• Worried
  • Yeehaw
  • Reply to Thread
    Page 82 of 238 FirstFirst ... 77 80 81 82 83 84 87 ... LastLast

Thread: Bidyut's trading journal

MT5 Veteran
      I am:
      Inspired

bidyut has a reputation beyond repute bidyut has a reputation beyond repute bidyut has a reputation beyond repute bidyut has a reputation beyond repute bidyut has a reputation beyond repute bidyut has a reputation beyond repute bidyut has a reputation beyond repute bidyut has a reputation beyond repute bidyut has a reputation beyond repute bidyut has a reputation beyond repute bidyut has a reputation beyond repute bidyut's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      1505.61 USD (What is this?)
      caught pokemons
      412 (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 6,915 Times in 1,818 Posts

Default Bidyut's trading journal

Introduction: This is my first trading journal in mt5 forum and it is in a demo account. Iíve opened a demo account with 500 USD balance. The main purpose of opening this demo account is only for making a trading journal in mt5 forum. Long time back our respected moderator dzin4aans had encouraged me to open a trading journal. But due to some unforeseen reasons I was unable to give attention in this regard. After looking at many trading journals available in this section Iíve got some positive energy and a lot of good motivation to open my own trading journal. Now I think it is the right time to open a trading journal.

Main motive of opening a trading journal: First of all I want to improve my trading by sharing my own trading system. By opening a trading journal here I would definitely get an opportunity to interact with other good traders. They can suggest, guide me for opting a better trading system. This is one of the best ways to engage myself in improving my existing trading strategy.

Why Demo Account: This is my first trading journal in mt5 forum. Still I consider myself as a leraner and I want to improve my trading and it is only possible through demo account. Second reason is that I want to open a separate account (real trading account) for trding journal. But at this moment Iím not fully prepared myself (financially) to open a real account for this purpose. In other hand I donít want to wait for long to start a trading journal. So my main motive here would be to engage myself in a good discussion where we can share knowledge and learn everything which is required to be a good trader.
      In future I would definitely go for a trading journal where I can show real profit in real account. Once I get ready for that I would definitely inform you all through this journal or through my signature.

My strategy:

Support & Resistance: From the very beginning I am trying to trade on support and resistance levels. So my main focus would be to see support and resistance levels of a particular pair on a daily basis before opening any order. Iíll try to open orders by looking at support and resistance levels. Most probably my buy orders would be above support levels and sell would be below resistance. In addition Iíll try to take decisions of opening any order by looking at price action.

Price Action: It is important to watch in which direction a particular pair is moving where weíre going to trade. In simple words Price action gives us an idea where the price is moving. When I see 3 to 4 candles formed an upward trend in other words when few bull candles form an uptrend Iíll go for a buy order. In opposite if I see few bear candles lined up in a row to form a downward trend, Iíll go for sell order. So here I would go for trading on any pair by following price action.

Chart Type: I would like to trade in a clearly visible chart and I consider candle stick chart as a best option for me. I do not use too much indicators. Itíll consists of only support and resistance levels.
      Time Frame: I prefer to see 1 hr, 4 hours, daily time frames to decide where the price is moving or to predict the actual trend I will go for these time frames. To open any order or to check entry point Iíll go for only 1 hour chart.

News Events: As we know fundamental or economical news are very important to watch while taking any trading decisions. Iíll keep an eye on day to day news events to trade. The best way to watch any types of news events is through economic calendar. Most of the movements take place in any particular pair due to news releases. Even technical trader canít ignore the importance of fundamental news or any economic data releases (e.g. NFP) etc. Sometimes I would stop trading during high impact news. In other words Iíll be very careful during news events and try to avoid trading in case there are no clear movements.

Lot Size: I would go for 0.10 LOT size (per order) at the very beginning. I may go for many orders at a time but not more than 1 LOT in total. For example, 10 orders with 0.10 lot size orders. Sometimes I may go for averaging my trades by taking additional lot size orders. Gradually I will try to increase the lot size orders with growing account balance.

Target: Anywhere from 10 to 100 pips. I can decide only after looking at the levels. Sometimes I may not give any target and close all orders manually.

Stop Loss: Iíll try to put a stop loss in some trading positions but not in all trading positions. Again itíll depend on the levels and also in the movement of a particular pair. In case I put stop loss in any pair itíll be around 50 pips.

Long term or short term: My goal would be to take profit from every trade in a short term period. I prefer short term trades because it is easy for me to handle. In case I see slow movements in any trade Iíll keep the order for long hours and definitely wait for the price to trigger the target ( if I put TP).

Trading Pairs: I would like to trade on major pairs (EURUSD, GBPUSD etc.). Also I would go for high volatility pairs for example, GBPNZD, GBPJPY etc. Sometimes I will try to trade in Gold and Silver if I get good confirmation.

Risk-Reward Factor: As it is not a contest account Iíll try to go slowly. I believe in steady growth and not in sudden growth as far as forex trading is concerned. I would only go for 5% to 10% risk, and not more than that. Similarly, Iíll try to make decent profit from every trade. If I see it is worth to wait for a particular trading position then Iíll wait for it to get more profit out of it. For any trader to sustain in the market is more important than anything else, so I will try to avoid any unnecessary risk. Sometimes I would go for cut losses in the form of stop loss or by closing manually. Once we learn how to manage risk weíll automatically able to grow our trading account to a satisfactory level.

To my fellow members: I hope there is no doubt about my trading plan. I do not want to complecate things, so Iíll try to elaborate every trade with clarity. Iím ready to answer you if youíve any questions regarding my trades or anything related to my trading journal. Iíll be grateful if we can stick to the topic and not talk about anything off topic in this section. Your good suggestions are always welcome. Thanks to everybody for visiting here. Lets start together!

FX Vampire
      I am:
      Fine

catfish007 has a reputation beyond repute catfish007 has a reputation beyond repute catfish007 has a reputation beyond repute catfish007 has a reputation beyond repute catfish007 has a reputation beyond repute catfish007 has a reputation beyond repute catfish007 has a reputation beyond repute catfish007 has a reputation beyond repute catfish007 has a reputation beyond repute catfish007 has a reputation beyond repute catfish007 has a reputation beyond repute catfish007's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      829.93 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,280 Times in 880 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GhostMode View Post
      Naturally many of your Forex exchange trades will not give you the desired results, And this is because of the natural nature of the Forex Markets. In fact you can open 20 trades a month and 10 is in profits and 10 in losses. The important thing is to have an analysis necessary in order for you to use 1 ; 2 risk reward ratio and still be in profits.
      You are right, many things matters before any trader can be successful when trading forex. One of those things that are mattering is the strategy which the trader use and the risk management of the trader. The money management is vital as well, we all have to make sure that we use it and be ever serious with our trading of it. I am always ready for trading of the market, and i know that success will locate me if i am doing all what is right as a trader of the market. The use of the risk to reward ratio of 1:2 is equally good, but it is better when it is higher.

3. The following 6 users say Thank You to catfish007 for this useful post.

Alexander Tatsumaki (02-11-2018), bidyut (02-11-2018), Unregistered (4)

4. Dragon
      Forum Master
      I am:
      Cheerful

penuelophir has a reputation beyond repute penuelophir has a reputation beyond repute penuelophir has a reputation beyond repute penuelophir has a reputation beyond repute penuelophir has a reputation beyond repute penuelophir has a reputation beyond repute penuelophir has a reputation beyond repute penuelophir has a reputation beyond repute penuelophir has a reputation beyond repute penuelophir has a reputation beyond repute penuelophir has a reputation beyond repute penuelophir's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      2921.58 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 7,577 Times in 2,717 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by catfish007 View Post
      You are right, many things matters before any trader can be successful when trading forex. One of those things that are mattering is the strategy which the trader use and the risk management of the trader. The money management is vital as well, we all have to make sure that we use it and be ever serious with our trading of it. I am always ready for trading of the market, and i know that success will locate me if i am doing all what is right as a trader of the market. The use of the risk to reward ratio of 1:2 is equally good, but it is better when it is higher.
      Apart from getting an effective trading strategy then one of the most important aspect of forex trading is being able to always make use of good money management because this factor alone would make you to last in the trading business and even start earning money on a consistent basis.
      Last edited by penuelophir; 02-11-2018 at 12:51 PM. Reason: corrected a mistake
      Wisdom Is The Ability To Apply Knowledge And Experience To Any Given Situation.
      If you do not take control of your risks then you lose control of your trades

6. The following 2 users say Thank You to penuelophir for this useful post.

bidyut (02-11-2018), Oghale (02-11-2018)

MT5 Veteran
      I am:
      Cool

Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      3067.40 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 7,811 Times in 2,643 Posts

The use of the risk to reward ratio of 1:2 is equally good, but it is better when it is higher.
      this sounds good at first. but how do you really know? the answer is that you cannot know, or more precisely you cannot know using this simple statement only. the problem is rather larger then at first seen here. since the strike rate of differing risk:reward simple is that = differing. we are then left with a puzzle which would require the use of standard deviation to solve it (1) and also the different rates at which different rr is hit (2).

to solve this we would then plot these on a chart using 1 and 2. now. since i do not have either of these numbers i cannot give you an example, but i can say this. my use of RR often states that my win rate including the actual profits made is greater with 1:1.72 then with 1:2. why this is i guess is because the 1:2 is hit less often.
      but to bluntly put it as "1:2 is better when higher" is just not correct.

The Symbiosis mashed up Trading Journal
      <--

Winner of Best answers contest!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Alexander Tatsumaki For This Useful Post:

bidyut (02-11-2018)

MT5 Veteran
      I am:
      Inspired

bidyut has a reputation beyond repute bidyut has a reputation beyond repute bidyut has a reputation beyond repute bidyut has a reputation beyond repute bidyut has a reputation beyond repute bidyut has a reputation beyond repute bidyut has a reputation beyond repute bidyut has a reputation beyond repute bidyut has a reputation beyond repute bidyut has a reputation beyond repute bidyut has a reputation beyond repute bidyut's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      caught pokemons
      412 (What is this?)
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kalex View Post
      Very good going bro and congrats for your withdrawal request ,your trading is being progressing no doubt ,me also planning to participate to the monthly contest from next month ,others now I can't do because of time ,you are having real patience bro and surely you will get the success.
      Its really nice to have your complementary words. I've just tried to put my best effort during my trades. At this time I'm only focusing on how to maintain the consistency in my trades. So for me to maintain the consistency is most important at current situation. It is only possible if I go into depth of every analysis. On other hand participation in InstaForex contest gives me a lot of good confidence. It always motivate me to do something good while competing with others. So I'm trying to develop some competitive mindset by involving actively in good contests. There is no loss in participating in InstaForex contest. This is a wise decision that you'll also participate in monthly contest. I know how busy you're in your job and forex. But I hope you'll able to manage time for contests too. If you trade perfectly in contests then you'll definitely win. Best of luck!

Quote Originally Posted by catfish007 View Post
      If we really want something from forex trading profession then we must try to focus more on good trading. It is not important how much you earn from every trade. But it matters most how you trade to bring even a single buck. So knowledge plays a vital role in doing smooth trades. While we trade we've to look at every aspect. Money management is no doubt a great way to protect our funds from big uneven. But at the same time we've to be very accurate in every decision we take. Sometimes we may not capable of handling our trades properly in that case our proper money management will help us to get over from such bad trades. No matter how good we're in our trades we must try to look at the profit loss ratio in every single trade. We must avoid any big loss from any trade. At the same time we should try to make maximum profit from our good trades. This way we'll able to uplift ourselves into a better position.

Quote Originally Posted by penuelophir View Post
      Apart from getting an effective trading strategy then one of the most important aspect of forex trading is being able to always make use of good money management because this factor alone would make you to last in the trading business and even start earning money on a consistent basis.
      Its true without proper money management we can't get success even we know how to trade. To avoid any big losses we've to follow proper money management. If we do not follow it then we'll fell into a bad trap or in a helpless situation from where it'll be not easy for us to ovrercome. To grow beyond a certain level and to progress above our expectations it is necessary to have some good planning and trading strategies. Even we become successful in forex trading profession we can protect our account only through money management. Market conditions changes very fast, so cope with any odd situation and for a sustainable growth we should go with proper money management.

10. The following 3 users say Thank You to bidyut for this useful post.

Alexander Tatsumaki (02-11-2018), penuelophir (02-11-2018), Unregistered (1)

Super Moderator
      I am:
      Fine

PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79's Avatar
      Thanks
      Thanked 35,608 Times in 8,297 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bidyut View Post
      We can't predict every single trade correctly and this is the real fact for us to consider. Even we are correct in any trading decisions sometimes due to some unexpected news releases or some important data releases we may see opposite directional move. So if we're not using SL then we've to be very careful. We must trade according to the trend and only in confirmed market. Even we lose some trades, if we keep focusing on good trades then we'll ultimately able to recover all the losses. Suppose our accuracy level is 60%, then we can easily make good profit at the end. Here we've to be very careful to lose less and gain more from every trading. If we use SL level at 50 pips down the opening price level. Then we must put TP level at more than 50 pips.

Professional traders are successful because they always trade on confirmed market. They are good at analyzing the trend properly so their winning ratio is more than losing one. We can learn from them how to manage our account with proper trading. Even our prediction goes in wrong side we must be ready to cut losses in small amount. It'll be considered as bad if we lose more on a single trade. In such case we'll not able to get over from huge losses. No matter whether we win or lose in any trade. If we do sensible trading then we'll able to add more equity at the end. We've to trust our own capabilities and try to gather more knowledge only then we'll able to succeed in the profession.

--------------------------------------------------
      --------------------------------------------------

My Views On My Last Weeks Activities

Yesterday I've mentioned about my last weeks trade. I've traded in 'Battle Of Forecast' prize fund account. Where I've made about $85 profit and I've already made a withdrawal request. Here I don't want to elaborate anything related to the particular trading account because it has no amount left at this moment. As per contest rules the prize fund is already cancelled because of withdrawal request. At present I'm waiting for the amount to receive in my Skrill account.

What are the weakness of mine.

Last week I've traded in contest account and in 'Battle Of Forecast' trading account. I've discovered some weakness in my trades. Whatever I've traded it was based on my personal assumption as it was very clear to me where to trade. Despite of this I was not able to reap maximum of it. I've only able to make few pips from every trade. I think I need more patience and I'll try to focus more on it.

What are the strengths of mine.

Every trader has some weakness and some strengths. I've found that most of the time I'm able to predict the market correctly. I was able to ride with the trend which was the best part of my trades. I think it is my strength and I want to make it more strong for future trades. In one occasion I've lost about 600 bucks in my contest account but I've able to recover all the losses and also able to add extra bucks on it. So here I've found that I'm able to trade positively in negative situation. I think I'm able to follow good traders positive attitude. Never give up attitude is always needed and I'm trying to hold the same for my trades.

My future Plan

Last week I've lost in Sniper contest. I've placed in 18th position only, this may be due to lack of experience. Next week I'll try to participate again in the Sniper Contest. My other contest is Real Scalping contest which is a monthly contest. At this moment I'm in 19th position. I'll try to continue my trades in Real Scalping to improve my position. It'll last for another two weeks so I've still time to compete in the contest. Other contest is 'One Million Option' trading contest where I won last month. Last week joined but didn't do well. I may participate again in this contest too. I'll also try to trade in my demo account and in real account. It is just to involve myself in good trading activities and also to improve my existing trading skills.

What I've learned from others and also from my own activities last week.

I've visited many good trading journals and found that most of the traders are very good at trading. We can't imagine how good they are in their work i.e. forex trading. They have good potential and we can learn a lot from them. Apart from that every member of mt5 forum has one thing common, they are full of positive mindset. They are curious to learn from every trader. They always like to encourage others and also ready to accept their own mistakes. So I've learned that if we want to rise in forex trading profession then we must be ready to learn from others. Even we lose account we shouldn't lose hope. If we're honest then we'll definitely able to get success.

I've also learned from my own trading activities. I've learned that if I can wait for good opportunity to trade then I will able to do well in trading. Patience is the power, it not only bring good profit but also gives us a lot of confidence. I never rushed for making profit and as a result I've able to make some good profit. So here we've to avoid any types of emotions including greed. I've learned to trust myself and this is only possible because of you people. When I read your replies it gives me a reason to focus more on my profession. It reminds me why I'm here and what is my aim in my life. I've learned if we're expecting to get something from others in the form of knowledge etc., then we must be ready to share our own knowledge too. Then only we'll able to see ourselves in the height of success.
      You're like a consultant whose job is to analyze the many aspect. More like SWOT analysis to me lolz
      That's a great thing though because we need to know ourselves and the market.
      I'm certain you'll present us with great stuff this coming trading week so I'll be waiting for that

12. The following 9 users say Thank You to PhantomTrader79 for this useful post.

Alexander Tatsumaki (02-11-2018), Anthony Cheung (02-19-2018), bidyut (02-11-2018), PongsakornFX (02-14-2018), Sixteen (02-12-2018), UberTrade (02-19-2018), Unregistered (3)

Forum Master
      I am:
      Cheerful

penuelophir has a reputation beyond repute penuelophir has a reputation beyond repute penuelophir has a reputation beyond repute penuelophir has a reputation beyond repute penuelophir has a reputation beyond repute penuelophir has a reputation beyond repute penuelophir has a reputation beyond repute penuelophir has a reputation beyond repute penuelophir has a reputation beyond repute penuelophir has a reputation beyond repute penuelophir has a reputation beyond repute penuelophir's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      2921.58 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 7,577 Times in 2,717 Posts

Even we become successful in forex trading profession we can protect our account only through money management. Market conditions changes very fast, so cope with any odd situation and for a sustainable growth we should go with proper money management.
      There is always some kind of feelings I do have whenever I think or understands that my trading accounts are safe and it allows me the time to relax each time that I am executing my trades and I feel it is when we are making use of the adequate trading lots/risks.
      Wisdom Is The Ability To Apply Knowledge And Experience To Any Given Situation.
      If you do not take control of your risks then you lose control of your trades

14. The following 7 users say Thank You to penuelophir for this useful post.

bidyut (02-11-2018), simisola (02-11-2018), Sixteen (02-12-2018), Unregistered (4)

MT5 Veteran
      I am:
      Inspired

Accumulated bonus
      caught pokemons
      412 (What is this?)
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PhAnToMtRaDeR79 View Post
      You're like a consultant whose job is to analyze the many aspect. More like SWOT analysis to me lolz
      That's a great thing though because we need to know ourselves and the market.
      I'm certain you'll present us with great stuff this coming trading week so I'll be waiting for that
      Its nice to see you in my trading journal. I'm considering everybody as a good adviser, a motivator and a good consultant. I'm just following good people like you. I think if we do not know what are our strengths and weakness then we can't improve our tradings. This is a great complement and encouraging words from you. It really gives me some kind of encouragement by reading your post. I'll definitely try to do my best and your post will remind me not to do any unnecessary trades. I'm also expecting that coming week will bring more scope for us. I'll try to take every scope as a great opportunity by doing sensible trading. I too hope that you'll able to do well in your trades. Have a great weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by penuelophir View Post
      There is always some kind of feelings I do have whenever I think or understands that my trading accounts are safe and it allows me the time to relax each time that I am executing my trades and I feel it is when we are making use of the adequate trading lots/risks.
      Yeah it is very important that we can trade with a relaxed mind. As we've discussed above it is only possible if we trade with proper money management. Most of the time I do not use SL, this doesn't mean I do not care about my trades. Actually when I'm in front of PC and when I'm very sure about a particular trend, only then I trade like that. Sometimes I try to lock the profit with only 1 pip, this is another type of strategy which really works for me. No matter what strategy we use in our trades we must be aware about protecting our account from any disaster. We should avoid over trading too this will also give us some types of relaxed mind. I always try to trade in confirmed market, this gives me a strong feel. I can think more deeply about a particular trend and my accuracy level increases if I trade less, it also gives me more profit. So forex trading requires some kinds of self discipline, only then we can constantly improve our trades.

16. The following 2 users say Thank You to bidyut for this useful post.

simisola (02-11-2018), Sixteen (02-12-2018)

Banned
      I am:
      Relaxed

Oghale has a reputation beyond repute Oghale has a reputation beyond repute Oghale has a reputation beyond repute Oghale has a reputation beyond repute Oghale has a reputation beyond repute Oghale has a reputation beyond repute Oghale has a reputation beyond repute Oghale has a reputation beyond repute Oghale has a reputation beyond repute Oghale has a reputation beyond repute Oghale has a reputation beyond repute Oghale's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      845.85 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 6,972 Times in 1,243 Posts

There are things that we know sometimes about this business that should help us in the success that we seek, but the problem have is how to be disciplined with its implementation, an effective trading strategy is good indeed and money management no doubt will act as a pillar of success, but when the phase comes for us to act as we are saying, it becomes difficult, while this is so I cannot exactly say, I do know that our problem is majorly ourselves.

18. The following 3 users say Thank You to Oghale for this useful post.

bidyut (02-11-2018), simisola (02-11-2018), Sixteen (02-12-2018)

FX Zombie
      I am:
      ----

maximum is a name known to all maximum is a name known to all maximum is a name known to all maximum is a name known to all maximum is a name known to all maximum is a name known to all maximum's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      903.15 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

It is a good thing that you are here in this section of the forum, I think our primary objective here is to showcase our trading knowledge and skill in order to learn more and become a good or better trader through the contributions from other forum members

20. The following 4 users say Thank You to maximum for this useful post.

bidyut (02-12-2018), Unregistered (3)

Banned
      I am:
      ----

simisola has a reputation beyond repute simisola has a reputation beyond repute simisola has a reputation beyond repute simisola has a reputation beyond repute simisola has a reputation beyond repute simisola has a reputation beyond repute simisola has a reputation beyond repute simisola has a reputation beyond repute simisola has a reputation beyond repute simisola has a reputation beyond repute simisola has a reputation beyond repute simisola's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      2486.28 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 11,519 Times in 2,908 Posts

Bidyut my man! I always love seeing your journal because there is something special about it, so if I may ask, does it mean that your trading system is based on Pivot point and other things that you use, how about price action, how exactly are you able to predict the market based on the way price has acted through the Pivot points areas, I am interested in how you are able to do some of the things we see here because they are really inspiring to see, maybe I can learn some things from you in real time because we are here to assist each other become successful.

22. The following 4 users say Thank You to simisola for this useful post.

bidyut (02-12-2018), Sixteen (02-12-2018), Unregistered (2)

Reply to Thread
    Page 82 of 238 FirstFirst ... 77 80 81 82 83 84 87 ... LastLast