• Sneaky
  • Stresses
  • Tired
  • Twisted
  • Worried
  • Yeehaw
  • Reply to Thread
    Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Do you put all your money in trading account or put only a portion?

It's time to retire!
      I am:
      Fine

elssayed has a brilliant future elssayed has a brilliant future elssayed has a brilliant future elssayed has a brilliant future elssayed has a brilliant future elssayed has a brilliant future elssayed has a brilliant future elssayed has a brilliant future elssayed has a brilliant future elssayed has a brilliant future elssayed has a brilliant future elssayed's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      2,302.46 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,159 Times in 1,043 Posts

Post Do you put all your money in trading account or put only a portion?

I want to talking about dividing our balance to some accounts For example if i have 1000 dollar in my electronic bank i always make 250 dollar deposit in my Forex account and i keep 750 dollar in my electronic bank because this help me in more things as :

1- when i trade with 250 dollar only i always trade with small lots and very low risk .
      2- if i lost my balance 250 dollar i will find other money to make deposit again to compensate my loss .
      3- when we trade with big balance i see that greed always control on us to double it and if we lost the whole 1000 dollar we will not be able to compensate or covering our loses .

- Some traders prefer to trade with the whole balance in one account to have big margin but i don't prefer this .

- So i see that dividing our balance to four parts better than the trading with the whole balance in one account only .

What do you think about that ?

2. Thanks under the first post will be ignored for the purpose of distribution of prizes
      MT5 Veteran
      I am:
      Cool

Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki has a reputation beyond repute Alexander Tatsumaki's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      3,067.40 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 7,945 Times in 2,695 Posts

Why Do you trade with all your balance in one account only ?
      I do not do that.

I have one account that is for competitions, it needs to have 700-1000 dollars roughly.
      I have one account that is a PAMM.
      I have one account that is a forum bonus.
      I have one that is a **Copy.
      Then i have another that is a client account.
      And some demo's for testing things.

They all have different amounts invested, and all different reasons for it. If i'd have even more money and more clients i'd have to use some other modell. Also, i know that there are some traders that like to use only a small part of their money to trade and the rest they only use if they need more and then when they do not need that extra they put it back. That way they can relax more while doing something that you like.

The Symbiosis mashed up Trading Journal
      <--

Winner of Best answers contest!

4. The following 5 users say Thank You to Alexander Tatsumaki for this useful post.

dtvade (10-02-2018), dzin4aans (05-18-2018), Unregistered (3)

Forum Guru
      I am:
      Fine

GhostMode has a reputation beyond repute GhostMode has a reputation beyond repute GhostMode has a reputation beyond repute GhostMode has a reputation beyond repute GhostMode has a reputation beyond repute GhostMode has a reputation beyond repute GhostMode has a reputation beyond repute GhostMode has a reputation beyond repute GhostMode has a reputation beyond repute GhostMode has a reputation beyond repute GhostMode has a reputation beyond repute GhostMode's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      1,993.84 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,913 Times in 1,257 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by elssayed View Post
      I want to talking about dividing our balance to some accounts For example if i have 1000 dollar in my electronic bank i always make 250 dollar deposit in my Forex account and i keep 750 dollar in my electronic bank because this help me in more things as :

1- when i trade with 250 dollar only i always trade with small lots and very low risk .
      2- if i lost my balance 250 dollar i will find other money to make deposit again to compensate my loss .
      3- when we trade with big balance i see that greed always control on us to double it and if we lost the whole 1000 dollar we will not be able to compensate or covering our loses .

- Some traders prefer to trade with the whole balance in one account to have big margin but i don't prefer this .

- So i see that dividing our balance to four parts better than the trading with the whole balance in one account only .

What do you think about that ?
      I have seen many Newbie traders and other Forex traders trying to put all eggs in one basket. A Forex trader should as a matter of rule make sure that they diversify their funds so that they cannot lose everything they have the same time, Even remember that the stop loss will also
      Currently i do have possession of just 2 Forex trading accounts, And the Money that i have as total capital is shared with these accounts and i also basically use different strategies and also i trade different trading symbols in these 2 accounts.

Generally since the Forex trade markets have to do with risks,It shows clearly that a trader should make sure that we trade differently to avoid huge losses occurring in some of constant .

6. The following 3 users say Thank You to GhostMode for this useful post.

elssayed (05-15-2018), Unregistered (2)

I just can't quit pips!
      I am:
      Inspired

fembizz has a reputation beyond repute fembizz has a reputation beyond repute fembizz has a reputation beyond repute fembizz has a reputation beyond repute fembizz has a reputation beyond repute fembizz has a reputation beyond repute fembizz has a reputation beyond repute fembizz has a reputation beyond repute fembizz has a reputation beyond repute fembizz has a reputation beyond repute fembizz has a reputation beyond repute fembizz's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      1,894.88 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,194 Times in 801 Posts

Well, in my own opinion, I think it is not a wise idea to put all your trading capital or risk all your trading capital in one single trade or account. The reason is that, you are likely going to risk more than a reasonable or considerable amount due to over- confidence in your big capital or at times due to greed or the need to multiply your investment in a short while and because the forex market is very dynamic and very volatile, we as trader may be tempted to believe that the price in going in ones favour but which may later end in a reversal and so bring about a fatal loss. Another reason a trader may decide to risk all of his or her account in a single trade may be to meet up with pressing need forgetting that the forex market is not a get-rich-quick business. In conclusion, I do not support the idea of risking all your account in one trade as that is like putting all your eggs in one basket and if care is not taken you could get them all cracked or broken in some cases.

8. The following 3 users say Thank You to fembizz for this useful post.

elssayed (05-15-2018), Unregistered (2)

Banned
      I am:
      Happy

Timon has a reputation beyond repute Timon has a reputation beyond repute Timon has a reputation beyond repute Timon has a reputation beyond repute Timon has a reputation beyond repute Timon has a reputation beyond repute Timon has a reputation beyond repute Timon has a reputation beyond repute Timon has a reputation beyond repute Timon has a reputation beyond repute Timon has a reputation beyond repute Timon's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      652.50 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 4,965 Times in 848 Posts

Well you need to understand the importance of diversification because that is what will save you in the event that something unpleasant happened to your major forex broker, all your money could be lost, I will like to sight an example of what happened during the great fall of the Swiss franc after the Swiss National Bank cut the interest rate, we saw that the volatility was so much that many people lost huge sums of money, it was so bad that some forex brokers have to go out of business because they did not have the liquidity to handle the market, there wad practically a system Mal function that day, if you are someone that did not have an alternative account or plan B that would have been the end of your trading account obviously.

10. The following 5 users say Thank You to Timon for this useful post.

Leonvic90 (05-16-2018), Neriah (05-16-2018), Oghale (05-16-2018), simisola (05-16-2018), Unregistered (1)

Banned
      I am:
      Relaxed

Oghale has a reputation beyond repute Oghale has a reputation beyond repute Oghale has a reputation beyond repute Oghale has a reputation beyond repute Oghale has a reputation beyond repute Oghale has a reputation beyond repute Oghale has a reputation beyond repute Oghale has a reputation beyond repute Oghale has a reputation beyond repute Oghale has a reputation beyond repute Oghale has a reputation beyond repute Oghale's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      845.85 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 6,995 Times in 1,243 Posts

Splitting your investment among different forex brokers is very important because of many reasons, same way it is not safe for a business man to put all his money with one bank because some things can happen that will make him lose a good business deal, he might be trying to carry out a transaction and maybe the banks online platform will not be working and this can cause issues, for the forex trader, having one account is totally unacceptable because you could be trying to make a withdrawal while trading and you will be told about insufficient balance because of the lack of margin for the withdrawals to go through and this is a great disadvantage.

12. The following 6 users say Thank You to Oghale for this useful post.

Leonvic90 (05-16-2018), Neriah (05-16-2018), simisola (05-16-2018), Timon (05-16-2018), Unregistered (2)

It's time to retire!
      I am:
      Fine

Kalex has a reputation beyond repute Kalex has a reputation beyond repute Kalex has a reputation beyond repute Kalex has a reputation beyond repute Kalex has a reputation beyond repute Kalex has a reputation beyond repute Kalex has a reputation beyond repute Kalex has a reputation beyond repute Kalex has a reputation beyond repute Kalex has a reputation beyond repute Kalex has a reputation beyond repute Kalex's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      5,160.00 USD (What is this?)
      caught pokemons
      4 (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 7,648 Times in 2,447 Posts

In simple word ,its your own money and for that you are having the full liberty to think and to plan with that money ,actually we should have to minimize the risk and should make the profit as per our target .Suppose me ,i feel little uncomfortable with the several trading accounts because at a time we can't control that .

Now suppose you are having 5 trading account of same $200 amount and you are opening same lotsize trade order at the same time ,here what happens is you are getting the pips protection less but if you are trading at the same time with only one trading account of $1000 ,you are having bigger pips protection and another thing is sometime it happens that at some moment ,market gives us very good short term opportunity to trade and make profit but the process of depositing may take the time and we may skip that golden chance.

14. The following 2 users say Thank You to Kalex for this useful post.

forexaddict (05-17-2018), Unregistered (1)

Forum Guru
      I am:
      ----

sonibark has a reputation beyond repute sonibark has a reputation beyond repute sonibark has a reputation beyond repute sonibark has a reputation beyond repute sonibark has a reputation beyond repute sonibark has a reputation beyond repute sonibark has a reputation beyond repute sonibark has a reputation beyond repute sonibark has a reputation beyond repute sonibark has a reputation beyond repute sonibark has a reputation beyond repute sonibark's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      2,280.66 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 13,295 Times in 3,367 Posts

Putting all our money in the forex trading market is just like gambling, there is no certainty in the forex market, we can loose all our money in forex.

In fact in my own experience i think investing 250$ while having 1000$ as our life savings is too much, I think the maximum we should investing the market is 10% of our savings.

And even after we invested we should not even try to risk all the money at once in a trade, we need to grow our account little by little. And we should increase our risk as our account progresses. And we should be also very discipline about all this and make sure we get rid of greediness.

16. The following 3 users say Thank You to sonibark for this useful post.

Unregistered (3)

I just can't quit pips!
      I am:
      Pensive

forexaddict is a splendid one to behold forexaddict is a splendid one to behold forexaddict is a splendid one to behold forexaddict is a splendid one to behold forexaddict is a splendid one to behold forexaddict is a splendid one to behold forexaddict is a splendid one to behold forexaddict's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      1,110.94 USD (What is this?)
      caught pokemons
      1 (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,022 Times in 473 Posts

I don't put all my money in my trading account for several reasons. I have seen that when I see my balance is handsome I start trading with more lot and in this process I lose more. The idea for even the beginner trader is that as a naive trader a person don't understand anything about real trading and it's more likely that he will lose his first investment quickly and if he is all in with is money then he won't have anything to invest again. It's really a sad thing for a trader and every trader needs a second chance.

This second chance will only come if we split our money in couple of portion and that's how if we get margin call for our first investment then it won't be a big deal for us to start again and learning from the mistakes we can develop our trading. That's why I personally feel that we always need some backup money for our trading. We never know the future and it's always best to save for the future.
      Yesterday's wins and losses are yesterday's wins and losses -- and the yesterdays are gone

18. The following 4 users say Thank You to forexaddict for this useful post.

dzin4aans (05-18-2018), Sixteen (05-18-2018), Unregistered (2)

Banned
      I am:
      ----

simisola has a reputation beyond repute simisola has a reputation beyond repute simisola has a reputation beyond repute simisola has a reputation beyond repute simisola has a reputation beyond repute simisola has a reputation beyond repute simisola has a reputation beyond repute simisola has a reputation beyond repute simisola has a reputation beyond repute simisola has a reputation beyond repute simisola has a reputation beyond repute simisola's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      2,486.28 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 11,567 Times in 2,922 Posts

Well, it just depends on what you feel is right and the level of security that you are expecting from the forex market because as a forex trader there are many Forex brokers that have good reviews and reputation that you can choose from, this mean using just one broker to store and save your money is okay as long as you believe in the security of your funds.

I will recommend that we have a diversity of portfolio because there is nothing that can be seen as guaranteed in the forex market, sometimes a government regulation in the host country of the forex broker can affect them to lose customers or even change their location, as was in the case of bitcoin in China, this kind of policy changes can affect us negatively.

20. The following 7 users say Thank You to simisola for this useful post.

forexianz (05-18-2018), Leonvic90 (05-20-2018), Neriah (05-20-2018), Oghale (05-20-2018), Sixteen (05-18-2018), Timon (05-20-2018), Unregistered (1)

Reply to Thread
    Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast