• Worried
  • Yeehaw
  • Reply to Thread
    Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How safe is Cryptocurrency -Parity Bug freeze wallet

My pips hand is weak
      I am:
      ----

Dixie has a spectacular aura about Dixie has a spectacular aura about Dixie has a spectacular aura about Dixie's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      34.99 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Thumbs down How safe is Cryptocurrency -Parity Bug freeze wallet

CNBC reported a parity bug that froze $280 million worth of ethereum. It happened because someone decided to change the code as the result trigger the freeze on the wallet.

This also exposes the vulnerability in the code. So do you think it is still safe to have these wallets? What is your threshold to keep in these cyber wallets?

2. The following 3 users say Thank You to Dixie for this useful post.

dzin4aans (11-15-2017), moneygrows (11-30-2017), Warren Bafett (11-16-2017)

3. <a href="">‘ÓūŚÍŮ ÔÓūÚŗŽ</a>
      My charts talk to me!
      I am:
      ----

normarster is a splendid one to behold normarster is a splendid one to behold normarster is a splendid one to behold normarster is a splendid one to behold normarster is a splendid one to behold normarster is a splendid one to behold normarster is a splendid one to behold normarster is a splendid one to behold normarster's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      346.79 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Interesting but what it means for ethereum market? There are many projects that raise funds on ethereum. Will they suffer too? And what happened to price on this instrument? I see its frozen in my demo account since august

5. The Following User Says Thank You to normarster For This Useful Post:

moneygrows (11-30-2017)

MT5 Addict
      I am:
      ----

Warren Bafett is a glorious beacon of light Warren Bafett is a glorious beacon of light Warren Bafett is a glorious beacon of light Warren Bafett is a glorious beacon of light Warren Bafett is a glorious beacon of light Warren Bafett is a glorious beacon of light Warren Bafett's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      211.43 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie View Post
      CNBC reported a parity bug that froze $280 million worth of ethereum. It happened because someone decided to change the code as the result trigger the freeze on the wallet.

This also exposes the vulnerability in the code. So do you think it is still safe to have these wallets? What is your threshold to keep in these cyber wallets?
      This is a scary news indeed! I have read it all over the forex forum on the net. Although it does not affect me, I feel sorry for the ones who lose their ethereum. Can it also happen to Bitcoin and other popular cryptocurrency out there?
      No Guts No Glory!

7. The following 2 users say Thank You to Warren Bafett for this useful post.

dzin4aans (11-16-2017), moneygrows (11-30-2017)

MT5 Addict
      I am:
      ----

time void will become famous soon enough time void's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      90.72 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Warren Bafett View Post
      This is a scary news indeed! I have read it all over the forex forum on the net. Although it does not affect me, I feel sorry for the ones who lose their ethereum. Can it also happen to Bitcoin and other popular cryptocurrency out there?
      Even if there was a chance of it occurring in bitcoin and other popular cryptocurrencies, they will probably learn from this mistake and put in more fail-safes for such a situation.The ethereum incident was a great shock and it shows that we still need to be somewhat careful regarding cryptocurrencies.

9. The following 2 users say Thank You to time void for this useful post.

dzin4aans (11-16-2017), moneygrows (11-30-2017)

MT5 Addict
      I am:
      ----

Warren Bafett is a glorious beacon of light Warren Bafett is a glorious beacon of light Warren Bafett is a glorious beacon of light Warren Bafett is a glorious beacon of light Warren Bafett is a glorious beacon of light Warren Bafett is a glorious beacon of light Warren Bafett's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      211.43 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by time void View Post
      Even if there was a chance of it occurring in bitcoin and other popular cryptocurrencies, they will probably learn from this mistake and put in more fail-safes for such a situation.The ethereum incident was a great shock and it shows that we still need to be somewhat careful regarding cryptocurrencies.
      Well, it's a big money though, big lose. So all cryptocurrency lovers make sure your account is safe, do not make stupid silly mistakes, I have once read an article of how a bitcoin holder unable to open his bitcoin purse because he forgot his password...but after many months he finally able to unlock his purse by the help of a hacker who ask fees from him in bitcoin also as return for his help, but his stress is way too much. I don't want it to happen to me.
      No Guts No Glory!

11. The following 2 users say Thank You to Warren Bafett for this useful post.

dzin4aans (11-17-2017), moneygrows (11-30-2017)

My pips hand is weak
      I am:
      ----

Dixie has a spectacular aura about Dixie has a spectacular aura about Dixie has a spectacular aura about Dixie's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      34.99 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

normarster it does not seem to have any effect at all on the price of Ethereum. the price still went up. However. the latest report seems like the bug is fixed.

Warren Bafett It is indeed something that I worry about. No matter how safe it claims to be. There is nothing to stop hackers from trying as it would be profitable or just to prove a point.

time void The point is if the manage to succeed, the reward is great, therefore, many money would try.

13. The following 2 users say Thank You to Dixie for this useful post.

dzin4aans (11-17-2017), moneygrows (11-30-2017)

MT5 Veteran
      I am:
      ----

ajagbeolegba has a brilliant future ajagbeolegba has a brilliant future ajagbeolegba has a brilliant future ajagbeolegba has a brilliant future ajagbeolegba has a brilliant future ajagbeolegba has a brilliant future ajagbeolegba has a brilliant future ajagbeolegba has a brilliant future ajagbeolegba has a brilliant future ajagbeolegba has a brilliant future ajagbeolegba has a brilliant future ajagbeolegba's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      829.63 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,514 Times in 823 Posts

With what i am seeing nowadays about the Bitcoin, i hope it will not cause many unsuspecting issues later. Because it has climbed above $10,000, meaning that it moved about $9800 in just a year, this is just unrealistic to me. I have never seen a dangerous thing like this before and i think that all trader will have to be careful with it. In both the safe issue for transaction and for online trading, i do not think it is safe.

15. The following 2 users say Thank You to ajagbeolegba for this useful post.

dzin4aans (11-29-2017), moneygrows (11-30-2017)

I am:
      Busy

moneygrows has a reputation beyond repute moneygrows has a reputation beyond repute moneygrows has a reputation beyond repute moneygrows has a reputation beyond repute moneygrows has a reputation beyond repute moneygrows has a reputation beyond repute moneygrows has a reputation beyond repute moneygrows has a reputation beyond repute moneygrows has a reputation beyond repute moneygrows has a reputation beyond repute moneygrows has a reputation beyond repute moneygrows's Avatar
      Thanks
      Thanked 21,378 Times in 5,304 Posts

I tend to avoid talking too much on the subject of cryptos because i do not like to take sides. If you look hard, you can see there are 2 camps right now.

1. Cryptocurrency supporters
      People who are vocal and constantly show their support are people with interest. They have everything to gain from it and will most definitely suffer the most if it fails.

2. Doubters
      Most who are against it or show doubt wont be affected if cryptocurrency gain or fail.

Its the public then im concerned. They tend to be sucked in with all the hypes without even knowing the whole truth about it, thanks to all the promoters.

I tend to ramble much right?

Now regarding cryptocurrency safety, overall i think it's safe. Even if there is a bug or hacks going on, im sure the supporters will find ways to solve it.

I wonder, what are they gonna do with all their cryptocurrency if one day electronic or electricity fails

17. The Following User Says Thank You to moneygrows For This Useful Post:

dzin4aans (11-30-2017)

I am:
      Cheerful

NikitaBelle has a reputation beyond repute NikitaBelle has a reputation beyond repute NikitaBelle has a reputation beyond repute NikitaBelle has a reputation beyond repute NikitaBelle has a reputation beyond repute NikitaBelle has a reputation beyond repute NikitaBelle has a reputation beyond repute NikitaBelle has a reputation beyond repute NikitaBelle has a reputation beyond repute NikitaBelle has a reputation beyond repute NikitaBelle has a reputation beyond repute NikitaBelle's Avatar
      Thanks
      Thanked 26,666 Times in 7,429 Posts
       Black Frame Talent: Daily Contest of Demotivators on MT5.com Forum

I wonder, what are they gonna do with all their cryptocurrency if one day electronic or electricity fails

Will the cryptocurrency experienced massive failure if there is no electricity?
      I heard that it requires really massive electricity, well, they can store electricity by solar panels through big batteries though, here in my place the cost of electricity is very expensive.
      So it wont be wise to do mining, maybe trading

19. Catch Forex
      MT5 Addict
      I am:
      Cheerful

786pk has a brilliant future 786pk has a brilliant future 786pk has a brilliant future 786pk has a brilliant future 786pk has a brilliant future 786pk has a brilliant future 786pk has a brilliant future 786pk has a brilliant future 786pk has a brilliant future 786pk has a brilliant future 786pk has a brilliant future 786pk's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      685.25 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,730 Times in 508 Posts

Yes Nikita you right , for mining a bitcoin you really need a massive electricity and fast super computer with a heavy operating system which is very costly for a average earning person like us but we can earn through trading a cryptocurrency like Forex it moves really fast as comparing to the currency pairs

21. The following 2 users say Thank You to 786pk for this useful post.

dzin4aans (12-10-2017), Warren Bafett (12-08-2017)

Reply to Thread
    Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast