• Sleepy
  • Sneaky
  • Stresses
  • Tired
  • Twisted
  • Worried
  • Yeehaw
  • Reply to Thread

Thread: Saving the indicator settings for all charts possible?

My first post!
      I am:
      ----

cashfox is an unknown quantity at this point cashfox's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      0.56 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Default Saving the indicator settings for all charts possible?

Hello everybody,

i am a new user of the MT4 platform and i like to have all my favorite underlyings on my hand with the same indicators on them, but i really do not want to put all the indicators again and again on every new chart window i open.

Is there somewhere a button, to save the indicators and when i open a new chart window,than all the prefered indicators are automatically on the chart?
      Thanks!

2. Forex Game
    3. The Following User Says Thank You to cashfox For This Useful Post:

MT5 bozZdeviL (11-02-2017)

I am:
      Busy

MT5 bozZdeviL has a reputation beyond repute MT5 bozZdeviL has a reputation beyond repute MT5 bozZdeviL has a reputation beyond repute MT5 bozZdeviL has a reputation beyond repute MT5 bozZdeviL has a reputation beyond repute MT5 bozZdeviL has a reputation beyond repute MT5 bozZdeviL has a reputation beyond repute MT5 bozZdeviL has a reputation beyond repute MT5 bozZdeviL has a reputation beyond repute MT5 bozZdeviL has a reputation beyond repute MT5 bozZdeviL has a reputation beyond repute MT5 bozZdeviL's Avatar
      Thanks
      Thanked 27,333 Times in 5,984 Posts

As far as i know, we should added indicators manually one by one in each chart we've opened.
      I use 2 indicators with custom setting on 3 charts: EU, GU and UJ. I think copy paste or save option for indicator listed on chart is not available to apply in the other chart windows, so far i always do it manually.
      Several contest sponsored by Instaforex

FX Vampire
      I am:
      ----

tahiri is a splendid one to behold tahiri is a splendid one to behold tahiri is a splendid one to behold tahiri is a splendid one to behold tahiri is a splendid one to behold tahiri is a splendid one to behold tahiri's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      584.66 USD (What is this?)
      caught pokemons
      2 (What is this?)
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cashfox View Post
      Hello everybody,

i am a new user of the MT4 platform and i like to have all my favorite underlyings on my hand with the same indicators on them, but i really do not want to put all the indicators again and again on every new chart window i open.

Is there somewhere a button, to save the indicators and when i open a new chart window,than all the prefered indicators are automatically on the chart?
      Thanks!
      yes, it's possible to save your prefered indicators in all your charts, first you need to attach your indicators in your chart and creat a template and when you will open any chart you just apply this template and all your indicators will be there.
      note : dont remove your indicators from your metatrader, as long as you keep them in your plateform, as the template will work with any chart.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to tahiri For This Useful Post:

normarster (11-17-2017)

My pips hand is weak
      I am:
      ----

わξΨǐ ツ is on a distinguished road わξΨǐ ツ's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      37.64 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tahiri View Post
      yes, it's possible to save your prefered indicators in all your charts, first you need to attach your indicators in your chart and creat a template and when you will open any chart you just apply this template and all your indicators will be there.
      note : dont remove your indicators from your metatrader, as long as you keep them in your plateform, as the template will work with any chart.
      Wah, finally someone answer. Now i see how to copy paste our indicators to another chart windows.
      Well, it's really work. Thanks man you are so smart.

Forex in the blood
      I am:
      ----

normarster will become famous soon enough normarster's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      82.44 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Thank you i was looking how to create all my charts so they have the same strategy in them and ginally i managed to do it after your help.

Forex in the blood
      I am:
      ----

Borneo Scalper is on a distinguished road Borneo Scalper's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      59.46 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Yes, thats how i do it. Since i sometimes rely on some standard indicators for trading, i would always save it as tpl and keep a copy with me all the time. That way i dont need to spend time setting it back up whenever i change computers.

Forex in the blood
      I am:
      ----

normarster will become famous soon enough normarster's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      82.44 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Borneo Scalper View Post
      Yes, thats how i do it. Since i sometimes rely on some standard indicators for trading, i would always save it as tpl and keep a copy with me all the time. That way i dont need to spend time setting it back up whenever i change computers.
      yes good point, this is crucial if we reinstall our computer or want to open our terminal on other computer or on works station. grreat opportunity to save time adding all the indicators and more importantly its important we do not make mistake adding something extra or not adding indicator or wrong setting on indicator.

MT5 Veteran
      I am:
      ----

sonibark is just really nice sonibark is just really nice sonibark is just really nice sonibark is just really nice sonibark is just really nice sonibark's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      766.35 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

My friend this is a. Nice question, because I have been nurturing this in my mind for a while long time now because am always tired of doing the same setting on each pairs i want to open on the platform. Maybe it's work in progress in hopes so, but It Because it can be very tiring.

12. <a href="http://www.mt5.com/"> </a>
      Forex in the blood
      I am:
      ----

Borneo Scalper is on a distinguished road Borneo Scalper's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      59.46 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sonibark View Post
      My friend this is a. Nice question, because I have been nurturing this in my mind for a while long time now because am always tired of doing the same setting on each pairs i want to open on the platform. Maybe it's work in progress in hopes so, but It Because it can be very tiring.
      Just save all the settings in a new tpl file and use that whenever you want to. I find it an easy way for me to transfer my setting from one terminal to another. Save a lot of time and work.

Reply to Thread