• Sneaky
  • Stresses
  • Tired
  • Twisted
  • Worried
  • Yeehaw
  • Reply to Thread
    Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Which is better for trading, higher or lower time frame? (part 4)

MT5 Addict
      I am:
      ----

わξΨǐ ツ is a jewel in the rough わξΨǐ ツ is a jewel in the rough わξΨǐ ツ is a jewel in the rough わξΨǐ ツ's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      139.45 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Default Which is better for trading, higher or lower time frame? (part 4)

Original thread: Which is better for trading, higher or lower time frame?
      Which is better for trading, higher or lower time frame? (part 2)
      Which is better for trading, higher or lower time frame? (part 3)
      Which is better for trading, higher or lower time frame? (part 4)

Quote Originally Posted by jokertuwo View Post
      Forex trading is based on market price movements, up or down. Sometimes it is difficult to determine whether the market is bullish or bearish, because although the market appears to rise (short term TF), apparently the market is bearish (long term TF). Meanwhile, if using TF long, long look at all our orders are not touched. So, according to you which one is better, TF long term or TF short term?
      Higher time frames, we can use long term trading techniques. For lower time frames we can use short term trading techniques. Make it simple, for example scalping you can use lower time frames.
      Last edited by MT5 bozZdeviL; 04-06-2018 at 08:36 AM.

2. FB
      FX Zombie
      I am:
      ----

tradwin is a jewel in the rough tradwin is a jewel in the rough tradwin is a jewel in the rough tradwin's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      546.60 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

It depend of the type of strategy you are dealing with and you only who can make the decision in terms of the best time fram suitable for your trading, because all times are valid and good for trading and remains only how to trade with and adapt to your data, especially, in terms of type of trading if the long-term or short-term and value of the capital you are trading.

FX Zombie
      I am:
      ----

SIMPLEMAN is on a distinguished road SIMPLEMAN's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      461.55 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

None among the two is better because the two are of equal importance. the higher time frames has its usefulness, just as the lower time frames has its own importance as well. The two work hand in hand to compliment each other because they are used for so many things in the market especially when you want to get the primary direction of the market , the higher time frames is good for this, but for a proper entry in the market , the lower time frames are the best for this.I love to make use of the two in market analysis and trade.

My pips hand is weak
      I am:
      ----

chongjasmine is on a distinguished road chongjasmine's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      3.60 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Different time frame has different significance, and require different trading strategies. However, I prefer to trade in the lower time frame than the higher time frame. That is because of personal preference, and also because in lower time frame, you can trade very fast.
      For God so loves the world that He gives His one and only Son Jesus that whoever believes in Him (Jesus) shall not perish but have eternal life!

FX Zombie
      I am:
      Relaxed

DaveBenroe has a spectacular aura about DaveBenroe has a spectacular aura about DaveBenroe's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      533.02 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Both higher timeframes and lower timeframes are equally good for trading but it depends on individual trader's ability to make good use of the chosen timeframe in making good profits.

I always prefer using higher timeframes like 4H and Daily since this is the way I was trained in trading profitably. By using higher timeframes, you make more pips and you won't have to be stressing yourself.

I remember those times that I tried to use lower timeframes to scalp, I always lose woefully in the end. So, I don't bother to use lower timeframes.
      BE WEALTHY IF U WANNA BE !
      BE WRETCHED IF U CHOOSE TO BE !!

THE CHOICE IS YOURS !!!

Forum VIP
      I am:
      Fine

elssayed will become famous soon enough elssayed will become famous soon enough elssayed's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      2096.19 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

From my experience in this market i see that the small frames are not good in trading and we can't depend on it in any analysis but bigger frames from 4 h frames to monthly frames are very good in the analysis and we can't depend on its more than smallest frames and specially 4 h frame because i see that it is the best frame in the analysis and we can depend on it too much in making our technical analysis on it as define trend direction or resistance and support lines .

FX Zombie
      I am:
      ----

tahiri has much to be proud of tahiri has much to be proud of tahiri has much to be proud of tahiri has much to be proud of tahiri has much to be proud of tahiri has much to be proud of tahiri has much to be proud of tahiri has much to be proud of tahiri has much to be proud of tahiri's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      869.15 USD (What is this?)
      caught pokemons
      2 (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,175 Times in 557 Posts

all times frames are best for trading, it depends on how you trade this market, some traders use multi tme frames strategies which is analyzing in high time frames and trading in lower ones and scalpers prefer lower time frame to quick profit.

FX Super Hero
      I am:
      ----

bocahedan is a splendid one to behold bocahedan is a splendid one to behold bocahedan is a splendid one to behold bocahedan is a splendid one to behold bocahedan is a splendid one to behold bocahedan is a splendid one to behold bocahedan is a splendid one to behold bocahedan's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      463.17 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

All timeframes are good for trading. Its all depend on trader's trading style and trading system. Some trader enjoys to trade short term and it means they can use 1m-1h timeframes and the other trader enjoys trading using long term system and they will prefer 4h and above timeframes.

Will work for pips
      I am:
      ----

M Reed is an unknown quantity at this point M Reed's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      0.00 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

If you do scalping then you should use lower time frame but if you do long term trading then you should use higher time frames. Because lower time frames can't give you more and hard prove that market is going on your direction for long time. But if you want you can see the market trend on higher time frames and then follow the trend on lower time frames to scalp quick profits.

11. <a href="https://www.instaforex.com/company_news">‘ÓūŚÍŮ ÔÓūÚŗŽ</a>
      Forum Master
      I am:
      ----

sonibark has a reputation beyond repute sonibark has a reputation beyond repute sonibark has a reputation beyond repute sonibark has a reputation beyond repute sonibark has a reputation beyond repute sonibark has a reputation beyond repute sonibark has a reputation beyond repute sonibark has a reputation beyond repute sonibark has a reputation beyond repute sonibark has a reputation beyond repute sonibark has a reputation beyond repute sonibark's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      1714.44 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 3,877 Times in 1,563 Posts

I think it depends on the one we know use best, in the forex trading market we can decide to use higher time frame smaller time frame, but it's a thing of debate in in trying to choose which is the best to use. But in my own perspective and I could be wrong, I will go with higher time frame because we will definitely more pips with less trading because we will also loose less

13. The following 2 users say Thank You to sonibark for this useful post.

Unregistered (2)

Reply to Thread
    Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast