• Sneaky
  • Stresses
  • Tired
  • Twisted
  • Worried
  • Yeehaw
  • Reply to Thread
    Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 6 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the best Forex Strategy?

Forum Guru
      I am:
      Fine

GhostMode has a reputation beyond repute GhostMode has a reputation beyond repute GhostMode has a reputation beyond repute GhostMode has a reputation beyond repute GhostMode has a reputation beyond repute GhostMode has a reputation beyond repute GhostMode has a reputation beyond repute GhostMode has a reputation beyond repute GhostMode has a reputation beyond repute GhostMode has a reputation beyond repute GhostMode has a reputation beyond repute GhostMode's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      4250 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 3,383 Times in 1,483 Posts

Default What is the best Forex Strategy?

There are so many strategies that exists in the Forex business and we cannot even begin to count them. Some involves Technical analysis and some involves News release figures as well. So what is the best Forex Strategy?

2. Thanks under the first post will be ignored for the purpose of distribution of prizes
      MT5 Veteran
      I am:
      Cool

Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      4575 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 8,043 Times in 2,731 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GhostMode View Post
      What is the best Forex Strategy?
      What is the best strategy, the one that i use ofc! Why would i use anything else but the best strategy? I trade and try to trade for performance in competitions.

The question should be, if you ask me, what is a good strategy that will perform in any market condition. For a strategy to do that it needs to have a few certain things:

A) Risk management. The strategy needs to be trading with low lot size and have a low draw down so that it can survive in times where the market is difficult.

B) Performance. The strategy should create profit. This might be self-explanatory but i put it here because some aspiring traders think that if a strategy can make profit with 20 trades then it is something that can be used. It's cannot. A decent strategy will produce profit over thousands of trades, only then we really know if it is something worthwhile.

C) Simple. A strategy should be simple. The basics needs to be there and it should have any unnecessary items or indicators or rules that really do not add to it. What is the most basic variant of your best strategy that you can build? That's what you should use. Simple is good.

After all these things are ok then we could go into specifically what each of them mean but answering that would probably require a few pages of text. I don't think that's what youíre after. If you want to see a good strategy that has all these things then you could look at my symbiosis strategy, some will say that it is complicated but it needs to be. If i made it simpler then it wouldn't be as good. There are also other strategies that you could look into like my m5 scalping thread.

http://forum.mt5.com/showthread.php?...ping-method-M5
      http://forum.mt5.com/showthread.php?...iosis-strategy

The Symbiosis mashed up Trading Journal
      <--

Winner of Best answers contest!

4. For the posts posted after 23.10.18, the likes will be displayed after 23.12.18
      FX Zombie
      I am:
      ----

Obie has a reputation beyond repute Obie has a reputation beyond repute Obie has a reputation beyond repute Obie has a reputation beyond repute Obie has a reputation beyond repute Obie has a reputation beyond repute Obie has a reputation beyond repute Obie has a reputation beyond repute Obie has a reputation beyond repute Obie has a reputation beyond repute Obie has a reputation beyond repute Obie's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      2007 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,095 Times in 859 Posts

What is the best Forex Strategy?

The best forex strategy depends on the capital size of a forex trader. At the retail level, traders usually have limited capital, hence they cannot go for advanced High Frequency Trading (HFT) trading systems/algorithms. However, with trading capital in excess of $250,000, a trader can actually opt for one of the HFT trading strategies ( the best of which is Statistical Arbitrage). However, at the retail level (with a capital size of less than $25,000) the best trading strategy available is Market Profile methodology (which I use).

I consider a strategy based on Market Profile methodology to be the best possible strategy for a retail trader because it affords the trader the best possible chance to use quant ideas.

6. For the posts posted after 23.10.18, the likes will be displayed after 23.12.18
      Banned
      I am:
      Amazed

Mez Da Whiz has much to be proud of Mez Da Whiz has much to be proud of Mez Da Whiz has much to be proud of Mez Da Whiz has much to be proud of Mez Da Whiz has much to be proud of Mez Da Whiz has much to be proud of Mez Da Whiz has much to be proud of Mez Da Whiz has much to be proud of Mez Da Whiz has much to be proud of Mez Da Whiz has much to be proud of Mez Da Whiz's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      556 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,372 Times in 390 Posts

Default Price action trading- the best strategy

Having read lots of articles on forex trading strategies, I've come to the conclusion that price action is the best strategy to use.

What is price action? It's simply the movement of prices in response to the effects of buyers and sellers in the market. There are ways to trade using price action, and these ways are independent of any candlestick pattern or formation.

I'll answer specific questions and respond to useful comments and criticisms.

8. For the posts posted after 23.10.18, the likes will be displayed after 23.12.18
      MT5 Maniac
      I am:
      ----

tahiri has much to be proud of tahiri has much to be proud of tahiri has much to be proud of tahiri has much to be proud of tahiri has much to be proud of tahiri has much to be proud of tahiri has much to be proud of tahiri has much to be proud of tahiri has much to be proud of tahiri has much to be proud of tahiri's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      1175 USD (What is this?)
      caught pokemons
      2 (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,534 Times in 764 Posts

I would like to participate in the contest of best answer to respond at this question, but it seems is too late for that, anyway, this is a good topic where we can spend many pages to reply to the question by all the contests participants and others members , price action will have many definitions following traders knowledge about this field, the pure price action is a set of strategies that analyze only the price in its process without indicators including candlesticks and charts patterns, it looks similar to the OHLC analysis but it's not, there are many strategies in price action that use supports and resistances levels most known by traders and we can also find some price action strategies that use indicators too. I'm waiting fo read from contests participants about price action, it will be very interesting to learn some new stuff here. I love this question.

10. For the posts posted after 23.10.18, the likes will be displayed after 23.12.18
      Forum Guru
      I am:
      Fine

GhostMode has a reputation beyond repute GhostMode has a reputation beyond repute GhostMode has a reputation beyond repute GhostMode has a reputation beyond repute GhostMode has a reputation beyond repute GhostMode has a reputation beyond repute GhostMode has a reputation beyond repute GhostMode has a reputation beyond repute GhostMode has a reputation beyond repute GhostMode has a reputation beyond repute GhostMode has a reputation beyond repute GhostMode's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      4250 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 3,383 Times in 1,483 Posts

Since i became a Forex exchange trader, i can say that i cannot count the number of Forex trade strategy that i have seen or tested both online and offline, This shows that many good strategy exists but a trader should only use the one that serves them best. Like for me, I choose only simple strategy that uses a maximum of 2 Forex Indicators whenever i a making analysis to trade. I use the fractal and the Average true Range Indicators to create my strategy. The best strategy is the strategy that we build on our own.

It's time to retire!
      I am:
      Relaxed

kashifrehman has a reputation beyond repute kashifrehman has a reputation beyond repute kashifrehman has a reputation beyond repute kashifrehman has a reputation beyond repute kashifrehman has a reputation beyond repute kashifrehman has a reputation beyond repute kashifrehman has a reputation beyond repute kashifrehman has a reputation beyond repute kashifrehman has a reputation beyond repute kashifrehman has a reputation beyond repute kashifrehman has a reputation beyond repute kashifrehman's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      5521 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 7,523 Times in 2,298 Posts

IT is a techniques to read the market and decision are based on the actual price movement on the chart. This is best trading strategy to trade with basically it deals with patterns if trader get hands on the patterns then he can easily figure out the chart where the patterns appear and can make his decisions on the basis of that. If a trader learn it well and focus on multi chart analysis then he can become more accurate in his decisions. It work in both market conditions either volatility is playing its part or market is calm a trader who use this trading strategy can easily get his share from this market.

I Trade Structures, not Noise.

13. For the posts posted after 23.10.18, the likes will be displayed after 23.12.18
      Banned
      I am:
      ----

taifon has a reputation beyond repute taifon has a reputation beyond repute taifon has a reputation beyond repute taifon has a reputation beyond repute taifon has a reputation beyond repute taifon has a reputation beyond repute taifon has a reputation beyond repute taifon has a reputation beyond repute taifon has a reputation beyond repute taifon has a reputation beyond repute taifon has a reputation beyond repute taifon's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      1711 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,560 Times in 1,060 Posts

Default When should I change my trading strategy?

When should I change my trading strategy?
      The fact is that there is a difference between changing the trading strategy and developing it, where the development is to keep the same strategy, but with some adjustments to the tools and settings, and this step must occur from time to time, but changing the strategy means that you have a strategy you are completely unable to deal with Or understanding it would be better to change them completely and look for new tools for analysis

15. For the posts posted after 23.10.18, the likes will be displayed after 23.12.18
      MT5 Veteran
      I am:
      Cool

Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      4575 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 8,043 Times in 2,731 Posts

When should I change my trading strategy?
      You shouldn't really change your strategy.

It's a good idea to forward test your strategy to see if it is profitable. This test requires many trades and it takes a long time, 10 trades is not enough. I usually test them 6 months on live where they create 2-3 trades per day. If you see that your strategy is no good after this amount of time then that is when you can look back and start thinking about what is wrong with your strategy. If the strategy is looking bad after 1 week or after 5 months really does not matter, you still have to commit to the test of the system. The rule is there for a reason, no matter how it looks the test has to finish.

The Symbiosis mashed up Trading Journal
      <--

Winner of Best answers contest!

17. For the posts posted after 23.10.18, the likes will be displayed after 23.12.18
      Banned
      I am:
      ----

minokimo is just really nice minokimo is just really nice minokimo is just really nice minokimo is just really nice minokimo's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      315 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

I think changing the trading strategy is an important decision that should not be a frequent and fast decision because I see some traders when they lose a deal or two deals that change strategy but this is not a valid decision.
      You need to change the trading strategy when it takes a long time without the ability to understand or make profits through it
      also if your trading conditions or trading times change, your strategy should also change
      There is also a development of your strategy that should happen from time to time

19. For the posts posted after 23.10.18, the likes will be displayed after 23.12.18
    Reply to Thread
    Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 6 ... LastLast