• Worried
  • Yeehaw
  • Reply to Thread
    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Is online banking really safe?

FX Vampire
      I am:
      Fine

Interlock has a reputation beyond repute Interlock has a reputation beyond repute Interlock has a reputation beyond repute Interlock has a reputation beyond repute Interlock has a reputation beyond repute Interlock has a reputation beyond repute Interlock has a reputation beyond repute Interlock has a reputation beyond repute Interlock has a reputation beyond repute Interlock has a reputation beyond repute Interlock has a reputation beyond repute Interlock's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      754.88 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 3,345 Times in 1,042 Posts

Is online banking really safe?
      It depends. It's totally depends on the particular bank's internet security system. Here in the question you mentioned the country Bangladesh. In Bangladesh, there are only few countries are following online banking strategy. Many recognized bank shows zero interest about online banking due to security concern. If any bank have strong server maintenance then they take this risk to start online banking. So my advice is if any bank have online banking that means they have strong server management team, so you can take it as a safe place to invest or deposit your money.
      For overall countries, online banking is the most popular system. Many institution have now started to take semester fee via online banking system. It's really good for everyone. So if the bank could ensure strong security system then you should keep full faith on it.
      Who Is Your Creator And What Is His Intention? Find It Before It Becomes Too Late. If You Search You Will Realize That Allah Is One. May Allah Bless You.

My Trading Journal: RSI, ZigZag in D1 Time Frame

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Interlock For This Useful Post:

Borneo Scalper (05-21-2018)

3. <a href="https://www.instaforex.com/company_news">‘ÓūŚÍŮ ÔÓūÚŗŽ</a>
      My charts talk to me!
      I am:
      Happy

Timon has a reputation beyond repute Timon has a reputation beyond repute Timon has a reputation beyond repute Timon has a reputation beyond repute Timon has a reputation beyond repute Timon has a reputation beyond repute Timon has a reputation beyond repute Timon has a reputation beyond repute Timon has a reputation beyond repute Timon has a reputation beyond repute Timon has a reputation beyond repute Timon's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      433.55 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 3,494 Times in 605 Posts

The moment you take your business activities online just know that you have automatically become the target of hackers, you need to be very careful so that you won't get into anything that will lead to your bankruptcy, one of the things that people look at when choosing a bank to operate an account with is how robust their online banking system is especially with regard to the security and the features of what is possible, there are some commercial banks that have lesser amounts that can be transferred per transaction, a business man that needs to transfer large amounts per day cannot choose them, this is one factor that people consider, but generally speaking the security of your account depends on the activity you carry out to protect theft. The bank already have some measure to stop it but if the customer does not use it well it can be a real issue.

5. The following 4 users say Thank You to Timon for this useful post.

Borneo Scalper (05-21-2018), Leonvic90 (05-16-2018), Oghale (05-16-2018), simisola (05-16-2018)

Will work for pips
      I am:
      ----

forexhouse will become famous soon enough forexhouse will become famous soon enough forexhouse's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      27.50 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Online banking is safe with the proper safeguards. There are precautions you can take to make it more comfortable and safe for you. First, you can visit the bank by typing in the address. I would suggest saving the address to your favorites bar. Also, many hackers access your bank information through phishing schemes. I would never click a link to visit your online bank. You should save the address to your browser. Second, make sure that your banks webpage has a small yellow lock icon in the bottom of the window or next to the url. This ensure that the page is safe and no one has the capability to access your information. Third, never send personal information such as usernames and passwords, PIN or account info through your email. It could be read by a third party. Fourth, try to log into your bank at home. Accessing account info from your work, wireless network or friends house. Third party hackers can intercept the information in these locations. Fourth, use a strong password. Don't use passwords that you used before, or commonly used passwords such as a pet's name. Fifth, always make sure your computer is protected. You can use antivirus devices. You should also watch out for keyloggers. Fifth, use a reputable, popular and reliable bank. They should have excellent customer service and answer all your questions.
      Last edited by forexhouse; 05-15-2018 at 06:10 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to forexhouse For This Useful Post:

FX Zombie
      I am:
      ----

Obie has much to be proud of Obie has much to be proud of Obie has much to be proud of Obie has much to be proud of Obie has much to be proud of Obie has much to be proud of Obie has much to be proud of Obie has much to be proud of Obie's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      1094.79 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,101 Times in 451 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by qlink View Post
      Quite recently we hear some news of bank accounts being hacked and robbed, such as for example the Bangladesh bank and others. So perhaps we may ask if online banking really safe? How can the clients be safe with online banking?
      Talking about safety when discussing topics like online banking, databases, e-commerce, and internet security is a good instance of a case where the word "safety" is used in relative terms. The harsh somewhat uncomfortable reality is the fact that there is no absolute security anywhere - not online, not in the White House, not anywhere in the land of mortals. Absolute security is a utopian ideal that we consistently work towards.

Back to the question of how safe online banking really is, we need to understand that the developers and technicians that design internet and computer network architecture, security infrastructure and web portals put in their very best efforts and technical skills, using industry best practices to ensure that critical online portals and infrastructure such as online banking facilities are reasonably safe for us all. However, we also need to understand that hackers and unscrupulous computer geeks never get tired of crafting new and clever ways of breaching even the most fortified websites and web apps. This is why we occasionally hear about shocking incidents involving popular sites. Yahoo has been hacked on more than one occasion, the case of the Bangladesh bank online hacking scandal is a popular one, Paypal, Amazon and eBay have all recording hacking and password theft incidents.

The fact that online banking security infrastructure can be breached does not mean that the internet security technology available today is useless, but rather, that criminally minded people will always find ways to breach any system, no matter how well fortified. The task is for internet security professionals to stay ahead of the game, by constantly innovating and researching newer techniques. So, in a nutshell, online banking is reasonably safe, but not so safe that nothing can ever go wrong !

9. The following 2 users say Thank You to Obie for this useful post.

Borneo Scalper (05-21-2018), Unregistered (1)

MT5 Addict
      I am:
      ----

cambiste is a splendid one to behold cambiste is a splendid one to behold cambiste is a splendid one to behold cambiste is a splendid one to behold cambiste is a splendid one to behold cambiste is a splendid one to behold cambiste is a splendid one to behold cambiste's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      280.89 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

It's very safe as real bank but you have to choose the good payment processor otherwise you may lose all your many. To choose the right bank, you have to check if it's regulated, if it's not regulated, be careful, don't put a big amount of money in your account and you've to check if they have a good reputation before using it.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to cambiste For This Useful Post:

Where am I?
      I am:
      ----

nomaden is an unknown quantity at this point nomaden's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      0.00 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Of course online banking is safe. What kind of question is this? We are living in the super digital era not some 3 or 4 decades ago.
      Everything now is done online, not relying on manual labor by writing on paper anymore. When we need something in paper then we just need to print it.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to nomaden For This Useful Post:

My charts talk to me!
      I am:
      ----

Borneo Scalper has much to be proud of Borneo Scalper has much to be proud of Borneo Scalper has much to be proud of Borneo Scalper has much to be proud of Borneo Scalper has much to be proud of Borneo Scalper has much to be proud of Borneo Scalper has much to be proud of Borneo Scalper has much to be proud of Borneo Scalper's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      405.46 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,120 Times in 416 Posts

online banking is safe. Bank is a big organization that have money to upgrade their facilities and making it secure. They can afford million of dollars to increase their security and make it safer for all their customer. When someone bank account is hacked, most time it is because of the lack security on the customer computer. No anti virus, using not original windows, pirated softwares, etc.

Forex in the blood
      I am:
      ----

dtvade has a spectacular aura about dtvade has a spectacular aura about dtvade's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      93.93 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Banking is an act of putting money and other valuables in a place for a custody at an interest rate. The traditional banking is almost as old as the universe itself. However with the advent of technology, transactions became faster, easier and more effective. This at a time was referred to as an integrated banking system and later as an online banking.
      Almost every transaction could be done online which has made life very convenient for all and sundry.
      The greatest challenge of online banking is the security. The internet fraud of all kind is at the peak and of a great concern. In all these there are several precautionary measures that could be taken it only requires education in this area.
      There is little can be done in this age traditionally , therefore online banking could still be considered as safe as long as one is ready to take all the precautionary measures

Reply to Thread
    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2