MT5 Rookie
      I am:
      ----

Scheduled Pips will become famous soon enough Scheduled Pips's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      9.08 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Default Good items for news trading

Every country will release several economic data every month and this is what we are looking. This is the item that you can use to trade:

1. Interest rate.
      2. NFP (Non Farm Payroll).
      3. CPI (Consumer Price Index)
      4. PPI (Producer Price Index)
      5. Housing data
      6. Meetings or speech by governor

There are other items but those 6 is already more than enough to make good profit every month. What you should do is to read the hints from analyst and then compare the previous data with the projection or estimate.

Also to be sure, you must follow the news for the country that you want to trade so economy review by experts are your tool to win this battle. You can go to CNBC, Reuters, Bloomberg for big picture economy review.

Those items are the measure of the country's economic health so they can move the price of the forex market for the pair that you want to trade.

2. The following 4 users say Thank You to Scheduled Pips for this useful post.

Beautiful Quynh (02-27-2018), Borneo Scalper (02-28-2018), PhantomTrader79 (02-27-2018), PongsakornFX (02-28-2018)

3. Dragon
      Super Moderator
      I am:
      Fine

PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79's Avatar
      Thanks
      Thanked 35,868 Times in 8,403 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Scheduled Pips View Post
      Every country will release several economic data every month and this is what we are looking. This is the item that you can use to trade:

1. Interest rate.
      5. Housing data

There are other items but those 6 is already more than enough to make good profit every month. What you should do is to read the hints from analyst and then compare the previous data with the projection or estimate.

Also to be sure, you must follow the news for the country that you want to trade so economy review by experts are your tool to win this battle. You can go to CNBC, Reuters, Bloomberg for big picture economy review.

Those items are the measure of the country's economic health so they can move the price of the forex market for the pair that you want to trade.
      Hi mate,

This is a good thread. One quick question though.... are you a news trader?
      By that I mean do you really trade news and not trade anything else?

5. The following 3 users say Thank You to PhantomTrader79 for this useful post.

Beautiful Quynh (02-27-2018), Borneo Scalper (02-28-2018), PongsakornFX (02-28-2018)

My charts talk to me!
      I am:
      ----

Beautiful Quynh is a splendid one to behold Beautiful Quynh is a splendid one to behold Beautiful Quynh is a splendid one to behold Beautiful Quynh is a splendid one to behold Beautiful Quynh is a splendid one to behold Beautiful Quynh is a splendid one to behold Beautiful Quynh is a splendid one to behold Beautiful Quynh is a splendid one to behold Beautiful Quynh's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      276.41 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,000 Times in 400 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Scheduled Pips View Post

1. Interest rate.
      5. Housing data

I think for profitable news trading you don't need all of them but only 3 or 4 from the list.
      FOMC, NFP, CPI, will be able to move the market by much and speech also can do the same.
      Traders don't know the future that is why traders need market scenarios.

7. The following 2 users say Thank You to Beautiful Quynh for this useful post.

Borneo Scalper (02-28-2018), PongsakornFX (02-28-2018)

MT5 Addict
      I am:
      ----

PongsakornFX is a name known to all PongsakornFX is a name known to all PongsakornFX is a name known to all PongsakornFX is a name known to all PongsakornFX is a name known to all PongsakornFX is a name known to all PongsakornFX's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      371.07 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful Quynh View Post
      I think for profitable news trading you don't need all of them but only 3 or 4 from the list.
      FOMC, NFP, CPI, will be able to move the market by much and speech also can do the same.
      I think only need 3 from that because I often see news traders use them FOMC, NFP and CPI.
      For news trading I think not for eveyone because it's dangerous for use and has high risk for new traders.

9. The following 4 users say Thank You to PongsakornFX for this useful post.

Beautiful Quynh (03-01-2018), Borneo Scalper (02-28-2018), Unregistered (2)

My charts talk to me!
      I am:
      ----

Borneo Scalper has a brilliant future Borneo Scalper has a brilliant future Borneo Scalper has a brilliant future Borneo Scalper has a brilliant future Borneo Scalper has a brilliant future Borneo Scalper has a brilliant future Borneo Scalper has a brilliant future Borneo Scalper has a brilliant future Borneo Scalper has a brilliant future Borneo Scalper has a brilliant future Borneo Scalper has a brilliant future Borneo Scalper's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      527.56 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,582 Times in 579 Posts

i dont remember much of the names only a few which are popular like fomc, interest rate and nfp. I just rely on the colour code that appears on the news site. Green is good while red is bad.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Borneo Scalper For This Useful Post:

Beautiful Quynh (03-01-2018)

My charts talk to me!
      I am:
      ----

Beautiful Quynh is a splendid one to behold Beautiful Quynh is a splendid one to behold Beautiful Quynh is a splendid one to behold Beautiful Quynh is a splendid one to behold Beautiful Quynh is a splendid one to behold Beautiful Quynh is a splendid one to behold Beautiful Quynh is a splendid one to behold Beautiful Quynh is a splendid one to behold Beautiful Quynh's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      276.41 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,000 Times in 400 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pongsakorn** View Post
      I think only need 3 from that because I often see news traders use them FOMC, NFP and CPI.
      For news trading I think not for eveyone because it's dangerous for use and has high risk for new traders.
      Yes, those 3 are just fine because NFP is a monthly item so you can use it to trade every month and CPI is also a monthly ittem.
      But FOMC is not a monthly item I think it's only 8 times per year so there are some month that won't have FOMC.
      Speech is delivered also not every month but it usually can send the price very strong and far.
      Traders don't know the future that is why traders need market scenarios.

Reply to Thread