• Sneaky
  • Stresses
  • Tired
  • Twisted
  • Worried
  • Yeehaw
  • Reply to Thread
    Page 35 of 60 FirstFirst ... 30 33 34 35 36 37 40 ... LastLast

Thread: King Of Losers Trading Journal (union12)

Forum Master
      I am:
      ----

sonibark has a reputation beyond repute sonibark has a reputation beyond repute sonibark has a reputation beyond repute sonibark has a reputation beyond repute sonibark has a reputation beyond repute sonibark has a reputation beyond repute sonibark has a reputation beyond repute sonibark has a reputation beyond repute sonibark has a reputation beyond repute sonibark has a reputation beyond repute sonibark has a reputation beyond repute sonibark's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      1973.16 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 5,131 Times in 2,036 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander Tatsumaki View Post
      that's not a profitable grid setup. i think you might want to search the web again for how to really do it. what do you hope to expect by placing orders like that? the only thing that will happen is fills with very high margin cost on one side and then eventually drawdown because no protection. or do you have it?

also let me say this again. grid trading is banned on many brokers, it's also banned on many ****** providers. just a heads up.
      yes bro, i think you are right, the margin cost will be higher , and when there is likely news all could even be in ,loss because there is no protection on the trades, have seen situation where i tried to do something similar to that but in a all eventually end up in loss because the price triggered my entry and eventually did not hit my tp before moving downward and triggered the sell stop and still move back to its initial point

2. <a href="http://www.mt5.com/">‘ÓūŚÍŮ ÔÓūÚŗŽ</a>
      MT5 Maniac
      I am:
      Cool

Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      2794.20 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 7,283 Times in 2,455 Posts

there is no protection on the trades
      well i am not saying there aren't. there could be dynamic stops on the pending orders but i am not at the terminal so i couldn't check. regardless the pattern is way of and well .. i hope for a good answer for these many orders. what are they doing really?

The Symbiosis mashed up Trading Journal
      <--

Winner of Best answers contest!

4. The following 5 users say Thank You to Alexander Tatsumaki for this useful post.

Don'tStop (02-13-2018), union12 (02-13-2018), Unregistered (3)

It's time to retire!
      I am:
      ----

ehizmac has much to be proud of ehizmac has much to be proud of ehizmac has much to be proud of ehizmac has much to be proud of ehizmac has much to be proud of ehizmac has much to be proud of ehizmac has much to be proud of ehizmac has much to be proud of ehizmac has much to be proud of ehizmac's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      3316.24 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,187 Times in 519 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sonibark View Post
      yes bro, i think you are right, the margin cost will be higher , and when there is likely news all could even be in ,loss because there is no protection on the trades, have seen situation where i tried to do something similar to that but in a all eventually end up in loss because the price triggered my entry and eventually did not hit my tp before moving downward and triggered the sell stop and still move back to its initial point
      Although I fully do not understand the system of trading here but I have a friend that trades in similar manner, he places trades without stop-loss and this idea has been working for him that an account of $100 has risen to $700 in 6months, and he has not increased his lot size more than 10cent per trade.

6. The following 5 users say Thank You to ehizmac for this useful post.

Don'tStop (02-13-2018), Unregistered (4)

Super Moderator
      I am:
      Fine

PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79's Avatar
      Thanks
      Thanked 34,576 Times in 8,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by union12 View Post
      that's because its my first tp and i usually analyze market and if i found potential then i leave it for next tp, which is second or last tp and that is finalized according to resistance or support levels.

now here is what i'm testing on demo, they says it grid trading so i will let the grid run for next fews days and then open my demo to see the results.

Attachment 74226Attachment 74227

grid is defensive strategy, protects from loss of floating lots.

There's a lot of variation to grid trading strategy and some of them really depend on the amount of line spread like how many pips should be the distance between one line to another. But what happened with the hedging method mate? I thought you were running a hedge method in your trading? Any particular reason for abandoning it?

8. The following 6 users say Thank You to PhantomTrader79 for this useful post.

Anthony Cheung (02-19-2018), Beautiful Quynh (02-14-2018), fembizz (02-12-2018), PongsakornFX (02-19-2018), UberTrade (02-19-2018), union12 (02-13-2018)

I just can't quit pips!
      I am:
      Inspired

fembizz has a reputation beyond repute fembizz has a reputation beyond repute fembizz has a reputation beyond repute fembizz has a reputation beyond repute fembizz has a reputation beyond repute fembizz has a reputation beyond repute fembizz has a reputation beyond repute fembizz has a reputation beyond repute fembizz has a reputation beyond repute fembizz has a reputation beyond repute fembizz has a reputation beyond repute fembizz's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      1779.75 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,084 Times in 743 Posts

I quite agree to the principle raised by you Super moderator as the grid trading technique is never unitary in its scope but rather flexible as some traders speculate and set dimension on variation, I am a big fan of grid's trading strategy as I strongly believe the market's price movement is waves patterned and and full of up and down in form of crest and trough zones.

10. The following 3 users say Thank You to fembizz for this useful post.

Unregistered (3)

It's time to retire!
      I am:
      ----

ehizmac has much to be proud of ehizmac has much to be proud of ehizmac has much to be proud of ehizmac has much to be proud of ehizmac has much to be proud of ehizmac has much to be proud of ehizmac has much to be proud of ehizmac has much to be proud of ehizmac has much to be proud of ehizmac's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      Thanks

This is indeed a very new one and I must say that this is the very first time am hearing about grid trading in details although I once heard it but didn't pay so much attention to it, but I would admonish the house to throw more emphasis on the subject so we can learn a thing or two.

My charts talk to me!
      I am:
      Busy

union12 has much to be proud of union12 has much to be proud of union12 has much to be proud of union12 has much to be proud of union12 has much to be proud of union12 has much to be proud of union12 has much to be proud of union12 has much to be proud of union12 has much to be proud of union12's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      713.91 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,141 Times in 291 Posts

that's not a profitable grid setup. i think you might want to search the web again for how to really do it. what do you hope to expect by placing orders like that? the only thing that will happen is fills with very high margin cost on one side and then eventually drawdown because no protection. or do you have it?
      i have no protection, they i just made all this because it is just a test not in live account.

grid trading is banned on many brokers, it's also banned on many ****** providers. just a heads up.
      is it more profitable so they banned it? if no then strange news.

well i am not saying there aren't. there could be dynamic stops on the pending orders but i am not at the terminal so i couldn't check. regardless the pattern is way of and well .. i hope for a good answer for these many orders. what are they doing really?
      if you ask me what is that then you must know that i would wait until price move fully in one direction, the best thing about this setup is that news would not be able to effect it a-lot and at the end price finally moves in one direction so i could maybe have $$. i wouldn't place anything in this until something happen because it is demo account. but if it worked then i can use it in live.

There's a lot of variation to grid trading strategy and some of them really depend on the amount of line spread like how many pips should be the distance between one line to another. But what happened with the hedging method mate? I thought you were running a hedge method in your trading? Any particular reason for abandoning it?
      hedging is still going and this is just a new experiment, i love new experiment and this could be good for catching full trend.

Name:  grid.PNG
Views: 14
Size:  132.8 KB

only buy orders are opened since i placed this grid, now what's going to happen next would be decided by price. price would surely move in one direction and when it did i would have to place new pending orders.

13. The following 8 users say Thank You to union12 for this useful post.

Don'tStop (02-13-2018), Neriah (02-13-2018), NikitaBelle (02-13-2018), Unregistered (5)

It's time to retire!
      I am:
      ----

Accumulated bonus
      Thanks

This grid trading is becoming very popular and it seems to be a very nice system, if I may ask what is the rational behind calculating these grid level? I would want you to throw more light on it to further explain how one can be able to adequately place the grid as am new to the whole grid thing.

15. The following 2 users say Thank You to ehizmac for this useful post.

Unregistered (2)

My charts talk to me!
      I am:
      ----

Don'tStop has much to be proud of Don'tStop has much to be proud of Don'tStop has much to be proud of Don'tStop has much to be proud of Don'tStop has much to be proud of Don'tStop has much to be proud of Don'tStop has much to be proud of Don'tStop has much to be proud of Don'tStop has much to be proud of Don'tStop's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      338.30 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,116 Times in 269 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by union12 View Post
      i have no protection, they i just made all this because it is just a test not in live account.

if you ask me what is that then you must know that i would wait until price move fully in one direction, the best thing about this setup is that news would not be able to effect it a-lot and at the end price finally moves in one direction so i could maybe have $$. i wouldn't place anything in this until something happen because it is demo account. but if it worked then i can use it in live.

hedging is still going and this is just a new experiment, i love new experiment and this could be good for catching full trend.

Attachment 74248

only buy orders are opened since i placed this grid, now what's going to happen next would be decided by price. price would surely move in one direction and when it did i would have to place new pending orders.
      I can see that you are doing the same trade as NIki, that is good and you have similar thread tittle. I hope you learn from her so well and then be able to start growing your trading account and enjoy consistent withdrawal from your account and also trade with little risk as she does.

17. The following 3 users say Thank You to Don'tStop for this useful post.

2pac (02-13-2018), Neriah (02-13-2018), union12 (02-13-2018)

MT5 Maniac
      I am:
      Cool

Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      2794.20 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 7,283 Times in 2,455 Posts

well you are free to experiment all you like but i can tell you right now that placing the orders like that will not work. for several reasons.

1) the margin cost of each position, how much is it?
      2) when price fills some of them and retraces you will have to pay much more because you have new fills, in your chart you see this now from the buy positions.
      3) now that you are long with several positions you'd need to place a sell stop of largers size on the other side of this, to compensate. to do it correctly. there would also be monitoring to remove pending orders and tp placed for the long positions. and if the sell stop fails to hit it's tp then there would need to be an even larger buy limit lower down, to compensate for that, also with tp. <-- that is how to really do it.

not really sure why. but it's mathematical more so then trading and if the model fails then the accounts fail. if you ask me i think they banned it mostly because it was a sure way to win for the clients, if done correctly.

the best thing about this setup is that news would not be able to effect it a-lot and at the end price finally moves in one direction so i could maybe have $$.
      why not just place one above price and one below price?

---------- Post added at 09:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 AM ----------

This grid trading is becoming very popular and it seems to be a very nice system
      it only sounds good on paper. you don't want to go there. trading with hedging though is another matter.

The Symbiosis mashed up Trading Journal
      <--

Winner of Best answers contest!

19. The following 2 users say Thank You to Alexander Tatsumaki for this useful post.

penuelophir (02-13-2018), union12 (02-13-2018)

Reply to Thread
    Page 35 of 60 FirstFirst ... 30 33 34 35 36 37 40 ... LastLast