• Sneaky
  • Stresses
  • Tired
  • Twisted
  • Worried
  • Yeehaw
  • Reply to Thread
    Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Is it possible to survive in forex market trading with big lot size?

It's time to retire!
      I am:
      Fine

Kalex has a reputation beyond repute Kalex has a reputation beyond repute Kalex has a reputation beyond repute Kalex has a reputation beyond repute Kalex has a reputation beyond repute Kalex has a reputation beyond repute Kalex has a reputation beyond repute Kalex has a reputation beyond repute Kalex has a reputation beyond repute Kalex has a reputation beyond repute Kalex has a reputation beyond repute Kalex's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      5160.00 USD (What is this?)
      caught pokemons
      4 (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 6,237 Times in 1,797 Posts

Default Is it possible to survive in forex market trading with big lot size?

Is it Possible to survive in Forex market with bigger lotsize trading ? Max traders are having common knowledge that they may get margin call if they trade with bigger or higher lotsize ? What's your opinion in this matter ? Can you please highlight in this matter .

The question is already fully explored with many answer.
      http://forum.mt5.com/showthread.php?...1#post12757449
      Last edited by PhantomTrader79; 05-13-2018 at 08:06 AM.

2. Thanks under the first post will be ignored for the purpose of distribution of prizes
      FX Vampire
      I am:
      Inspired

Interlock has a reputation beyond repute Interlock has a reputation beyond repute Interlock has a reputation beyond repute Interlock has a reputation beyond repute Interlock has a reputation beyond repute Interlock has a reputation beyond repute Interlock has a reputation beyond repute Interlock has a reputation beyond repute Interlock has a reputation beyond repute Interlock has a reputation beyond repute Interlock has a reputation beyond repute Interlock's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      813.13 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 4,277 Times in 1,376 Posts

Is it possible to survive in forex market with big lot size trading?
      Lot size is mainly depends on your trading strategy. Generally if you have small capital then you shouldn't use big lot size. Because Forex market is a volatile market. A big move can make you market out. It's better to use small lot size in every point of view. Some important tips are-
      1. Try to use small lot size even if you have big capital.
      2. If you can't avoid big lot size then you must use SL and TP in every trade.
      3. Small lot size will help you to survive in the market for a long time.
      4. Forex success is mainly depends on good analysis, concentration, calculated lot size, experience and timing.
      If you really like your capital then it's better to use small lot size. Calculated risk is tolerable. If you have $10,000 capital then you can use $1 lot size in your trades. But with $100 amount you shouldn't take such risk. Risk is always there but it should be taken in a calculated way. That's the key to get success in Forex market. Always try to remember slow and steady always wins the race.
      Who Is Your Creator And What Is His Intention? Find It Before It Becomes Too Late. If You Search You Will Realize That Allah Is One. May Allah Bless You.

4. The following 2 users say Thank You to Interlock for this useful post.

forexianz (05-19-2018), Tarikul Islam (05-23-2018)

Forum Guru
      I am:
      ----

sonibark has a reputation beyond repute sonibark has a reputation beyond repute sonibark has a reputation beyond repute sonibark has a reputation beyond repute sonibark has a reputation beyond repute sonibark has a reputation beyond repute sonibark has a reputation beyond repute sonibark has a reputation beyond repute sonibark has a reputation beyond repute sonibark has a reputation beyond repute sonibark has a reputation beyond repute sonibark's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      2280.66 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 9,379 Times in 2,732 Posts

I bet this comes from the big lot boss, take very much possible to survive in the forex trading market with the use of big lot size, I think any traders that wish to trade like this must have done this several times in the demo trading account and it must be successful every time, the truth is that we need a solid plan as a good trading techniques that goes with the strategy.

Though using big lot size can be very risky but such trading must be done with extremely care. And we will have to open very more calculating position and be very quick in making decisions most especially when things are going wrong. But it's not a good way to trade for a beginner in the forex market

6. The following 3 users say Thank You to sonibark for this useful post.

forexianz (05-19-2018), Unregistered (2)

My pips hand is weak
      I am:
      ----

forexhouse has a spectacular aura about forexhouse has a spectacular aura about forexhouse has a spectacular aura about forexhouse's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      103.50 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Yes. However, it is not recommended. This is especially true for small trading accounts. The larger the account, the more likely you are succeed with larger lot sizes. To get the maximum profit, traders should not risk more than 1%. This means that if your trade is closed and loses, no more that 1% of the total account balance should be at risk. For example, if your account balance totals $100,000, you should never lose more than $1000 on any position or trade.

To calculate lot sizes, you can also use the Forex position size calculator.

I would suggest to trade large lot sizes if you are an expert or experienced trader. Amateur or newbie traders should start out with small accounts and small lot sizes.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to forexhouse For This Useful Post:

forexianz (05-19-2018)

MT5 Resident
      I am:
      ----

amiron56 is a glorious beacon of light amiron56 is a glorious beacon of light amiron56 is a glorious beacon of light amiron56 is a glorious beacon of light amiron56 is a glorious beacon of light amiron56 is a glorious beacon of light amiron56's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      1533.86 USD (What is this?)
      caught pokemons
      1 (What is this?)
      Thanks

Default Lot size defend on trader ages and investing money

I am surprised to read a few post that big lot is allowed to apply in forex. I have read many books and journal, but all elite people of forex have recommended to use 1 % money out total investor money whether you experienced or just comer.

What would be the ideal lot size in forex: Thread opener, meaning by big lot higher risk not following money management. It is not allowed because this theory always encourages the trader to take more risk and more risk taker never live long. Quickly he has to taste the death. I remember the sentence A drop of water make a big ocean.

First, we think, how we live long after that we have to measure our capacity and ability what type profit is possible to make. Suppose i have 100$ and i select .50$ lot 1:1 risk reward ratio. If my trade going to disfavor two times, then 100$ capitals will be lost. But if i select 0.01 then i will get chance to minimize my loss 100 times

Dear guys Forex business is the business of mathmatic. If our decision not calculative then we long way to gain business even dificult to save capital.
      Last edited by amiron56; 05-18-2018 at 07:13 PM. Reason: add word

10. The Following User Says Thank You to amiron56 For This Useful Post:

forexianz (05-19-2018)

It's time to retire!
      I am:
      Relaxed

forexianz has a reputation beyond repute forexianz has a reputation beyond repute forexianz has a reputation beyond repute forexianz has a reputation beyond repute forexianz has a reputation beyond repute forexianz has a reputation beyond repute forexianz has a reputation beyond repute forexianz has a reputation beyond repute forexianz has a reputation beyond repute forexianz has a reputation beyond repute forexianz has a reputation beyond repute forexianz's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      3811.48 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 5,739 Times in 2,141 Posts

Many of us think that if we use big lot size then we will easy get rich. No, it is not like that!. In this business, what more importantly is the way you trade. If you are using low risk trading, then you can still have a good chance to be rich. But if you use high risk trading, then be ready for great losses!. I know it is not easy to become a good trader in this business. So we need to have a proper trading plan and be discipline in following proper money management so that we are able to sustain in this business. It is the best if you risk only 10% from your equities. Never ever risk all of your equities in a single trade. That way is just getting problem if you make wrong position.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to forexianz For This Useful Post:

taifon (05-19-2018)

MT5 Addict
      I am:
      ----

taifon has much to be proud of taifon has much to be proud of taifon has much to be proud of taifon has much to be proud of taifon has much to be proud of taifon has much to be proud of taifon has much to be proud of taifon has much to be proud of taifon has much to be proud of taifon's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      273.46 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,593 Times in 545 Posts

I do not think that any trader is able to survive in Forex for a long time if he uses a great risk in trading and i has followed many traders who offer successful deals, but certainly there are some losing deals so if he uses a big Lot, he will lose in one deal what he got from several Deals
      Means that in the end he will destroy his account completely in a quick time
      I see that the commitment of the capital management is the only way to survive for a long time in the Forex market even if you are exposed to several losing deals you will have the ability to compensate this loss if you have a good plan

14. The following 0 users say Thank You to taifon for this useful post.

It's time to retire!
      I am:
      Happy

forexguy9 has a reputation beyond repute forexguy9 has a reputation beyond repute forexguy9 has a reputation beyond repute forexguy9 has a reputation beyond repute forexguy9 has a reputation beyond repute forexguy9 has a reputation beyond repute forexguy9 has a reputation beyond repute forexguy9 has a reputation beyond repute forexguy9 has a reputation beyond repute forexguy9 has a reputation beyond repute forexguy9 has a reputation beyond repute forexguy9's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      3842.09 USD (What is this?)
      caught pokemons
      2 (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 3,142 Times in 1,013 Posts

oh, yes, it is possible, but difficult.

the truth of the matter is that the forex trading business is one where even the best trade opportunity or set-up could fail magnificiently. hence, trading with big lot sizes would be very risky. the few who could do it would be professionals. and even at that, it is not guaranteed that they would be able to do that consistently.

and when consistency in profit earning is removed from a trading system, then that trading system is not worth it.

one would do better trading with good money management which advocates the use of maximum 2% of ones capital in trading.
      ''Too many times we settle into a set way of thinking and accept limitations that need not be placed on us'' -John C. Maxwell

Hedging Edge: Heading For $6 Million!

16. The following 0 users say Thank You to forexguy9 for this useful post.

My charts talk to me!
      I am:
      ----

dtvade is just really nice dtvade is just really nice dtvade is just really nice dtvade is just really nice dtvade's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      167.50 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

In forex trading , a good trader is expected to have a good understanding of technical analysis, fundamental analysis and the psychology of trading. In all these there is an aspect that is quite very sensitive which Risk Management is. This comprises of Capital and Emotions and they are both interwoven.
      It is advisable for a good trader not touse more than 5% of the available capital with a stop loss abou 50 pips. This will help the trader stay long in the market even with consecutive losses.
      On the other side, if a trader is very sure of his strategy and willing to use high lot sizes the he needs a lower time frame and a very tight stop loss of about 5 to 10 pips depending on the lot size so that at any point in time he may still not lose more than 2.5 % of his capital at a go. With this and sound psychology of trading it is possible to survive in forex.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to dtvade For This Useful Post:

Tarikul Islam (05-23-2018)

Reply to Thread
    Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3