• Sneaky
  • Stresses
  • Tired
  • Twisted
  • Worried
  • Yeehaw
  • Reply to Thread
    Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: I did everything but still lose money. How to turn this situation around?

My charts talk to me!
      I am:
      ----

Beautiful Quynh is a splendid one to behold Beautiful Quynh is a splendid one to behold Beautiful Quynh is a splendid one to behold Beautiful Quynh is a splendid one to behold Beautiful Quynh is a splendid one to behold Beautiful Quynh is a splendid one to behold Beautiful Quynh is a splendid one to behold Beautiful Quynh is a splendid one to behold Beautiful Quynh's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      276 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,010 Times in 406 Posts

Default I did everything but still lose money. How to turn this situation around?

Some times traders already do everything according to the trading strategy but still lose money and of course everyone in this situation is desperate to turn things around. The question is they don't know how.

If you are asked this question by someone you know or someone close to you what will you advise him or what you make him do to improve the situation or possibly even make him into a profitable trader. Remember, this is someone you know so you have to make sure you will give him the best advise.

Ok, let's start the read the best answers from you!

Note: The question is already fully explored with many answer.
      http://forum.mt5.com/showthread.php?...1#post12757430
      Last edited by PhantomTrader79; 05-13-2018 at 07:30 AM.
      Traders don't know the future that is why traders need market scenarios.

2. Thanks under the first post will be ignored for the purpose of distribution of prizes
      It's time to retire!
      I am:
      Amused

azmassi has a reputation beyond repute azmassi has a reputation beyond repute azmassi has a reputation beyond repute azmassi has a reputation beyond repute azmassi has a reputation beyond repute azmassi has a reputation beyond repute azmassi has a reputation beyond repute azmassi has a reputation beyond repute azmassi has a reputation beyond repute azmassi has a reputation beyond repute azmassi has a reputation beyond repute azmassi's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      2201 USD (What is this?)
      caught pokemons
      14 (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 21,306 Times in 4,686 Posts

To trade well, money management must not be a new thing for you. You must control your risk on each position and on your entire account. On a trade, you must never exceed 2% of loss! If your trading account is big, don't risk more than 0.5% per position. You must also set a maximum loss threshold per day, or even a week to avoid any psychological cracking. If you reach this threshold, you stop trading.

Most of traders often look for a methodology that will lead them to a winning trading but there's no magic formula to become a good trader. There is a methodology for training in trading, learning the basics of trading and then it's up to you to discover how to become a good trader, how to find a winning trading strategy with a controlled risk.

4. For the posts posted after 23.10.18, the likes will be displayed after 23.12.18
      Forum Master
      I am:
      ----

amiron56 has a reputation beyond repute amiron56 has a reputation beyond repute amiron56 has a reputation beyond repute amiron56 has a reputation beyond repute amiron56 has a reputation beyond repute amiron56 has a reputation beyond repute amiron56 has a reputation beyond repute amiron56 has a reputation beyond repute amiron56 has a reputation beyond repute amiron56 has a reputation beyond repute amiron56 has a reputation beyond repute amiron56's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      2387 USD (What is this?)
      caught pokemons
      1 (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,085 Posts

This is the common storey in this business. So I am not surprised to read this thread. I think the thread opener and I also me the number of this problem. I don't agree that the loser has huge gaps on how to make good trading. Mainly loser cannot improve trading output in order to fail to fix the past mistake. Learning is an ongoing process as long as we live in the world, but what we knew and know that need to deal with our work then we can be safe from this problem.
      Last edited by amiron56; 03-16-2018 at 03:24 AM. Reason: add word

MT5 Maniac
      I am:
      Fine

Arief Makmur is a glorious beacon of light Arief Makmur is a glorious beacon of light Arief Makmur is a glorious beacon of light Arief Makmur is a glorious beacon of light Arief Makmur is a glorious beacon of light Arief Makmur is a glorious beacon of light Arief Makmur's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      681 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful Quynh View Post
      Some times traders already do everything according to the trading strategy but still lose money and of course everyone in this situation is desperate to turn things around. The question is they don't know how.

If you are asked this question by someone you know or someone close to you what will you advise him or what you make him do to improve the situation or possibly even make him into a profitable trader. Remember, this is someone you know so you have to make sure you will give him the best advise.

I thing you need evaluation, start with your Money & Risk Management, Your Trading Strategy is that you adopt a Trend Following or Counter Trend ? If Trend Following is that you Open Position with a right Trend, Example If the Trend is Bearish in a Daily Charts like EUR/JPY now, did you open only SELL Position at 60 or 15 minutes charts, how you describe the signal for Open Position etc ...
      Simple Is The Best

7. For the posts posted after 23.10.18, the likes will be displayed after 23.12.18
      It's time to retire!
      I am:
      Fine

elssayed has a reputation beyond repute elssayed has a reputation beyond repute elssayed has a reputation beyond repute elssayed has a reputation beyond repute elssayed has a reputation beyond repute elssayed has a reputation beyond repute elssayed has a reputation beyond repute elssayed has a reputation beyond repute elssayed has a reputation beyond repute elssayed has a reputation beyond repute elssayed has a reputation beyond repute elssayed's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      5266 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,896 Times in 1,369 Posts

a the beginning i also did every thing and lost more and more money but i started to find my mistakes that cause the loses to me then i started to avoid it while my trading and these mistakes was :
      1- the trading without stop loss
      2- the trading without plan
      3- the trading with greed and high risk
      so i avoided the greed and made my plan is to make only 10% monthly and i used stop loss to all my trades then i started to make earnings step by step

My pips hand is weak
      I am:
      ----

ForexRich will become famous soon enough ForexRich will become famous soon enough ForexRich's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      24 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

It is crucial to have a trading plan

A trading plan is a clearly formulated plan of trader's actions in a given market situation. A trading plan is part of a trading strategy and must contain the answers to what a trader should do if the market goes one way or the other. The trading plan should give answers to the questions "what to do if...?" This is a kind of map, which helps a trader make decisions. The main elements of the trading plan:

Restriction of profits and losses. This issue is often settled using the stop loss and take profit levels, which can be set manually. However, they should be specified systematically and according to the chosen trading strategy, the risk management principles, etc.

Establishment of the trading goals. It is important to understand what is trading for you: a mean of earning a fixed interest a month, a hobby, or a lottery to raise adrenaline. In accordance with the established goal, you decide what monthly profit will be your goal, what number of deal you need to conduct, what number of pips and lots you need to trade, etc.

Entry and exit rules
      This issue is linked to the chosen trading system and gives an answer to the question: what signals should be used when entering and exiting the market. It is also necessary to determine the personal guidelines that specify what to do if you achieve or fail to achieve the goals for a certain time period. Those guidelines are individual and depend on your trading style.
      Examples of guidelines:
      "After reaching a profit of 20 pips, I stop trading on this day."
      "If the price has reached more than 50 pips of profit, I switch the deal into breakeven"
      "After 5 losing trades in a row, I take a break for a week."
      "If I earned 10%, I no longer trade this week."
      "If I hit 3 stop loss levels for one pair, I no longer trade it on this day."

Psychological guidelines
      Examples of psychological guidelines:
      "If I am upset, low-spirited, feel slack or absent-minded, I do not open the platform."
      "If I am too excited, scared, happy or angry and it is difficult to concentrate, I do not open the trading platform."

Personal guidelines
      Each person is unique, has own character and trading style. Therefore, in accordance with their experience, each trader can establish own set of rules that will make the trading process more organized and effective.

10. For the posts posted after 23.10.18, the likes will be displayed after 23.12.18
      FX Zombie
      I am:
      ----

Obie has a reputation beyond repute Obie has a reputation beyond repute Obie has a reputation beyond repute Obie has a reputation beyond repute Obie has a reputation beyond repute Obie has a reputation beyond repute Obie has a reputation beyond repute Obie has a reputation beyond repute Obie has a reputation beyond repute Obie has a reputation beyond repute Obie has a reputation beyond repute Obie's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      2007 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,095 Times in 859 Posts

The Solution to the Problem of Constant Losses in Forex Trading

I know the panacea to the problem of constant loss when trading the forex markets. In most cases, this problem is indicative of a fundamental flaw in knowledge and technique. When trading based on the wrong premises, one is bound to lose ever so often. So, my recommendation goes as follows:

Reality Number 1: The forex market is probabilistic in nature and evolves according to complicated non-linear dynamics which cannot be effectively gamed through the use of linear methods. Start learning Forex market microstructure.Read econometric and financial markets journals.

Realty Number 2: Since the markets are non-linear in nature, strive to imbibe non-linear thinking and start taking college-level mathematics and statistics seriously. Start learning Algorithm design.

Reality Number3: Stop doing everything that didn't work in the past. Discard every tool that failed consistently in the past. Use more of Statistical tools/indicators.

I'm sure these measures are the solution to the problem of consistent losses in forex trading. The question is, how many traders have what it takes to go this far?

It's time to retire!
      I am:
      Inspired

fanatic is a splendid one to behold fanatic is a splendid one to behold fanatic is a splendid one to behold fanatic is a splendid one to behold fanatic is a splendid one to behold fanatic is a splendid one to behold fanatic is a splendid one to behold fanatic is a splendid one to behold fanatic's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      4151 USD (What is this?)
      caught pokemons
      5 (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,109 Times in 594 Posts

Anyone that thinks that he or she has done everything but still lose during forex trading is not being honest. There is no way anyone can do everything there is to do and still keep losing consistently instead of making consistent profits. Such attitude may lead to frustration and quitting forex trading, when the right action would have led to success.

The way forward are:

Review Your past trades
      An honest review of your past trades history will help you to find out the mistakes that usually leads to your losses. This is even more effective when you are in the habit of keeping trading journal, where you record the reasons for taking trades. You will come to know why trades failed and determine not to make similar mistakes in future.

Poor risk and money management
      Many instances of loss of forex trading capital are caused by the failure of the trader to adhere to sound risk and money management practice, which will likely give you a good chance of success, as well as longevity in the forex market, even with mediocre performance in forex trading.

Emotional trading
      Trading under the influence of emotion is suicidal in the forex market. A disciplined approach such as strict trading according to a trading plan needs to be adopted in order to enforce discipline and avoid emotional trading.

Poor forex trading strategy
      The trader needs to ensure that a forex trading strategy is being used, and such strategy must have been extensively tested on both demo and live account, and confirmed to provide very high rate of profitable trades.

Learn from experience
      The importance of learning from your past trades, whether demo or live account, cannot be overemphasized. This as previously stated can be facilitated when you keep a trading journal of your past trades and study them later to remedy your weakness and reinforce your strengths.
      POSSIBILITIES ARE INFINITE IN THE FOREX MARKET, YOU CAN ACCOMPLISH ANYTHING !

13. For the posts posted after 23.10.18, the likes will be displayed after 23.12.18
      MT5 Veteran
      I am:
      Cool

Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      4575 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 8,040 Times in 2,731 Posts

I did everything but still lose money. How to turn this situation around?
      Often it is not the systems fault but the trader. The trader may not have what it takes to follow the system. Then again if the trader can do that and the trading profits do not come then the system does not work. It's as simple as that.

Not all people can be traders as it requires a mentality that can take a lot of pressure. Most people i've meet in life are not like that, many like to take the easy road and not really do anything. Many are content with what they have and if they do not have something they simply complain and continue to do nothing about their situation. It takes a very special kind of idiot, yes really, to keep going with something that does not produce profits. I mean who in their right mind would continue to pay for something that does not give anything back. I would think it is a good idea to give up, and it may be. But if there are things that can be learned and changed then the only way is to do that. Things may become better with experience, something that costs money in this business, but not always. The aspiring trader first has to have the dormant ability to be good at trading and very few have that.

The Symbiosis mashed up Trading Journal
      <--

Winner of Best answers contest!

15. For the posts posted after 23.10.18, the likes will be displayed after 23.12.18
      My charts talk to me!
      I am:
      ----

cambiste is a splendid one to behold cambiste is a splendid one to behold cambiste is a splendid one to behold cambiste is a splendid one to behold cambiste is a splendid one to behold cambiste is a splendid one to behold cambiste is a splendid one to behold cambiste's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      324 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

There's always a reason behind a success or a failure as well. You think you did everything but in fact that's not true, maybe you tried your best to improve your trading but you didn't do the right things.
      You've to know the reason why you lose, if it comes from a wrong analysis then you've to study more and to change your strategy. If you think your strategy is good and winning then your problem should be a psychological one, in this case you've to learn how to get a good psychology of a successful trader, to do so I suggest you to search some ebooks about the trading psychology on the net.

17. For the posts posted after 23.10.18, the likes will be displayed after 23.12.18
      MT5 Maniac
      I am:
      ----

sasaran1 is a splendid one to behold sasaran1 is a splendid one to behold sasaran1 is a splendid one to behold sasaran1 is a splendid one to behold sasaran1 is a splendid one to behold sasaran1 is a splendid one to behold sasaran1's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      646 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

In trading can not be separated from profit and loss. if you get a loss then have to think positive, "maybe I'm not lucky so I got a loss" said in the heart. losses in trade should be considered as learning alone and examine why it can get losses in trading. maybe it's because of lack of knowledge and practice in trading.

19. For the posts posted after 23.10.18, the likes will be displayed after 23.12.18
    Reply to Thread
    Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast