on a single chart.
      A profile is used to save every chart that you have on the trading platform.
      I monitor 6 pairs and use a couple trading strategies so using profile is fantastic to switch.

5. The following 4 users say Thank You to mBauer for this useful post.

5-waves (05-02-2018), Borneo Scalper (05-02-2018), Unregistered (2)

My charts talk to me!
      I am:
      ----

Mats is a splendid one to behold Mats is a splendid one to behold Mats is a splendid one to behold Mats is a splendid one to behold Mats is a splendid one to behold Mats is a splendid one to behold Mats is a splendid one to behold Mats is a splendid one to behold Mats's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      302.64 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,039 Times in 488 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cashfox View Post
      Hello everybody,

i am a new user of the MT4 platform and i like to have all my favorite underlyings on my hand with the same indicators on them, but i really do not want to put all the indicators again and again on every new chart window i open.

Is there somewhere a button, to save the indicators and when i open a new chart window,than all the prefered indicators are automatically on the chart?
      Thanks!
      the easy way is to save your own template after setting up all your indicators. you can save your own template by right clicking on the chart screen also you can load when you need it.
      Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving.

7. The following 2 users say Thank You to Mats for this useful post.

5-waves (05-02-2018), Borneo Scalper (05-02-2018)

My charts talk to me!
      I am:
      ----

Borneo Scalper has much to be proud of Borneo Scalper has much to be proud of Borneo Scalper has much to be proud of Borneo Scalper has much to be proud of Borneo Scalper has much to be proud of Borneo Scalper has much to be proud of Borneo Scalper has much to be proud of Borneo Scalper has much to be proud of Borneo Scalper has much to be proud of Borneo Scalper has much to be proud of Borneo Scalper's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      527.56 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,384 Times in 489 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mBauer View Post
      Yes, you can use template or you can also use the profile.
      A template is used to save everything on a single chart.
      A profile is used to save every chart that you have on the trading platform.
      I monitor 6 pairs and use a couple trading strategies so using profile is fantastic to switch.
      if i use the profile to save all my charts, will it also save all the indicators in it like with template or i need to create a template first before using the profile function? Sounds interesting and i want to try it

9. The following 3 users say Thank You to Borneo Scalper for this useful post.

5-waves (05-02-2018), Unregistered (2)

Where am I?
      I am:
      ----

5-waves is on a distinguished road 5-waves's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      2.32 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Borneo Scalper View Post
      if i use the profile to save all my charts, will it also save all the indicators in it like with template or i need to create a template first before using the profile function? Sounds interesting and i want to try it
      Profile is good way to save everything, I also just found out about this even I used the MT4 for years.
      Every change that you make in the template will be saved if you save it on profile.
      But you must always remember to save profile. Try it and I'm sure you will like.

Reply to Thread
    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2