• Sneaky
  • Stresses
  • Tired
  • Twisted
  • Worried
  • Yeehaw
  • Reply to Thread
    Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Do you think 'Option Trading' is better than 'Forex Trading'?

My charts talk to me!
      I am:
      Amused

bappy4x has a reputation beyond repute bappy4x has a reputation beyond repute bappy4x has a reputation beyond repute bappy4x has a reputation beyond repute bappy4x has a reputation beyond repute bappy4x has a reputation beyond repute bappy4x has a reputation beyond repute bappy4x has a reputation beyond repute bappy4x has a reputation beyond repute bappy4x has a reputation beyond repute bappy4x has a reputation beyond repute bappy4x's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      187.98 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 6,125 Times in 863 Posts

Default Do you think 'Option Trading' is better than 'Forex Trading'?

Hi, I have little bit idea about option trading that like on mt5 forum's trend guess contest that you have to predict trend where it will go for next few days or few hours which you can put it. Some people think that option trading is look like gamble, what do you think about it?
      Bappy's Trading Journal
      Mt5 forum is best Forex forum Community, To join Click Here

2. Thanks under the first post will be ignored for the purpose of distribution of prizes
    3. Lamboghini
      I am:
      Crappy

dzin4aans has a reputation beyond repute dzin4aans has a reputation beyond repute dzin4aans has a reputation beyond repute dzin4aans has a reputation beyond repute dzin4aans has a reputation beyond repute dzin4aans has a reputation beyond repute dzin4aans has a reputation beyond repute dzin4aans has a reputation beyond repute dzin4aans has a reputation beyond repute dzin4aans has a reputation beyond repute dzin4aans has a reputation beyond repute dzin4aans's Avatar
      Thanks
      Thanked 20,621 Times in 5,118 Posts

First a couple of thoughts of each:

Option trading:
      Good for some fun and excitement plus good for long term prediction practice on certain currency pairs. Definitely deadly and almost straight comparison to gambling is short term option trading like 10 minutes etc.

Forex Trading
      The trading that we all have learned and mastered more or less. Its the way to go and trade and I dont think there is any other better way to turn your investment into very nice profits.

So to answer the question, I definitely prefer Forex trading because I think its way better from the risk/reward perspective and also it involves more control over your decisions and profits/loss you take. Moreover, if you calculate the profits you can make from option trading, soon you will realize that its super hard to be in profits even with a good trading strategy simply because of poor 80-85% payouts.. where forex trading offers you 2-3 times your risk which is equal 200-300%. Simple maths

5. The following 5 users say Thank You to dzin4aans for this useful post.

bappy4x (05-16-2018), elssayed (05-17-2018), Passionate Pisces (05-23-2018), PhantomTrader79 (05-16-2018), Unregistered (1)

FX Zombie
      I am:
      Chatty

sameeh is just really nice sameeh is just really nice sameeh is just really nice sameeh is just really nice sameeh is just really nice sameeh's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      380.52 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

I do not like to trade with option trading because it is more risky than the forex and so it depends on luck with high percentage and so i do not trade with it and prefer to trade with forex and do not want to risk my money with option trading, some traders have the ability to make good money with option trading because they know how to handle trading with options.

Option trading maybe faster in making of money than forex because the trader can make money in fewer time but i think this needs a trader than knows how to predict the future movement in this period of trading that may depend on luck in many cases. so trading with option may need more strong mentality and stronger emotions that has less fear and less stress, the advertisement about options increase day by day and this attracts many people to it to try it and see if it will be profitable for them or not.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to sameeh For This Useful Post:

PhantomTrader79 (05-16-2018)

Banned
      I am:
      ----

simisola has a reputation beyond repute simisola has a reputation beyond repute simisola has a reputation beyond repute simisola has a reputation beyond repute simisola has a reputation beyond repute simisola has a reputation beyond repute simisola has a reputation beyond repute simisola has a reputation beyond repute simisola has a reputation beyond repute simisola has a reputation beyond repute simisola has a reputation beyond repute simisola's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      2486.28 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 11,535 Times in 2,913 Posts

Option trading or what some people might call odds is very risky on know that there is risk in the forex business too but there is basically no comparison between it and forex, they are like miles apart from each other, the secret of success in either of these is practice, if we are slack concerning them that means we don't understand what we want, gambling is not supposed to be a part of forex business but unfortunately it had become a day to day issue which has obviously resulted in the loss of many traders money, so wake me up in the morning and ask me the difference between forex and options, and ask me to choose, I won't think twice even in the dream to give you my answers, I prefer forex any day.

9. The following 7 users say Thank You to simisola for this useful post.

Leonvic90 (05-16-2018), Neriah (05-16-2018), Oghale (05-16-2018), PhantomTrader79 (05-16-2018), Timon (05-16-2018), Unregistered (2)

Super Moderator
      I am:
      Fine

PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79 has a reputation beyond repute PhantomTrader79's Avatar
      Thanks
      Thanked 35,854 Times in 8,397 Posts

The trading world is rigged to the favor of the company that runs it.

Take example the forex brokerage.... they will require you to pay the spread (which a portion of them will go to the company's pocket) and then they will also require you to pay for the commission (in the case of an ECN brokerage). But of course, in the trading world like forex or futures or even stock market there is still so much freedom that you can get by trading them. However, that is not the case for the options/binary world and this is how things work over there....

First off.... you must realize that options trading are set by people who can calculate their risk so the offer is usually rigged to their side. In the case of vanilla option you still have the chance to bail out of your position if you don't like how things are going but it only applies to American options while if you do European options you can only exercise your rights at expiry date. This means you are forced to take a deal (that is bad by default) and bet on your luck that the option will go into your favor.

Second, your maximum holding period is limited when you deal with vanilla options and in the case of binary some brokers offer even shorter expiry. While in the case of the forex trading world you can hold for as long as you would like while also have the possibility to make money through the swap rate. Essentially, in options trading you are betting against time and trend.

Third is the potential profit. In the case of vanilla options you still have some freedom especially in American options but in the case of the recently popular binary options you are limited to only 100% win which means if you bet $100 then you are limited to only making 100% of the bet if you get it correctly. However, in the forex world you can have crazy gains like 2R or 5R or even 10R (with R representing the amount of multiples of profit that you will get compared to the risk that you put).

Fourth, the ability to manage your position. This is nonexistent in the binary options. Once you set your bet then you can only wait for it to expire in profit or in loss but in the forex trading world you can close half of your running position or whatever amount that you wish to close from your original position. This is part of prudent position handling.

Fifth is the leverage. In binary options there is no such thing as leverage because it only works like a bet so you only risk the money to win or lose it. So it's not effective use of money there but in forex obviously you have a choice on how much you want to leverage your position.

11. The following 14 users say Thank You to PhantomTrader79 for this useful post.

bappy4x (05-16-2018), Drake Astral (05-17-2018), elssayed (05-17-2018), Hsuforex (05-18-2018), Neriah (05-18-2018), Oliver HST (05-17-2018), Passionate Pisces (05-23-2018), PongsakornFX (05-18-2018), Unregistered (6)

Forum Guru
      I am:
      ----

sonibark has a reputation beyond repute sonibark has a reputation beyond repute sonibark has a reputation beyond repute sonibark has a reputation beyond repute sonibark has a reputation beyond repute sonibark has a reputation beyond repute sonibark has a reputation beyond repute sonibark has a reputation beyond repute sonibark has a reputation beyond repute sonibark has a reputation beyond repute sonibark has a reputation beyond repute sonibark's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      2280.66 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 13,119 Times in 3,345 Posts

In my own opinion I think it's incomparable, forex trading market is far better than forex options, in fact I consider forex option as a gambling, because it operate on specific timelines. The trader has no control over when a trade begins or ends once a trade has started.

Option trading is all about a guessing game whereby traders only guess whether an asset, such as a foreign currency, will go up or down in value, users can take trades lasting from one second To many months, since they can open and close the trade whenever they feel like it.
      This flexibility has both advantages and disadvantages. So anytime any day i will always choose forex market over option trading

13. The following 2 users say Thank You to sonibark for this useful post.

Unregistered (2)

Banned
      I am:
      ----

Neriah has a reputation beyond repute Neriah has a reputation beyond repute Neriah has a reputation beyond repute Neriah has a reputation beyond repute Neriah has a reputation beyond repute Neriah has a reputation beyond repute Neriah has a reputation beyond repute Neriah has a reputation beyond repute Neriah has a reputation beyond repute Neriah has a reputation beyond repute Neriah has a reputation beyond repute Neriah's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      857.59 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 6,631 Times in 1,095 Posts

Option trading is a beautiful way to earn, this just boils down to how much you know about it, I would not say it is all about guessing because those who are successfully trading it don't appear to see it that way, your perception is based on information, I have seen many people who have made fortune from it because they spent time to extensively study how it works, forex trading is good, but for some one that has been doing options for a while, there is no way you can convince this person to switch from it to forex. You can make money from options and use that knowledge to trade forex too, it is just about random variables and knowing where price would be headed within a specific period of time, when there is news volatility, this makes it even sweeter.

15. The following 5 users say Thank You to Neriah for this useful post.

Leonvic90 (05-18-2018), Mez Da Whiz (05-18-2018), Oghale (05-18-2018), simisola (05-18-2018), Timon (05-18-2018)

My charts talk to me!
      I am:
      ----

taifon has a reputation beyond repute taifon has a reputation beyond repute taifon has a reputation beyond repute taifon has a reputation beyond repute taifon has a reputation beyond repute taifon has a reputation beyond repute taifon has a reputation beyond repute taifon has a reputation beyond repute taifon has a reputation beyond repute taifon has a reputation beyond repute taifon has a reputation beyond repute taifon's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      273.46 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,729 Times in 964 Posts

I have already tried this kind of trading and I did not find it good and I felt it was just a bet. These deals, which occur in a small time, can only be five minutes. At this time, it is not about market analysis but it is about luck
      Trading in Forex is a different thing you feel is a real investment based on a study of transactions and analysis of the market
      The price is given enough time to go up and down to reach the target.So I prefer to trade in Forex to be able to control trades and risk

17. The Following User Says Thank You to taifon For This Useful Post:

Unregistered (1)

My pips hand is weak
      I am:
      Hungover

Jsmbugu will become famous soon enough Jsmbugu will become famous soon enough Jsmbugu's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      27.46 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

For me option trade known as binary options is a Gamble business and too risky , i tried to trade with iq option with fream 1 minute is like bet because you guess in what side that couples "Eurusd" for example end after 1 minute if you're right you will get 80% of the amount you bet and if you're wrong you lose that amount. It's don't make any sense for me، how can you know the direction of eurusd or any other couple after just one minute or two .
      So i'll say is quite different than forex who is based on analyzing the market you can earn and take the profits of the orders even after long time .

MT5 Addict
      I am:
      Amazed

Mez Da Whiz has much to be proud of Mez Da Whiz has much to be proud of Mez Da Whiz has much to be proud of Mez Da Whiz has much to be proud of Mez Da Whiz has much to be proud of Mez Da Whiz has much to be proud of Mez Da Whiz has much to be proud of Mez Da Whiz has much to be proud of Mez Da Whiz has much to be proud of Mez Da Whiz's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      255.89 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,327 Times in 384 Posts

Do you think 'Option Trading' is better than 'Forex Trading'?
      A good understanding of binary options is required before we can answer this.

Binary options are option contracts with fixed risks and fixed rewards. In binary options trading, the trader must decide whether an underlying asset, such as a stock, a commodity, or a currency, will go up or down during a fixed period of time. Traders are shown up front the value of their earnings if their predictions are right.

We're all familiar with regular forex trading.

Now, both forex trading and binary options trading are good, and the better one depends on the individual trader. One has to consider the advantages and disadvantages of both of them.

Binary trading works in much the same way as a roulette: if your prediction is wrong, you lose all the money you risked, but if your prediction is right, you receive your money back plus a return. A common set-up is for the trader to make 80% of what they bet on any trade that they get right. For instance, if a trader puts in $10 dollars betting on the value of the USD/EURO going up, and the guess is correct, he would receive $8 dollars plus his initial investment. If the value of the same currency drops, however, the trader loses 100% of the money that they put in.

In forex trading, you may lose part or all of your funds, buy there's always room for controlling your risk. This alone would make me consider forex trading to be better than options.

There are other reasons like lack of leverage in binary options trading to consider.
      Come Alive!
      Proudly Nigerian

20. The following 2 users say Thank You to Mez Da Whiz for this useful post.

Neriah (05-18-2018), Oghale (05-18-2018)

Reply to Thread
    Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast