• Sneaky
  • Stresses
  • Tired
  • Twisted
  • Worried
  • Yeehaw
  • Reply to Thread
    Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it true that 95% of traders are losers?

Hybrid View

I just can't quit pips!
      I am:
      Tired

Soldier has a brilliant future Soldier has a brilliant future Soldier has a brilliant future Soldier has a brilliant future Soldier has a brilliant future Soldier has a brilliant future Soldier has a brilliant future Soldier has a brilliant future Soldier has a brilliant future Soldier has a brilliant future Soldier has a brilliant future Soldier's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,664 Times in 510 Posts

Default Is it true that 95% of traders are losers?

Is it true that 95% of Forex traders lose money constantly and only 5% are winners because this percentage is huge and doesn't seems plausible, Is it?
      My Trading Journal: The Loser Cruiser [Active Now]

“If not us, then who? If not now, then when?”

2. The following 14 users say Thank You to Soldier for this useful post.

Alexander Tatsumaki (04-27-2018), azmassi (04-27-2018), bigearners (04-27-2018), fembizz (04-27-2018), GhostMode (04-27-2018), Honey Bee (04-27-2018), MT5 bozZdeviL (04-27-2018), taifon (04-27-2018), Unregistered (6)

I am:
      Drunk

azmassi has a reputation beyond repute azmassi has a reputation beyond repute azmassi has a reputation beyond repute azmassi has a reputation beyond repute azmassi has a reputation beyond repute azmassi has a reputation beyond repute azmassi has a reputation beyond repute azmassi has a reputation beyond repute azmassi has a reputation beyond repute azmassi has a reputation beyond repute azmassi has a reputation beyond repute azmassi's Avatar
      Thanks
      Thanked 20,454 Times in 4,410 Posts

We can't have the exact percentage of traders who lose their money but according to most of brokers the percentage of losers is about 70% and according to some regulatory authorities the percentage is 80-90% , however it differs from broker to another and from country to another.
      But if you check the statestics, you'll find the number of loser in countries with strict conditions of trading is low compared to the countries that have no restriction, here we can conclude that the main reason of this huge number of losers is taking high risk to make quick and easy money.

To reduce this number, I think autorities have to impose some restrictions in trading like what ESMA decided to do lately by reducing leverage to 1:30 for european traders!

4. The following 10 users say Thank You to azmassi for this useful post.

Alexander Tatsumaki (04-27-2018), bigearners (04-27-2018), elssayed (05-08-2018), GhostMode (04-27-2018), Honey Bee (04-27-2018), Hotovaga (04-30-2018), MT5 bozZdeviL (04-27-2018), Soldier (04-27-2018), Unregistered (2)

Forum Master
      I am:
      Fine

GhostMode has a reputation beyond repute GhostMode has a reputation beyond repute GhostMode has a reputation beyond repute GhostMode has a reputation beyond repute GhostMode has a reputation beyond repute GhostMode has a reputation beyond repute GhostMode has a reputation beyond repute GhostMode has a reputation beyond repute GhostMode has a reputation beyond repute GhostMode has a reputation beyond repute GhostMode has a reputation beyond repute GhostMode's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,163 Times in 840 Posts

This information has been online for several decades in a row, I keep seeing it everyday. I once believed it in the past and it discouraged me so must. But now i think that it is actually a very false notions, There are many Forex losers, But they aren't up to 95%. Many Forex Newbies fail as well, But the entire truth is that from real articles that i read as a Forex trader, I have seen Forex brokers release statements that around 35% of the Forex Brokers trading with them are successful while the remainders on average are losers.

The most important thing is not to check losers, A Forex trader should try their best so that they can choose to learn above all odds until they become successful.

6. The following 6 users say Thank You to GhostMode for this useful post.

Alexander Tatsumaki (04-27-2018), azmassi (04-27-2018), bigearners (04-27-2018), fembizz (04-27-2018), Honey Bee (04-27-2018), Soldier (04-27-2018)

I just can't quit pips!
      I am:
      Inspired

fembizz has a reputation beyond repute fembizz has a reputation beyond repute fembizz has a reputation beyond repute fembizz has a reputation beyond repute fembizz has a reputation beyond repute fembizz has a reputation beyond repute fembizz has a reputation beyond repute fembizz has a reputation beyond repute fembizz has a reputation beyond repute fembizz has a reputation beyond repute fembizz has a reputation beyond repute fembizz's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,131 Times in 766 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Soldier View Post
      Is it true that 95% of Forex traders lose money constantly and only 5% are winners
      There is no standard statistics that is proven to consolidate and approve such claims as many of the reports are made by internet marketers who are only ready to scare the new and prospective traders always from doing the trading business by themselves but rather asking and luring them to rely on their so called holy grail trading system that does not exist anywhere in the world. In reference to the huge opportunities created by the mt5 forum then we can see how traders are making consistent good returns from the market and profits proofs been displayed for every new and old traders to see. Therefore, such claims should be debunked because only if a trader can believe in themselves then the better we shall all know that the percentage of 95 losers to 5 winners is just a marketing gimmick.

8. The following 4 users say Thank You to fembizz for this useful post.

Alexander Tatsumaki (04-27-2018), bigearners (04-27-2018), Honey Bee (04-27-2018), Soldier (04-27-2018)

MT5 Veteran
      I am:
      Cool

Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 7,682 Times in 2,579 Posts

Is it true that 95% of traders are losers?
      Not really. The numbers says something like 91-97% are winners in general and that 60% of all traders simple win and then lose again.

There are several sources online about this, another source from Taiwain states that only 2% of traders are able to make profits consistently and yet another says that 80-90% lose money overall in a year while the bank, broker, makes money. This is accoring to Reuters article from 2008. If these numbers are true / valid or outdate does not matter much. They speak a clear language = traders lose money a lot and one should be careful about attempting Forex trading.

The Symbiosis mashed up Trading Journal
      <--

Winner of Best answers contest!

10. The following 6 users say Thank You to Alexander Tatsumaki for this useful post.

azmassi (04-27-2018), bigearners (04-27-2018), GhostMode (04-27-2018), Honey Bee (04-27-2018), Soldier (04-28-2018), Unregistered (1)

MT5 Resident
      I am:
      Cheerful

bigearners has a reputation beyond repute bigearners has a reputation beyond repute bigearners has a reputation beyond repute bigearners has a reputation beyond repute bigearners has a reputation beyond repute bigearners has a reputation beyond repute bigearners has a reputation beyond repute bigearners has a reputation beyond repute bigearners has a reputation beyond repute bigearners has a reputation beyond repute bigearners has a reputation beyond repute bigearners's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 3,400 Times in 1,573 Posts

95% of Forex traders lose money constantly and only 5% are winners
      This is old quotation of 95% are losers of decades ago and most of them are newbies, who loose their money and get a sour taste but as time passes and technology improved in past few years as well as learning places like MT5 came into knowledge that number consistently reducing year by year. And you can see, lots of example of consistent profit over trading journal section.
      As far as percentage is concerned that i had read in recent report showing 80% of losers 20% of winners but it may vary from other reports.
      Keep learning to reach the success

Visit the learning blog

12. The following 6 users say Thank You to bigearners for this useful post.

azmassi (04-27-2018), GhostMode (04-27-2018), Honey Bee (04-27-2018), Soldier (04-28-2018), Unregistered (2)

My charts talk to me!
      I am:
      ----

Warren Bafett is a name known to all Warren Bafett is a name known to all Warren Bafett is a name known to all Warren Bafett is a name known to all Warren Bafett is a name known to all Warren Bafett is a name known to all Warren Bafett's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Not exactly 95% are losers, I rather call them struggling traders and majority are newbies and it's common for newbies to struggle first. The hardest hurdle in forex trading is developing a good trading mindset and good psychology. Technical and fundamental analysis can be learned, it's the habit of the trader and mental inner workings that is very hard to fine tuned and merged well with your trading.
      No Guts No Glory!

14. The following 2 users say Thank You to Warren Bafett for this useful post.

Honey Bee (04-27-2018), Soldier (04-28-2018)

FX Super Hero
      I am:
      ----

Honey Bee has a reputation beyond repute Honey Bee has a reputation beyond repute Honey Bee has a reputation beyond repute Honey Bee has a reputation beyond repute Honey Bee has a reputation beyond repute Honey Bee has a reputation beyond repute Honey Bee has a reputation beyond repute Honey Bee has a reputation beyond repute Honey Bee has a reputation beyond repute Honey Bee has a reputation beyond repute Honey Bee has a reputation beyond repute Honey Bee's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 3,803 Times in 854 Posts

Is it true that 95% of Forex traders lose money constantly and only 5% are winners because this percentage is huge and doesn't seems plausible, Is it?
      Every forex trader will join this business for the sake of money and try to earn profit, but in real its a long term business and need time for better understanding the real market, some trader will invest money and give their account to other for manage them and the result they will loss their all capital, many scams peoples will work for this. we need to manage our account by our own self makes your our trading system then in few month we will have complete idea how to earn money from live trading on any currency pair. profit and loss is the part of business keep try your self for making long term profit.

16. The following 2 users say Thank You to Honey Bee for this useful post.

Soldier (04-28-2018), Unregistered (1)

MT5 Addict
      I am:
      ----

taifon has much to be proud of taifon has much to be proud of taifon has much to be proud of taifon has much to be proud of taifon has much to be proud of taifon has much to be proud of taifon has much to be proud of taifon has much to be proud of taifon has much to be proud of taifon's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,503 Times in 511 Posts

I do not think this ratio is true because the Forex market does not have a specific entity that controls it so it is not possible to know the percentage of losers and winners in this field
      Also, the losers could have been this percentage earlier when it was difficult to get learning sources and information about the market, but now it's different and anyone who can access thousands of free education online
      You can easily communicate with experienced traders, listen to their advice, ask for help and correct your mistakes

18. The Following User Says Thank You to taifon For This Useful Post:

Soldier (04-28-2018)

FX Zombie
      I am:
      Relaxed

DaveBenroe has a spectacular aura about DaveBenroe has a spectacular aura about DaveBenroe has a spectacular aura about DaveBenroe's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

As for me, I don't believe that ideology, or hypothesis, or what do I call it, that 95% of the Forex traders are losers.

Where did they get their statistical result? Who performed the survey? Is it online or offline? When was it done? I mean, is it recently or in some years past, now obsolete result?

We need to know the organisation or the individual that managed to do this noble survey and come out with this result of 95% Forex traders being losers!

I think the world is more advanced than in some dark ages where somebody will just come up with a assumption that "The Earth is flat!", "Hippopotamus and elephants are brothers!!" etc.

This is some kind of discouraging, misleading and baseless information that can scare away those who might eventually become great Forex professionals in future: a Forex newbie trader who has lost some trades and come in contact with this kind of information might get discouraged.

---------- Post added at 03:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:22 PM ----------

As for me, I don't believe that ideology, or hypothesis, or what do I call it, that 95% of the Forex traders are losers.

Where did they get their statistical result? Who performed the survey? Is it online or offline? When was it done? I mean, is it recently or in some years past, now obsolete result?

We need to know the organisation or the individual that managed to do this noble survey and come out with this result of 95% Forex traders being losers!

I think the world is more advanced than in some dark ages where somebody will just come up with a assumption that "The Earth is flat!", "Hippopotamus and elephants are brothers!!" etc.

This is some kind of discouraging, misleading and baseless information that can scare away those who might eventually become great Forex professionals in future: a Forex newbie trader who has lost some trades and come in contact with this kind of information might get discouraged.
      BE WEALTHY IF U WANNA BE !
      BE WRETCHED IF U CHOOSE TO BE !!

THE CHOICE IS YOURS !!!

20. The following 2 users say Thank You to DaveBenroe for this useful post.

Unregistered (2)

Reply to Thread
    Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast