• Sneaky
  • Stresses
  • Tired
  • Twisted
  • Worried
  • Yeehaw
  • Reply to Thread
    Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: I did everything but still lose money. How to turn this situation around?

My charts talk to me!
      I am:
      ----

Beautiful Quynh is a splendid one to behold Beautiful Quynh is a splendid one to behold Beautiful Quynh is a splendid one to behold Beautiful Quynh is a splendid one to behold Beautiful Quynh is a splendid one to behold Beautiful Quynh is a splendid one to behold Beautiful Quynh is a splendid one to behold Beautiful Quynh is a splendid one to behold Beautiful Quynh's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      276 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,010 Times in 406 Posts

Default I did everything but still lose money. How to turn this situation around?

Some times traders already do everything according to the trading strategy but still lose money and of course everyone in this situation is desperate to turn things around. The question is they don't know how.

If you are asked this question by someone you know or someone close to you what will you advise him or what you make him do to improve the situation or possibly even make him into a profitable trader. Remember, this is someone you know so you have to make sure you will give him the best advise.

Ok, let's start the read the best answers from you!

Note: The question is already fully explored with many answer.
      http://forum.mt5.com/showthread.php?...1#post12757430
      Last edited by PhantomTrader79; 05-13-2018 at 07:30 AM.
      Traders don't know the future that is why traders need market scenarios.

2. Thanks under the first post will be ignored for the purpose of distribution of prizes
      Banned
      I am:
      ----

adex19 has a brilliant future adex19 has a brilliant future adex19 has a brilliant future adex19 has a brilliant future adex19 has a brilliant future adex19 has a brilliant future adex19 has a brilliant future adex19 has a brilliant future adex19 has a brilliant future adex19 has a brilliant future adex19 has a brilliant future adex19's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      243 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 7,495 Times in 1,082 Posts

There are many traders like you in the forex market, and obviously almost every trader passes through this particular situation, the point at which we will be thinking about quitting, but honestly giving up shouldn't be an option at all.
      All we really have to do is make sure we look for whatever it's that makes you too loose, you may think that you have tried everything possible, but believe me, you definitely are doing something wrong or it's that you lack forex knowledge
      How to turn this around

1. Go back to drawing board : sometimes it could be that our own the market is what's affecting our trading decisions, do we have to make a new plan

2. Try to learn again by going back to demo account : honestly this way we can easily spot whatever is making us to loose, demo trading is very much powerful, we can even develop a new trading strategy while learning

4. For the posts posted after 23.10.18, the likes will be displayed after 23.12.18
      FX Vampire
      I am:
      ----

dtvade is a splendid one to behold dtvade is a splendid one to behold dtvade is a splendid one to behold dtvade is a splendid one to behold dtvade is a splendid one to behold dtvade is a splendid one to behold dtvade is a splendid one to behold dtvade is a splendid one to behold dtvade's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      1269 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,129 Times in 656 Posts

The bottom line in forex trading is the understanding and the application of the knowledge of technical analysis, fundamental analysis and the psychology of trading. With these a good trader should be able to develop his or her own personal working strategy that must have stood the test of time by producing profits on consistent basis for the period of about six months.
      If these had been done and you are still losing then I will advice that you go back to the drawing board by starting all these afresh and make sure that you keep a trading journal with which you will be able to do a thorough evaluation of all your trading activities. Then you need discipline and self control to hold on to what is written in the journal which with these there would be an improvement in your trading.

6. For the posts posted after 23.10.18, the likes will be displayed after 23.12.18
      I just can't quit pips!
      I am:
      Pensive

forexaddict is a splendid one to behold forexaddict is a splendid one to behold forexaddict is a splendid one to behold forexaddict is a splendid one to behold forexaddict is a splendid one to behold forexaddict is a splendid one to behold forexaddict is a splendid one to behold forexaddict is a splendid one to behold forexaddict's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      1562 USD (What is this?)
      caught pokemons
      1 (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,057 Times in 488 Posts

I don't think that trying every thing is a pragmatic way to search for success in this business. First of all we need to accept that the losing is part of the business and in every trade there is a possibility of losing so we can't deny this fact. Another thing is that if we frequently change our strategies and approach to the market then it won't help us because we need to test a strategy for enough time and give it enough breathing space and only then we can make conclusion. On the other hand if we try one strategy for one month and switch to another and continue this process then it won't bring us any good.

Sometimes we don't need to try desperately we need to act smartly and only this way will be able to take decisions which makes sense. To become successful in trading we need to think smart and act smart and the theory of the market won't teach you how to trade and make profit you have to practice it and that's way you will find your own strategy and trading plan which will best fit you.

Chasing success like others will only disappoint you and you have to remember not every traders situation is same. Someone is trading with a million dollar and some trader trading with couple of hundred dollars.
      Yesterday's wins and losses are yesterday's wins and losses -- and the yesterdays are gone

MT5 Maniac
      I am:
      Dead

Interlock has a reputation beyond repute Interlock has a reputation beyond repute Interlock has a reputation beyond repute Interlock has a reputation beyond repute Interlock has a reputation beyond repute Interlock has a reputation beyond repute Interlock has a reputation beyond repute Interlock has a reputation beyond repute Interlock has a reputation beyond repute Interlock has a reputation beyond repute Interlock has a reputation beyond repute Interlock's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      3587 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 6,992 Times in 1,988 Posts

Default Re: I did everything but still lose money. How to turn this situation around?

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful Quynh View Post
      I did everything but still lose money. How to turn this situation around?
      It's really frustrated situation. Confidence will turn into negative points in that time. Everything will move against trading strategy. It's better to take a break from trading. Then have to focus on demo account. After getting some consecutive success in demo account, your confident will grow up gradually. You can't get your lost confidence so easily. You have to struggle hard to get this lost confidence. If you open trade continuously after getting consecutive losses then the ultimate result will be worst. Because emotion has no place in trading. Market always moves according to it's own direction. It won't respect your emotion. So it's better to wait for the perfect timing for re-entering in the market.

9. For the posts posted after 23.10.18, the likes will be displayed after 23.12.18
      FX Vampire
      I am:
      ----

paulokepaul has much to be proud of paulokepaul has much to be proud of paulokepaul has much to be proud of paulokepaul has much to be proud of paulokepaul has much to be proud of paulokepaul has much to be proud of paulokepaul has much to be proud of paulokepaul has much to be proud of paulokepaul has much to be proud of paulokepaul has much to be proud of paulokepaul's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      845 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,549 Times in 791 Posts

Default Re: I did everything but still lose money. How to turn this situation around?

It is true that a trader may employ all he/she know about forex and still loosing money. In this situation it will look as if the business is not real. It is but there are many things the trader has not done which he/she should find out and do it. One of these things is much experience , this factor help trader to handle difficult and normal situations in this market. If the trader is able to recognize what he/she has seen before ,he/she can know what to do or where to place order. That is why it takes time to understand this market and make money out of it.Second thing is emotion , this is a big problem in this market, trade who does not take time and analysis market always loose money. This market is traded base on facts not on feeling.Thing is money management, this call for discipline, lack of it land traders to losses.

FX Vampire
      I am:
      ----

ola4real has a reputation beyond repute ola4real has a reputation beyond repute ola4real has a reputation beyond repute ola4real has a reputation beyond repute ola4real has a reputation beyond repute ola4real has a reputation beyond repute ola4real has a reputation beyond repute ola4real has a reputation beyond repute ola4real has a reputation beyond repute ola4real has a reputation beyond repute ola4real has a reputation beyond repute ola4real's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      1436 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 3,808 Times in 1,564 Posts

Losing is not what is uncommon among forex traders, but when it is becoming repeated, then it becomes a problem for the trader. The traders that are in the category of repeated losses should try to stop trading for a while, but take on a training class, and also evaluate themselves according. The traders in this category can try the following to solve their problem;
      1. The trader should start afresh a serious learning with the demo in order to choose a dependable strategy
      2. The traders should try a trend trading style.
      3. The trader should use quality money and risk management
      4. The trader should invest the affordable capital in order to avoid emotion
      5. The trader should be optimistic, disciplined, patient and have a working plan
      6. The trader should always keep a trading journal for consistent self and trading review and evaluation.

MT5 Veteran
      I am:
      Happy

Oriakhiebillz has a reputation beyond repute Oriakhiebillz has a reputation beyond repute Oriakhiebillz has a reputation beyond repute Oriakhiebillz has a reputation beyond repute Oriakhiebillz has a reputation beyond repute Oriakhiebillz has a reputation beyond repute Oriakhiebillz has a reputation beyond repute Oriakhiebillz has a reputation beyond repute Oriakhiebillz has a reputation beyond repute Oriakhiebillz has a reputation beyond repute Oriakhiebillz has a reputation beyond repute Oriakhiebillz's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      1759 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 3,646 Times in 1,429 Posts

If you do everything in forex trading and yet you are still losing money, this simply means that there is still something that you are not doing right, there is one particular thing you need to change, it might seems good to you but in the forex market it is bad, so you have to change it. Either your approach to the market is bad or maybe your trading strategy is the main problem, because if you can control your emotions, follow a good money management, keep self discipline and still yet you are losing money, then it means your trading strategy is bad and it needs changing.

So therefore you can go for a new trading strategy, develop a new trading strategy or better still go for an already made strategy and practice how to use it, and when you become good in it, then combine it to other of your good trading characteristics and you would definitely see the changes.

If you are are doing everything right in forex and still loses money, it simply means that you need to change your trading strategy, the strategy you use in analysing the market, that gives you the signal to either buy or sell a particular currency pair or commodity in the market. That's what you need to do, so as to get good result and stop losing your money.

Reply to Thread
    Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4