• Sneaky
  • Stresses
  • Tired
  • Twisted
  • Worried
  • Yeehaw
  • Reply to Thread
    Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Do you use stop loss as stop out?

Banned
      I am:
      ----

adex19 has a brilliant future adex19 has a brilliant future adex19 has a brilliant future adex19 has a brilliant future adex19 has a brilliant future adex19 has a brilliant future adex19 has a brilliant future adex19 has a brilliant future adex19 has a brilliant future adex19 has a brilliant future adex19 has a brilliant future adex19's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      243 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 7,495 Times in 1,082 Posts

To further understand this question, we first need to know the difference between the stop loss and stop out
      A stop loss are tools, while a stop out is the term use for situation where a stop loss was unexpectedly executed during times of high volatility in the forex trading market.

So per the question, do we use stop loss as. Stop out?

Well many trader musky the fundamental traders use the stop loss as stop out when there are us high impact news event coming up just to reduce the loss of the price go against our position.

But putting atop loss at a good stop loss level means we have done proper analysis and we are ready to loss whenever price reach that level, most this is always influenced with a good money management.

So as a trader we can't always afford to grow stop put always.

2. For the posts posted after 23.10.18, the likes will be displayed after 23.12.18
      My pips hand is weak
      I am:
      Happy

zahidahsanshah is on a distinguished road zahidahsanshah's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      19 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

i trade 3 to 4 pair with proper risk management and so i use stop lose with my each trade trading result depends on losing and wining trades good trader have a higher wining ratio than losing trades. stop lose save my capital and with good analysis my wining ratio is higher then the losing trade so i always use stop lose with my each trade to protect my capital.

My charts talk to me!
      I am:
      Cool

AHT is just really nice AHT is just really nice AHT is just really nice AHT is just really nice AHT's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      495 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Stop loss is a good option in forex market. If we set a position from where we want to get out market by taking loss then it is called stop loss. After open our position if the market goes against our trade then we want to draw some value level from where the price have less possibility to come back our desire level. In this time we should close our trade with loss. Because if we do not close our trade then we can make more loss from this trade. In this time if we are not in pc then we can make big loss. To avoid big loss we use stop loss. This helps a trader to reduce big loss. I always use this option to ensure my position. So all should use it and best position we should put up stop loss.

It's time to retire!
      I am:
      Fine

Kalex has a reputation beyond repute Kalex has a reputation beyond repute Kalex has a reputation beyond repute Kalex has a reputation beyond repute Kalex has a reputation beyond repute Kalex has a reputation beyond repute Kalex has a reputation beyond repute Kalex has a reputation beyond repute Kalex has a reputation beyond repute Kalex has a reputation beyond repute Kalex has a reputation beyond repute Kalex's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      7133 USD (What is this?)
      caught pokemons
      4 (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 8,546 Times in 2,748 Posts

Each and every traders have to use the Stoploss in their trade orders because of many reasons like

1. For the protection of the trading equity .

2. To face the losses which they can afford to lose

3. To face any kind of odd market hurdles .

But yes sometimes we face the Stoploss as Stopout and that been seen when its

1. Made by the broker in max cases

2. Depends upon the leverage ratio and that happens when traders are not giving the stoploss and facing the margin calls .

Different brokers are having the different Stopout levels

6. For the posts posted after 23.10.18, the likes will be displayed after 23.12.18
      Forum Master
      I am:
      Happy

balut has a reputation beyond repute balut has a reputation beyond repute balut has a reputation beyond repute balut has a reputation beyond repute balut has a reputation beyond repute balut has a reputation beyond repute balut has a reputation beyond repute balut has a reputation beyond repute balut has a reputation beyond repute balut has a reputation beyond repute balut has a reputation beyond repute balut's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      5460 USD (What is this?)
      caught pokemons
      1 (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 9,233 Times in 2,479 Posts

I don't normally use stop loss on my conservative account because I'm too confident that even a severe market volatility won't easily get a margin call due to smaller lot sizes. But I do manually close/exit them prematurely if my trade analysis is already invalid. As far as I can understand your question, I'm thinking of other scenario like using my small account balance for an all in trade like for example $100. Sometimes I get tired of putting manual stop loss especially if my funds is higher than $500 because during volatile period the slippage and requotes can hinder putting proper stop loss level. So risking the entire $100 without stop loss is a better option since only this amount is affected.

8. For the posts posted after 23.10.18, the likes will be displayed after 23.12.18
      It's time to retire!
      I am:
      Inspired

fanatic is a splendid one to behold fanatic is a splendid one to behold fanatic is a splendid one to behold fanatic is a splendid one to behold fanatic is a splendid one to behold fanatic is a splendid one to behold fanatic is a splendid one to behold fanatic is a splendid one to behold fanatic's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      4151 USD (What is this?)
      caught pokemons
      5 (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,112 Times in 596 Posts

Stop loss is necessary if you desire that your forex trading account survives in the long run. Trading without a stop loss is similar to playing gamble with your whole account. One unlucky move and you are out of the game. You can only trade when there is fund in your forex account.

Stop loss serves the purpose of safeguarding your account from loss in the event that the price goes in the opposite direction to your trade. You simply lose a predetermined amount of money which will not adversely affect your trading account. This leaves you with enough fund to recover your loss during subsequent trades.
      POSSIBILITIES ARE INFINITE IN THE FOREX MARKET, YOU CAN ACCOMPLISH ANYTHING !

My pips hand is weak
      I am:
      ----

Azrikamalludin will become famous soon enough Azrikamalludin's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      53 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

trading without SL is very risky and will probably create your MC account.

FX Super Hero
      I am:
      ----

hayzee19 has much to be proud of hayzee19 has much to be proud of hayzee19 has much to be proud of hayzee19 has much to be proud of hayzee19 has much to be proud of hayzee19 has much to be proud of hayzee19 has much to be proud of hayzee19 has much to be proud of hayzee19 has much to be proud of hayzee19 has much to be proud of hayzee19's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      419 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 4,140 Times in 1,354 Posts

Default Re: Do you use stop loss as stop out?

Most of the traders in the Forex market do make use of the stop loss as a stop out, and perhaps this is the only way many of knows that the stop loss is used for, its important to always make use of the stop loss in the forex market, when e analyse our trade and we determine the level of stoploss, we need to always try as much as possible to stick to such plan in the market,
      personally i only move my stop loss in the market, only when my trade is in profit, then i shift the stop loss to the open price that also covers the spread so that when the price comes back their and eventually moved past that area i wont have to encounter any loss...

12. For the posts posted after 23.10.18, the likes will be displayed after 23.12.18
      FX Zombie
      I am:
      ----

MZK has a spectacular aura about MZK has a spectacular aura about MZK's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      478 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dzin4aans View Post
      The question is fairly simple. You can either use stop loss as a tool or have enough money for that one trade and use that amount of money as your stop loss and stop out level.

Why would use use it as a stop loss or why would not? Looking forward to your answers.
      I use stop loss and take profit in my trading and I don't use stop out because I have no previous experience with stop out but I think stop loss is good because I am understand it.

FX Vampire
      I am:
      ----

dtvade is a splendid one to behold dtvade is a splendid one to behold dtvade is a splendid one to behold dtvade is a splendid one to behold dtvade is a splendid one to behold dtvade is a splendid one to behold dtvade is a splendid one to behold dtvade is a splendid one to behold dtvade's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      1269 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,129 Times in 656 Posts

When one uses sop loss, the loss is already defined and I know the worst that can happen to my capital at least the account would not be wiped out. If I have to wait for the stop out The account may be completely wiped out. This does not show any sense of professionalism. If one is sure of the reliability of his or her technical analysis; the stop loss and the take profit would have been defined from the outset and in this case it is wise or very ideal to make use of it. Personally I use stop loss because I strictly follow the outcome or the recommendations of and from my technical analysis. Thus I will like to encourage fellow traders to do the same.

Reply to Thread
    Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast