• Sneaky
  • Stresses
  • Tired
  • Twisted
  • Worried
  • Yeehaw
  • Reply to Thread
    Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Can you depend on one indicator only?

Forex in the blood
      I am:
      ----

MD ARSED ALI is on a distinguished road MD ARSED ALI's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      66.60 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Indicator are use only for calculation the market and there are a lot of indicators and all indicator are not suitable in all kind of market position. First of all we have to learn that which indicator are suitable in current market position and we should trade with that indicator. But we should not use indicator fully for trading we should use indicator as our assistant in trading.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MD ARSED ALI For This Useful Post:

Bobby brown (05-17-2018)

My charts talk to me!
      I am:
      ----

cambiste is a splendid one to behold cambiste is a splendid one to behold cambiste is a splendid one to behold cambiste is a splendid one to behold cambiste is a splendid one to behold cambiste is a splendid one to behold cambiste is a splendid one to behold cambiste's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      323.48 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

I don't use many indicators , I prefer naked trading but sometimes we need indicator to confirm the signal so I use no more than 2 indicators. For me one good indicator that gives us good signals according to the strategy is enough , and maybe it's better than many indicators.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to cambiste For This Useful Post:

Bobby brown (05-17-2018)

Forex in the blood
      I am:
      Cool

howtooceanfx is on a distinguished road howtooceanfx's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      36.90 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

In my forex career I did not depend on indicators only and trading with one indicator is also very risky. Sometimes I used leading indicators with candlestick patterns on very prominent support and resistance levels. If you want to use one indicator I suggest you use Relative strength index for 14-period combination with candlestick patterns or simple 200 moving average and buy if market above the 200 moving average and sell if below the moving average line. Hope it will help you accordingly.

6. The following 3 users say Thank You to howtooceanfx for this useful post.

Bobby brown (05-17-2018), Unregistered (2)

FX Zombie
      I am:
      Fine

Arief Makmur is a glorious beacon of light Arief Makmur is a glorious beacon of light Arief Makmur is a glorious beacon of light Arief Makmur is a glorious beacon of light Arief Makmur is a glorious beacon of light Arief Makmur's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      625.83 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by elssayed View Post
      i can't depend on one indicator only because i see that indicators only follow the market but the market doesn't follow it .

so i always depend on indicator beside other indicator as the depend on moving average beside stochastic because we must have signal from moving average beside signal from stochastic but i don't trust in a signal from one indicator only but i always need at least signals from two indicators to make sure that it is right .
      I thing you have a wrong edge and concept with the indicators, you must now the basic price action movement first and second the concept of the "X" & "Y" axis in charts, then you can add an indicators for confirmation the rice action itself.
      Simple Is The Best

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Arief Makmur For This Useful Post:

Bobby brown (05-17-2018)

MT5 Resident
      I am:
      ----

amiron56 is a splendid one to behold amiron56 is a splendid one to behold amiron56 is a splendid one to behold amiron56 is a splendid one to behold amiron56 is a splendid one to behold amiron56 is a splendid one to behold amiron56's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      1533.86 USD (What is this?)
      caught pokemons
      1 (What is this?)
      Thanks

Default A Good understand with one indicator is enough

Dear guys only indicator doesn't help you to make or save from loss with that a lot of interconnected issues that are needed to execute in term their condition. First, ask yourself how well knowledge and experience one indicator that may be moving average.

With moving average, near previous support and resistance, recent fundamental factories, candle strength and trading session, all are most important to analysis to measure the market condition. They're nothing any magic tools that directly tell you, now time to buy or sell. We often say forex is a self learning system so ask yourself what gap you have in learning site and fulfill that. I remind you when you take, the more learning plan you could not any things. Fort his reason never make your learning complicated that cause delay your learning, delay your earning.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to amiron56 For This Useful Post:

Bobby brown (05-17-2018)

FX Vampire
      I am:
      ----

bocahedan is a splendid one to behold bocahedan is a splendid one to behold bocahedan is a splendid one to behold bocahedan is a splendid one to behold bocahedan is a splendid one to behold bocahedan is a splendid one to behold bocahedan is a splendid one to behold bocahedan's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      581.70 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,065 Times in 302 Posts

If its a complete indicator like ichimoku kinko hyo then yeah you can depend on just one indicator but if you are using a simple indicator like moving average,i think you need to have another indicator like an oscilator indicator to filter out a fake signal or better just end up naked trading.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to bocahedan For This Useful Post:

Bobby brown (05-17-2018)

My charts talk to me!
      I am:
      ----

gourav2040 is on a distinguished road gourav2040's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      77.51 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

If an indicator is reliable then you can depend on a single indicator but in market there are lots of fake indicator which are totally useless so if you want to trading based on indicator then first apply it on demo account if it is working good then use in real account. Some website provide paid or free both indicator so be careful for choosing indicator some time indicator waste our time also.

14. The following 3 users say Thank You to gourav2040 for this useful post.

Bobby brown (05-17-2018), Unregistered (2)

My pips hand is weak
      I am:
      ----

Bobby brown is a glorious beacon of light Bobby brown is a glorious beacon of light Bobby brown is a glorious beacon of light Bobby brown is a glorious beacon of light Bobby brown is a glorious beacon of light Bobby brown is a glorious beacon of light Bobby brown's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      131.94 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

i cannot depend on only one indicator for trading the market because every indicator has its works and purposes in every market condition. just like bollinger bands which is very good for trading breakout in the market and is also good to know the strength or how long a trend will last and the moving average which is good for trading the trend.so we need more than one indicator to trade with in the market.

MT5 Rookie
      I am:
      ----

Dj2018 is an unknown quantity at this point Dj2018's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      3.57 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Actually this depends upon your learning, experience and your knowledge about Forex, if you have a very good practice you can use as much as indicators you want, the complication becomes when every indicator indicates different scenario, so avoiding that kind of situation you can use one indicator only.

17. Dragon
      My charts talk to me!
      I am:
      ----

time void will become famous soon enough time void's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      126.87 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

I usually only use moving average so I think yes, you can depend on just one indicator. For me the main purpose of moving average is to show the general direction of the trend and to look for possible crossovers. I use price action so this is enough.

Reply to Thread
    Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast