• Sneaky
  • Stresses
  • Tired
  • Twisted
  • Worried
  • Yeehaw
  • Reply to Thread
    Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Stop Loss v/s Trailing Stop Loss: Which one is best?

MT5 Addict
      I am:
      Cool

AHT is a jewel in the rough AHT is a jewel in the rough AHT is a jewel in the rough AHT is a jewel in the rough AHT's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      0.00 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Stop loss and trailing stop both are important part of forex trading business.Stop loss means where the trade close with loss. When lock a price with stop loss then the trade automatically close with loss. Stop loss Is a good option for trader because when the trend change his direction then our trade save from this stop loss. We can make some loss from this stop loss but this stop loss plays a vital role to save our capital. On the other hand when our trade running in profit if we want to continue this trade with trend then we can use trail stop. Trailing stop means on the direction of the market the stop loss moves with the price. When we can trade on trend then we do not want to miss this opportunity for trading. And this time we can use trailing stop. This option automatically moves his stop loss in profit. When the market change then it hit trailing stop we can gain huge pips of profit.

2. For the posts posted after 23.10.18, the likes will be displayed after 23.12.18
      Forex in the blood
      I am:
      ----

oluwafemi will become famous soon enough oluwafemi will become famous soon enough oluwafemi's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      0.00 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Stop loss is mutual process for restriction, the amount of losses from a reduction stock to position a stop-loss order. For example, if the price drop lower the stop level, the position will be inaccessible at the current market price, which stop any further losses.
      A trailing stop are frequent stop loss look alike as they impartial necessities protection of capital should a stock's price start to move against you, however, that is where their resemblance end. Trailing stop is admit one to state the amount one are willing to lose without restrict the amount of profit one will take.
      I think, Stop-loss is the best here as it can restrict the amount of loss and stop any further losses.

Will work for pips
      I am:
      Bored

mido1996 is on a distinguished road mido1996's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      0.00 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

At the beginning, I would like to extend my sincere thanks to you. I wish you success and I wish you success. I always agree with you on every word, but every letter, every letter carries a lot of meanings and thoughts. I hope that others will benefit from it.
      My Life Is Forex

FX Super Hero
      I am:
      ----

dtvade is a splendid one to behold dtvade is a splendid one to behold dtvade is a splendid one to behold dtvade is a splendid one to behold dtvade is a splendid one to behold dtvade is a splendid one to behold dtvade is a splendid one to behold dtvade's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      167.50 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Both are quite necessary. They are both a part of risk and money management.
      Under normal condition, immediately a trade is placed the stop loss (in particular) and the take profit should be in place. In this case one knows what the outcome of the trade will be in advance. To put into consideration which one is better among the two is a different thing
      Personally, in the beginning (that is when I place the trade) I will use stop loss and immediately I am on profit, I will start using trailing stop. After succeeding in putting in trailing stop then I remove the take profit. From his angle I will like to conclude that trailing stop is better

It's time to retire!
      I am:
      Fine

Kalex has a reputation beyond repute Kalex has a reputation beyond repute Kalex has a reputation beyond repute Kalex has a reputation beyond repute Kalex has a reputation beyond repute Kalex has a reputation beyond repute Kalex has a reputation beyond repute Kalex has a reputation beyond repute Kalex has a reputation beyond repute Kalex has a reputation beyond repute Kalex has a reputation beyond repute Kalex's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      5,160.00 USD (What is this?)
      caught pokemons
      4 (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 8,348 Times in 2,683 Posts

Stoploss and Trailing Stoploss actually both are used to protect our trading account from unwanted losses but yes there are some differences between both of them and they are as follows :-

1. Stoploss is actually a manual process while Trailing stop loss is actually automatic one .

2. Here the Trailing stoploss traders are not facing the emotion factor but in Stoploss ,it will test your emotion .

3. in Stoploss you can change that as per the market situations but the trailing stoploss can be hit automatically at any time as we don't know when the market trend is changing as we are not infront of the chart.

So by looking at the above points for me ordinary Stop loss is the best option to trade with .

7. For the posts posted after 23.10.18, the likes will be displayed after 23.12.18
      MT5 Rookie
      I am:
      ----

mostafa20 is on a distinguished road mostafa20's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      0.00 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

I use it but not constantly because when you execute a deal there is a goal
      When you reach half the goal, I change the stop loss order to be at the point of entry
      There is a risk from the basics but after adjusting the stop loss order I can look at the market
      Again I find that there is a change in anything so it is possible to use the stop loss order moving order
      I do not lose any of the profit you have achieved, but it is only at certain times, such as the appearance of a sudden news or
      The possibility of the emergence of economic data against the current movement of the currency pair so as not to lose the magnificence of the profit used
      A stop loss move is in place, although many traders recommend using a stop loss move
      But I think you can trade and make profit without it, but if the trader does not follow the market constantly will be
      It is appropriate to use it in order to save a lot of profits

My charts talk to me!
      I am:
      ----

hayzee19 is a name known to all hayzee19 is a name known to all hayzee19 is a name known to all hayzee19 is a name known to all hayzee19 is a name known to all hayzee19 is a name known to all hayzee19's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      0.00 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,320 Times in 960 Posts

Default Re: Stop Loss v/s Trailing Stop Loss: Which one is best?

in my own perspective, i cant actually said this is better and the other is not, because they both have different objective, to me the stop loss is the first thing a trader have to worry about when they are opening their trade or position, the way i trade, i make use of the trailing stop loss last, a stop loss is their to protect our capital, from possible large loss, so when we open a trade, there is possibility that such trade can immediately i against us, so the first thing to do s set our stop loss, but the trailing stop loss comes in after our trade is in a good profit in the market,in this case we will then add the trailing start to keep protecting some part of the profit we have made
      so the stop loss protect our capital from loosing big, while the trailing stop protect us from loosing all our profit.

10. For the posts posted after 23.10.18, the likes will be displayed after 23.12.18
      FX Vampire
      I am:
      ----

Benzone has a brilliant future Benzone has a brilliant future Benzone has a brilliant future Benzone has a brilliant future Benzone has a brilliant future Benzone has a brilliant future Benzone has a brilliant future Benzone has a brilliant future Benzone has a brilliant future Benzone has a brilliant future Benzone has a brilliant future Benzone's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      326.06 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,226 Times in 995 Posts

Stop Loss v/s Trailing Stop Loss: Which one is best? Stop loss is a kind of manual restriction placed on trade entry to reduce the amount of losses likely to affect our trading account if the market should move against our trading position.Trailing stop on the other hand is restriction engaged automatically to minimize losses from our profit when activated .The basic function of the two looks similar but differ in modes of operation .Personally ,I make use of the two ,one after the other ,stop loss comes first ,trailing stop may follow if the market should move in my favor.I need to point out here that Trailing stop is triggered only if the market should move in my favor ,this is why my profit is protected as well as trading capital .Stop loss minimize losses of my trading capital all things being equal ,[ if there is no market slippage , gap ].It is pertinent to protect our trading capital while trying to profit from Forex market ,this is where the use of S/L comes in ,considering the volatility nature of Forex market coupled with the fact that good percentage of our strategies are not full proof ,traders should not joke with the use of stop loss ,this is why stop loss is better and best for potential traders.

My pips hand is weak
      I am:
      Cool

darshanaprasad is on a distinguished road darshanaprasad's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      0.00 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

I think it depends on the situation.
      Some traders prefer stop loss and some traders use trailing stop loss.
      I use them both and mostly use trailing stop loss. Sometimes I enter the trade with stop loss and if price moves toward profit, at a near point to take profit, I cancel the stop loss and trail the stop loss. This method is the most suitable for me.

13. lamborghini
      FX Super Hero
      I am:
      Lonely

Abdul Wahid is a name known to all Abdul Wahid is a name known to all Abdul Wahid is a name known to all Abdul Wahid is a name known to all Abdul Wahid is a name known to all Abdul Wahid is a name known to all Abdul Wahid's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      231.59 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Default Stop Loss & Trailing Stop are Companions of a Trader

Limiting your losses in an important part of risk management. When we execute a trade, we fixed a limit order x percentage of our capital. When price reach to limit order level. Limit order trigger turn in the market order. Preventing us from further losses. There are two type of limit orders used in risk management, regular and automated. Regular is called stop loss and automated is called trailing stop.

We change our regular stop loss manually. While tailing stop is a method to move stop loss automatically. Minimum value you can set in instaforex terminal in 30 pips.

Stop Loss (pro and cons):
      1-It is better for non volatile market
      2-Give freedom to address the loss technically
      3-Market can disturb your profit
      4-Calculation time and technical skill needed.

Trailing Stop Loss (pro and cons);
      1-Save your time in recalculating and changing your stop loss manually
      2-There is no emotion involved in it.
      3-Close your trade while the trend prevail accidentally
      4-It is better for volatile market.

How can we set the trailing stop in MT4 terminal

Trailing stop loss only works when your computer power on or you used the VPN services. Otherwise it turn to regular stop loss if you switch off your computer. We can set trailing stop loss by following these steps.
      1-Right click on the active trade, a drop up menu appear.
      Name:  trailing 1.PNG
Views: 11
Size:  10.0 KB

2-Highlight the trailing stop, further sub menu appear.
      Name:  Trailing 2.PNG
Views: 10
Size:  11.3 KB
      3-There are predefined loss from 30 to 65 and a custom choice. If you think that your desire stop loss in not in the list. Click on custom option.As a result trailing stop command window appear.
      Name:  trailing 3.PNG
Views: 10
Size:  11.7 KB
      You can set your stop loss manually.As I entered 200.It is clearly stated that we can set trailing stop less than 30 pips.

Reply to Thread
    Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3